Help with first Haat Solo

Hey guys, I was hoping someone would be so kind to help guide me through to my first Haat solo.

I have had a few failed attempts and have used various AA or thrown led teams with varying luck but usually get smashed up in p2.

I would really appreciate the help

https://swgoh.gg/p/412615366/

I use discord

Replies

• I've soloed thanks to this guide by McMole2
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVoikNZWUx4
  • I can't stress enough that you should avoid using Illuminated Destiny in phase 1
  • Hi, that’s been the team I’ve tried with. I am struggling a bit with it. I think it’s the mechanics of it, keep hearing about hitting on 7 or something any advice welcome
  • Can anyone help me understand the 7 count thing and how to avoid the enrage in p1 and p2 please?
  • In P2 and any tank phase, you want to hit the tank as many times as you can between topples too. Ideally toppling it right before it takes a turn. If you constantly topple it right away when it's back up again you're losing out of plenty of damage to the tank itself while it's up. I.e. fracture it when it comes out of topple, kill all but one turret, hit the tank until just before it takes a turn then kill the last turret. Those 4+ hits on the tank out of topple really do add up over the whole phase. If it's getting to enrage when you're in the last 5-10% this might get you over the hump.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The Grievous 7-hit thing is annoying but fairly simple: every 7th time you hit him, he will gain 100% TM and get Tactical Maneuvering. You need to ensure that the 7th hit drains turn meter, so that he gains 100% but then loses some, giving you the opportunity to drain it again and keep delaying his turn.

If you use the Young Han team, sometimes you won't be able to avoid giving him a free turn, as you'll hit him 6 times and then Ackbar will get called to assist instead of CLS or you'll land on Han's turn with Ready for Anything on cooldown. That's fine, you can kill him with time to spare before enrage if you do a good job of managing him.

What you need to look out for are multi-hit attacks, DOTs, and counters, as those all add to the count. If Grievous gets a turn and Young Han counters, add 1 to the count.

Thrawn is especially tricky, as Fracture both deals 4 hits, and its TM reduction happens BEFORE the hits, so a Fracture that takes the count to 7 will always give him a free turn as though the TM reduction wasn't there. Plus, any hits past the 7th will spill over e.g. if the count is at 5 and you Fracture Grievous, he gets a turn, and there are now 5 hits until his next free turn.

Also note that if Grievous gets a turn normally, the count does NOT reset. So if you hit him 6 times and he manages to take a turn on his own, the next hit will still give him 100% TM.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ok failed again, I was at 88% in p1 with enrage already down to 8. Perhaps I need a new team to try with as I just can’t get it, I can nearly solo p1 with cls raid Han, datcha and hyoda but my solo attempt team I just can’t get it, sometimes I make it to p2 sometimes not... happy to try anything and listen so please would someone take me as their mission to get this monkey offf me back
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    RichyRich1 wrote: »
    Ok failed again, I was at 88% in p1 with enrage already down to 8. Perhaps I need a new team to try with as I just can’t get it, I can nearly solo p1 with cls raid Han, datcha and hyoda but my solo attempt team I just can’t get it, sometimes I make it to p2 sometimes not... happy to try anything and listen so please would someone take me as their mission to get this monkey offf me back

Are you trying it with the Young Han setup? If so, you really need to abuse Ackbar's assist calls to make sure CLS is hitting Grievous as much as possible, and try to give yourself as many opportunities as you can for CLS to hit him the 7th time. For example, since both of Ackbar's specials are guaranteed CLS assists, it may be worth holding on to them if the hit count is low. If you land on Ackbar's turn for the 7th hit and both specials are on cooldown, that's a free turn for Grievous and more adds you'll need to kill, so having one of his specials available lets you dodge a bullet. When adds do spawn - and you will get a few waves of them even on a "good" run - it's sometimes worth leaving one alive for a couple turns so you can dump a non-TM-draining attack on it.

It sounds stupid, but if nobody is around I will actually count out loud to myself every time Grievous gets hit, to make sure I don't lose track. If you do lose track and he gets the free turn a couple times, things can spiral out of control very quickly. Granted I don't solo the whole run as my guys aren't geared up enough and I don't have 7* Hoda (I use Thrawn in the meantime) - I just clear P1 and start hitting Escape on BB8 a few turns into P2. With a full G12 squad I'd imagine you have a much larger margin for error.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Thanks for your help, I will keep trying and have learnt from your advice