Mod loadout question

How many loadouts should a toon have? I am trying to familiarize myself with different mod loadouts for different toons but not quite sure how to set them up. My first thought would be to use a loadout for one type of mod for a toon (speed, potency etc.) But I'm not sure if that would be effective. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Meh, it's not super cost effective. Only use load outs if you absolutely must. It's better to custom to an exact need per toon. JMHO. I have never used one and don't intend to. I build a set for each one that's tailored to their specific needs. So potency when you want to stick debuffs and tenacity when you need to absorb them. I farm alot of mods and yes this takes a long time but in the end I'd rather have that. Just build your roster, put work into them and there's no event you won't eventually clear. Patience.
  • My understanding is that the people who do have multiple loadouts for a character will have one for arena/PvP and one for raids. So for example you want really high speed secondaries for arena/PvP but for something like raids you don't need as much speed and can typically focus on high potency/offence/tenacity/crit damage.

As dennish mentioned it isn't the most cost effective and I also believe it's better to have a larger selection of really good mods instead of always moving them around.
  • I've done them for events, where you need a specific set, for a squad. Some guild members have them for specific squads for raids. Optimization nets them increased scores, but you have to weigh the costs.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'm one of those in Tony's guild. I have loadouts for all my HSTR teams. The only other thing I use them for is Legendary events.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I make loadouts of my 5 arena toons and then move them around. Also have a HSTR loadouts for Han solo for chexmix team
  • And see, good on you guys that are making good use of the load outs. I think it's great. I just see it a bit differently. I don't want to have to rethink every time, I want my CLS to have superior mods tailored to what he needs (CD/CC, speed, potency). I just farm alot. Sure I sell 90% of them at 12 but I have great mods as a result of being picky.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    And see, good on you guys that are making good use of the load outs. I think it's great. I just see it a bit differently. I don't want to have to rethink every time, I want my CLS to have superior mods tailored to what he needs (CD/CC, speed, potency). I just farm alot. Sure I sell 90% of them at 12 but I have great mods as a result of being picky.

I make loadouts so I don't have to think every time. It's P1 of hSTR? Cool, I can pull my best mods that fit my Resistance team, run the raid, then put all my mods back, without thinking about any of it.

If I had all those mods on my Resistance all the time, my arena team would suffer, and if I didn't put those mods on my Resistance for the raid, they'd score worse.

Same thing with Legendary events. I'm not keeping my best mods on my Ewoks before or after the event, that wouldn't make any sense.

Not sure how you see it but it doesn't seem optimal to me. Credits are easy to come by after you reach a certain point in the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH