need some Chewy tips...

2Next

Replies

• As planned just got my Chewie this time around.

Squad: Bossk (zeta'd), Dengar, Boba, Cad Bane and Greedo all g12.

Only took two tries for 7*.

P.S. I'm ready for Revan return as well. Now just finishing my 3 remaining Ewoks to get Threepio around Feb. All you need to do is to set your priorities and you can get all Legendaries on the second run.

• Ultra wrote: »
    No amount of advice will help because the only thing you need to win is RNG. Gear and strategy is irrelevant

God this is so true. I’ve spent hours moving mods around and adding gear... it’s totally RNG. Just keep trying until you get lucky.

I hope the employee who programmed this event loses sleep every night about how garbage it is. Too bad though because it could be so much fun. Leave it to CG to make BH vs Rebels on Cloud City a boring waste of time.
  • IgneoMorte wrote: »
    @Veserion1 whatever that Tenacity did, I love you. I beat it on my 4th attempt after setting Tenacity mods.

I managed to do it with zBosskG12 lead, g12 ig88, g12 boba, g11 greedo and g9 dengar. As soon as I put on all tenacity on Bossk he managed to survive and I instantly beat it. I think I got good rng but I think swapping mods definitely let me beat it. Executed chewie as soon as I got a turn to weaken him, finished him with hunting party then took out han then finished off the rest. Make sure you put on tenacity mods with speed to get bossk to taunt then hunting party
  • IgneoMorte wrote: »
    @Veserion1 whatever that Tenacity did, I love you. I beat it on my 4th attempt after setting Tenacity mods.

I managed to do it with zBosskG12 lead, g12 ig88, g12 boba, g11 greedo and g9 dengar. As soon as I put on all tenacity on Bossk he managed to survive and I instantly beat it. I think I got good rng but I think swapping mods definitely let me beat it. Executed chewie as soon as I got a turn to weaken him, finished him with hunting party then took out han then finished off the rest. Make sure you put on tenacity mods with speed to get bossk to taunt then hunting party

Perfect strategy; exactly what I did
  • It took several attempts, but I found targeting han first to try for the contract payout was easier. I lost greedo at the start, but once the contract kicked in with han gone it was simple to finish. It was also a benefit to me to stun chewie with cad and dengar whenever possible while chipping away at han.

Zbossk (g11), Boba (g11), cad (g10), Dengar (g9) and Greedo (g9).
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    cowgwzbr2qj3.jpg
    hz9fpobhdgx8.jpg

This is what I used. I swapped around a bit between Greedo and IG88, but RNGesus finally saw pity on me and let me win with this team. Not to mention, they all 5 survived and I 3 starred it. But, I put in over 30 attempts this time and at least 100 times the first run because I didn't have Bossk 7 star.

Their targeting was scattered, they didn't all gang up on one member which I think was very beneficial. Dengar got stealthed before R2 did his stealth so no one ended up stealthed. I also remembered that you can stun Chewie in this event (I was only trying to stun lando and R2 before) so I dropped a stun on him after Bossk had his taunt up. One of the big reasons why I had Cad Bane in there was for the extra stun. Plus, he can stun / cleanse buffs through foresight. So that was good against R2.

Once he was stunned, I did Bossk's mass attack and that pretty much put him away, one more attack and he was down. After that I went after ROLO, then Han, then Lando, then R2. And no, I have zero clue how all of them survived. But they did.

Good luck! I hope you all get him finally (unless you're in my arena. lol)
  • g11 zam (useless or great rng getting nuked on salvo?); g10 cad, g9 dengar..

All omegas except cad (took the one that reduces cds on crit, very helpful here) after the obvious bossk, boba dengar cad is a true star here.. worth more than zam and 88 combined for this event and far more useful at lower investment than greedo.

The key was pure modding.. took 25 or so tries with my best remaining mods .. took 3 with arena level.. mod for bossk pure speed.. get to 270+ if you can.. boba top speed you can with good dmg.. rest speed speed and protection.. zam died before anyone moved but chewie got locked under stuns and was an easy 4v4 from there
  • Ultra wrote: »
    No amount of advice will help because the only thing you need to win is RNG. Gear and strategy is irrelevant

God this is so true. I’ve spent hours moving mods around and adding gear... it’s totally RNG. Just keep trying until you get lucky.

I hope the employee who programmed this event loses sleep every night about how garbage it is. Too bad though because it could be so much fun. Leave it to CG to make BH vs Rebels on Cloud City a boring waste of time.

Its terrible but mods made the difference.. not gear .. mods and cad bane vs 88 was key
  • Just the tips?
  • i cant beat it and i should have a great team

(L) Bossk zeta g12, ig88 g12, dengar g12, zam g11 and Boba g12
    I was having trouble with Bossk because I couldn't stay alive long enough to trigger his payout and because he kept getting stunned and couldn't taunt. Switched to Boba Fett, won after a couple more ries. Boba's a better leader for the event, go with a bunch of thermal detonators to feed yourself turn meter and to stack debuffs for Boba's Execute. IG88 isn't good for this match, drop it and put in anyone else, such as......
    No. g8 at best hed be killed immediatlly
    That's fine. So long as Cad Bane gets his one stun off he's done his job. If he dies, he dies, but IG88 would have died just the same and only would have done a little scratch damage. Cad's stun goes through foresight. If you're using Bossk as your leader and Cad lives long enough, his basic attack will maybe increase the payout counter a little more.
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Every suggestion I see says Bossk and Dengar. How much harder would it be without those 2?

Not even bothering this time, but will have Embo and Jango by the 3rd go around.

G12 Jango, Boba, Greedo, Embo and Bane/88/Zam???
    Dengar is an all-star, I've been using him here and there since before the Bounty Hunter redesign and have only loved him more since then. For this event, the main thing he brings to the table is that if he's stealthed he'll prevent others from stealthing, and since Chewbacca will AoE early, there's a good chance of triggering Dengar's stealth, which then causes R2 to waste his turn and allow you to just keep pummeling Chewbacca.

Bossk... His leadership gives you tenacity and healing (if zeta'd) when you throw debuffs, which can really help in general. He's a fantastic character and my preferred leader in nearly everything else, but you get shot up so hard so fast that I don't think that healing helps enough and his payout takes too long to trigger, plus the AI has enough potency that his tenacity just doesn't quite cut it. He's a strong character and I used him anyway, just not as a leader, because of that sweet mass attack and the taunt. Boba just makes a better leader for this because the bonus health from potency isn't stronger in the long run than Bossk's heals, but it's front-loaded in such a way that you'll survive that initial onslaught better.

I think your team will be fine, but try to put Dengar in as your fifth.
    Vohbo wrote: »
    This event is stupid and poorly designed.
    Counterpoint: This event is excellently designed, people are just acting like toddlers trying to ram a square peg into a round hole because that's what they've always done and then get mad when it takes a lot of hammering to get it through. Just use the round peg, my dude.

I finished with G11 Boba leader, G12 Bossk (two zetas, but it's not like the leader one helped), G11 Dengar and Greedo, G10 Zam. Took a couple tries, but nowhere near the hundreds people are saying.
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    Getting annihilated with all G12 characters isn’t strategy, it’s absolutely ridiculous reliance on RNG
    Use the right characters and you don't have to rely on RNG.
    Ultra wrote: »
    Cool. Try it with all G9s and save Chewbacca for last and tell us how that works out for you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I would recommend swapping out ig88 for cad bane

His stun is very helpful
  • Kill lando first and retreat instantly if bossk is stunned or R2 stealths everyone while dengar can’t block it, those are my best tips, other than that your bounty hunters are better than mine and I did it, so don’t give up