What’s the point of..

Lichbane
222 posts Member
edited December 2018
Weekly Shipments?

The way I remember it, it was for your ally currency, but there’s only been one item in the past several shipments. Or one measly character for the ever scarce gold.

Shouldn’t its real name be ‘Crystal Shipments’ or something similar. I just don’t see any real reason for it to exist.
Where are the Stun Guns?

Replies

• More money for you to spend and make developers and EA more money.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    ally currency for everyone

people like me who have excess gold (i rarely drop below 100 mil) can get those 5 overpriced char shards, but since there's so much spare credits it's a drop in a bucket. I'm not the only one with this much $$

overpriced crystal purchases to make that money for cg
  • The icon is a crystal...it reall is mostly a crystal shop - some high end or high quantity purchases in there. I used to be able to spend Credits and ally points there too, but not during the past couple weeks. Fingers crossed for next week.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It’s called weekly shipments because it refreshes weekly. No idea what the issue is with the name.

The selection has gotten worse each time, IMO, but whatever. It’s there if there’s something you want and otherwise you can just ignore it for the rest of the week.

The most valuable part is the 25 shards of relevant characters for the legendary/HJ that is around or coming shortly. If you need to get some shards for crystals to finish up a character farm for an event, it’s nice to know those are there rather than having to worry about whether the shards you need will show up in the rotating crystal shipments (or having to buy gambling packs - yuck).
  • The weekly store is a joke..... it’s just another cash Avenue for CG. When it first came out at least they had a few currency options available. Now it’s basically the CG jewelry outlet
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    It’s called weekly shipments because it refreshes weekly. No idea what the issue is with the name.

The selection has gotten worse each time, IMO, but whatever. It’s there if there’s something you want and otherwise you can just ignore it for the rest of the week.

While this is all true, they invited the complaints by making the store really valuable for f2p the first several weeks and then (with one exception, the GW token weeks) making them just about useless for f2p.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Whale store
  • It's mostly just static crystal purchases for G12 gear and some other commonly needed items - gold eyeballs, mk5 stun guns and the like. The 25-character-shard shipments also seem to offer the required characters for whatever legendary events happen to be coming up, which is kinda nice.

The F2P offerings are pretty meager, but since the weekly store didn't replace anything else, anything it offers is better than what was available before. There's really no reason to have a problem with it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• It's Weekly Whale Shipments with a bone thrown to the poor F2P saps who've built up ally points or have a million credits to spare.

I'm one of the saps, and it's annoying to see all that nice stuff I can't afford, but hey, it's nicknamed "Galaxy of Whales" for a reason.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance