Yet another help post...

First - sorry for another such thread, but I couldn’t find anything specifically for my case...

So, I have G12 zBossk (lead zeta), G12 Boba, G12 Cad, G11 zGreedo and G11 IG-88. I have no Zam, no Dengar or any other BH, so that team is my only one.

I was quite sure that I can get 7* Chewie with them, and despite extensive remodding yesterday I mange to kill one enemy toon (usually R2), and get another to half health in my best of tries.

So my question is: am I missing something mod-wise (I really suck at modding and rely on Crouching rancor, which isn’t ideal, I know) and is there a way to mod them for success? Or I should just chill out and prepare another toon for the next time around? Yes, I know Dengar is very, very needed here, but he’s still locked, at 17/25 for me and judging by his Guild store droprate, I’m quite skeptical that I’d be getting him even for the next to next time around...

Any help and input is appreciated!

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I know this doesn't help you this time, but if you are checking the guild store at every refresh, you should have no trouble getting Dengar to 7* for next time. You can even refresh the store for 50 crystals if you run out of time and/or buy from shipments.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KhanKoobrath
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, I’m more and more thinking in the same direction, thank you!
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    A guildmate did this to finish Logray for the C3PO event. Refreshed the store twice daily (it goes up to 100 crystals after that) and managed to get him to 7* for less crystals than if he had bought the shipments.

Good luck!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • First - sorry for another such thread, but I couldn’t find anything specifically for my case...

So, I have G12 zBossk (lead zeta), G12 Boba, G12 Cad, G11 zGreedo and G11 IG-88. I have no Zam, no Dengar or any other BH, so that team is my only one.

I was quite sure that I can get 7* Chewie with them, and despite extensive remodding yesterday I mange to kill one enemy toon (usually R2), and get another to half health in my best of tries.

So my question is: am I missing something mod-wise (I really suck at modding and rely on Crouching rancor, which isn’t ideal, I know) and is there a way to mod them for success? Or I should just chill out and prepare another toon for the next time around? Yes, I know Dengar is very, very needed here, but he’s still locked, at 17/25 for me and judging by his Guild store droprate, I’m quite skeptical that I’d be getting him even for the next to next time around...

I did it with that team, took about 100 tries. Bossk needs high tenacity - at least 80%.

I ended up killing R2 first then Lando then chewie. R2 is soooo annoying it just wasn’t possible without him dead first.
  • First - sorry for another such thread, but I couldn’t find anything specifically for my case...

I'd probably just wait and farm and gear dengar. He's good so it isn't a waste.

You could try the rng fest but it'll likely frustrate you to no end before you get a shot at chewie. But if you go that route you are looking for a turn where r2 doesn't stealth or picks chewie to be unstealthed and you have all your bhs survive. Then you have a shot at burning through chewie. But there are a lot of restarts to get the stars to align.

I'd also farm jango if you are waiting anyway. Putting him and dengar in for cad and 88 next time should make it much easier. Having a 2nd toon with bh resolve would really help the chances of surviving the opening with 5 bhs alive and I've heard jango can one shot chewie with his special.

And you get ht shards.

I only farmed the node enough to 7 star ht since I already have chewie and bh ships take priority over jango but if I didn't already have chewie and 7 star ht, I would definitely be farming jango.
  • Azazel61 wrote: »
    First - sorry for another such thread, but I couldn’t find anything specifically for my case...

I did it with that team, took about 100 tries. Bossk needs high tenacity - at least 80%.

I ended up killing R2 first then Lando then chewie. R2 is soooo annoying it just wasn’t possible without him dead first.
    You bring me hope, thank you! Can you give a little more detail to their modding at the time?

You could try the rng fest but it'll likely frustrate you to no end before you get a shot at chewie. But if you go that route you are looking for a turn where r2 doesn't stealth or picks chewie to be unstealthed and you have all your bhs survive. Then you have a shot at burning through chewie. But there are a lot of restarts to get the stars to align.

I'd also farm jango if you are waiting anyway. Putting him and dengar in for cad and 88 next time should make it much easier. Having a 2nd toon with bh resolve would really help the chances of surviving the opening with 5 bhs alive and I've heard jango can one shot chewie with his special.

And you get ht shards.

I only farmed the node enough to 7 star ht since I already have chewie and bh ships take priority over jango but if I didn't already have chewie and 7 star ht, I would definitely be farming jango.
    Yeah, I’m most definitely starting the Dengar farm, will try and get him whenever he appears. And Jangonfarm is going, I started HT a little before they added JF to the node, so they run quite parallel now in terms of progress. I’m pretty sure that patience will be rewarded next time around, the only thing is I was really hoping to get it over now, so I can pour all my resources to the next goals, but I guess there’ll be some more BH lovin’ still:) The good thing is I quite like BHs now that I’ve played with them prior to Chewie, so I’ll be using those extra toons for sure:)
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/462719671/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
    guildmate has Chewie at 7*. speed + tenacity on bossk - crit avoidance with secondary speed on arrow - 7 tries until r2 missed smokescreen on chewie
  • SCOED
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I know someone who beat it with a team minus Dengar. He claimed it took him over a hundred tries. So your options are:

-Spam the event every waking moment tell RNG Jesus comes down to save your SWGOH soul because of the much spamming you put in. Yes it is possible. Just doesn't sound fun.

-Wait and farm Dengar, and you still will likely have to try multiple tries for the RNG to be kind enough to let you win. Still 2 to 10 tries to complete it is much, much less then a 100+ tries your in for.

-Give up all hope on ever getting Chewbacca and rage quit on the event, and perhaps the game.

-Spend a small fortune buying bounty hunter fraction packs until you have a 7 star Dengar, then another small fortune gearing him. Personally I think of better uses for the thousand plus dollars if not thousands of dollars this will likely cost, but CG will love you for it.

Personally I would wait. Dengar is a worthwhile toon even without the Chewbacca event. Plus spamming the event till your fingers fall off, just doesn't sound fun, nor does raiding your life savings for a legendary toon for that matter.

And you get ht shards.

Yeah, I’m most definitely starting the Dengar farm, will try and get him whenever he appears. And Jangonfarm is going, I started HT a little before they added JF to the node, so they run quite parallel now in terms of progress. I’m pretty sure that patience will be rewarded next time around, the only thing is I was really hoping to get it over now, so I can pour all my resources to the next goals, but I guess there’ll be some more BH lovin’ still:) The good thing is I quite like BHs now that I’ve played with them prior to Chewie, so I’ll be using those extra toons for sure:)

I already had ht 6 stars when they put jango on there. So I got some shards but not parallel.
  • SCOED wrote: »
    I know someone who beat it with a team minus Dengar. He claimed it took him over a hundred tries. So your options are:

-Spam the event every waking moment tell RNG Jesus comes down to save your SWGOH soul because of the much spamming you put in. Yes it is possible. Just doesn't sound fun.

-Wait and farm Dengar, and you still will likely have to try multiple tries for the RNG to be kind enough to let you win. Still 2 to 10 tries to complete it is much, much less then a 100+ tries your in for.

-Give up all hope on ever getting Chewbacca and rage quit on the event, and perhaps the game.

-Spend a small fortune buying bounty hunter fraction packs until you have a 7 star Dengar, then another small fortune gearing him. Personally I think of better uses for the thousand plus dollars if not thousands of dollars this will likely cost, but CG will love you for it.

Personally I would wait. Dengar is a worthwhile toon even without the Chewbacca event. Plus spamming the event till your fingers fall off, just doesn't sound fun, nor does raiding your life savings for a legendary toon for that matter.
    I guess this is the rationale I was looking for and I will just wait and some more work for Chewie. Thank you!
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @KhanKoobrath You can do it. Here's how I would approach it if you want to get 7* this time (and not bother with Dengar):

1. Mod Bossk to be the fastest. Boba to be right behind him with maximum Crit Damage (set + triangle). IG88 should be third fastest (more on that below).

2. Mod Cad, Greedo, and IG88 for Crit Damage (on triangle, and set if possible) and offense cross.

3. At battle start, if R2 uses smokescreen, just restart. Don't bother attempting unless he uses basic or AoE. Will save you a bunch of time. You MIGHT be able to win, but the chance will be so low that I would just restart. This is the step that those with Dengar can avoid, which saves a considerable amount of tries!

4. If Bossk gets stunned, restart.

5. If Boba gets stunned, restart (if he doesn't get killed and revived w/o stun that is).

6. At this point, you should have Bossk, Boba, and 2+ others available. Bossk uses his Taunt. Boba uses execute on Chewie (should remove most/all protection). Bossk immediately follows with Hunting Party which should eliminate Chewie (or close to). If you have to, finish Chewie with IG88 BASIC (DON'T USE HIS AoE IN THIS EVENT!).

7. Use Cad's Stun and Greedo's Threaten to control R2. You want to avoid him popping smokescreen until you can eliminate Han.

8. From here it's pretty much gravy. Try to kill Lando next, but you'll likely have to target R2 down because of the smokescreen - and land some timely debuffs for the regen.

My brother was able to beat it with slightly lower gear than you w/o Dengar, so it's definitely possible! Good luck!
  • Azazel61 wrote: »

You bring me hope, thank you! Can you give a little more detail to their modding at the time?

I moved all my arena mods over, so +100 speed or more on each toon. I think Bossk was at around 250. Crit damage set on Cad and Greedo. Hope for a lucky crit chain on Greedo and double crit attack on Cad. Only use AOE if you need to replenish Bossks health, as Han will counter.
  • @Dryff @Azazel61 wow, thank you guys so much! I will definitely try to do it with your advices and will share if it works!
  • I did it guys!!! I got him!!! Thank you so so so much for the advices and the support!!! Couldn’t have done it without you!!!
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I did it guys!!! I got him!!! Thank you so so so much for the advices and the support!!! Couldn’t have done it without you!!!

Glad to hear it :)
  • Dryff wrote: »
    @KhanKoobrath You can do it. Here's how I would approach it if you want to get 7* this time (and not bother with Dengar):

1. Mod Bossk to be the fastest. Boba to be right behind him with maximum Crit Damage (set + triangle). IG88 should be third fastest (more on that below).

2. Mod Cad, Greedo, and IG88 for Crit Damage (on triangle, and set if possible) and offense cross.

3. At battle start, if R2 uses smokescreen, just restart. Don't bother attempting unless he uses basic or AoE. Will save you a bunch of time. You MIGHT be able to win, but the chance will be so low that I would just restart. This is the step that those with Dengar can avoid, which saves a considerable amount of tries!

5. If Boba gets stunned, restart (if he doesn't get killed and revived w/o stun that is).

6. At this point, you should have Bossk, Boba, and 2+ others available. Bossk uses his Taunt. Boba uses execute on Chewie (should remove most/all protection). Bossk immediately follows with Hunting Party which should eliminate Chewie (or close to). If you have to, finish Chewie with IG88 BASIC (DON'T USE HIS AoE IN THIS EVENT!).

7. Use Cad's Stun and Greedo's Threaten to control R2. You want to avoid him popping smokescreen until you can eliminate Han.

8. From here it's pretty much gravy. Try to kill Lando next, but you'll likely have to target R2 down because of the smokescreen - and land some timely debuffs for the regen.

My brother was able to beat it with slightly lower gear than you w/o Dengar, so it's definitely possible! Good luck!

Ty for this strat. Worked after just a few tries :)
  • Hansolos
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Slipsteel wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »

I was able to do it for zboosk boba G12, ig88 G11, cad and greedo G10 with about 1x trials.

I didn’t restart when R2 smoke screen. Just try to kill R2 when it smoke screen. And actually the time I won,R2 did smoke screen on first move and Han stun my ig88 initially. Yeh, you may want ig-88 to be stun instead of others because it is much less valuable than others.

Mod your boosk and boba 24x speed, But boba should be little slower than boosk because once boosk taunt, boba use execute which give an immediate turn to boosk to use haunting party to finish either R2 or chewie.

If you can finish off one enemy with 4-5 BH standing, you are good to go. But it is important to keep boba alive. After finish two enemy, usually boba and another one BH standing, you got to utilise boba revive to finish the remaining.
  • Hansolos wrote: »
    Slipsteel wrote: »
    Dryff wrote: »

I was able to do it for zboosk boba G12, ig88 G11, cad and greedo G10 with about 1x trials.

I didn’t restart when R2 smoke screen. Just try to kill R2 when it smoke screen. And actually the time I won,R2 did smoke screen on first move and Han stun my ig88 initially. Yeh, you may want ig-88 to be stun instead of others because it is much less valuable than others.

Mod your boosk and boba 24x speed, But boba should be little slower than boosk because once boosk taunt, boba use execute which give an immediate turn to boosk to use haunting party to finish either R2 or chewie.

If you can finish off one enemy with 4-5 BH standing, you are good to go. But it is important to keep boba alive. After finish two enemy, usually boba and another one BH standing, you got to utilise boba revive to finish the remaining.

Is Boosk's zeta really necessary? The 5% health and prof recovery are obviously useful but omega ability is all the other stuff without that. Seems it could win without the zeta.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I did it with zbossk and no dengar.

The healing was absolutely necessary for my passing run, but it did only take me like 3 attempts. g12 boba and bossk, g11 cad, ig, greedo
  • Same here with zBosk, Bobba (both G12), IG88, Zam and Cad (G11). Had to try it 10+ times, and definitely worked a little mod movement...Dengar can be useful, but definitely it is not mandatory.