C3P0 Nerf or not??

Replies

• Losers : people invest 4 zetas, ridic amout of gear on aurra team to get 4 mil on p3

Losers : people who investd gear on chex

Losers: people who invest in anything that sacrifices arena rank to get ahead in a raid at the hopes of getting better gear

Winners: people who just get 3po and win arena and all raids !!!!!!

Gogogogogogooggogogogogoogogogogo
    Im being sarcastic but there is some truth to some of it...

I was gonna start a “can i get my aurra zetas back” thread lol
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Gotta add this, I'm a little annoyed that all these FinP0 users were given a grace period to get the first place title in STR. Most ppl don't seem to care much, but I think it's a slap in the face to those that put in the work to get there legitimately. I mean, hitting first in str with one team is pretty ridiculous, considering all the work ppl put into raid teams since it dropped.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Gannon wrote: »
    Gotta add this, I'm a little annoyed that all these FinP0 users were given a grace period to get the first place title in STR. Most ppl don't seem to care much, but I think it's a slap in the face to those that put in the work to get there legitimately. I mean, hitting first in str with one team is pretty ridiculous, considering all the work ppl put into raid teams since it dropped.
    I don't think they are giving it a grace period. They are definitely planning on changing it but don't have the time to do so (2 week off) and wanted to let the community know before everyone invests and then complains like Enfys Nest which makes it look like a grace period
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    I don't think they are giving it a grace period. They are definitely planning on changing it but don't have the time to do so (2 week off) and wanted to let the community know before everyone invests and then complains like Enfys Nest which makes it look like a grace period

Yea I know, but it's just funny cuz how fast they acted when it was zombie, and scaled back from there later.. This time they basically said, we don't have time to fix our mistake yet so just enjoy it while you can.
  • @CG_SBCrumb my suggestion for the C3P0 nerf is very simple, and I'm sure it would offend the least amount of people. Just make it so the special ability "oh my goodness" has the line at the end: "the cooldown on this ability cannot be reduced." That way we don't have to change the raid or an existing zeta that has been great in the past.
  • Jeez, you guys are still at this? There is no endless loop as Traya still gains TM! the "problem" is the low health pool in T7, in the other tiers you cant solo p3 (I got to 10% in T6).
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb my suggestion for the C3P0 nerf is very simple, and I'm sure it would offend the least amount of people. Just make it so the special ability "oh my goodness" has the line at the end: "the cooldown on this ability cannot be reduced." That way we don't have to change the raid or an existing zeta that has been great in the past.

No u will offend the users of finnpo in arena which runs on the same logic.
  • Gannon wrote: »

Errr not in all guilds. And sometimes the guys getting 1st were placing top 3 all along anyway.
    @CG_SBCrumb my suggestion for the C3P0 nerf is very simple, and I'm sure it would offend the least amount of people. Just make it so the special ability "oh my goodness" has the line at the end: "the cooldown on this ability cannot be reduced." That way we don't have to change the raid or an existing zeta that has been great in the past.

No u will offend the users of finnpo in arena which runs on the same logic.

Well I believe that part of their plan is to nerf that as well. The proposed nerf I suggested would accomplish that part as well.
    TVF wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to basically annihilate a character at the start of battle just because their c3p0 was able to outspeed my thrawn.

Revan says hi.

The only difference I see is that Revan can only annihilate specific characters, such as traya and and Nest.

I'm pretty sure Revan can annihilate CUP too. I don't know what you mean by "specific characters such as Traya and Nest."

Ah I see, so you are running CUP in arena? How is that working out for you? I'm talking about arena viable characters obviously. Besides, not only could this infinite loop from 3CP0 wipe out Sion, but any character it gets started on. All that would matter is who's c3p0 is faster. Don't straw-man my argument.

You mean like matches decided by whose nihlus is faster or whose thrawn was faster. Pretty much sounds like business as usual in the arena
    I don't think it's fair to basically annihilate a character at the start of battle just because their c3p0 was able to outspeed my thrawn.

Revan says hi.

The only difference I see is that Revan can only annihilate specific characters, such as traya and and Nest.

I'm pretty sure Revan can annihilate CUP too. I don't know what you mean by "specific characters such as Traya and Nest."

Ah I see, so you are running CUP in arena? How is that working out for you? I'm talking about arena viable characters obviously. Besides, not only could this infinite loop from 3CP0 wipe out Sion, but any character it gets started on. All that would matter is who's c3p0 is faster. Don't straw-man my argument.

You mean like matches decided by whose nihlus is faster or whose thrawn was faster. Pretty much sounds like business as usual in the arena

Actually, I believe the finn 3PO loop is started when raid han double taps with shoots first. So unless they have a raid han, speed matters less other than having enough tm that it fills off the first expose.

So unlike the others, speed doesn't matters as much. But I haven't tried it. O don't have a zeta on finn and I'm waiting to see what they do before investing in one.
  • If Finn gets nerfed I want my zeta back
  • Madlax wrote: »
    Jeez, you guys are still at this? There is no endless loop as Traya still gains TM! the "problem" is the low health pool in T7, in the other tiers you cant solo p3 (I got to 10% in T6).

If your potency is high enough Traya has a near 0% chance of gaining TM. People are only seeing TM gained because their potency isn’t high enough.
  • R2 can mitigate this, and you don't need to change mods. Seen at least two in my guild use r2 and hit over 20% with no tm gained.. They just joined late in the phase or they'd have solo runs
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Maybe it's time to release a new raid instead. As the person above said, tweaking toons to avoid tweaking the raid just has unintended consequences elsewhere. It's been over a year, and the Sith Raid is boring now. Time for something new where the infinite loops now created by new toons doesn't work.

We're probably at the point where ship raids are viable. Battle of Coruscant , release GKs Starfighter (and a battle droid + ship) few weeks before. Prize for the raid is Grevious Capital ship

• Reyalp wrote: »
    Maybe it's time to release a new raid instead. As the person above said, tweaking toons to avoid tweaking the raid just has unintended consequences elsewhere. It's been over a year, and the Sith Raid is boring now. Time for something new where the infinite loops now created by new toons doesn't work.

We're probably at the point where ship raids are viable. Battle of Coruscant , release GKs Starfighter (and a battle droid + ship) few weeks before. Prize for the raid is Grevious Capital ship

I don't think we have enough capital ships or enough ships for you to field more that two or three teams.

Compared to character raids thats not many. Not even one per phase.

Another character raid would be fun though. But for that they need to start adding sim buttons or something to rancor and Haat. 4 raids going at a time could be a huge time sink.

But they could just add mythic tiers to the existing raids. Change the tmr mechanic on rancor, add a mechanic where it gains 1% tm when exposed, add a crap ton more health, and you have a challenging raid that replaces the 10min auto chore. Throw in some g12+ salvage and a new raid character and we're rolling.

I would also think it'd be cool to be able to bring in 6 characters and use two leads in a mythic raid. Would definately change the dynamics of the raid teams. Although they may have to crank up the difficulty even more then but it would be fun.
  • I hope that they won’t nerf anything but their nerfing policy . I ve tried the suggested team in P3 T6 STR and it s absolutely not working with my mods , Traya get all her TM. And T6 STR is ultra boring . Sorry .
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I have to admit that I was annoyed to see guys that normally don't contribute to HSTR shoot to the top while most of us had to grind to get there. They literally posting 500k each phase and then drop 40M in P3.

However, I'm in favor of an adjustment to Traya in the raid rather than nerf the actual toons. Maybe add more tenacity? Whatever the fix, it'd be nice to be able to continue to solo HAAT.
    Madlax wrote: »
    Jeez, you guys are still at this? There is no endless loop as Traya still gains TM! the "problem" is the low health pool in T7, in the other tiers you cant solo p3 (I got to 10% in T6).

If your potency is high enough Traya has a near 0% chance of gaining TM. People are only seeing TM gained because their potency isn’t high enough.

I'm curious how high is enough? I've tried it with everyone at 100% but Han (90%) and can't get it to work.

Use r2 on the line, you won't need to remod anyone. Several in my guild do it that way
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Given that we're seeing some really effective use of C3P0 in the HAAT and HSTR raids, and historically that has tended to end up with EA "fixing" (i.e. nerfing even though chars were doing what the text said!) Characters and their abilities and/or synergies can we please get some confirmation NOW as to whether those who invest in Ewoks and gearing of C3P0 are going to be then hit with a frustrating character nerf?? We don't want to be getting told this AFTER we've all invested in it as if it was some sudden shock to the devs in a couple months time!

UPDATE: Crumb has posted saying that there will be a fix of some sort coming in the new year, his post is here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190450/c-3po-finn-and-phase-3-of-the-sith-raid#latest

P.S. I do find it interesting that to auto a section of a raid is considered to trivialize end game content:
    In Crumb's words, there is a team that does something, and it needs to be fixed, because it:

"allows players to auto Phase 3 of the Sith Triumvirate (Heroic). As we've indicated in previous updates, 'when we discover an infinite loop that allows players to trivialize end game content, we try to act as swiftly as possible.'"

Weird.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I have to admit that I was annoyed to see guys that normally don't contribute to HSTR shoot to the top while most of us had to grind to get there. They literally posting 500k each phase and then drop 40M in P3.

However, I'm in favor of an adjustment to Traya in the raid rather than nerf the actual toons. Maybe add more tenacity? Whatever the fix, it'd be nice to be able to continue to solo HAAT.
    Madlax wrote: »

I'm curious how high is enough? I've tried it with everyone at 100% but Han (90%) and can't get it to work.

Do you have the omega on C3PO that increases potency? Do you use a setup team to reduce Traya’s tenacity when toppled? Your potency should be fine if so. Maybe not max, but close enough you’ll get huge numbers.
    Post edited by Bulldog1205 on
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Losers : people invest 4 zetas, ridic amout of gear on aurra team to get 4 mil on p3

Losers : people who investd gear on chex

Losers: people who invest in anything that sacrifices arena rank to get ahead in a raid at the hopes of getting better gear

Winners: people who just get 3po and win arena and all raids !!!!!!

Gogogogogogooggogogogogoogogogogo
    Im being sarcastic but there is some truth to some of it...

I was gonna start a “can i get my aurra zetas back” thread lol

What do you mean - just get 3po??? Its not that simple! What about have Zetaed Finn first, bb8 first? For getting 7* Chewi you need descent BH team first, and for getting 3po you need descent Ewoks as well! So I see no "just get it" situation, there is a LOT of works needs to make c3po effective team. Why everyone not running such teams, if all you need to do is "just get it"?

Pplz who get c3po did a great job, and this is their reward - high HSTR score, nice arena performance.
  • Our guild runs tier 6 of STR for now. One of our guild mates just solo'd phase 3 for us (for the most part)

fvl94mpm1ekc.jpg

On that note, I hope that C3P0 gets a nerf.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't. He's great in HAAT and Arena too.

Please nerf his ability to solo P3 in HSTR and leave him untouched everywhere else.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think he will be untouched. The easiest thing to do is change Traya in the raid. That phase sucks already though so they can’t make the phase even worse so it’s a fine balance.
  • In addition, changing threepio will just cause a wave of refunds which is not what CG/EA wants.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Awesomite wrote: »
    I think he will be untouched. The easiest thing to do is change Traya in the raid.

Agree. If I'm not mistaken, this is the 3rd loop associated with Phase 3. I believe originally it was ST Han, then Critolyte and now this. Plus we saw a NS nerf. I'd say the real issue is in the raid itself.

Whatever they do, I'd say do it soon.
    Stormtrooper Han loop only worked in phase 4. Unbreakable Will + Bonds of weakness gave you unlimited turns

EDIT: P4 Traya also lacked an AOE
  • Awesomite wrote: »
    I think he will be untouched. The easiest thing to do is change Traya in the raid.

Agree. If I'm not mistaken, this is the 3rd loop associated with Phase 3. I believe originally it was ST Han, then Critolyte and now this. Plus we saw a NS nerf. I'd say the real issue is in the raid itself.

Whatever they do, I'd say do it soon.

Critolyte was a phase 4 team, and it could take out nhilus.