Greedo or IG88? And How much gear do I need?

My collection (did a ton of upgrades today so they may not yet be reflected in my profile):
https://swgoh.gg/p/342639299/

I recently started putting my BH gearing into high swing for Chewbacca, but I'm undecided between Greedo and IG88 for my 5th team member. And I'm not sure how much gear I need for my characters not at g12 to be ready for the event.

My team currently consists of:
1. zBossk (lead) at g12+2
2. Boba Fett at g12+3
3. Dengar at g11+4
4. Cad Bane at g11+2

For my 5th member, I could either gear Greedo (currently G7+4) or IG88 (currently G9+5).

The mod loadouts currently on them are temporary loadouts that are not representative of what I'll use for the event, or even in the short term if I use them for anything serious.

So first, should I gear Greedo or IG88? Utility outside of this event is important to me too. Next, how much more gear do my Dengar and Cad Bane need, if any? And how much gear does my 5th member need?

Replies

• Also, would this make a decent HSTR team of some sort and if not, what would I have to change?
  • Def go with greedo, IG is squishy AF and offers no control element. Greedo on the other hand can steal someones TM.

As far as HSTR goes, that current team goes well in p2. Again with Greedo
  • Def go with greedo, IG is squishy AF and offers no control element. Greedo on the other hand can steal someones TM.

As far as HSTR goes, that current team goes well in p2. Again with Greedo

Thanks, Greedo it is, how much more gear do my Dengar, Cad Bane, and Greedo need?
  • Seconded on Greedo. Gear for everyone but Greedo is probably good, or at least I’m banking on it being enough.

I use the same team with Boba lead in p3, the goal being to activate payouts and get Greedo to send off a bunch of chains in a stand alone. Another deathmark character would make it much better...
  • I just started gearing Greedo today, I just want a ballpark of what I need for Chewy and then for HSTR. g9? g10? g11? 12?
  • I'm led to believe he's too squishy at anything below G11 (for 7* Chewie/HSTR)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Letareus wrote: »
    I just started gearing Greedo today, I just want a ballpark of what I need for Chewy and then for HSTR. g9? g10? g11? 12?

HSTR the higher the better... Even at gear 12 you'll need to cleanse the pain off of him so that he doesn't die after a few hits. But that's normal with lots of characters. For the chewie event gear 11 will be than sufficient. You could go lower, but it's just going to make the right RNG that much harder
  • Greedo has become one of my favorite characters - the rare occurrence when he pulls off four or five basics in a row off a counter attack are pure SWGOH gold. In conjunction with "Many Disintegrations", there's nothing more fun than the Shard Shop Roundup even we just had.
  • I’m planning to use following for chewie next time round as only got 6* chewie first time. No cad bane so hoping that’s not a mistake?

Zeta lead bossk G12
    Zeta boba G12
    Dengar G12
    Ig88 G12
    Greedo G11
  • I'm with you Richfxxx, very similar situation as I'm prepping and have: Bossk G11 (almost 12, will be there soon) and still a few shards away from 7*, but will be there this week.
    Then G12 Bobba, G11 for Zam, Greedo and IG88. I never had/got Dengar shards early and now it seems he is hard to farm for F2P/not spending crystals,etc. I'm hoping my BH team is strong enough to get Chewie at 7* as I only got him 5* last time around.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I got 7* with g9 Greedo (g12 Boba, g11 Cad Bane, g10 Zam, g9 Dengar). G10+ will better, though. Load him with plenty of crit chance and hope for a streak of bonus attacks.

Using IG—88's AoE will be suicide, since it will feed tons of TM to the opposing team (as long as ROLO is still alive, which she will be, since '88 is squishy as others oounted out).
  • Yeah, that’s exactly why I ended up swapping Cad in for 88. 88 was a waste. Cad’s special that goes through foresight, stuns and cleanses came in handy.

G12 zBossk, Boba
    G10 Cad, Greedo, Dengar

Slow gearing up to 11 where possible. I had G10 Boba and G8-9 on the others last go round and missed 7* by a hair.

One thing I did that ended up getting me closest was modding relatively heavy for Protection to take advantage of Bossk’s +50%
  • Patrick_LJenkins
    162 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So, question on leadership, Bossk is that much better? I have Boba as lead typically, but have Zetas saved for Bossk if that's what it takes.

My Cad Bane is so far behind my 88, I'll have to see what I can do, as the BH's I have, are so much higher geared than Cad.

Edit: (I know that Bossk is better, but per Ahnald's video, pumping up Potency with Boba lead gave him a better shot for Chewie at higher levels.)
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I never had/got Dengar shards early and now it seems he is hard to farm for F2P/not spending crystals,etc.

I hope I'm wrong for your sake but I've heard that Dengar is mandatory for this event unless you have Jango lead or ridiculously high speed mods. Something about him countering R2's stealth, if I understood correctly.
    Post edited by Letareus on
  • Letareus, I hope that's not the case! Ha ha.
  • This guy is my hope: "I did it with zbossk lead g12, bobba g12, zam and Greedo g11 and Cad g10. I loaded them with health and protection mods and speed secondaries to survive the initial salvo. Then zbossk regen helps on aoe attacks and keeps them going. Need good rng for R2D2 to miss a few stuns" - I guess I'll keep working on Cad instead of Dengar and pray for the RNG Gods to be smiling upon me.

Another person's post: "Bossk(L) G12, Boba G12, Cad Bane G11, Zam G11, IG88 G11. Stun lock Chewie with Cad Bane and kill R2 first"
  • Patrick_LJenkins - although the RNG was very painful, I got a 7-star chewie with what sounds like your proposed team: Zeta bossk (gear 12), boba (gear 12), greedo (gear 11), zam (gear 10), and cad bane (gear 9).

d4kyndktd262.png

As a tip, I found putting crit avoidance arrows on those who are less geared/squishier can really help give one more way to they can better survive the initial onslaught for this particular event.
  • Thanks Bus! I appreciate that, I think I will be able to make it this time around!
  • It seems like the other possible key if you don’t have Dengar available is Zam, probably to power a thermal TM train of sorts with Boba lead.
  • Ugh, I hit G9 with Greedo and these G10 requirements suck. 150 stun cuff salvage and 50 stun gun salvage, in addition to the 100 stun cuff salvage I already spent on to get to G9 (and the 150 I spent recently on Dengar). Then another 50 stun cuff salvage to get to G11. So 200 more stun cuff salvage and a stun gun to get to g11. Then 50 more stun cuff salvage and TWO stun guns if I ever want g12. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • Yeah, it really seems like these BHs are some of the most brutal gears in the game.
  • Ok, so assuming I'm gonna try to make my G12 Bossk Lead (z), G12 Boba, G11 Greedo, G11 Zam and G11 IG88, how best to mod them?
    I have Cad Bane at G9 I think, so might swap him for 88 if the above doesn't pencil out, but I think I should be able to make that squad work to get Chewie at 7*.
  • Letareus wrote: »
    I never had/got Dengar shards early and now it seems he is hard to farm for F2P/not spending crystals,etc.

I hope I'm wrong for your sake but I've heard that Dengar is mandatory for this event unless you have Jango lead or ridiculously high speed mods. Something about him countering R2's stealth, if I understood correctly.

Dengar’s stealth prevents R2’s smokescreen which otherwise makes it impossibly hard. However RNG means that occasionally R2 doesn’t and so that means it is possible without Dengar. If Greedo has ridiculous crit chance - mine was over 90% - and Boba is the lead, that means he will always crit on his basic and have 50% bonus turn chance. Having him hit Chewie multiple times after R2 doesn’t smokescreen is pushing probabilities again but not too much and 7* can be done. Also with Boba lead you can make the team very beefy by going all out on potency.
  • It's confirmed, Chewy for Christmas! So I have about 3 weeks to get 200 stun cuff salvage and 50 stun gun salvage to G11 Greedo. I have 42/200 so far and I just got something else with the stun gun I was building.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    I have a 6* chewie and going for 7* from everything I research it’s ok if your 5th dies off. I have greedo as g8 (two stun cuffs already saved off so I can get him to g9 if need be ) but I don’t plan on taking him to g9 because I find it to be a waste of resources.

I have bossk g12
    boba g12
    Cad g10
    Dengar g9
    Greedo g8

I hope this does it for me with good mods
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I pushed Greedo to G12 as well as Dengar. Boba already was, and now I have Bossk G12 too. Cad is my redheaded stepchild at g10. I think 7* is mine. Did not have Bossk first time around, and got Chewy to 6*. Boba lead with everyone sporting potency is how I modded. I find these guys do real well in tier 6 STR so I feel good about the gear.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • DarthBrewer, are you planning to do Boba lead again this time? Or switch to Bossk? If switching to Bossk, ideas on modding the others?
  • Letareus
    103 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So... the event was cake. So much easier than I thought it would be, since I have a real BH team now. Beat tiers 5, 6, and 7 first try. Didn't swap any mods, so they were my BH's permanent mods (decent, but 3rd rate). zBossk lead g12+3, Boba g12+3, Dengar g11, Cad Bane g11, Greedo g11.

YUDK95n.jpg
    Post edited by Letareus on