Chewie Event Difficulty Change

Prev1
I am convinced the difficulty of this event has been upped since the last time it was run. The squad I am using is:

(L) zBossk, G12+
Boba, G12+
Dengar, G11
Cad Bane, G11
IG-88, G11

I have probably tried the event at least 150 times, and have yet to bring down any enemies. I have seen videos of people unlocking 7 star Chewie with much less the last time around, which is why I didn't bother taking the rest to G12 or use any more zetas. I've tried the same strategies I've seen in these videos: aim for Chewie first, restart if Dengar doesn't go stealth, etc. etc.

My only conclusion is the difficulty has been increased, and I also believe the extended run time of the event is because of this. I feel like this is possibly the worst thing Capital Games could have done. I had been really excited since the last event to gear up my bounty hunters and come in and crush the event, but the only thing that has been crushed is my desire to play the game.

Does anyone else feel the difficulty has gone up, or do I just need to play the event ten thousand times to unlock the **** walking carpet?

Replies

• They nerfed bossk, its much much more difficult to get the payout rolling without Dengar in your team. Last run you would be able to get your payout 10x faster than this run
  • tommyboy85 wrote: »
    I am convinced the difficulty of this event has been upped since the last time it was run. The squad I am using is:

(L) zBossk, G12+
    Boba, G12+
    Dengar, G11
    Cad Bane, G11
    IG-88, G11

I have probably tried the event at least 150 times, and have yet to bring down any enemies. I have seen videos of people unlocking 7 star Chewie with much less the last time around, which is why I didn't bother taking the rest to G12 or use any more zetas. I've tried the same strategies I've seen in these videos: aim for Chewie first, restart if Dengar doesn't go stealth, etc. etc.

My only conclusion is the difficulty has been increased, and I also believe the extended run time of the event is because of this. I feel like this is possibly the worst thing Capital Games could have done. I had been really excited since the last event to gear up my bounty hunters and come in and crush the event, but the only thing that has been crushed is my desire to play the game.

Does anyone else feel the difficulty has gone up, or do I just need to play the event ten thousand times to unlock the **** walking carpet?

Also i know this isnt what you want to hear but i wish i had dengar because ive only managed to get 3 toons down so far. By the time i had even dented the team i had 2 toons left. From what i have been told it is possible with your team. However my personal experience is that this event is a RNG fest

• du1pwubx0zn2.jpeg

Use Cad Bane instead of IG88.
    IG88 only triggers Han’s Counterattack including Chewie’s Assist.

Cad Bane’s Stun can help you to make Chewie be quiet.

No zeta needed.
    I gave zeta on Bossk Lead.
    But I use Boba lead w/ tons of potency by mods.

Keep going. Then you’ll get 7-star cuty bear.
  • komji15 wrote: »
    du1pwubx0zn2.jpeg

Use Cad Bane instead of IG88.
    IG88 only triggers Han’s Counterattack including Chewie’s Assist.

Cad Bane’s Stun can help you to make Chewie be quiet.

No zeta needed.
    I gave zeta on Bossk Lead.
    But I use Boba lead w/ tons of potency by mods.

Keep going. Then you’ll get 7-star cuty bear.
    How on earth did you do this
  • I had more G12s than you on the first run of this event, and the Bossk zeta and it still took me more than a hundred runs. I DID end up subbing in Bane for IG, made a big difference despite Bane being undergeared. Dengar was still the one who carried the day though.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I did it after a handful of tries with G8 Dengar. I ended up killing Lando first though to help speed up the contract payout though.
  • I got chewie 7* with zboba(L)g12, zdengar(g11), Zam g10, greebo g11 and cb g11. All down to rng and getting that sweet run.
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9jz0yh/the_absolute_lowest_requirement_for_7_chewie/

Helped me a lot.
  • ys5vha9mpq3b.png
    Update: this weird blue haze wont leave my screen during the event. closed the game re opened. Im done with this for now im going outside to do other things before i smash my phone
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    370 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I try to finish it for 5 hours straight now. Sad fact is you need atleast 4 g12 characters,zeta on bossk lead and boba unique and a bunch of great to awsome mods which is the bare minimum to just start. Than comes the rng which is crap.

No you don't
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9jz0yh/the_absolute_lowest_requirement_for_7_chewie/

https://swgoh.gg/p/463598918/characters/
    Only change is zam who I got 7* and g10 this morning
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Shaun wrote: »
    How on earth did you do this

I was lucky.
    Besides, until the end of the battle,
    my BHs didn’t activate their contract yet.
    (I’m not lying...)
    I didn’t consider the contract.
    Just kept my eye at Chewie and Han.

Mods
    Total Pot.: Over 350% (This make lots of max health to all by boba’s lead)
    Speed:
    —Boba: +120 (Spd Pot)
    —Bossk: +108 (Health Pot Pot)
    —Cad: +104 (Pot CD)
    —Greedo: +94 (Pot CD)
    — Dengar: +88 (Pot Pot Pot)
    All cross mods are 30% Pot(Boba Bossk), or 24%(Rest).

Pure luck I guess.
    I tried only 7 times.

Stunnig Chewie By Cad, Bossk is the key. Use Greedo to Remove Han’s or Chewie’s TM.
    Ignore contract.
    And Greedo.. killed Lando by 1 turn.
    He shot 3 times in a row w/ Crit Hit.

Dengar’s AoE must target Chewie.
    When Chewie gets his turn, all Bombs are exploded, and chewie died...
  • Lose IG88 and run Cad or another. His AOE just gets himself killed. Mods matter too. I went high health and Protection to survive the counters.
  • One thing CG did right is that they removed the mandatory cinematic sequence. It’s easier to restart immediately when something goes wrong.
  • I can’t even get 6* with this crew. Boba has speed of 295 and I can barely get one shot off sometimes. Yeah they amped up the difficulty. 7ni3jj1b9mb0.png
  • I managed to complete the last tier with : Bossk (Leader w/zeta), Boba, Dengar, IG88, and Bane, all gear 11 with average mods focused on speed. I kept hitting Chewie after every restart and eventually got him down with everyone still standing, from there han and rolo were easy. Just took a lot of restarts, probably about 50. I had literally given up, but went back to it and tried a couple more times and finally got it.
  • Definitely a lot of RNG. I had some runs where I only got a couple of attacks, others where I got more attacks but couldn't seem to put much of a dent in Chewie. I did get 7* though with G12 zBossk, G11 Cad and Boba, G10 IG88 (winning run was the first time he survived opening attacks) and G9 Dengar. I would throw a stun on Lando if Chewie was already stunned. Had to shuffle some mods but I had gear for Dengar that I didn't have to use and put it on Chewie instead.
  • Azazel61
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Just done 7* after approx 100 attempts with:

ZBossk g12
    Cad g12
    Boba g11
    IG88 g11
    Greedo g11

Used my arena mods so around 230-250 speed each toon. 80% Tenacity on Bossk.

Kill order in the end was R2 > Lando > Chewie > Han > Leia

Hate the event. Preloaded TM needs to go. The event is not “difficult”, it’s just plain stupid.
  • Shaun wrote: »
    ys5vha9mpq3b.png
    Update: this weird blue haze wont leave my screen during the event. closed the game re opened. Im done with this for now im going outside to do other things before i smash my phone

Exactly this.. Ridiculously hard to play, and even if I could play, the screen is fubar and hurts your eyes.. Any response to this CG?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I try to finish it for 5 hours straight now. Sad fact is you need atleast 4 g12 characters,zeta on bossk lead and boba unique and a bunch of great to awsome mods which is the bare minimum to just start. Than comes the rng which is crap.

Really? How come people complete tge final tier with Boba lead, no Bossk and also a couple of g9 characters on the team? Don't spread false information, please.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I thought false information was the only information here though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Got my 7* Chewie and it was the most miserable experience I’ve had in this game. Not good business
  • This game is fn broke. Makes no GD sense. Creators are driving it further into the ground than the movie franchise. Make this game FUN again!
  • I'm on about 100 attempts now:
    ZBossk GL 11
    Boba GL 12
    Cad GL 11
    Dengar GL 9
    Greedo GL 9

I get crushed. Best run I was just able to remove the protection from Chewie.

https://swgoh.gg/p/337746122/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    It's going to be difficult with two important toons at G9.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I agree with everything Valentyne has said here.
  • tommyboy85 wrote: »

(L) zBossk, G12+
    Boba, G12+
    Dengar, G11
    Cad Bane, G11
    IG-88, G11

That team should be more than capable of taking down chewie. I beat it this morning with the same team, except Greedo for dengar since I don’t have dengar 7*. What are your mods? Also, are you using mass debuffs (like 88’s special or detonators)? If you are, know that you are feeding the entire enemy team turn meter since Rolo is their leader. Maybe try a different strategy.
  • Azazel61 wrote: »
    Just done 7* after approx 100 attempts with:

ZBossk g12
    Cad g12
    Boba g11
    IG88 g11
    Greedo g11

Used my arena mods so around 230-250 speed each toon. 80% Tenacity on Bossk.

Kill order in the end was R2 > Lando > Chewie > Han > Leia

Hate the event. Preloaded TM needs to go. The event is not “difficult”, it’s just plain stupid.

Thanks for this post! I have same team but with zboba g12. Was about to give up but will keep going. Zzbossk is getting shredded - did you find that tenacity mobs actually made him a tank?