Why do ppl join a guild just for freebies

As the question said why. I have been a guild leader to the same guild i started when guilds began and yet all that seem to join now just want to do nuffin and reap the rewards that the hard workers put in

Replies

• Kick them, eventually you’ll find the players you need
  • That's why you have to put up some rules and regulations, interview the applicants and communicate your guild rules&spirit to them.
  • Serious answer here, not intended to troll the OP.

People like that join guilds because some guilds let them.

Players gravitate towards guilds that match their commitment to the game, but it’s only natural for people to choose an option that will reap greater rewards.

If someone who usually did their 600 (but not always), usually does their TB duties and occasionally attacks in TW had to choose between a 100M GP non-HSTR guild that are relaxed and a 140M GP HSTR guild that are more committed, most will choose the latter. It’s very easy to tell someone you will meet requirements.

And many guilds find it hard to boot those that don’t come up to scratch because they would rather take 500 tickets / day than lose 600 / day for any time.
  • Our guild has 3 officers with alt accounts. If we need to boot someone we just bring in an alt to cover tickets until we recruit. During TB we usually won't boot someone unless they really need it.
  • Because most people that play games like this paradoxically don't actually want to play the game, they just want to collect free stuff that they then won't use.

People are garbage, basically.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    We have 8 officers. Use Discord and Line to chat, google sheets and Discord bots for organizing. We have chats for everything, rules to follow and expectations to achieve. We even have created our own personal rewards for achieving within the guild.
    When we have someone not doing their part we give a few warnings. If they continue they are booted and they know why.
  • Serious answer here, not intended to troll the OP.

People like that join guilds because some guilds let them.

Players gravitate towards guilds that match their commitment to the game, but it’s only natural for people to choose an option that will reap greater rewards.

If someone who usually did their 600 (but not always), usually does their TB duties and occasionally attacks in TW had to choose between a 100M GP non-HSTR guild that are relaxed and a 140M GP HSTR guild that are more committed, most will choose the latter. It’s very easy to tell someone you will meet requirements.

And many guilds find it hard to boot those that don’t come up to scratch because they would rather take 500 tickets / day than lose 600 / day for any time.

Salas is right on this one. A lot of players don’t actually know how much most of us play this game, they feel like their 10 logins a week is top shelf. When they are searching for a guild they will join the highest GP guild that will have them.
    We can underline the 600 every day and participation in TW and TB and try to instruct them on what playing this game really means: grabbing all free energy, JOINing every raid, always getting 600, check shipments after EVERY refresh, build teams and farm characters needed for future events...
    I have seen a lot of casual players (who thought they were hard core) pull up their socks when surrounded by a knowledgeable and supportive guild.
  • I think you need to provide context for "nuffin". Do they just post 0's in raids? Are they not doing all CMs in TB? Are they not playing on offense in TW?

There's varying degrees of participation, and my assumption is that if they're not getting 600 tickets you'd have booted them by now, so they're doing something.

As others have mentioned, it's important to vet people before they join so they understand expectations and you can hash out if they actually participate. Take TW for example, it's not enough just to tell them participation is expected, ask them how many offensive battles they typically do. What are their go-to squads? Did they save squads for specific counters or do they try to attack in all zones. You'll quickly uncover who's bluffing and who actually plays.

Lastly, keep in mind that some people have other commitments. I'm fortunate to have found a guild that doesn't penalize me for not being able to donate any characters to platoons. I simply don't have the time to prioritize the game during working hours. But I do full clears on every CM and SM and never miss them.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I think you need to provide context for "nuffin".

Stop making me hungry.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think you answer your own question. People join and do nothing just to get free stuff. As a guild leader, boot them. At this stage in the game, it seems a merge or dealing with leeches is part of the game. Not sure people are starting new accounts every day anymore.
  • People like that join guilds because some guilds let them.

This. There's no freeloaders in my Guild because we don't allow freeloaders in my Guild.

Simple as that.

• U have to understand most players don’t put time in(collect) so hard for them to contribute if that’s the case other than TB deployment if they even take the time to do that.
  • Just boot inactives/slackers.
    The one thing i wish we had was more officer tools, like weekly raid tickets, i hate you need to check just before reset to know who put zeros or track someones all time tickets.
    Weekly would make it really easy after day 6 see who is near 3600 and who is far away.
    Also 24H review for TB like we have for TW to check who didnt contribute on day 7.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I think you need to provide context for "nuffin".

Stop making me hungry.

Lmfao!
  • We've had a few members that have logged zero lifetime donations yet are always requesting gear. That alone probably isn't room for removal...

You don't think it is? Why not?

I think it is.

• We've had a few members that have logged zero lifetime donations yet are always requesting gear. That alone probably isn't room for removal...

You don't think it is? Why not?

I think it is.

I agree, but they should be spoken to privately first. Give them a chance to change behavior, then boot if they don't.
  • Why do people want something for nothing? That goes way beyond this game....there are a lot of people who want stuff for doing nothing. Just weed them out quickly and replace them.
  • Don’t forget that some people simply aren’t always active because they do live lives that can get busy outside of the game.
  • We have a going to be busy channel on our discord server to let us know if they can't make 600 or TB. Of course habitual misses aren't tolerated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Don’t forget that some people simply aren’t always active because they do live lives that can get busy outside of the game.

Those people are called slackers. :smirk:
  • That is why i love my guild. We understand this is a game to be played when we have free time, this is not a job. :D
  • My guild is tight..... But we don't look down on those that don't donate.... There are enough "rules" in this game.....

Quite frankly, folks that don't donate just don't get donations when they ask..... It's a neutral sum thing.....

Way more interested in raid development and participation.....

• HKFactory wrote: »
    Don’t forget that some people simply aren’t always active because they do live lives that can get busy outside of the game.

There are guile’s for that - and others that expect you to get some battles in when you get home from your 14 hour shift or sim your maxed energy twice a day. Find a guild that accepts your playstyle. Easy. The OP I think is referring to peeps who aren’t meeting guild expectations -the short answer is to remove them, their next guild may be full of slacker George’s and no one will mind.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    KKatarn wrote: »
    That is why i love my guild. We understand this is a game to be played when we have free time, this is not a job. :D

In my experience you need a balance.

A Guild for of those that don't take it that seriously won't achieve much and what they do achieve will do it very slowly.

In my Guild we work hard and are expected to work hard. The rate of achievement and progress for all has been really amazing.

However, of course, we understand that real life takes priority. And when people are busy with things, or have life stuff to attend to then, of course, there is slack cut for them. As long as people keep the Guild notified then that's great.

Otherwise- they're out, because there are always those who want to participate 100% waiting to join. And the participators are what drive, and quicken, progress.
    Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • I agree with alot that has been said. Yeah this is a game and ppl have lives outside it. Im not bothered if u hit 600 or not its being active to attack sith raid or doing your bit in tb or tw
  • Rancor and haat im not bothered about as they are easy to beat