New Star Wars Animation Series - Resistance

2Next

Replies

• Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    1pqe1htv759m.jpg

With numbers like that - I'll give it a miss, lol

Is not Clone Wars cartoon removed from the Star Wars universe since Disney? Why is it there?

Those aren't videos from Disney's official channel, they are just related videos

Get it, thanks.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    I don’t think Disney even cares about what the fans want anymore.

Thats probably why they’re bringing back clone wars

TLJ and this garbage resistance show? Solo a Star Wars story? More negatives than positive bud. The Clone Wars coming back is cool but it’s still milking the hell out of something. Let’s get something new and good

I like Solo movie, actually I think it is very good for a spinoff. We can not expect to get all as good as Rogue I. The really bad one for me is The Last Jedi.

Agree Solo was a great movie... people who bash stuff before they see it or blah blah protest this whine that really need to just go away.

The timeslot of this show makes 0 sense tho...NONE.

New planet, new characters...it's kinda what Star Wars needs to get out there in the universe, it's a big place, new aliens new planets, new threats other than stormtroopers and Mega Death Doom Weapons
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    What is really bad is if the show is a hit it will still only run for 4 seasons... Disney has this big thing about Disney shows running 4 or less seasons... Look at their entire lineup of every disney show ever made... EXTREMLY rare to have shows run more than 4 seasons..

I mean if they get a hit show people are watching and advertisers are buying they still cancel it..

A lot has to do with all the kids in their show growing up in real life...but cartoons....MOAR

heck I want more freemakers...more emperor flying around in Naboo Starfighter
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    What is really bad is if the show is a hit it will still only run for 4 seasons... Disney has this big thing about Disney shows running 4 or less seasons... Look at their entire lineup of every disney show ever made... EXTREMLY rare to have shows run more than 4 seasons..

I mean if they get a hit show people are watching and advertisers are buying they still cancel it..

A lot has to do with all the kids in their show growing up in real life...but cartoons....MOAR

heck I want more freemakers...more emperor flying around in Naboo Starfighter

I think there could be a concept of:
    1st season - pilot, meet the protagonists and anti
    2nd season - slow action
    3rd season - turning point and character development level 2
    4th season - changing point, end, decission point and character ability in future
  • I didn't know it was starting already. I'll hopefully catch episode 1 on the DisneyNow app or whatever its called on Roku. I doubt they let the whole season be on there unfortunately.

Still wish they had Rebels on there.
  • I watched the first episode, i'll be watching the next two as well. I personally liked it. Seems like a fun story and fun characters.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    Not for me. The animation just looks low tier compared to TCW and Rebels - this looks like a cheap Saturday morning cartoon, and I don't need to see more of the mess surrounding the ST.

The return of TCW has my attention.

It is not cheap animation, I think it is the same animation and models quality but rendered as cartoon style shadows instead of 3D. And the story can be good, Rebels also started looking as a Saturday cartoon for kids.

It's 3D with flat shading. I agree it looks awful though. It blends together the worst of two worlds xD.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    It's using a cell-shaded animation style where the shadows and midtones are flat shaded but the highlights are shaded, giving it sort of a hybrid 3D/cell look. I'm not a big fan of cell shaded animation, but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, especially with the atmospheric effects and background being non-cell shaded. I remember disliking Rebel's animation style in season one a lot more. Hopefully this storyline doesn't take as long as Rebels to get interesting though.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I wonder what characters they will bring to the show. It would be a nice nod if they have Rose's sister - give her character a little more meaning or something.
  • Finished the first 3 episodes. I like it. Pretty fun show. The main guy Kaz is a bit of a ****, but I guess thats to be expected.
  • Ah! I am so happy to know about this. I used to watch it with my sister. She was the only girl I knew who liked to watch such series and movies. I don’t know what she is watching in today’s time because she is married and away. I did share series by Andy Yeatman with her and she liked it a lot.
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    How is Star Wars Resistance? Haven't seen it yet.
  • They better not mess this one up.....
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Or else.
  • Everyone will be carrying torches and pitchforks.
  • How is Star Wars Resistance? Haven't seen it yet.

I like it. Its geared towards a younger audience but its a fun show. The main character Kaz has quite a few cringe moments but overall its fun and a cool story.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Everyone will be carrying torches and pitchforks.

If you refer to Resistance, I think the show is already messed up.

I am more interested in the Mandalorian and Cassian shows yet to come.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Star wars would make such an amazing anime with the space battles, creatures violence.... one can dream
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Star wars would make such an amazing anime with the space battles, creatures violence.... one can dream

Not sure about the violence aspect to it.

People in favour of this show and TLJ argue "its for kids" but its not. Its for all ages. The people who first fell in love with Star Wars and have been faithful fans since 1977 are at least 40+ years old.

Arguing its just for kids is a big mistake to say. But also is making it too violent that children cannot enjoy it as well.

Because that's what made Star Wars so great - it didn't matter how old you were or what political views you had - it was made to be enjoyed by all. Nowadays...not so much. Very sad.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ok so we are finally making some progress in the show, getting some space battles a few exploding TIE'S...that amazing red interceptor, got an episode with Ace Squadron finally...

Timeline has caught up to the movies... I am quite frankly enjoying the show even when it's at it's slowest.... (it can be slowwww) but man there have been a few episodes that were just outstanding so far.....

just need more Ace Squadron so we can get them in the game as the phoenix of fleets
  • I'm also enjoying this show. I just finished episode 16 a day or two ago.

I also agree its extremely slow at points with about a whole episode not really pushing the story forward much at times, but its enjoyable.