Hey !

MprezdNZ
21 posts Member
edited December 2018
Seriously? Me and my flatmate have G12 Boba, Zam, Cad and IG188 with a G11 Dengar on 1 team, and G12 zzBossk, Boba, Dengar, Greedo and IG88 on the other. Neither of us, both with mods, can get even close to finishing T7 of the Chewie event. Yet I see people do it with RNG and 1 or 2 G9/10 characters.

Yes maybe our mods need some work, but full G12 rosters should give us a fighting chance. Most of the time we can't even get rid of Chewie let alone anyone else. There's never been an event that is so ridiculously RNG dependent and where you are so dependent on mods rather than gear

Sort it out. It doesn't feel like Chewie is going to be an actual reward for playing smart. It's going to feel like the stars aligned in some kind of mythical moment to grant me a lucky win. The game should be rewarding people based on a range of factors
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Let me take a wild guess here:

You're using '88's AoE, which feeds massive amounts of TM to the enemy in this event, and shortly after '88 itself dies?

Just a guess. I may be wrong.

Did you mod Boba for max crit. dmg and offense (yes, even on the Boba lead team)? Did you mod Greedo for max crit chance and offence? Do you use potency crosses and at least 1 potency set on the rest under Boba lead?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    As always, if you use a good team composition and a good strategy, RNG seems to work more in your favour.
  • Same here a zBosk, zBoba, IG88, CAD, Zeta Greedo Team all 7 Star, gear 12 - zero chance
  • After months of everyone talking about how 88 is garbage for this event we are still seeing him being used? Might as well go in 4 against 5. Like Waqui said, strategy and team comp. This isn't the first run event anymore. We all knew who to have and also who not to have.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Rydia131 wrote: »
    After months of everyone talking about how 88 is garbage for this event we are still seeing him being used? Might as well go in 4 against 5. Like Waqui said, strategy and team comp. This isn't the first run event anymore. We all knew who to have and also who not to have.

And yet I still did it with IG88 because he was my fifth geared toon and everyone else was G7/G8.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MprezdNZ
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I've been playing this game since Feb 2017 I think and never once complained because the mechanics have never been this jank.

While IG88 isn't the best option, I know plenty of people who have done it with him, and at less than G12, so that shouldn't be an issue. I've also tried subbing in Greedo onto the Boba team and failed. And no, not using IG88's AOE. Most of the time I'm hardly getting any turns.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Another one of these threads? You couldn’t piggy back of one of the others that are just like it?
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    MprezdNZ wrote: »
    I've been playing this game since Feb 2017 I think and never once complained because the mechanics have never been this jank.

While IG88 isn't the best option, I know plenty of people who have done it with him, and at less than G12, so that shouldn't be an issue. I've also tried subbing in Greedo onto the Boba team and failed. And no, not using IG88's AOE. Most of the time I'm hardly getting any turns.

I don't know about the Boba led team, but the Bossk led team should be having no issues. I'm guessing your mods aren't very good, or you aren't using the right strategy. I got 7* with G7 and G9 characters. A couple tips:

Make Bossk your fastest, and Boba slightly behind him. This allows Bossk to use his Taunt, then Boba uses Execute on Chewie, followed by Hunting Party with Bossk. This should leave Chewie dead or very near dead. IG-88 or Cad/Greedo can clean up.

From there, focus Han or Lando, then Leia, and R2 last.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Most of the time I'm hardly getting any turns.

Sounds like you need higher survivability, if your team wipes before you get to take your turns. Did you try modding Bossk for tenacity (another common/general advice)?
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Seriously? Warning me for it? I've been playing this game since Feb 2017 I think and never once complained because the mechanics have never been this jank.

I don't know about the Boba led team, but the Bossk led team should be having no issues. I'm guessing your mods aren't very good, or you aren't using the right strategy. I got 7* with G7 and G9 characters. A couple tips:

Make Bossk your fastest, and Boba slightly behind him. This allows Bossk to use his Taunt, then Boba uses Execute on Chewie, followed by Hunting Party with Bossk. This should leave Chewie dead or very near dead. IG-88 or Cad/Greedo can clean up.

Your Chewie is 5* . We are talking about Tier 7.
  • MprezdNZ wrote: »
    Seriously? Me and my flatmate have G12 Boba, Zam, Cad and IG188 with a G11 Dengar on 1 team, and G12 zzBossk, Boba, Dengar, Greedo and IG88 on the other. Neither of us, both with mods, can get even close to finishing T7 of the Chewie event. Yet I see people do it with RNG and 1 or 2 G9/10 characters.

Yes maybe our mods need some work, but full G12 rosters should give us a fighting chance. Most of the time we can't even get rid of Chewie let alone anyone else. There's never been an event that is so ridiculously RNG dependent and where you are so dependent on mods rather than gear

Sort it out. It doesn't feel like Chewie is going to be an actual reward for playing smart. It's going to feel like the stars aligned in some kind of mythical moment to grant me a lucky win. The game should be rewarding people based on a range of factors

For the 2nd team sub in cad for 88. My g9 cad did better in the event than my g11 88. His stun if used correctly can save you while 88 brings nothing and is extra squishy.

For the first team sub in bossk or greedo for 88. I'm assuming you don't have bossk but greedo would still be better. He can remove tm and focus a string of attacks on chewie if you mod him for crit chance. 88 does nothing for your team and is super squishy.
  • I did it today with G12 Boba, Greedo, Dengar, and Cad, plus G11 Zam. I got blown out on my first attempt, so I swapped mods around to maximize speed. I didn’t take mods off my arena team, but all my other best speed secondaries went to my BHs.

And you know what? It was still a very hard event. RNG was huge—who gets killed, stunned, ability blocked, which debuffs land, etc. I once got it down to just my Dengar vs. the AI’s R2 and lost. When I finally beat it, after 30-40 tries, it was down to my Boba against R2, and I just barely killed him before he could kill me.

So if you are planning to use OG BHs, it can be done, but you have to have patience.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Ryche wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »
    Seriously? Warning me for it? I've been playing this game since Feb 2017 I think and never once complained because the mechanics have never been this jank.

He specifically said he has 7-Star Chewie. SWGOH.gg only updates profiles every so often, remember.
  • Ok just jumping on here in hopes for some feedback... I have Boba(11) zam (11) 88(11) greedo(10) dengar(10) cad(11) I got 6* chewie, cant get 7* I have 2 zetas to spend but want to make sure I use them on the right characters. Can anyone help??
  • Rybo1546 wrote: »
    Ok just jumping on here in hopes for some feedback... I have Boba(11) zam (11) 88(11) greedo(10) dengar(10) cad(11) I got 6* chewie, cant get 7* I have 2 zetas to spend but want to make sure I use them on the right characters. Can anyone help??

Any hope of getting bossk to 7 stars before the event ends? His zeta is the one that makes the most difference.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ryche wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »

Lol. What @FalenXLacer said. I got 7* on both of my accounts with much lower gear than the OP, so it's definitely possible. First try on one account, and about 5 tries on the other:once I zeta'ed Bossk:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/191291/psa-you-dont-need-to-gear-dengar-for-7-strategy-tips#latest
  • Rybo1546 wrote: »
    Ok just jumping on here in hopes for some feedback... I have Boba(11) zam (11) 88(11) greedo(10) dengar(10) cad(11) I got 6* chewie, cant get 7* I have 2 zetas to spend but want to make sure I use them on the right characters. Can anyone help??

I did it without any zetas on an OG BH team, but they were mostly G12. I’d suspect that Boba’s and Dengar’s zetas would be most useful, since they make them less squishy, but the idea of putting a zeta on Dengar makes me queasy. Unresistable stun from Greedo’s zeta could be huge too. Do some research before you commit.

My gut tells me that even two zetas won’t make up for the gear disparity in this case.
  • On the Boba lead team, Greedo is only G7. Will be working on building him up, but he's an expensive gear.

Boba is now G12+ 25k health, 27k prot 238 speed
    Zam g12 26k health, 21k prot 243 speed
    Cad G12 20k health, 49k prot, 165 speed
    Dengar G11 27k health 35k prot 126 speed
    IG88 G12 20k health, 20k prot, 157 speed
    Greedo G7 12k health, 5k prot, 126 speed

I've seen people do it for a lot less is all i'm saying. The RNG factor, IMO, is way higher than in any other event. When you see some of the vids of people doing it going full potency to try and get the health off a Boba lead and my stats are significantly better, it's just a bit of a joke.

• MprezdNZ wrote: »
    On the Boba lead team, Greedo is only G7. Will be working on building him up, but he's an expensive gear.

Boba is now G12+ 25k health, 27k prot 238 speed
    Zam g12 26k health, 21k prot 243 speed
    Cad G12 20k health, 49k prot, 165 speed
    Dengar G11 27k health 35k prot 126 speed
    IG88 G12 20k health, 20k prot, 157 speed
    Greedo G7 12k health, 5k prot, 126 speed

I've seen people do it for a lot less is all i'm saying. The RNG factor, IMO, is way higher than in any other event. When you see some of the vids of people doing it going full potency to try and get the health off a Boba lead and my stats are significantly better, it's just a bit of a joke.

You seem to be pretty close. Just gear Greed and move mods around to boost Cad, Dengar, and Greedo by another 50 speed or so. I’m pretty sure you’ll land Chewie at 7* this time if you stick with it.
  • mrwingtipshoes
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Rybo1546 wrote: »

Zeta Greedo.