Can Weekly Shipments be good again?

Another week, another loadout of weekly shipments being awful. 1 million credits for 5 Zam shards and 30 bonding pins for 50k ally points....yay....

Seriously the weekly shipments have been deteriorating into more P2P with high crystal costs and offer next to nothing for F2P. What happened to having several slots for credits and ally points? What happened to gear like Stun Guns, Carbantis and shards like Visas? Cmon devs, stop short changing us.

The event overload was very welcome but it was for the holidays. It won’t last like this year round. You touted weekly shipments as something great but now it just flat out stinks.

Replies

• I'd contend the weekly shipments are the most FTP friendly gear out there. One of the key reasons most players probably frivolously spend crystals is the variability of the daily shipment store. Now, you have a static set of gear to choose from, so you can save 150 / 200 crystals a day and acquire a premier piece of gear versus keeping your fingers crossed it pops up in the store.

Secondly, this shop is EXTREMELY valuable to small scale spenders because in both the C3P0 and Chewie legendary events, the gear and shards available were specific to those events. In no other location can you get guaranteed results for the specific gear and shards you need.

I hear you on the lack of shards available at a discount like they did with QGJ and Maul, but let's not overlook how great this store is because we've had 2 cycles of event specific rewards that might not cater exactly to what you're personally trying to develop.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I'd contend the weekly shipments are the most FTP friendly gear out there. One of the key reasons most players probably frivolously spend crystals is the variability of the daily shipment store. Now, you have a static set of gear to choose from, so you can save 150 / 200 crystals a day and acquire a premier piece of gear versus keeping your fingers crossed it pops up in the store.

Secondly, this shop is EXTREMELY valuable to small scale spenders because in both the C3P0 and Chewie legendary events, the gear and shards available were specific to those events. In no other location can you get guaranteed results for the specific gear and shards you need.

I hear you on the lack of shards available at a discount like they did with QGJ and Maul, but let's not overlook how great this store is because we've had 2 cycles of event specific rewards that might not cater exactly to what you're personally trying to develop.

I don't understand this post. The original offerings were good gear for credits. Now it's 5 shards of a toon, a terrible deal on ally points (which is unchanged from the beginning), and a bunch of crystal purchases that (exclusive gear aside) are identical to the rotating daily shipments. This doesn't cater to FTP at all, it just caters to either spenders or panic farming. Which is fine, but lets call it what it is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The weekly shipments is just another gear grab location for sheiks that wanna spend a quick 60k crystals and buy everything it offers.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • The original roll out was 5 shards of a toon as well and I doubt the credits for gear is gone permanently.

Taking into consideration your points, I will amend my statement to "it's more FTP friendly than daily shipments". I stand by my statement that having a goal that is persistent for a week will better motivate people to save crystals for gear they need.

Nothing in the game "caters" to FTP. It's designed to encourage spend. My point is simply that this store is way better designed for FTP than an hourly rotating store.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    The original roll out was 5 shards of a toon as well and I doubt the credits for gear is gone permanently.

Taking into consideration your points, I will amend my statement to "it's more FTP friendly than daily shipments". I stand by my statement that having a goal that is persistent for a week will better motivate people to save crystals for gear they need.

Nothing in the game "caters" to FTP. It's designed to encourage spend. My point is simply that this store is way better designed for FTP than an hourly rotating store.

How is it more F2P friendly when it costs literally the same as daily shipments? Nothing in there is a deal. In fact the salavge available for 325 crystals such as the gold eyeballs, data pads, mk5 thermals and gold medpacs are much more affordable. Most can’t afford to spend 1400 crystals for a fully crafted gold eyeball.

TVF has it right (for once lol), when weekly shipments came out, there was a slot for Carbantis, stun guns, etc for 1mil credits. There were multiple slots for ally points (omegas and shards). There was also a slot for harder to get toons like Visas for 1 million credits. I’m not talking about the great QGJ and Maul slots. Those were always meant to be temporary
  • With the exception of the temporary Maul/QGJ shards, the weekly shipments have been terrible for a while. Only 1 offering for credits... Lame! And it's even a character that rotates in one of the shops, so it's much worse than when Visas shards were offered. I don't know a single person who was fooled into wasting 50k ally points on some mk1 bonding pins either. I don't need another place to spend crystals. I want useful items and I want to buy them with credits, which is what the situation was when this store was unveiled.