I love Chewie event difficulty

This message to balance out the negative threads about Chewie.

I actually liked the difficulty and would like more event like this one. It's so good when you have to tweak to the extreme to have a chance of win, and have numerous tries and retries.
These legendary characters should go to people who were able to tweak and strategely use their roster enough to make it.

Ps: i'm a F2P player and I have been playing for not so long (1 year) and got chewie 7*. So it's doable. For those who didn't: keep focusing on BH and you should get it next time (mods you choose are very important).

Replies

• The thing I start to hate about this is the cutscenes and clicky messages,after 50+ attempts it gets stale and it's a waste of time,and very annoying.
  • I agree about scenes and messages. CG made it better this time because not much scenes compared to previous time.
  • Imewi_Dira wrote: »
    I actually liked the difficulty and would like more event like this one.

We just had one a couple of weeks ago....C3PO's event. There are some basic strategies to use but the entire opening salvo is complete RNG as the characters use different types of attacks and choose to attack different targets. It's more of a grinding event than a "strategy" event.
  • I agree. Had 1 g12, 2 g11, 1 g10 and 1 g8 and got 7star un 15 attempts. Aint complaining.
  • It is what it is. It's a very tough event to win a very good character.

I don't see anything at all wrong with that. We all need something to aim and to work for.

Of course - a lot of people these days think they deserve the best things without working for them.

I actually liked the difficulty and would like more event like this one. It's so good when you have to tweak to the extreme to have a chance of win, and have numerous tries and retries.
    These legendary characters should go to people who were able to tweak and strategely use their roster enough to make it.

Ps: i'm a F2P player and I have been playing for not so long (1 year) and got chewie 7*. So it's doable. For those who didn't: keep focusing on BH and you should get it next time (mods you choose are very important).

This.

Yes there is a lot of RNG, and yes it is difficult. But so many game modes can be put on auto now, I genuinely appreciate things that provide an opportunity for a little more thought and planning (I'm one of those who loves Grand Arena as well).

I'm not going to pretend I didn't get a lucky run for mine. I had pretty average geared BHs except zBossk, and got a lucky roll of the dice on my first run, while I have guildies with 5x G12 characters and are 100+ runs deep who cannot beat it. But the fact is, I'd have run it 200+ times if need be, for the challenge, tweaking and feeling of achievement on completion. I'd even have been ok with not getting him this time (if a little disappointed).

Thank you for the positive post OP. :)
  • Took me something like 15 attempts to get Chewie’s seventh star because I didn’t bother changing mods. I abused the retry button too when the initial salvo left me with no obvious chance to win so it was pretty much over in a matter of 20 minutes. I used the following squad:
    ZBoba(L) g12, zBossk g12, Greedo g12, Dengar g12, Zam g11

Zam was useless but she played the bullet sponge role well enough. Besides Dengar going stealthy, Greedo was my heronof the day as he multi-hit both Chewie and Han. Han’s counterattack killed him but the game was set by then. With Boba, Dengar and Bossk alive, I could eliminate the remaining rebel and claim my reward.
  • Difficulty would be fine. Being entirely luck based is the problem. This event relies entirely on rng and that's the problem. There's very poor design as well. Massive amounts of offense, speed, and preloaded turn meter? Yeah, fair and balanced lol
  • I too am happy with the difficulty level of the event. It's very difficult and requires good modding skills, solid toons, and a strategy to win.
    Judging for all the people complaining that they can't get him, the difficulty is perfect.
  • I too am happy with the difficulty level of the event. It's very difficult and requires good modding skills, solid toons, and a strategy to win.
    Judging for all the people complaining that they can't get him, the difficulty is perfect.

The difficulty is far from perfect.
    It's more difficult than the last time since they nerfed Bossk's leadership ability.
    It's almost impossible without Dengar and yet the the requirements are only "BOUNTY HUNTERS".
    Also Bounty hunters "ambush" Han and Chewie and yet those two have preloaded TM. R2D2 and Chewie can easily stun over 100% tenacity Bossk.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Does the FTC accept praise for events too?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The problem is the fact that when events like this are set up, is that they are entirely TOO rng dependent (in very heavy favor of the AI). Strategy, tactics, character development, and mods play a role of course. But when people have all of those perfected and don't even get a turn because rng is broken..something is wrong. It makes it so these events are more reliant on pure luck rather than player skill.

This is what’s wrong with this game. It’s free to play and he is somehow convinced that people having G12 bounty hunters should have to hope for good rng and try 50 times. The amount of time needed per day to stay competitive is getting out of control
  • JK_47 wrote: »
    Imewi_Dira wrote: »

This is what’s wrong with this game. It’s free to play and he is somehow convinced that people having G12 bounty hunters should have to hope for good rng and try 50 times. The amount of time needed per day to stay competitive is getting out of control

I spent multiple weeks and countless hours trying to finish of thrawn which seems to be a similar situation with rng. Both events have seen players with scrub teams compared to mine unlocking 7 star in far fewer tries. that's where the problem lies. I'm only slightly concerned with their requirements wording. Far more concerned that it's basically up to a roll of the dice if you can get it done. That's not fun or fair
  • I'm on attempt number 500-600 or so by now...can't say that this is fun. If you don't have Dengar you are basically playing with the deck stacked against you. zBossk lead G12, Boba G12, Greedo, Zam and IG88 all G11 and I sometimes barely get a turn. This is an insane task without 1 single character, Dengar.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Same as last time though....minus 500-600 forced cut-scenes.
  • I liked the difficulty of chewie and 3PO well enough. Got them both the 1st time ftp. I'd rather have the rng fest than be locked out because of stars and that's pretty much your choices.

And to answer some complaints. Yes you can bring any 5 bhs/ewoks but sime are better than others. I'm pretty sure if you bought jango, aura, and embo the first time around it takes a lot of the rng out. So you pay to not have rng. Same with the ewoks. The harder to get ones take rng out of it more.

But with proper modding and effort you have the chance to bypass the paywall. Now, I had both bossk and dengar for the first time. I panic farmed bossk like crazy during the double drops and made it. With ewoks I used chirpa, elder, wicket, scout, and g8 teebo. I decided not to try and refresh the store for pabloo and logery since I had so far to go and didn't want to waste the crystals. And I didn't want to waste 200 carbontis getting teebo to g9 from g8. It worked out but probably took more tries because of my choices.

Though in all honesty it only took a few hours for each event. So my suggestion is if you are trying for hpurs on end and never getting a turn, you probably need to remod your team. I had the majority of my tries with 4 or more surviving the opening blows. I had to mod for health and protection to do this though.

So if you are trying for hours and not getting a turn at g12, it's because you're mods need to make them more tanky.
  • I'm on attempt number 500-600 or so by now...can't say that this is fun. If you don't have Dengar you are basically playing with the deck stacked against you. zBossk lead G12, Boba G12, Greedo, Zam and IG88 all G11 and I sometimes barely get a turn. This is an insane task without 1 single character, Dengar.

I'd say 2. Bossk is basically a requirement. I've got dengar and not even sniffing ending the event
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm on attempt number 500-600 or so by now...can't say that this is fun. If you don't have Dengar you are basically playing with the deck stacked against you. zBossk lead G12, Boba G12, Greedo, Zam and IG88 all G11 and I sometimes barely get a turn. This is an insane task without 1 single character, Dengar.

I'd say 2. Bossk is basically a requirement. I've got dengar and not even sniffing ending the event

Lots of people have done with Boba lead.

I've seen people beat it without bossk. But it is an rng fest. It's up to you if it's worth the time or if you'd rather wait and farm bossk

I suggest maybe doing 20 attempts a day and farming bossk. 20 attempts limits your frustration but gives you a shot to get lucky. And even if you unlock chewie farming bossk isn't a waste. His lead is great for bhs in other game modes and he has one of the best ships in the game.

You are basically doing 3 vs 5 here as IG88 is terrible in an event where he dies on impact. Likewise Zam only makes sense on a Boba lead “Thermal team”. Throw in the lack of Dengar....
    HOWEVER - If you look at the teams people have been successful you need 2 out of the Trinity of Bossk, Dengar and Boba (ideally one of these being Dengar). So you should have a chance....
    I’d suggest searching for videos or posts showing how people managed without Dengar.....
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Man I'd love to know if someone did this without Boba. Mostly because who doesn't have Boba?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Man I'd love to know if someone did this without Boba. Mostly because who doesn't have Boba?

I'm actually surprised there isn't a post complaing because someone can't beat it without boba.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I'm actually surprised there isn't a post complaing because someone can't beat it without boba.

I'm surprised there's not a "why can't I use [INSERT NOT A BOUNTY HUNTER HERE] in the event even though I have them at 7*" thread.
  • Great thread! I do enjoy the difficulty of these new events as well and I am F2P. I honestly hope they make Jedi Luke darn near impossible and require more than only five 7* toons to achieve. There is far more joy in earning something that requires effort and strategy. But yes, having to sit through the cut scene so many times is pretty annoying.
  • There is far more joy in earning something that requires effort and strategy. But yes, having to sit through the cut scene so many times is pretty annoying.

Agreed and agreed.

• I agree with the concept to make something challenging. Some legendaries were basically handed out so the dev's needed to fix it going forward but this is over the top. The people that seem to "enjoy" the challenge got there after 15 attempts which means y'all got lucky with some RNG. I get that there are some folks who are going to 7* but if you have all G11's and put all the right potency/crit damage/crit chance mods in you should be able to do it at some point. I'm sitting at 400 attempts already and losing my mind.
  • Tried over 200, or 300 tries with G11 ZBossk, G11, boba, g9 dengar, g8 cad and greedo... Upgraded boosk to g12, maxed protection instead of health because of chewie health based damage attack.... Got it in one shot when I did that lol so many hours sunk and I coulda made it easy for myself..

Also no aoe till you get chewie down because as soon as they resist an effect they get 30%tm under leia