Need some help.

Here is my account: https://swgoh.gg/p/437848298/
1 I want to farm bounty hunters for Chewbacca, I'm not gonna get him this time but I want to be ready for the next time. I already have Boba and IG-88 and I'm farming Jango, but I need 2 more. I was thinking Bossk, he has a good ship too, and Cad Bane, because he's easily farmable. Are these solid choices?
2 I want to farm Jedi for Yoda, I already have him at 5* but I want to promote him. I already have Luminara at 7*, and I'm farming Kanan and Ezra. I also want to go with Qui-Gon Jinn. For the 5th I could go with Barris, JKA, Ahsoka, Old Ben or Jedi Consular. Consular is closest to 7* but he isn't very useful. He does have a ship though. Barris, JKA and Ahsoka are all good characters and all around 20/65 shards. Ahsoka has a ship but is in the same store as Qui-Gon Jinn. I haven't unlocked Old Ben yet so it would take some time, but he is needed for CLS. Who should I farm?
3 I want to have a solid Resistance team. Of course you need Finn, Poe and RT, but for the other I could use RP, R2, BB8 or Rey. I already have Rey and R2 starred up but I might be using R2 in my rebel squad. Which toons should I use?
4 If I don't need BB8, is FO still worth farming? If they are, should I use FO Stormtrooper and FO Officer or should I replace one of them with Kylo Ren unmasked? I already have the first two toons halfway to 6* and Kylo unmasked at only 4* but he seems a lot more useful. If I use him who should I replace?
5 I'm currently farming Baze, DN, FO Stormtrooper and Jango Fett, sometimes Bossk with hard battles. Are they all worth it? Are there any other characters I should farm from hard battles. I'm not interested in Revan right now, I'm already focusing on a lot of characters and ships and I don't want to spread myself too thin.
6 For ships you need 6 LS and 6 DS ships, are Umbaran, Jedi Consular and Poe's X-wing good choices for LS and FO Tie Fighter for DS? I don't really too much about ship arena so I'm fine with just the ships to finish the challenges, and build from there.
7 Is Cassian worth it to farm? I already have Chaze and Jyn and I can farm K-2SO very quickly in the GW store. Rogue One are good and needed for Territory Battles, but they aren't needed for any other event and I also need to farm IG-88, Kanan and maybe some Sith from the squad arena store.
8 I want to make a Sith team too, I already have Vader, EP, Maul and Dookuu and I'm farming DN. I also need Vader and EP for Empire. Should I farm any other Sith, if yes who?
9 Is it really worth it to farm Smugglers for the Smuggling event when I don't have even one smuggler geared or starred up yet, or can I just ignore them?
10 Is a droid team with HK-47 (L) still viable, or should I drop them. I have Jawa Engineer and Sentinel Droid.
I know it's a long post, but thank you for any help.

Replies

• 1) Bossk and Dengar
    2) Whichever are closest to 7*
    3) BB8 and Rey
    4) Yes and get KRU
    5) All worth it
    6) Yes and yes
    7) Yes for ship
    8) If you want a Sith squad, yes
    9) Yes but not high priority
    10) In TW/GA, not in arena

Sounds like you may have too many projects on the go.
  • 1 I want to farm bounty hunters for Chewbacca, I'm not gonna get him this time but I want to be ready for the next time. I already have Boba and IG-88 and I'm farming Jango, but I need 2 more. I was thinking Bossk, he has a good ship too, and Cad Bane, because he's easily farmable. Are these solid choices?

You definitely want Bossk, as he's the only bounty hunter tank, and the later tiers of the Chewie event have you soaking up a truly ridiculous amount of damage. Cad Bane is a fine character, but Dengar would be much more useful, as he is the only way you can usually avoid R2 stealthing the entire enemy team at the start and virtually guaranteeing a loss. Dengar is guild store only, so I'd get started on him ASAP.

2 I want to farm Jedi for Yoda, I already have him at 5* but I want to promote him. I already have Luminara at 7*, and I'm farming Kanan and Ezra. I also want to go with Qui-Gon Jinn. For the 5th I could go with Barris, JKA, Ahsoka, Old Ben or Jedi Consular. Consular is closest to 7* but he isn't very useful. He does have a ship though. Barris, JKA and Ahsoka are all good characters and all around 20/65 shards. Ahsoka has a ship but is in the same store as Qui-Gon Jinn. I haven't unlocked Old Ben yet so it would take some time, but he is needed for CLS. Who should I farm?

Out of the characters you listed I'd probably go with Ezra, Kanan, Barris, Old Ben and then either JKA or Qui-Gon as the 5th. Yoda's event is dumb easy with pretty much any 5 Jedi, and those are the ones you're most likely to continue using later on. Qui-Gon is often decried as being "outdated" but he's still pretty decent. His leadership just doesn't shine like it used to in the face of Bastila and Revan.

3 I want to have a solid Resistance team. Of course you need Finn, Poe and RT, but for the other I could use RP, R2, BB8 or Rey. I already have Rey and R2 starred up but I might be using R2 in my rebel squad. Which toons should I use?

Probably Resistance Pilot, and either BB8 or Rey for the last slot.

4 If I don't need BB8, is FO still worth farming? If they are, should I use FO Stormtrooper and FO Officer or should I replace one of them with Kylo Ren unmasked? I already have the first two toons halfway to 6* and Kylo unmasked at only 4* but he seems a lot more useful. If I use him who should I replace?

First Order gets a bad rap; they're a great faction if you build them properly. The generally agreed upon "best" squad is both Kylos, Officer, Stormtrooper, and Executioner. That said, the real core of the team is Unmasked Kylo, Executioner and Officer; any two others will make a decent team. Unmasked Kylo also has a great ship, which is on the same node as he is.

They can beat just about anything on offense, although they do tend to perform poorly on defense.

5 I'm currently farming Baze, DN, FO Stormtrooper and Jango Fett, sometimes Bossk with hard battles. Are they all worth it? Are there any other characters I should farm from hard battles. I'm not interested in Revan right now, I'm already focusing on a lot of characters and ships and I don't want to spread myself too thin.

All of those characters are worth it, but you might want to focus your farms a bit more. Those are all going to be used for different squads, so even when you finish them all, you still won't have a complete team. If you focus all your efforts on a single squad you'll be able to get it online and clearing content much faster. I'd go for Bossk and Jango, since Jango will also get you Bossk's ship. Do a refresh each day on both, if you have the crystals to spare.

6 For ships you need 6 LS and 6 DS ships, are Umbaran, Jedi Consular and Poe's X-wing good choices for LS and FO Tie Fighter for DS? I don't really too much about ship arena so I'm fine with just the ships to finish the challenges, and build from there.

Jedi Consular's ship is hot trash; its assist call is useful in early fleet missions but it quickly becomes dead weight. The rest are all serviceable.

7 Is Cassian worth it to farm? I already have Chaze and Jyn and I can farm K-2SO very quickly in the GW store. Rogue One are good and needed for Territory Battles, but they aren't needed for any other event and I also need to farm IG-88, Kanan and maybe some Sith from the squad arena store.

I'd get him just because he's very easy to farm and has a good ship. On the ground he's not mind-blowing, but he isn't terrible either.

8 I want to make a Sith team too, I already have Vader, EP, Maul and Dookuu and I'm farming DN. I also need Vader and EP for Empire. Should I farm any other Sith, if yes who?

Darth Sion. You need a tank. Bonus, his hard node will get you Kylo's Shuttle shards.

9 Is it really worth it to farm Smugglers for the Smuggling event when I don't have even one smuggler geared or starred up yet, or can I just ignore them?

I wouldn't call it a super high priority, but the final tier of Smugglers Run has awesome rewards (credits, mods and slicing materials), so it's definitely worth it. Young Han, Qi'ra, L3-37, and Vandor Chewie are all awesome characters in their own right as well.

10 Is a droid team with HK-47 (L) still viable, or should I drop them. I have Jawa Engineer and Sentinel Droid.

It still works fine for the Forest Moon assault battle, which isn't nothing. Probably decent as a TW defense as well. JE and IG-86 are both pretty rubbish though. The ideal droid team is probably HK47, R2, BB8, T3-M4, and L3-37. IG-88 can pull double duty on a droid team as well.

There are rumors based on the change to HK47's in-battle animations that he is slated for a rework as well, though nothing is confirmed.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• 1. BH for Chewie: You -NEEED- Dengar. No 2 ways about it. Bossk makes the event much easier, so he'd be the 2nd choice.
    2. Yoda: I would say Old Ben is first choice. Needed for CLS, makes a good leader in GA and TW.
    3. I would argue you don't need Poe. BB-8 and Rey, RT. RT is amazing, but save him for last, as he isn't necessary for JTR.
    4. FO has a lot of use. KRU is a must, he makes the team.
    5. As the above poster said, you're spreading thin. Maybe focus first on finishing off your BH group. I have a similar problem with focus, and it's really hurting me now in GA.
    6. Consular ship can suck it. The rest are okay.
    7. You need Cassian's ship for Thrawn's capital ship. He uses arena currency, so no harm in 7*'ing him, but I wouldn't drop a ton of gear on him.
    8. /agree, Darth Sion. I'm working him now, wish I'd have done it earlier. He makes the Sith work in the current environment.
    9. Qi'ra is the only smuggler with a lead ability, she's necessary. Vet Han and Chewie get you JTR. That said, stick with your current goals, wait on this.
    10. Droids need work. I wouldn't put much thought into them right now. Maybe if (when) HK gets his rework, it'll be worth reconsidering.
  • Jedi Consular's starfighter may not be end-game A-team material but it is easy to farm while leveling up and can be useful, particularly under Home One which buffs assists. And it can continue to serve on an end-game GA/TW B-team.
  • You got some very good replies to your questions. This is a clean post :smiley:
  • Rezie wrote: »
    You got some very good replies to your questions. This is a clean post :smiley:

Well this one isn't very useful, but yeah, thanks for the tips everybody. I decided most of the things I want to farm, now I only have to figure out in which order...
  • Rezie
    12 posts Member
    Well I came in to see if I could help but they did a better job than I could have.
  • Rezie wrote: »
    Well I came in to see if I could help but they did a better job than I could have.

Nobody's perfect ☺