This...this cant be right...

Prev13
Im usually pretty skeptical when it comes to "difficulty increases " but see below

https://swgoh.gg/p/548162693/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters

Im just trying to beat tier 5. TIER FIVE. not 7 not 6 FIVE. I cant defeat a single enemy. So i know for a fact this is a difficulty spike.

No im not using IG88 either.

Key reason why in F2P, good luck everyone else.

Replies

• Make their potency much higher.
    All cross mods = 24% Pot.
    More than 6 Pot. mods sets

That can increase your BHs’ Max Health a lot.
  • Ok first off stop hiding behind the F2P tag. I'm a free player and the proud owner of a shiny gold zBossk. Secondly you have almost 13 days on the event, maybe bring 1 or two of those guys up to G12.

Lastly, its not harder, it's just extremely hard and most people obviously forgot. You need to remember you're trying to do an event, and an extremely hard one, WITHOUT a tank. That's like going to war with only archers, sure you'll dish out some damage but its only a matter of time!

But with that being said this event isnt just hard but it's also extremely RNG. I just cleared 7* with a G12 zBossk/arena mods and I had to restart close to 30 times. Keep trying and work on getting as much potency as you can on those mods while still keeping damage where you can. Its been my experience that you'll win np if you take chewie down and still have 4 remaining squad members, just don't target Han next or his counters will own you. I suggest Chewie followed by the weakest which is usually Leia/Lando, then Han and then R2.

Just keep trying, you'll get it.
  • Ok first off stop hiding behind the F2P tag. I'm a free player and the proud owner of a shiny gold zBossk. Secondly you have almost 13 days on the event, maybe bring 1 or two of those guys up to G12.

Lastly, its not harder, it's just extremely hard and most people obviously forgot. You need to remember you're trying to do an event, and an extremely hard one, WITHOUT a tank. That's like going to war with only archers, sure you'll dish out some damage but its only a matter of time!

But with that being said this event isnt just hard but it's also extremely RNG. I just cleared 7* with a G12 zBossk/arena mods and I had to restart close to 30 times. Keep trying and work on getting as much potency as you can on those mods while still keeping damage where you can. Its been my experience that you'll win np if you take chewie down and still have 4 remaining squad members, just don't target Han next or his counters will own you. I suggest Chewie followed by the weakest which is usually Leia/Lando, then Han and then R2.

I beat tier 4 last time with only 4 BH and the fact that ive raised all of their gear levels and levels and stars proves that its harder.

This is tier 5 im talking about, not tier 4. I will use the F2P tag as i see fit b/c im free to play. What does owning Bossk have to do with this? Its simple with the toons i have this should be a BREEZE at tier 5. But nope its not, proving this event got a difficulty spike just like, Thrawn after Zetas.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Your f2p experience is not universal. So to say the reason you can't do it is because you are f2p is incorrect.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Ok first off stop hiding behind the F2P tag. I'm a free player and the proud owner of a shiny gold zBossk. Secondly you have almost 13 days on the event, maybe bring 1 or two of those guys up to G12.

I beat tier 4 last time with only 4 BH and the fact that ive raised all of their gear levels and levels and stars proves that its harder.

No, no it doesn’t. The number of things people here will claim are “proven” because they “just know it” is truly astounding.
  • I'm f2p and got him first time he appeared. Try harder.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Unlocked him at 5* with lower gear levels, but with bossk

remod and keep trying
  • TVF wrote: »
    Your f2p experience is not universal. So to say the reason you can't do it is because you are f2p is incorrect.

yup, the only thing f2p really prevents you in this game is possibly the latest and greatest meta character / Ship just released.

Chewie, C3p0 etc are all attainable as F2P.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

This is tier 5 im talking about, not tier 4.

Tier 5 is naturally harder than tier 4. What did you expect?

I check your mods on Boba and Greedo, and you have quite a bit of work to do there. I didn't check the rest of you BH, but I assume that their mods are lacking as well. You have 12 more days. Get your mods sorted and try again.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Tier 5 is naturally harder than tier 4.

In fact it's 1 harder!
  • To be fair, the difficulty jump between tiers 4 and 5 is pretty large. The first time this event came around I beat tier 4 with ease and then struggled on tier 5. If the OP never played tier 5 the first time, then I can understand why they might feel as if the difficulty had been increased because I was also surprised when I got to tier 5 at how hard it was. With the exception of C3P0, none of the other legendary events had such a great difference in difficulty between the 4th and 5th tiers.

In fact it's 1 harder!

I went from 4 g8, Bounty hunters beating tier 4.

Boba, Cad, Greedo, and Zam.

Now ive got 6 gear 10+ BH and i can't beat T5? That is the biggest difficulty spike ive ever seen. This isnt tier 7 or even 6. Its 5. Its tier 5. The pace i was going last time the event was here is that if i had Dengar ready, i would have beaten T5 with him at g8, as i was just barely failing at T5 with four BHs.

Deny all you want but this event got a huge difficulty spike just like Thrawn did. Its a slap in the face of players that prepared specifically to the requirements. We all dont take first in arena contrary to what everyone in the forums thinks/says about their rank. Some of use cant burn 500 crystals a day to farm Bossk.

This is like giving a practice test. Then the real test rolls around and surprise, its got extra material on it, that was optional reading"

If youre going to spike the difficulty players deserve a warning, so they can prepare themselves. Youve got people that stopped gearing BHs because according to their "practice test" they were complete. This is just another straw in the bad communication pile.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I like when people quote my jokes.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

In fact it's 1 harder!

1 what?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I like when people quote my jokes.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If youre going to spike the difficulty players deserve a warning, so they can prepare themselves. Youve got people that stopped gearing BHs because according to their "practice test" they were complete. This is just another straw in the bad communication pile.

If you want your claims taken seriously, you should come up with better proof. Comparing the difficulty of the current tier 5 to the difficulty of the previous tier 4 proves nothing at all.
  • The minute I read this post I guessed it would be terrible or absent mods....
    Boba lead = stack Potency —> All of them need Potency crosses, Dengar at least 2 Potency sets, Zam at least one. That’s a MINIMUM!
    Greedo and Cad need sufficient CC to maximise their kits
    Boba needs to be “murder specced” (maximum damage). But he doesn’t get a pass on a Potency Cross.
    All of them need Speed Arrows.

If you have the gear get Boba to G12 and stick a Bayonet on him.
  • Waqui wrote: »

If you want your claims taken seriously, you should come up with better proof. Comparing the difficulty of the current tier 5 to the difficulty of the previous tier 4 proves nothing at all.

It is when you have 5 gear 11 toons that cant beat tier 5.
  • The minute I read this post I guessed it would be terrible or absent mods....
    Boba lead = stack Potency —> All of them need Potency crosses, Dengar at least 2 Potency sets, Zam at least one. That’s a MINIMUM!
    Boba needs to be “murder specced” (maximum damage). But he doesn’t get a pass on a Potency Cross.

Again, why should i need to take Boba to G12 for tier5? Its tier 5.

Never said me being F2P was why i couldn't get him.

I said that these spikes in difficulty, and unpredictability is why im F2P.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The minute I read this post I guessed it would be terrible or absent mods....

Oh dear I assumed you were talking about 7*! I really am not sure how to help you if you haven’t worked out how to beat Chewie at 5* - mainly because it’s relatively trivial compared to 6* :( I started a post asking for advice on how to mod, kill order etc the first time the event came round and I unlocked at 5* with the following team (Note the September date):

n7ixh4ogecid.png

Post edited by Shadowscream on
  • Mods make a massive difference if you're trying to do this without zBossk. Here's what I used last time to unlock him on one F2P account. It's definitely possible with the gear levels you have if you mod correctly (follow the advice on this thread and others, there is a lot of good advice out there).

hk766mhzn6b8.png

It makes sense for Tiers V and VII to be more difficult since the first one allows for the activation of the character and the second one allows for his use in every game mode.

It's been three months since the first run of this event. Everyone has known what's been required to unlock since then. I'm the proud owner of three shiny zBossks across three accounts, all acquired since the last time this event ran. If Chewie was an important step for you and you didn't prepare your roster for it, complaining about the difficulty of the event is a little silly.

Here is a second F2P account that had exactly zero bounty hunters ready for this event in September. I thought it would be hard for me to get Dengar from 0 shards to 330 shards in three months (was right), but just breezed through tier 5 with this crew (and backup mods). It was decidedly easier than the last time I unlocked him on two accounts with a Boba lead.

zsbgxrkruz12.png
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Im usually pretty skeptical when it comes to "difficulty increases " but see below

https://swgoh.gg/p/548162693/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters

Im just trying to beat tier 5. TIER FIVE. not 7 not 6 FIVE. I cant defeat a single enemy. So i know for a fact this is a difficulty spike.

No im not using IG88 either.

Key reason why in F2P, good luck everyone else.

I'm f2p and have him at 6*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

That does not proove in any way, your silly claim that difficulty of tier 5 was increased since last run.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

You don't. Shadowscream didn't claim, that you do. You can choose not to. Just keep in mind that it isn't tier 5 of your average legendary event. It's tier 5 of a legendary event, which is designed to be extremely difficult.

No, it's not. You're not using the right mods if that's the case. If I was able to beat 7* with a G12 Boba, G11 Cad Bane/IG88 and G9 Dengar/Greedo, you can beat 5* with 5 G11 characters. While it may be frustrating, you need to work on your mods if you can't even get the unlock with G11 characters.

Oh dear I assumed you were talking about 7*! I really am not sure how to help you if you haven’t worked out how to beat Chewie at 5* - mainly because it’s relatively trivial compared to 6* :( I started a post asking for advice on how to mod, kill order etc the first time the event came round and I unlocked at 5* with the following team (Note the September date):

n7ixh4ogecid.png

Obviously the difficulty was raised, thanks for the hard proof. That team vs my current team. Mine wipes the floor with it and cant even touch t5 now.
  • Waqui wrote: »

That does not proove in any way, your silly claim that difficulty of tier 5 was increased since last run.

The picture does. That person beat t5 with much less last time but i improve every aspect of that team and cant beat it now?

The picture does. That person beat t5 with much less last time but i improve every aspect of that team and cant beat it now?

MODS
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

MODS

And/or user error.