Best JTR squad Arena team now.

There's lots of possibilities out there currently and I thought it would be fun to see what people think might be the strongest new JTR arena team.

I think it's important to get this out there before people have their ideas clenched off since they didn't get popular early on.

So I'll start her off here.
I'm thinking it will be JTR, bb, R2, 3p0, and Chewie. 3p0 likely ends up guarded, and that's probably best. I'd want bb thicker with no tank rather than thinner to get guarded.

Replies

• Does 3P0 need guard? I feel like folks would ignore him because of the stealth and how he escapes, like Yoda.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I feel like any JTR team without RT isn't going that far. And RT being guarded is way more beneficial. I'd probably drop R2.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You guys are not responding to the thread exactly. I wasn't asking for critiques of my squad. Was looking for other's ideas. Though I will respond.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Does 3P0 need guard? I feel like folks would ignore him because of the stealth and how he escapes, like Yoda.

In my opinion the point of guard is who Chewie assists rather than the other benefits so it is most ideal on one of your fastest characters. With 3p0 guarded, his special attack could be an all assist + chewie +1 more resistance member, so a 7 attack attack is pretty nice. Then Chewie can pop those exposes 3p0 drops the same turn too which means 3p0s turn can always do some damage.

TVF wrote: »
    I feel like any JTR team without RT isn't going that far. And RT being guarded is way more beneficial. I'd probably drop R2.

After having run JTR in arena for a year, I feel like any team that needs resistance trooper isn't going to cut it in arena because he's too easy to kill. so there's that.

So what do you guys think is the new best JTR arena squad?
  • Bb8 should definitely get guard, and with c3po maxed, he does. Every time he rolls he triggers an assist from chewie, which can inflict an expose and give tm.

In my opinion the best jtr led team at the moment is bb8, r2, c3po and chewie
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Bb8 should definitely get guard, and with c3po maxed, he does. Every time he rolls he triggers an assist from chewie, which can inflict an expose and give tm.

In my opinion the best jtr led team at the moment is bb8, r2, c3po and chewie

I guess I'd rather make sure he gets smoke screen than guard. I want his counters and healing, which means he needs to be targeted, which means I need him thick. I can see the advantage in him getting guard. I just don't like the idea of running him thin with no tank. Sounds too precarious to me.

Tried giving K2 guard right when Chewie came out. Kind of worked, but it turns out that smoke screen is more important for your taunter/soft taunter IMO.
  • I dont have 3PO but Ran JTR BB Chewie Holdo with BB getting guard. He goes so often that Chewie attacked a lot and it worked well but I switched to scoundrels as I wsnted to be different. With 3PO could replace Holdo.
  • I use traditional JTR squad:
    JTR R2 BB Thrawn GK.

But I saw some variations on arena.

JTR R2 BB Chewie RHan
    JTR R2 BB 3PO Chewie
    JTR R2 BB 3PO Thrawn
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    There's lots of possibilities out there currently and I thought it would be fun to see what people think might be the strongest new JTR arena team.

This is what I responded to.

To be clear, I think any offensive team needs RT. On D I agree, probably a liability.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH