C3P0 Nerf or not??

Replies

• Gannon wrote: »
    I think switching the faction bonuses would be the easiest solution to the loop issue across the board. Galactic republic units equipped with expose on basic attack wouldn't work for the current exploit, right?
    It would still work just fine. The Rebel units aren't that important. You could do it with, say, Fives' double tap.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    As someone who is running Rebels in arena, I would be extremely irritated with this "fix."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anybody who has been playing for awhile knows how this is going to go down. C3po is the shiny new toy,so i doubt they change his kit. Changing raid traya would stop the loop, but wouldn't change the fact that zfinn/c3po can be exploited in arena. That leaves only 1 option. Let's just say i wouldn't zeta finn's lead till they say what their gonna do.
  • Anybody who has been playing for awhile knows how this is going to go down. C3po is the shiny new toy,so i doubt they change his kit. Changing raid traya would stop the loop, but wouldn't change the fact that zfinn/c3po can be exploited in arena. That leaves only 1 option. Let's just say i wouldn't zeta finn's lead till they say what their gonna do.

Is the Finn/Chewie/Han/C3PO combo in arena more OP than most legendaries when they are released? I’d argue it’s weaker, since it doesn’t hold up that well on defense due to poor AI targeting.

Is the Finn/Chewie/Han/C3PO combo in arena more OP than most legendaries when they are released? I’d argue it’s weaker, since it doesn’t hold up that well on defense due to poor AI targeting.

I agree. But I'm already seeing post about traya teams not getting a turn on offense against these teams. I doubt the devs will just let it go. Finn is probably getting a nerf, and it's all you fault lol.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I don’t like the idea of having characters we own being nerfed

C3PO being OP is good for us

zFinn has always been able to beat any team on offense except Revan and now it includes Revan

Team holds poorly on defense

I agree. But I'm already seeing post about traya teams not getting a turn on offense against these teams. I doubt the devs will just let it go. Finn is probably getting a nerf, and it's all you fault lol.

I guess I don’t see it as a problem that they easily beat Traya. Magmatrooper also cruises past Traya and that’s never been a problem. I don’t think you have to worry about Finn getting nerfed though. If they take the approach of nerfing characters who are responsible for loops in the raid then they are going to get grilled when they see who they have to nerf next 😉

I guess I don’t see it as a problem that they easily beat Traya. Magmatrooper also cruises past Traya and that’s never been a problem. I don’t think you have to worry about Finn getting nerfed though. If they take the approach of nerfing characters who are responsible for loops in the raid then they are going to get grilled when they see who they have to nerf next 😉

Any hints as too who this mystery toon is?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    I think switching the faction bonuses would be the easiest solution to the loop issue across the board. Galactic republic units equipped with expose on basic attack wouldn't work for the current exploit, right?
    It would still work just fine. The Rebel units aren't that important. You could do it with, say, Fives' double tap.

All the Galactic repubs multi hits are based on chance or other factors tho, and there's far fewer to make combos with lol
    Either way, I think it'll come back to c3p0 in the end since there's multiple ways of doing it

Any hints as too who this mystery toon is?

You will have to be patient. I’m positive it will be a useful strategy for scoring big in the raid regardless of what they decide to do about this InFinnite Exposure team. Exactly which option they choose may alter the degree of effectiveness though. I’m honestly not sure which I’m hoping for. If it’s too good they will definitely nerf another team. If it’s more Deathstorm territory they might just leave it alone.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

All the Galactic repubs multi hits are based on chance or other factors tho, and there's far fewer to make combos with lol
    Either way, I think it'll come back to c3p0 in the end since there's multiple ways of doing it

You don’t need multiple multi hit toons if you have enough potency. Look at the tank raid. People are autoing it with CLS, BB-8, Finn, Han, and C3PO and it’s more than enough. That’s only 1 multi hit. Replace Han with Fives and CLS with Yoda, give them +100% potency, and auto it. Yeah, mods become more important and maybe not everyone can do it. But you will still have people autoing P3 of the raid, and I don’t think they want that yet. Or maybe ever.
  • You don’t need multiple multi hit toons if you have enough potency. Look at the tank raid. People are autoing it with CLS, BB-8, Finn, Han, and C3PO and it’s more than enough. That’s only 1 multi hit. Replace Han with Fives and CLS with Yoda, give them +100% potency, and auto it. Yeah, mods become more important and maybe not everyone can do it. But you will still have people autoing P3 of the raid, and I don’t think they want that yet. Or maybe ever.
    Or Fives and R2. Number Crunch can help you hit your potency benchmark, and takes advantage of both Rebel and Resistance boons.
    Still not a he.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    I honestly hope they will nerf C3PO, but not for any Sith raid reasons. I faced an Ewok team in my arena today, long time no see, usually cannon fodder. But now they had a G7 C3PO in the team... and they beat the *beeeeep* out of me! I would understand if he'd only be that viable with strong gear, but not this way. Plus, why does he have no synergy with other droids? I was hoping to be able to use him for a droid team in the long run, but he'd be completely wasted there.

Are you serious man? I've read your comment and registered here just to answer you. Have you ever tried to play Ewoks? Or all you need is most easy playing teams like Revan and Traya? I was farming and building my Ewoks team for about 4 month to make them competitive with top 100-200. I farmed mods to get good speed. And I still cannot beat every Palp team. Even if my mods are 6* and Wicket speed is 264. Even if their mods are piece of s..t. And I can tell you that Ewoks were not improved a lot with c3po. Believe me, I know about Ewoks more than you.
  • Fives won't work bcs he is GR not Rebel. 3PO only gives exposes to basic attacks of Rebel and Ewok allies. Put in Ewok Scout instead of BB8 for more TM removal and exposes.
  • GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Fives won't work bcs he is GR not Rebel. 3PO only gives exposes to basic attacks of Rebel and Ewok allies. Put in Ewok Scout instead of BB8 for more TM removal and exposes.
    The suggestion was swapping the exposes over to GR. The counterpoint is that wouldn't help.

And TM removal does not help you. Traya is immune to turn meter removal while toppled.
    Still not a he.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb just test your characters before releasing them and such things won't happen ;)
  • Tbh i really don't care how they fix it or if they do. If they do nothing, I slap a zeta on finn and compete using the loop like everyone else. If that means traya can't keep up in arena (though I've seen little evidence of this. Took 2nd yesterday with traya and have seen few if any 3POs in our top 20) then so be it. I have 3PO and all the characters needed geared up to build pretty much whatever that meta ends up being. The most I'd have to do is zeta finn.

If they fix it by changing traya in the raid, so be it. As long as they don't break it where p3 is impossible then it's business as usual with maybe still needing to zeta finn and adjust my arena team eventually.

If they nerf 3PO or finn to the point that Finn's lead only works as good as it did before then I put my zeta elsewhere and we move on with life. 3PO is still good in a jtr p1 team in hstr and I think there are other haat solo comps with 3PO that don't involve loops. I made it 95% through p2 with jtr lead and 3PO. A littke tweaking and that's a solo or at least a three phase solo team and it doesn't rely on a loop.

So what I'm saying is we will move on from this no matter what they do.

But if they nerf finn to the point that his lead is less useful than before 3PO, thet should definitely refund the zeta for those that have it. And they need to avoid making p3 harder for preexisting teams since there are many guilds still struggling with hstr and they shouldn't be set back even further. I'm in neither of these situations. I don't have a zeta on finn and our guild easily clears hstr in a few hours. So I'm just trying to be objective on those last points.
  • Just make it so that his leadership TM gain mechanic doesn't work with assists. That would basically leave it how it's been since the typical resistance team under a Finn lead hasn't called assists in the past. Same TM gain would occur without the loop that C3p0 creates.
  • BadabumChaCha
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don’t like the idea of having characters we own being nerfed

C3PO being OP is good for us

zFinn has always been able to beat any team on offense except Revan and now it includes Revan

Team holds poorly on defense

9a1tnudtywfa.png

this is the situation after 5 minutes of battle
    it's not "on auto"
    my nest has 333 speed
    my slowest toon has 252
    I never took a turn
    not even a stunned turn
    my tm never reached 100% on any toon
    and someone still claim it should not be touched

...someone does not even know the meaning of... shame 😂

...ah... for the record, before someone start to say shlt
    i'm talking as a player that also have that Finn team and all those toons
  • I agree with BadabumChaCha that changes need to happen as this team can take out Bastila lead Jedi team without Jedis ever taking any turns as well as even Treya teams. This is not arena anymore but mockery.

I just wished that that battle lasted at least 1 minute longer so that you could have won the battle without ever taking single turn.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    How did Chewie get a damage over time debuff?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    How did Chewie get a damage over time debuff?

Nihilus must have took a turn and applied it through his lord of hunger unique.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Always hate it when that happens without a single toon reaching 100% TM ;)
  • About infinite loop on p3 - well, its not infinite, its just very long. I tried Zfinn team at p3, with bb8, potency on all about 90-100%, and I found that Traya is gaining TM actually. First time, after I take 40% of her health, she get up. I restarted, and second run was more successfull, I took all remaining Traya health (56%), but she got a TM 2 times anyway. So, technically, it cannot be called infinite loop, cos Traya getting TM, she just getting it so slow that you can kill her before she will make a turn.
  • I absolutely loathe all this.

CG: "If we see an infinite loop on end game content, we might do something to fix it."
    Nek minnit, Community finds a way to get a decent score in part of the sith raid, sometimes... THAT IS NOT AN INFINITE LOOP.
    Nek minnit, CG: "whoops, we didnt bother testing this at all, and am surprised that people found out how to use a character well within three days, and therefore plan to nerf another character - despite no infinite loop being found by anyone."

Why on earth is it that you as a community accept that this is an infinite loop? Its not. Anyone who thinks it is needs help. Google the definition of an infinite loop.

Whilst we are at it, I'm just bitter that they took away the NS A doubletap. That really helped with Jedi teams.
  • DemonR wrote: »
    I absolutely loathe all this.

CG: "If we see an infinite loop on end game content, we might do something to fix it."
    Nek minnit, Community finds a way to get a decent score in part of the sith raid, sometimes... THAT IS NOT AN INFINITE LOOP.
    Nek minnit, CG: "whoops, we didnt bother testing this at all, and am surprised that people found out how to use a character well within three days, and therefore plan to nerf another character - despite no infinite loop being found by anyone."

Why on earth is it that you as a community accept that this is an infinite loop? Its not. Anyone who thinks it is needs help. Google the definition of an infinite loop.

Whilst we are at it, I'm just bitter that they took away the NS A doubletap. That really helped with Jedi teams.

The issue isn't really the "infinite loop" bit, it's that it enables one person to clear all of Phase 3 with a single team.

CG has stated that they don't want people to be able to cheese "endgame content" like this. The issue is that the raid is nearly a year old, and as a result people are finally finding ways to blow through it. But because they haven't released anything new, they have to pretend it's still "endgame content" and artificially make it harder anytime someone manages to beat it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    DemonR wrote: »
    I absolutely loathe all this.

The issue isn't really the "infinite loop" bit, it's that it enables one person to clear all of Phase 3 with a single team.

CG has stated that they don't want people to be able to cheese "endgame content" like this. The issue is that the raid is nearly a year old, and as a result people are finally finding ways to blow through it. But because they haven't released anything new, they have to pretend it's still "endgame content" and artificially make it harder anytime someone manages to beat it.

Seems like a poor way to run a company.
  • Yeah..... Yeah.... all you posters are crazy.... I’m going to my car get my other toon.... nerf everybodys butt
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    For arena solution use nest on any team to counter c3po finn teams on defence :D problem solved?