I Hate The Chewie Event

Why? RNG!

Doing the same **** thing over and over again in the hope that I get to take a single turn before being stunned and murdered is not “fun”

This event is terribly designed.

Even with a zeta bossk lead g12 team of boba, greedo, dengar and ig88. I will still have to do this stupid event over 200 times until I can clear it. My bossk is normally stunned and never takes a **** turn like some expensively farmed paperweight

Dengar doesn’t stealth before R2 - start over
Bossk or boba get stunned - start over
Boba ability block doesn’t land - start over.

This is not fun!

Replies

• floppytechie
    125 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    i did the event only with g12 boba and bossk, g11 cad and greedo and g10 dengar. there is no way you cannot win with a full g12 team unless your mods are atrocious or you're messing up the kill order. i did it with only +70 speed mods on everyone, anyone should be able to top that with arena mods
  • i did the event only with g12 boba and bossk, g11 cad and greedo and g10 dengar. there is no way you cannot win with a full g12 team unless your mods are atrocious or you're messing up the kill order. i did it with only +70 speed mods on everyone, anyone should be able to top that with arena mods

How many attempts? My point is not that I can’t but that I don’t want to spend 3hrs waiting for perfect rng

My mods are decent all gold bossk and boba are 6*mods

All toons are well above 200 speed.

I’ve tried boba lead and bossk lead and neither makes much of a difference.

I can get ladino down then I just get murdered
  • Arcmay
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    G12 zzbossk lead, g12 zboba, g11 cad, g11 greedo, g11 dengar.

Kept getting wrecked completely destroyed, then one round just worked beat it without a single death on my side, rng dependent

Take out chewie

Then leia

Keep han and leia stunned or reduce their turn meter so they dont go

Next is Han

Once they're out of the way, you win,

Dont use aoe till chewie is dead, focus him because damage to leia and han reduce chewies cool down and makes you hurt more, my winning round went something like this (good greedo rng helps alot)

Initial attack (cad bane stunned)

Boba, execute on chewie

Bossk, mass attack chewie

Dengar, stun chewie

Greedo, killed chewie

Boba, aoe

Bossk, taunt

Greedo/dengar, thermal

... so on... contract went off after leia died and i probably could have put it on auto from there

Edit: also i cant wait for the mythic tier of this event... :D
  • If you are attacking Lando first you are doing it wrong...I’ll copy my start next post
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It’s all about using the right Mods and Dengar.... (it took 3 attempts)

1k25a8t857ie.jpeg

• Restart if someone other than Boba dies on initial strike.
    • Ideal start = Dengar stealthed to block R2s smokescreen.
    • Potency Crosses & as much Potency as is reasonable to maximise Bobas leadership.
    • Enough CChance on characters that need to Crit to use their abilities.
    • Mod Boba to murder e.g. CD set with CD Triangle (Potency Cross though...)
    • Kill Chewie first
    • Avoid using AOEs
    • If Boba dies he needs to kill someone fast - EXECUTE :)

(Speeds only +70 from mods)
  • I did it today.

G12 Boba (L)
    G12 Bossk
    G10 Cad
    G9 Greedo
    G9 Dengar

I tried just 7 times, and cleared it.

Total Potency was almost 350%+
  • Gibst du jemandem die möglichkeit zu fliegen, dann musst du **** rechnen das er fliegt!
  • Clearly you don’t have decent mods and you need to put your arena mods on them.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    As others have said it before, mods are the key.
    I used zzBosk, Boba, Cad, Dengar, Greedo, all g12 (a bit of overpreparation). My Bossk got stunned, Dengar didn't stealth before R2 and yes, I killed Lando first and still finished the event with all hunters alive on the 3rd attempt (where you can see that RNG was really not on my side.)
    What I had, however, was +75-100 speed on all my BHs, Boba modded for damage and Greedo for crit chance and while the others absorbed damage and Cad stunned Chewy, these two easily took out the other team.
  • As others have said it before, mods are the key.
    I used zzBosk, Boba, Cad, Dengar, Greedo, all g12 (a bit of overpreparation). My Bossk got stunned, Dengar didn't stealth before R2 and yes, I killed Lando first and still finished the event with all hunters alive on the 3rd attempt (where you can see that RNG was really not on my side.)
    What I had, however, was +75-100 speed on all my BHs, Boba modded for damage and Greedo for crit chance and while the others absorbed damage and Cad stunned Chewy, these two easily took out the other team.

So essentially, cad bane is a requirement and ig88 sucks.

I have decent mods. The problem is the ig88 always dies with minimal impact to the fight.

I’m sorry the event is simply too hard and is an RNG fest!
  • Why? RNG!

Doing the same **** thing over and over again in the hope that I get to take a single turn before being stunned and murdered is not “fun”

This event is terribly designed.

Even with a zeta bossk lead g12 team of boba, greedo, dengar and ig88. I will still have to do this stupid event over 200 times until I can clear it. My bossk is normally stunned and never takes a **** turn like some expensively farmed paperweight

Dengar doesn’t stealth before R2 - start over
    Bossk or boba get stunned - start over
    Boba ability block doesn’t land - start over.

This is not fun!

I cleared it in three attempts. First just went poorly, second Dengar didn’t stealth, third was easy. Seriously, check your mods, especially speed. It was easy for my zBossk, Boba, Cad, Dengar, and Greedo (12, 11, 10, 10, 12 respectively). Maybe also evaluate strategies? I don’t doubt you’re an intelligent person, so I hope this isn’t rude. Don’t rush straight in. Plan and attack thoroughly. And good luck. You’ve got two weeks if you want to take a breather and be of a good mind to take him down
  • I did it!!

3rd attempt after switching out ig88 for cad bane.

Seriously though. How the hell is a gear 9 cad bane more useful than a g11 ig88. Ig88 just sucks
  • I also used all defense mods on Bossk and a speed arrow. Everyone was at least 160 speed minus Cad who was just fodder anyway. Hope that helps
  • My team:

Zbossk (L)
    Zboba
    Dengar
    Greedo
    Cad bane

Kill chewie first, then Han. After that it’s easy.

Also get greedo to remove all hans buffs and turn meter.
  • Maybe it's a smaller guild thing and probably is but it can take months to farm a set of characters from G9-12. If Chewbacca is not every bit as overpowered when you get him as he is DURING the battle then this event is a bit unbalanced.
  • I’m using g12+ boba lead, g11 dengar, g11 cad bane, g10 zam and g10 greedo with 395% potency and if I’m lucky I attack twice, execute on chewie and stun with dengar, and after that they die. What rng I’m supposed to look for?
  • My team:

Zbossk (L)
    Zboba
    Dengar
    Greedo
    Cad bane

Kill chewie first, then Han. After that it’s easy.

Also get greedo to remove all hans buffs and turn meter.

I wouldn't suggest Han 2nd unless you can stun him. His counters will eat you up, so with zbossk you should target Leia/Lando to regain some of that initial onslaught health before going for Han, and or when hunting party is ready.
  • Strain_Face
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree with all posts. I’ve tried everything. Screw this inconsistent game man. It’s the Rian Kennedy curse to it.

How can it be that when starting I have all toons alive when I first strike. Next attempt. 3 are killed before I go.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • PS this game is broke
  • Got it w G12 ZBoba, G12 Cad, G12 Dengar, G11 Greedo, and G10.5 IG88

All arena mods, speed, speed, and more speed.
    15-20 attempts, this one Dengar did not stealth. Boba died first and revived.
    Execute R2, stun R2 w Cad
    IG88 dies, Cad gets off detonators and dies, Dengar stuns Chewie.
    Focus on Chewie, then Han, Rolo, Lando, and R2

Barely survived w Boba left but was able to execute ROLO then Lando and to gain protection back.
  • It’s all about using the right Mods and Dengar.... (it took 3 attempts)

1k25a8t857ie.jpeg

• Potency Crosses & as much Potency as is reasonable to maximise Bobas leadership.
    • Kill Chewie first
    • Avoid using AOEs

Bull, I've attempted over the last 4 hours with a better team and better mods and I can't even get close.
  • IceJdog wrote: »
    It’s all about using the right Mods and Dengar.... (it took 3 attempts)

1k25a8t857ie.jpeg

• Kill Chewie first
    • Avoid using AOEs

Bull, I've attempted over the last 4 hours with a better team and better mods and I can't even get close.

Link your swgoh.gg profile - so we can see your mods and help, because this most certainly isn’t “bull”:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/716997717/characters/
  • I found your account....you seem to be relying on speed rather than stacked Potency with a Boba lead. I did it with only +70 speed on most of BHs. Push your Potency much higher (Potency crosses etc). I’d be very surprised if that didn’t make a dramatic difference.
    rz81y6bninzt.jpeg