[Mega] 3v3 Grand Arena!

Replies

• 7eyln73j8yvk.jpg

Did anyone run into this trio in GA? Bastila and Hoda give Ahsoka Fulcrum buffs and my opponent had her very speedy and hard hitting. With the GMT assist and Bastila's call to assist I didn't stand a chance.
  • TRanger wrote: »
    And before you accuse me of prior GA....and this isn't always the case..yes it is..all 3, and 4 if you count the one you canceled..has been this way.

First one was two territories with 5-character teams.
    Second one was four territories with 5-character territories.
    Third one was four territories with 5-character teams and one ship node.
    Fourth one is four territories with 3-character teams.

The commonality is that all four have been different from one another. It’s safe to assume that the next one will be different, too.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    It’s safe to assume that the next one will be different, too.

Not really. They can't do a new thing every single time unless they get really silly (only toons with beards can be used!)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just a game..be unfair...whatever!
  • I gotta ask, if my opponent doesn't set any defense, can they still beat me on offense because they can potentially earn more banners than I can? If so, I need to stop setting defenses also...
  • I gotta ask, if my opponent doesn't set any defense, can they still beat me on offense because they can potentially earn more banners than I can? If so, I need to stop setting defenses also...

No
  • TVF wrote: »

Not really. They can't do a new thing every single time unless they get really silly (only toons with beards can be used!)

I'm calling it - this is the next GA rule. Ugnaught's back in the game, boys!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • It was a nice experience but I think the game is richer with 5v5

Oh, for sure, they can't do a new thing EVERY time. But they CAN get really weird with it--especially once you consider that not only can they do an overarching rule (ie: 3v3 everywhere) but they could get really granular and wind up with different rules per territory (ie: Dark side only here, 3v3 mixed with 5v5, etc). Or they could chuck rules all together and have a node where you only get one character, but you get two copies of that character.

They won't do that. That'd be way to crazy unbalanced (Hi, I'm two zeta Kylo Rens, just stay stunned forever) but the point is that, basically, nothing is entirely off the table.
  • It was a nice experience but I think the game is richer with 5v5

Agreed. Synergies matter more in 5 v. 5 more - as does strategy. Just like ships 2.0, when you reduce the number of choices the player has, and the ability to recover from a bad (or unlucky) start, you increase the roll RNG plays in determining the final outcome. With only 3v3, a single dodge, stun or crit can spell the difference between winning and losing a match. I don't find 3v3 nearly as enjoyable due to the decrease of synergy/strategy vs. the increased roll of RNG.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Just finished battling my opponent. Couldn't clear the last squad in a back zone, but got the rest.
    One of the things I learned was, some of the squads I was thinking were going to be hard went down pretty easily. And a couple that I thought would be pretty easy, were much more stubborn than I thought. My take away is that not everything works out like you think it will. Ewoks work better in a squad of 5. Both on offense and defense. Some factions work fine in groups of 3.
  • I feel like Grand Arena is the Superman 64 of Galaxy of Heroes.

It's awful.
    It's painful to play.
    You can slog through it over a week, but you'll hate yourself for it.
  • I know its been said somewhere but why tf does it show 2 defense teams but you can put 3. That is complete ****. I got steam rolled and my opponent has extra teams on def. ****. Double ****.
  • 5v5 +ships = was oustanding. Competitive even if you are at a gear and zeta disadvantage.
    3v3 no ships = complete handicap. Ship gp in the matching was an absolute disaster. 200k gp character advantage is a very big difference, especially when you cant compete with the ship advantage of said 200k gp. Either do not count the ship gp for 3v3 matching, or have a ship sector to be able to compete.
  • 5v5 +ships = was oustanding. Competitive even if you are at a gear and zeta disadvantage.
    3v3 no ships = complete handicap. Ship gp in the matching was an absolute disaster. 200k gp character advantage is a very big difference, especially when you cant compete with the ship advantage of said 200k gp. Either do not count the ship gp for 3v3 matching, or have a ship sector to be able to compete.

Yes, I am agree, ship gp in the matching when we don't use ship in the matching is a disaster when we don't have a ship sector.

But that not the only thing :smile:
    The GP Bracket is not good too.
    200k in 5vs5 can make only 2 team more in player but in 3v3 it's 4 teams more,so see the GP bracket, i am imaging that people have all the same ratio of ship/character (S/C ratio ) lets take 50% better case

*GPC : GP Character
    • <1,250,000 : Player one (P1) at 600,000 GP vs Player two (P2) at 1,200,000 GP => P1 have 300,000 GPC and P2 have 600,000 GPC => advantage about 300,000 GPC by P2 so he could have 6 good team more
    • 1250000<1,749,999 : P1 at 1,300,000 GP vs P2 at 1,700,000 GP => P1 have 650,000 GPC and P2 have 850,000 GPC => advantage about 200,000 GPC by P2 so he could have 4 good team more
    • 1,750,000<2,749,999 : P1 at 1,800,000 GP vs P2 at 2,700,000 GP => P1 have 900,000 GPC and P2 have 1,350;000 GPC => advantage about 450,000 GPC by P2 so he could have 9 good team more
    • 2,750,000<3,999,999 : P1 at 2,800,000 GP vs P2 at 4,000,000 GP => P1 have 1,400,000 GPC and P2 have 2,000;000 GPC => advantage about 600,000 GPC by P2 so he could have 12 good team more

This GP Bracket is a disater with 3vs3 combinate with absence ship battle

So Please, change GP bracket and if you make ship battle use our GPC and not our GP
  • Jevare
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    5v5 +ships = was oustanding. Competitive even if you are at a gear and zeta disadvantage.

Yeah!!! All players said that, but CG just can't think for 2 or 3 steps ahead. My fleet is 50% of my GP.
    Jenjhys wrote: »

This GP Bracket is a disater with 3vs3 combinate with absence ship battle

So Please, change GP bracket and if you make ship battle use our GPC and not our GP

Brackets is ok'ish, cause matchmaking is so accurate, range of our group is 10k GP max. Fleet and prizes is main problem for me
  • I could really have done without a 3v3 matchup on Christmas Day, that’s for sure.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    I could really have done without a 3v3 matchup on Christmas Day, that’s for sure.

I mean... You don't have to do it? I did a couple attacks in bed in the morning, took a couple minutes, now I'm going to do other stuff because this is just a video game and I don't care enough about it over real people.

YES!!! Something like this would be awesome.
  • In all honesty, though (but I’m also being honest that something crazy like beards only would be fun) I kinda liked 3x3. It was different-enough, gave me a chance to experiment (note to self: Vader/Wampa/Zaalbar is kind of useless if they don’t have zetas). Felt kind of dumb in the first round where I set 2/3 defense, but kudos to my opponent for paying better attention than me
  • NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Oh, for sure, they can't do a new thing EVERY time. But they CAN get really weird with it--especially once you consider that not only can they do an overarching rule (ie: 3v3 everywhere) but they could get really granular and wind up with different rules per territory (ie: Dark side only here, 3v3 mixed with 5v5, etc). Or they could chuck rules all together and have a node where you only get one character, but you get two copies of that character.

They won't do that. That'd be way to crazy unbalanced (Hi, I'm two zeta Kylo Rens, just stay stunned forever) but the point is that, basically, nothing is entirely off the table.

The worst part is: there are two zeta Kylo Rens. I DID stay stunned forever.

Well, forever ... was over in about 45 seconds
  • Buddy wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

The worst part is: there are two zeta Kylo Rens. I DID stay stunned forever.

Well, forever ... was over in about 45 seconds

Lolyeah, I forgot about that. And the other zeta Kylo's stun is two turns, no less.
  • r4xrgk45iz3c.png
    Ty for matchmaking. Enemy just on 200K more GP
  • I love it the 3x stronger than anyone in our group is 0-2 because he refuses to play.... and this is a guy who could DESTROY anyone in our group.... i mean easiest win ever

So for all the whiners about ppl not setting D and saying its sore losers who cannot win cheating you outta credits (which is a legit strategy) ..... its also the people who could not lose..... i admire that guys protest !!!! Too bad i got no wins from him lol :(
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Learnt about so many good 3v3 teams o far, Kru+Fox+Kylo, Bast+hoda+Fulcrum... Can't wait to try these out, as for myself:

Zam+Dengar+Bossk served me well, apparently.

• zhtd17 wrote: »
    GA seems fun..
    cg: let's ruin it

Hasn't been fun yet...yet they still keeping ruining it.
  • Perhaps to help figure out new synergies and interesting combos they could create a daily 3v3 arena for us to experiment and strategize for the Grand Arena.
  • Lordih
    62 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It is possible to Win with this tactic jwsj5lr1db45.png
  • Lordih wrote: »
    It is possible to Win with this tactic jwsj5lr1db45.png

Only if you can't clear his front line and he takes out all your squads.