Best offensive jedi team under bastila lead

My current jedi team that I use in most events like separatist and anything involving jedi is lead by gear 12 bastila Zeta'd and general kenobi, ezra, GM Yoda and hermit Yoda. I'm thinking about replacing hermit Yoda for an attacker as I feel hermit Yoda is just slowing down my team. He's not 7 star yet or Zeta'd so I am looking for a good replacement. I dont have revan yet either so my choices are kinda limited

Replies

• If you want only attackers, Jedi Knight Anakin or Aayla Secura. If you want another support, Jolee or Hermit Yoda are the best for that slot.
  • Ok. I find that using hermit Yoda can sometimes be a pain since he cant do any damage. Sure he's useful in keeping the team alive but when I lose a whole potential attack turn just to heal a minimal amount of hp and protection even when I dont take enough damage to worry about recovering from it I feel that he just prolongs a battle to the point where I could easily have finished it much faster.
  • Jolee by far. I would say for PVP Jolee is better than Hoda, although Hoda is OP in raids. Id use Jolee as he is another JKR character which you can use of you ever find yourself farming for him.
  • Hermit Yoda is there for the Master's Training. He's great to have on your team on offense while climbing the ladder, although I do prefer to swap him out overnight on defense with Old Ben.
  • HY is the best though.
    If you really want to change him, then I suggest... Anakin, Qui-Gon, Aayla
  • K33p3r_ofthe_C00L
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    zBastila, zEzra, zKanan for GA
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

What the heck is zKanan doing on the best offensive Jedi team?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Best Bastila Jedi Team I’ve found (that can reach Top 20 amongst Revan etc)
    zBastila, zGMY, zJolee, zEzra, zOld Ben.... (NOT GK)
    Reason being:
    1) A Fast Old Ben with ridiculous high Potency shuts down the enemy team and effectively lets you control the fight. By the time Mind Tricks wears off it’s usually a 5v4 or 5v3 fight.
    2) Jolee makes Nightsister matches winable consistently (on attack)
    3) Turn Order you need Jolee 1 speed slower than Bastila....so She uses Rally on GMY, then Ezra and Jolee send him to attack again THEN he spreads the buffs.

Whilst Aayla & JKA do more damage than Old Ben and Jolee it would be folly to switch them in.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ive said it before and Ill say it again: Mind Tricks is in the argument for best single ability in the whole game. If he gets to use it, your chances for winning the match increase drastically.

Its also why if you pair him with a fast Thrawn, its almost OP because he can swap with OB to do it first and its usually GG for the other team.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Ive said it before and Ill say it again: Mind Tricks is in the argument for best single ability in the whole game. If he gets to use it, your chances for winning the match increase drastically.

Its also why if you pair him with a fast Thrawn, its almost OP because he can swap with OB to do it first and its usually GG for the other team.

Is it working consistently against Revan? It can't be considered the best single ability in the whole game if it isn't.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    Ok. I find that using hermit Yoda can sometimes be a pain since he cant do any damage. Sure he's useful in keeping the team alive but when I lose a whole potential attack turn just to heal a minimal amount of hp and protection even when I dont take enough damage to worry about recovering from it I feel that he just prolongs a battle to the point where I could easily have finished it much faster.

Longest sentence I’ve ever read, took my breath away reading it all.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • TVF wrote: »

Is it working consistently against Revan? It can't be considered the best single ability in the whole game if it isn't.

I dont agree that if it doesn't work against one team then it can't be the best. But yeah, it works even if resisted. If every effect is resisted it fills you whole team with 30% TM (Maybe 45%? Not sure if the TM reduction effect can be resisited and counts). Its amazing and completely changes a match if its used. There is a CLS team on my server that runs a double zeta OB and I avoid him because of mind tricks.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

I dont agree that if it doesn't work against one team then it can't be the best.

In a vacuum, sure, but it better work against the meta team to be considered the best ability.

I'll still take my CLS team against Revan because Han goes first no matter what and gets the squad +15% TM. Tough to get the team going first relying on a Thrawn TM swap against the best Revans. Granted I'm sure any CLS team with OB is also running Han, but I'm saying against the meta, Han's opening ability is better than OB's IMO.
    TVF wrote: »

I dont agree that if it doesn't work against one team then it can't be the best.

In a vacuum, sure, but it better work against the meta team to be considered the best ability.

I'll still take my CLS team against Revan because Han goes first no matter what and gets the squad +15% TM. Tough to get the team going first relying on a Thrawn TM swap against the best Revans. Granted I'm sure any CLS team with OB is also running Han, but I'm saying against the meta, Han's opening ability is better than OB's IMO.

Oh I agree about Han. Hes the reason my scoundrels hang where they do. I should switch to CLS as I have the same team you do. I just like running something different. I need to check that other thread to see if you posted your speed though. I'm tempted to switch.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes I posted all my speeds.

EDIT:

CLS 302
    Thrawn 278
    Han 272
    C3PO 268
    Chewie 248
  • Thanks. See it now. I dont have 3P0. Maybe next time.

What the heck is zKanan doing on the best offensive Jedi team?

Oh I'm sorry....
    zBastila, zEzra for GA