This...this cant be right...

Replies

• Tiers 1-4 are always super easy to make you feel better. It's not like you get the character for beating them anyway. Personally, I see them as a waste of time. Just start at t5 for the unlock.

I one shotted t1 and t2 with bobas's aoe but that says nothing of the difficulty of later tiers.

If you didn't play tier 5 the first time, you can't say if it's harder or not since you can't even subjectively compare it.

The only known change since tbe last event, is a slight change to bossk's contract. I don't think that would agfect the difficulty since if you get the contract off you are already passed the point of winning. If you go for the weakest first you lose. I didnt get the contract off until after both chewie and han were dead. By then it was clean up.

But that isn't even relevant if you aren't running bossk lead. So there are no known changes. It was hard last time, impossible if you have a poorly modded team. From the posts, I've seen, that seems to still be the case.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    jejuzang wrote: »
    If youre going to spike the difficulty players deserve a warning, so they can prepare themselves. Youve got people that stopped gearing BHs because according to their "practice test" they were complete. This is just another straw in the bad communication pile.

If you want your claims taken seriously, you should come up with better proof. Comparing the difficulty of the current tier 5 to the difficulty of the previous tier 4 proves nothing at all.

It is when you have 5 gear 11 toons that cant beat tier 5.

That does not proove in any way, your silly claim that difficulty of tier 5 was increased since last run.

The picture does. That person beat t5 with much less last time but i improve every aspect of that team and cant beat it now?

MODS

He obviously didn't improve every aspect of that team now did he...
  • I did it tier 5 high potency with ig88 no bossk, zeta on boba, everyone gear 8 only gear 9 boba, not every ability was beyond level 3. And I did it in 3 tries. It can be done with low gear good mods and good RNG.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Mods and persistance 😂
    Also I’m pretty sure it’s CONSIDERABLY easier than last time round.
    This got fixed:
    Character - Crit Damage from Thermal Detonators are incorrectly triggering R2-D2's unique "Combat Analysis”

So....we have it a lot easier this time round!
  • Mods and persistance 😂
    Also I’m pretty sure it’s CONSIDERABLY easier than last time round.
    This got fixed:
    Character - Crit Damage from Thermal Detonators are incorrectly triggering R2-D2's unique "Combat Analysis”

So....we have it a lot easier this time round!

Say what you will but there arent mods that turn a g8 team better than a g11 team with average mods
  • Tiers 1-4 are always super easy to make you feel better. It's not like you get the character for beating them anyway. Personally, I see them as a waste of time. Just start at t5 for the unlock.

I one shotted t1 and t2 with bobas's aoe but that says nothing of the difficulty of later tiers.

If you didn't play tier 5 the first time, you can't say if it's harder or not since you can't even subjectively compare it.

The only known change since tbe last event, is a slight change to bossk's contract. I don't think that would agfect the difficulty since if you get the contract off you are already passed the point of winning. If you go for the weakest first you lose. I didnt get the contract off until after both chewie and han were dead. By then it was clean up.

But that isn't even relevant if you aren't running bossk lead. So there are no known changes. It was hard last time, impossible if you have a poorly modded team. From the posts, I've seen, that seems to still be the case.

I did try tier 5 last time. I got beat just as easily as i am now, which is the problem.

So glad that you all are able to handle this event. This small sample size of what? 20 people that are able to beat it with less than gear, doesnt tilt the scale for the abundance of players that are having issues with this event.

Congrats, youre the 1%
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Tiers 1-4 are always super easy to make you feel better. It's not like you get the character for beating them anyway. Personally, I see them as a waste of time. Just start at t5 for the unlock.

I did try tier 5 last time. I got beat just as easily as i am now, which is the problem.

So glad that you all are able to handle this event. This small sample size of what? 20 people that are able to beat it with less than gear, doesnt tilt the scale for the abundance of players that are having issues with this event.

Congrats, youre the 1%

The abundance of players having difficulty doesn’t mean anything has changed. There was an abundance of players having difficulty last time too. And yet you’re citing a couple of those “1%” who had an easy time last time to try to prove your point........
  • Liath wrote: »
    Tiers 1-4 are always super easy to make you feel better. It's not like you get the character for beating them anyway. Personally, I see them as a waste of time. Just start at t5 for the unlock.

Congrats, youre the 1%

The abundance of players having difficulty doesn’t mean anything has changed. There was an abundance of players having difficulty last time too. And yet you’re citing a couple of those “1%” who had an easy time last time to try to prove your point........

Because it was easier last time....which is my point...sometimes i think people type words with no intent for it to be relevant or make sense.

Congrats, youre the 1%

If you have decently geared and modded bh, t5 isn't that hard. There are plenty of 5 star chewies out there to prove that it isn't impossible.

But bossk is a soft requirement. Yes, you are allowed to enter the event without him and it is possible to beat it without him but zbossk makes the event much easier.

So you have 5 choices.

1. Keep trying until the stars align. You'll need to follow the modding advice that has been posted by others in plenty of places and it'll still be an rng fest without bossk.
    2. Buy better bhs. I'm sure if you bought bossk, jango, embo, and aura or a few of then, it gets less rng dependent. You can find posts about which ones would help the most. Probably jango since he was paywalled when the event first dropped.
    3. Wait until next time and prepare better for next time. Farm bossk and probably jango for next time.
    4. Rage quit.
    5. Keep whining on the forums and do one of the other 4 options.

And a bit of advice, you'll get more help from most of us on the forums if you ask for help rather than whining that cg made it too hard and it isn't fair.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Congrats, youre the 1%

Because it was easier last time....which is my point...sometimes i think people type words with no intent for it to be relevant or make sense.

That....doesn't make any sense lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    If youre going to spike the difficulty players deserve a warning, so they can prepare themselves. Youve got people that stopped gearing BHs because according to their "practice test" they were complete. This is just another straw in the bad communication pile.

If you want your claims taken seriously, you should come up with better proof. Comparing the difficulty of the current tier 5 to the difficulty of the previous tier 4 proves nothing at all.

That does not proove in any way, your silly claim that difficulty of tier 5 was increased since last run.

The picture does. That person beat t5 with much less last time but i improve every aspect of that team and cant beat it now?

MODS

And/or user error.

It has to be that.

I mean, not sure why after the last time he didn’t start working on his Bossk and get rid of IG-88 and toss a Zeta on one of them like some said they had to. But there is no reason he can’t unlock Chewie

Congrats, youre the 1%

If it was easier last time why didn't you get it last time?

Congrats, youre the 1%

I found this reddit thread by searching "swgoh boba lead chewbacca" in Google. I think it could provide a path to victory for your particular case.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9jd0ve/how_to_beat_7_chewie_with_og_bhs_and_g11_and_a/

Side Note:
    I think you will eventually succeed if keep trying and research a bit more, but there's a chance you may have to wait until next event to get him. As others have said, I will also say Bossk (with zeta lead) is a great character to start farming since he makes bounty hunters shine and his ship (which is on the same node as Jango!) is fantastic.

To attest to Bossk's strength, I was able to get 6* Chewbacca with G11 zBossk, G9 Boba, G8 Dengar/Greedo/IG-88.

Proof: https://swgoh.gg/p/338144436/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters

Congrats, youre the 1%

If it was easier last time why didn't you get it last time?

Because i didnt have 5 BHs.

I know it was easier because i was at least able to get a few turns in with 4 g8 BHs but now i cant get two turns with 5 7star g11 BHs
  • Jeric wrote: »

MODS

And/or user error.

It has to be that.

I mean, not sure why after the last time he didn’t start working on his Bossk and get rid of IG-88 and toss a Zeta on one of them like some said they had to. But there is no reason he can’t unlock Chewie

How does one 'drop' IG88? Hes not on my BH team. Hes part of my droid team, geared and leveled for a different purpose. I geared and farmed Zam to 11 and 7 for this event.

Not user error. I cant even get more than 2 turns in without being destroyed. And 2 turns is worth good RNG. Usually in down 3-4 BHs before my first turn

Congrats, youre the 1%

Uh yes it does. If there was an abundance of issues last time, then logically there wouldn't be any this time because people know what to expect. The prepared for this event based on their last experience.

However sense there still are an abundance of issues then logically that must be because the situation/or something changed from what it was before.

That being the difficulty spike.

@TVF thats for you buddy.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Congrats, youre the 1%

Uh yes it does. If there was an abundance of issues last time, then logically there wouldn't be any this time because people know what to expect. The prepared for this event based on their last experience.

However sense there still are an abundance of issues then logically that must be because the situation/or something changed from what it was before.

That being the difficulty spike.

@TVF thats for you buddy.

Just like everybody farmed Dengar and Bossk because they knew what to expect right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 1. The difficulty is exactly the same (it's actually EASIER because of the fix to R2's unique). First-hand experience from multiple accounts trying both this time and last time.

2. If your swgoh.gg account is accurate, mods are CERTAINLY the problem. You have dozens of mods with 10+ speed on them, and only ONE equipped on your Bounty Hunters. You don't even have mods on two of your characters.

3. Both of my accounts are F2P, and I got 7* on both. F2P (especially with 2.5M GP) players didn't have a chance the first time around, but really have no excuse this time around (except, of course "WAH! Difficulty MUST'VE increased because I don't want to move mods or plan better!)
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Got 6* with this.

https://swgoh.gg/p/194192395/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters

Re-modded quite a bit to just keep them alive (used Dengar and IG-88 not Zam). IG-88 is fine, just don't use AOE. Same 5 and 6. Dengar stops R2 stealthing people then kill Chewie (two shots) Han same, rest pretty much one, especially if Greedo not dead. Chewie and Han are not hard to kill once you have enough alive to get the chance. It is RNG and not chucking your phone at a wall (which takes probably more effort than getting the BH "sufficiently" ok).

• Rhunne wrote: »
    Your bhs need a ton of work, mods wise. You are modded all wrong if you are running boba lead, hell you are modded all wrong in general.

Point of fact, yes teir 5 can be done with 5 star g11+ bhs quite easily. Your bhs may be 7* but the doesn't reflect the level.

You think 5* is bad, just wait until 6 and 7... I'm sure we will see you repost then.

As said before

MODS MODS MODS. You have no mods (when I viewed it) on greedo or zam and terrible mods on ig88...

Oh and being combative when people mention things, or disprove your theory that it's harder, etc... Will only make people ridicule you more.

You want advice, take what is being said and try it... Or don't... And if you can't, don't post on the forums.

Take it easy. They asked for advice.....
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    Your bhs need a ton of work, mods wise. You are modded all wrong if you are running boba lead, hell you are modded all wrong in general.

Point of fact, yes teir 5 can be done with 5 star g11+ bhs quite easily. Your bhs may be 7* but the doesn't reflect the level.

You think 5* is bad, just wait until 6 and 7... I'm sure we will see you repost then.

As said before

MODS MODS MODS. You have no mods (when I viewed it) on greedo or zam and terrible mods on ig88...

Oh and being combative when people mention things, or disprove your theory that it's harder, etc... Will only make people ridicule you more.

You want advice, take what is being said and try it... Or don't... And if you can't, don't post on the forums.

I never asked for advice. Did you ev3b read my post or are you just one of those members of the community that is inherently toxic.

Im guessing the latter. Have a nice day dont @ me
  • Mods and RNG.

I have 5* Chewie with a G9 Boba (lead) & Zam, G8 Bossk, Greedo and Cad. Not really modded for too much potency (200% total between all five). Speeds are not arena grade, but between +60-80 on each.

Not getting 5* Chewie with way more gear is indicative of really poor modding or really poor RNG.
    Rhunne wrote: »

As said before

I never asked for advice. Did you ev3b read my post or are you just one of those members of the community that is inherently toxic.

So you just came here to **** and spread misinformation to annoy people? Is that it then? You certainly don't have any basis for saying it's harder, you certainly don't seem to give a **** about the event or even trying to get Chewy, so why are you here?
  • Srolo wrote: »

As said before

So you just came here to **** and spread misinformation to annoy people? Is that it then? You certainly don't have any basis for saying it's harder, you certainly don't seem to give a **** about the event or even trying to get Chewy, so why are you here?

He is ironically one of those members of the community that is inherently toxic that he was referring to lol.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    On my phone unlocked with Embo lead, Bossk, Boba, Cad Bane, and Dangar. Total GP 69K. No zetas, but plenty of omegas and Embo/Bossk have 3rd tier payouts. (first try and many still had protection left)

My cpu unlocked with almost 20K power less using Boba lead, Bossk, Dengar, Bane, Greedo. 210% potency combined, wasn't too tough after adding the potency mods.

Edit: 5 star unlock only. Only have 3 6 star or more BH on my phone, less on my CPU.
  • @jejuzang
    See the thread in this forum showing an unlock with 5* BHs and total squad power of under 50k. Admittedly the guy had the ideal lineup.....but I think the fix to Combat Analysis must have helped.
    The event is tricky but with the right Hunters, mods and strat then 5* unlock really isn’t that hard.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Srolo wrote: »

As said before

I came to complain about the event being harder than last time. Pretty sure that's clear in the initial post. Not everything needs you to fix it. Sometimes people just express how they feel. I understand this may be a foreign concept to you as some people think they have to fix everything.

In reality all you have to do is keep living your life and scroll along friend. Again, please have a nice day.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Srolo wrote: »

As said before

He is ironically one of those members of the community that is inherently toxic that he was referring to lol.

Nope just to express my disgust with not being able to cruise through t5 with my BHs as they are.

You dont have to agree, or even like it. But its not toxic to post what you think. Isnt that what these are for?

I mean really...anything thats posted here is opinions. Ever since bugs were moved to another site that's 90% of what's posted.

The problem is that people here take that opportunity to jump on whoever is posting and be extremely negative instead of just scrolling along.

I appreciate the advice jut i never asked for it nor did i need it. I easily unlocked chewy at 6 stars which was the goal until i unlock Bossk. All it took was moving my arena mods from my Bastilla team over. The complaint is having to do that.

In my opinion i shouldn't need to do that with a g11 7* BH team for tier 5. If you dont agree thats great. Didnt think i needed to explain common sense in a post.