This Chewbacca event might finish me off with this game

I got zbossk g12 speed 262, boba g11, zDengar, IG 88, Greedo all with g9 or g10 and I can't even kill off a toon in t7. It's so frustrating. I don't know if they preloaded the TM or just have the speed on them 300 or higher. But I'm ready to quit the game over this

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    G9/G10 is pretty low for this event.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Who's your fifth BH?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I did it with g12 zbossk, g12 fett, and g11 greedo, ig, and cad bane.

so, i didn't have dengar to stop stealth and was still able to pass. Only put my best mods on bossk and boba, and I can get their speeds for you if you want.

you've got two weeks to make adjustments. Seeing as you have Dengar, I'm sure it can be done
  • Why are you using 88? It's not good for this event.

You didn't say anything about your mods or your strategy. Why are you using Bossk as your leader when you could be using Boba?

You just listed the things you have, you didn't tell us how you're using or mis-using them. It takes more than just throwing gear at a problem to get Chewbacca, you have to throw it in the right way. I used the same characters, but Zam instead of 88, and got it after only a couple tries. Long story short: Do better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Since this event last time, people have said it’d be better to have G11+ BHs to be on the safe side in order to pass this event. That was a few months ago, and in that time I brought my team to G11+.

Yeah the event is much harder but legendary events wouldn’t be a challenge if otherwise. I don’t like the pre-loaded turn meter but I think it’s CG’s way of testing to see if you have the BHs upgraded enough.
  • It's freaking ridiculous, I have a guyin my guild that put his arena mods on Bossk 300 speed and he still got wiped out. How fast did they set this speed on those toons. I'm ready to quit playing the game all together because of this
  • Ok goodbye then.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    @NicWester I did it last time with a G11 88 because that's still better than a G8 Cad or G7 Zam lol.
  • In a lot of events, the enemies come with preloaded turn meter
  • DJayK3
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    G12 ZBoba lead, G12 zGreedo, G12 IG88, G12 Dengar and G11 Cad. All with 220+ speed and I got 7* Chewie this time around. Took about 45 minutes, 30-40 attempts plus a prayer or two to the RNG Gods, and I got him.

Make sure you’re checking the strategies outlined in YouTube.

I religiously geared them since the first Chewie event.
  • Bossk isn't the only one that needs speed, Boba and Greedo also REALLY need speed as well. Boba for the ability blocks and Greedo for the TM reduction against Chewie and the detonators. Being able to apply 5 detonators without any counters saved my Bossk with all the hp and prot regain.
  • jfum7bdcewh9.jpeg

Just as an FYI, this event does not come with preloaded TM. Han shoots first then the rest are really fast.
  • In a lot of events, the enemies come with preloaded turn meter
    And yet people are always so surprised when it happens...
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Just as an FYI, this event does not come with preloaded TM. Han shoots first then the rest are really fast.
    Someone pointed out that they gain straight up TM when there are debuffs, which implies that Leia's leader ability is active. Since Han, Chewbacca, and R2 don't have leader abilities, it's safe to assume she's the benefactor.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    In a lot of events, the enemies come with preloaded turn meter
    And yet people are always so surprised when it happens...
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Someone pointed out that they gain straight up TM when there are debuffs, which implies that Leia's leader ability is active. Since Han, Chewbacca, and R2 don't have leader abilities, it's safe to assume she's the benefactor.

I was just pointing out that there is no preloaded TM. I'm not sure how leader abilities come into play. Did I miss something? Or maybe you're pointing out that in addition to being really fast they go even faster once you start debuffing them?
  • Also need health stacked to withstand the first rebel barrages etc...and the second volleys that follow.
  • Since this event last time, people have said it’d be better to have G11+ BHs to be on the safe side in order to pass this event. That was a few months ago, and in that time I brought my team to G11+.

Yeah the event is much harder but legendary events wouldn’t be a challenge if otherwise. I don’t like the pre-loaded turn meter but I think it’s CG’s way of testing to see if you have the BHs upgraded enough.

For a legendary event this is harder than hero journeys, hero journeys you need the toons at 7 star and around g9 why is Chewie so difficult?
  • This is definitely more difficult, they nerfed bossks lead
  • Smidday wrote: »
    This is definitely more difficult, they nerfed bossks lead

And nerfed R2s Combat Analysis. Should even out.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Smidday wrote: »
    Since this event last time, people have said it’d be better to have G11+ BHs to be on the safe side in order to pass this event. That was a few months ago, and in that time I brought my team to G11+.

For a legendary event this is harder than hero journeys, hero journeys you need the toons at 7 star and around g9 why is Chewie so difficult?

Because you've had plenty of time to get the toons to 7* so they've started compensating by upping the gear needed.

Legendary - Gear gate
    Hero - Star gate

sg1-1017_talion-stargate-640x360.jpg
  • This is my BH team, and for the last tier I only get to attack twice, before they get obliterated. Even with 418% potency on all of them and average speed of 153, I'm still not able to do something. Han crits for 35K hits and two shots one of my characters, Chewie is doing 20K hit on white damage plus 7k crits. Everytime, I only get to hit twice, if I'm lucky that is, not having boba stunned and that is execute on chewie and hopefully stun with dengar which never lands. So, what I am doing wrong, cuz right now, this event is driving me crazy?

vv0qk32xn5th.jpg

bqlvbldmba5m.jpg
  • Bossk is a BH I think everyone should have for this event, not saying you can’t do it without him. But you’d be making it much easier on yourself if you have him, and he’s been F2P long enough a lot of people have grinded him to 7 stars + G12.

Boba lead is kind of iffy since it counts on your allies remaining alive long enough to do damage. Your Greedo is too low geared IMO, and Zam isn’t good.. in my opinion. :/
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Zam is ok....but needs a speed set, Zam needs to be really really fast to be useful. Plus needs to be G11+ to survive.
    Greedo with that gear level will be as squishy as IG88. Greedo can really do serious damage but needs to be alive.
    Cad Bane needs CC mods imho.....
    —> You are effectively trying to duo this with Boba and Dengar. Get Greedo up a gear level and re-mod Cad, Zam. Make sure EVERYONE has Potency crosses. Make sure Cad and Greedo have enough CC to use their kit, make sure Zam is fast.
    ker4lyuf05be.jpeg
  • This is my BH team, and for the last tier I only get to attack twice, before they get obliterated. Even with 418% potency on all of them and average speed of 153, I'm still not able to do something. Han crits for 35K hits and two shots one of my characters, Chewie is doing 20K hit on white damage plus 7k crits. Everytime, I only get to hit twice, if I'm lucky that is, not having boba stunned and that is execute on chewie and hopefully stun with dengar which never lands. So, what I am doing wrong, cuz right now, this event is driving me crazy?

vv0qk32xn5th.jpg

bqlvbldmba5m.jpg

Try experimenting with Dengar as leader. I cleared it with Boba lead, but was alternating between Boba, Denga, and Bossk as lead and Dengar was performing best for survivability.

If you can spare a few dollars, invest in Greedo's gear. He's really not viable until G11 minimum because he'll never survive the onslaught.
  • doitltypqwhk.jpg

patience is a virtue. had to retry it 100+ times.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Smidday wrote: »
    Since this event last time, people have said it’d be better to have G11+ BHs to be on the safe side in order to pass this event. That was a few months ago, and in that time I brought my team to G11+.

Because you've had plenty of time to get the toons to 7* so they've started compensating by upping the gear needed.

Unfortunately, we’re dealing with 2 realities:
    1.) The developers and licensees want to make money from new events
    2.) The best way they can do that is to create content aimed at long time players, which gives them a new challenge

Due to these 2 realities, newer players who have not had time to get needed characters to 7* are consistently behind and are likely to fall further behind.
  • A couple of tips.

1. Don't use 88 unless you have no other bhs. He's squishy at g11 and really adds nothing to the team. His aoe just gets him killed. I used my g9 cad rather than g11 88 and did better.
    2. There is more to modding than speed for this event. Yes speed vs no speed is better. But you will not out speed the opening round. I tried arena mods the first go and ended up switching to slower mods with more health, protection, and defense secondaries and defense primaries where possible.

A few exceptions. Mod boba for dmg. With bh resolve there is little risk of losing him so the health/protection isn't needed as much. Especially if his unique is zetaed.

Greedo you want crit chance along with the health/protection. His chain of attacks on crits can be a game changer on taking chewie down.

I did it with g10 zbossk, g12 zzboba, g11 greedo, g11 dengar, and g9 cad and survived the opening salvo probably over half the time.

So if you have g12 bhs that are dying before you get a turn, you need to mod them to be more tanky.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    CLSJedi wrote: »
    It's freaking ridiculous, I have a guyin my guild that put his arena mods on Bossk 300 speed and he still got wiped out. How fast did they set this speed on those toons. I'm ready to quit playing the game all together because of this

Arena mods? With lots of tenacity?
  • I'll add that you need to focus Chewy first, then worry about contract after hes gone. Bossk L, Denger, Greedo, Boba, and Cad Bane. That being said, be prepared for some RNG jesus when you win. PM me if you have any other questions and I will help if I can.
  • I am considering quitting the game over this event. Make it a challenge like thrawn, sure I get it but to make it near impossible. I have not spent a dime since this event first came out and I gave it another chance. I leveled up my bh team and to see it work so badly. It takes any fun out of it. I dont enjoy it any at all and I will be quitting soon. It's a terrible event and takes any pleasure out of playing.
  • DarkMatter wrote: »
    I am considering quitting the game over this event. Make it a challenge like thrawn, sure I get it but to make it near impossible. I have not spent a dime since this event first came out and I gave it another chance. I leveled up my bh team and to see it work so badly. It takes any fun out of it. I dont enjoy it any at all and I will be quitting soon. It's a terrible event and takes any pleasure out of playing.

https://swgoh.gg/p/992859214/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters

Umm...why would you quit? It’s obvious why you can’t do the event you are no way close to being ready! Some mods aren’t even lvl 15. Whilst speed doesn’t need to be ridiculous +17 total on several characters wouldn’t get you through TBattle BHunter missions let alone this!
    Also, if you are not using Bossk then your team needs to be G11+ especially Boba. I only had one G12 character —> Boba and he has 10,000 more protection, 7000 more health, 70 more speed, 800 more offence, 40% more Potency, 20% more CC....

These are not insignificant differences?