7* chewbacca

Prev1
I have been trying to unlock 7* chewwy with this team for the past 2 hours. I tend to lose 3 characters before i even take a turn. Is this even possible without dengar? x59rd3vhh9c7.jpeg
o

Replies

• Shaun wrote: »
    I have been trying to unlock 7* chewwy with this team for the past 2 hours. I tend to lose 3 characters before i even take a turn. Is this even possible without dengar? x59rd3vhh9c7.jpeg
    o

Yes. Im repeating what i replied u in the other thread, but basically my ex guildie used the same team as u, but with lower gear and zetas. Might be your mods but this is definitely possible.
  • Live_Nude_Jawas
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    My team is about the same as yours, except I have Dengar instead of IG88. And I've been getting beat the past 2 hours, even with Dengar.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I would say yes. Post your mods. The team should be well modded aswell.

Edit: I mean, at least the speed you have and which set.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • This event is bloody stupid. It’s a rng fest.

I have a g12 bossk lead team with dengar and I still lose 3 toons before I take a god **** turn.

Seriously CG. This isn’t “fun” it’s just annoying.
  • Took me between 15 and 20 attempts to get the right rng with the following team:
    ZBoba(L) g12
    ZBossk g12
    Greedo g12
    Dengar g12
    Zam g11

When Boba gets stunned, restart. If Dengar doesn’t stealth, restart. Thankfully, CG listened and we only have to look at the cinematic sequence only once...

Overall I didn’t like how hard the event was. C3PO was easier, it only took me a few tries to 7* it with a worse Ewok team.
  • I would say yes. Post your mods. The team should be well modded aswell.

Bossk might look a mess but he’s modded for health, the rest are mainly offense oriented zu14b059yznc.jpeg

Bossk might look a mess but he’s modded for health, the rest are mainly offense oriented zu14b059yznc.jpeg

Your bossk, bane and Boba looks nice. If the speed is around 100 or almost I think those should be fine.
    Your IG-88 and Greedo are dying first? They are a bit squishy already, maybe you could try to put fast mods with some health on them so they can soak up some damage and see how it goes.
    And gl, you should be fine.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!

Your bossk, bane and Boba looks nice. If the speed is around 100 or almost I think those should be fine.
    Your IG-88 and Greedo are dying first? They are a bit squishy already, maybe you could try to put fast mods with some health on them so they can soak up some damage and see how it goes.
    And gl, you should be fine.

Yup you got it, i thought maybe greedo was dying first due to his gear level, ill mod some health and speed on them bad bois and keep plugging away.
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Luckily I’m off today so I can spend 3 hours on the couch retreating if R2 uses smoke. Fun event, CG. :/
    Post edited by BrashSchwartz on
    o

Dengar is a must. Otherwise, R2 smoke screens then it’s basically game over.
  • Any tips on this team: https://swgoh.gg/squads/131050/
    p0bh70cigcxc.jpg

My mods aren't great, but I adjusted them for max speed!
    o

Dengar is a must. Otherwise, R2 smoke screens then it’s basically game over.

Then I wish they’d put on the mission requirements “Dengar is a must. Haha.” 😂
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Does r2 not smokescreen if Dengar is on the field? Took me a dozen or so tries without him and he also smokescreened
  • HK666 wrote: »
    Does r2 not smokescreen if Dengar is on the field? Took me a dozen or so tries without him and he also smokescreened
    He tries but Dengar's stealth ability prevents the enemy from stealthing.
  • I finally got a 7* Chewie.
    I had the usual zBossk, Boba, Dengar, Greedo Cad Bane team.
    But I felt no achievement. There was no Woohoo! moment.

Basically I knew the strategy; I had the right team; but nearly every fight I couldn't kill a single person.
    Then maybe every 20 fights or so I killed Chewie but no one else.
    Then after many hours 3? 4? RNG finally let me kill them all without a single loss.

This event was no fun. Even afterwards when you've beaten it, it was so bad that you still hate it so much.

Don't create any more events like this please.

Basically I knew the strategy; I had the right team; but nearly every fight I couldn't kill a single person.
    Then after many hours 3? 4? RNG finally let me kill them all without a single loss.

This event was no fun. Even afterwards when you've beaten it, it was so bad that you still hate it so much.

I felt similar. There really is only one way of winning*, and you basically just chain retreat until you finally get the right start, from which on, its a walk in the park.

*dengar stealthrs, r2 fail smoke screens, bossk taunts + aoes, cad is not stunned, noone dies, dengar calls an assist and its not bossk.

Exactly. I’m fine with challenging and difficult, but this event 100% depends on RNG. CG started the whole RNG dependent thing with the original Thrawn event.
  • Just take out han solo using mass attack aka first special using bossk rest whole turn meter trend breaks as simple as that make sure to take out han solo first and dengar should take initial hits from rebels
  • then once han solo is out use all your detonators and use greedo special tm removal with rng if everything works you will get hold of tm breakage try with rng it will work it out
  • I did it with this squad. Took about 15 attempts to please RNG gods and all of my best mods. zBossk had 280 speed to taunt first and preserve IG and Cad. Killed Han first, then Lando, then Chewie, then the rest.1bdmdl6851jn.jpg
  • Ironkirb1
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I did it with this team, bossk, boba, dengar, freedom, and Sam, in about an hour and a half. It's all about the right bounty hunters and the right rng
    0ren6y51huf9.png
    gk56uy1y0mrc.png
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Took only 5-6 tries with this team:

y4c0rbk9xj78.png

Put arena mods on all of them and my Boba speed was 295. Completely RNG dependent.
  • AN_NUR__tm wrote: »
    I did it with this squad. Took about 15 attempts to please RNG gods and all of my best mods. zBossk had 280 speed to taunt first and preserve IG and Cad. Killed Han first, then Lando, then Chewie, then the rest.1bdmdl6851jn.jpg

Utterly and stupidly ridiculous that it should take you 15 attemps with that team. The RNG for this event is garbage and the "they take three turns before you get to take 1" rubbish is right up there with it on the pile. "But we need to give them 300% turn meter to make it more challenging!" Yeah, no.

The fact I can put 128% tenacity on Bossk and he still gets stunned 3 times in a row is stupid. Just more AI doing whatever it wants. Making people try this event 100 times because they can't even move until the AI has gone 2-3 times is dumb. It isn't challenging or interesting or fun. It's just sitting there pressing retreat 99 times and hoping the 100th is where the RNG lets you win finally.

Especially when others are wiping the 7* level with gear 8-10 in fewer attempts. The broad brush of RNG is too wide. Stop with the dumb 300% TM rubbish.
  • i6zlbd9s5hpu.png
    Used this team. Completed on 2nd attempt. Fastest character was Bossk at 185, speed is overrated. Only lost IG88 before I went. Focused on Chewie he was weakest by the time Hunting Party rolled around. Lando, then Han, Leia, R2 last
  • Update: been doing this for almost 10 hours now and i finaly did it. I had to fiddle with my mods so manny times. Its defo possible without dengar as ive actually managed it. In the end it was speed speed speed. 250 on bossk and 240 on boba. Everything else was fodder. Took han down first and then triggered the contract on lando, by this point without han it was plain sailing. I really didn't enjoy this one bit however. u5gl6vm9cmz6.jpeg

• Whatelse73 wrote: »
    AN_NUR__tm wrote: »
    I did it with this squad. Took about 15 attempts to please RNG gods and all of my best mods. zBossk had 280 speed to taunt first and preserve IG and Cad. Killed Han first, then Lando, then Chewie, then the rest.1bdmdl6851jn.jpg

Utterly and stupidly ridiculous that it should take you 15 attemps with that team. The RNG for this event is garbage and the "they take three turns before you get to take 1" rubbish is right up there with it on the pile. "But we need to give them 300% turn meter to make it more challenging!" Yeah, no.

The fact I can put 128% tenacity on Bossk and he still gets stunned 3 times in a row is stupid. Just more AI doing whatever it wants. Making people try this event 100 times because they can't even move until the AI has gone 2-3 times is dumb. It isn't challenging or interesting or fun. It's just sitting there pressing retreat 99 times and hoping the 100th is where the RNG lets you win finally.

Especially when others are wiping the 7* level with gear 8-10 in fewer attempts. The broad brush of RNG is too wide. Stop with the dumb 300% TM rubbish.

Agree with every word. But this is the reality we live in. I had the same feeling during C-3PO event. Stopped at 6 stars to save my mental health after about 200 attempts. I had 4 G11 and one G10 ewok, but no Logray no party). On a bright side, C-3PO event reminded me that it's just a game. This time I was much calmer.
  • LorDPaiN wrote: »
    Shaun wrote: »
    o

yes i have completed with the same team... Less geared than you

It was just finding the right mod balance in the end
  • Have the same team (all g12 just IG-88 on g11. No chance to beat rebels... My team is dead before a can make one shot... **** ???
  • war22 wrote: »
    Have the same team (all g12 just IG-88 on g11. No chance to beat rebels... My team is dead before a can make one shot... **** ???
    I can post my stats for characters if it helps you out ?