Galactic Bounties II - Nest [MERGE]

2Next

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Kudlaty wrote: »
    One question: why IG-88's Zeta doesn't work on Enfys Nest??? It says "Target Locked enemies can't recover Health or Protection"...
    @CG_SBCrumb

Just like healing immunity, this does not prevent her bonus protection.

If she is granted "bonus protection" it should be done by a buff (maybe even unique and non disspellable). If it's not a buff then it is a recovery. It's very simple and transparent. When they do it like it works now they create a lot of unnecessary confusion, because in some future chars they may add more hidden protection types like "additional protection" or "special protection" or "super hiper crazy protection" and we will never know what ability works on what char until we test EVERY ability against EVERY char - so why bother to even create and read abilities description?
  • Tygra wrote: »
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    Try out some other teams. After an hour of bashing my head against a wall I swapped out G12 IG-88 for G8 Embo and the rng gods approved. I beat it first try with the new team, although only Dengar survived. Full team was Zeta-lead Bossk, Z-Boba, Greedo, and Dengar at G12 and Embo at G8. Decent mods but not my arena set. Just had to get a bunch of thermal detonators to stack and pop at the same time. It can be done!

I know it can be done. I got extremely lucky the very first time apparently, even though I lost 3/5 of my bounty hunters. But now I can't beat it again and I just think it is ridiculous that she is so overpowered.
    The search option is your friend.
    Just out of curiosity, how many of your 130 posts are as helpful as this one?

I'm telling you that exists a bar that you can search if something was already asked and answered and you tell me this is not helpful?
    Maybe the fact that your thread was merged with a thread created today makes you realize the answer for this.

The fact that you assume that I don't know that a search bar exists or just want to be sarcastic and look all internet cool with your snide comment is what I have a problem with. Where in my original post did I ask for help? That's right, I didn't. I was just complaining about how ridiculously OP Nest is in this game compared to her actual character in the movie
    Tygra wrote: »
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    Try out some other teams. After an hour of bashing my head against a wall I swapped out G12 IG-88 for G8 Embo and the rng gods approved. I beat it first try with the new team, although only Dengar survived. Full team was Zeta-lead Bossk, Z-Boba, Greedo, and Dengar at G12 and Embo at G8. Decent mods but not my arena set. Just had to get a bunch of thermal detonators to stack and pop at the same time. It can be done!

I know it can be done. I got extremely lucky the very first time apparently, even though I lost 3/5 of my bounty hunters. But now I can't beat it again and I just think it is ridiculous that she is so overpowered.
    The search option is your friend.
    Just out of curiosity, how many of your 130 posts are as helpful as this one?

I'm telling you that exists a bar that you can search if something was already asked and answered and you tell me this is not helpful?
    Maybe the fact that your thread was merged with a thread created today makes you realize the answer for this.

The fact that you assume that I don't know that a search bar exists or just want to be sarcastic and look all internet cool with your snide comment is what I have a problem with. Where in my original post did I ask for help? That's right, I didn't. I was just complaining about how ridiculously OP Nest is in this game compared to her actual character in the movie

Again if you use the search bar that I assumed that you didn't know about, you can find some (recent) posts about lore consistency and your statement is not needed again. Several posts about it.
    Maybe try using the search.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    One question: why IG-88's Zeta doesn't work on Enfys Nest??? It says "Target Locked enemies can't recover Health or Protection"...
    @CG_SBCrumb

If she is granted "bonus protection" it should be done by a buff (maybe even unique and non disspellable). If it's not a buff then it is a recovery. It's very simple and transparent. When they do it like it works now they create a lot of unnecessary confusion, because in some future chars they may add more hidden protection types like "additional protection" or "special protection" or "super hiper crazy protection" and we will never know what ability works on what char until we test EVERY ability against EVERY char - so why bother to even create and read abilities description?

Nest's bonus protection can't be prevented by any means. This has been the case since she was released and has been discussed at length.
  • Again if you use the search bar that I assumed that you didn't know about, you can find some (recent) posts about lore consistency and your statement is not needed again. Several posts about it.

Maybe try not acting like you have any kind of authority around here? Last time I checked you weren't in charge of deciding what statements are or are not needed again. Clearly whoever merged my post with this thread instead of deleting it didn't feel that it was not needed again.
    Again if you use the search bar that I assumed that you didn't know about, you can find some (recent) posts about lore consistency and your statement is not needed again. Several posts about it.

Maybe try not acting like you have any kind of authority around here? Last time I checked you weren't in charge of deciding what statements are or are not needed again. Clearly whoever merged my post with this thread instead of deleting it didn't feel that it was not needed again.

If you think you are adding something, then you should create another one, since this thread is for tips to finish the event and you said you were just whining about it.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Liath wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Nest's bonus protection can't be prevented by any means. This has been the case since she was released and has been discussed at length.

I know, but my point is: make it into a unique "protection up" buff to avoid any confusion and that's it
  • They should just call all these events “The Bossk and Dengar Show”
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    nest isn't losing any bonus prot after she goes.

edit: eh, think I figured it out
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

I know, but my point is: make it into a unique "protection up" buff to avoid any confusion and that's it

It's specifically not a buff because it can't be prevented by buff immunity, shock, confusion, etc. Protection up is already a buff that exists and it works differently. Calling it a protection up buff would cause more confusion, not less.
  • If you think you are adding something, then you should create another one, since this thread is for tips to finish the event and you said you were just whining about it.

Once again, stop trying to act like you are any more important than anyone else. You are just a member, same as everyone else. And you really should stop and try to think before you type because now you are making yourself look stupid. I know it may be hard, but if you need help, I'm sure someone is available. I posted a separate thread making a simple observation of how OP Nest is in the game compared to her character in the movie. You came into my thread and started whining about me needing to use the search feature. I can't help the fact that someone with some real authority merged my post with this thread. And now you are complaining that I should have posted a separate thread, which I did, which you commented on. Are you really that forgetful or just that big of a troll?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Another idea- build a team that can stunlock her, and include jango. Jango will bring down her max health, meaning she'll get smaller and smaller amounts of bonus protection
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Stuns are necessary to control her, always save stun for the right moment before her turn. In the mean time stack bombs and debuffs. When she has only hp left it's time to wrap it up, she should have about 7-7 on bombs and debuffs. Stun->detonate bombs->let her take turn->execute. I did it on second try, 3*, my team:
    Zbossk, boba, zam, dengar, cad
    all glvl11, boba glvl12, mods mediocre
    If you think you are adding something, then you should create another one, since this thread is for tips to finish the event and you said you were just whining about it.

Once again, stop trying to act like you are any more important than anyone else. You are just a member, same as everyone else. And you really should stop and try to think before you type because now you are making yourself look stupid. I know it may be hard, but if you need help, I'm sure someone is available. I posted a separate thread making a simple observation of how OP Nest is in the game compared to her character in the movie. You came into my thread and started whining about me needing to use the search feature. I can't help the fact that someone with some real authority merged my post with this thread. And now you are complaining that I should have posted a separate thread, which I did, which you commented on. Are you really that forgetful or just that big of a troll?

Sigh
    Someone states that they do not like not winning.
    Someone tells them in a tongue-in-cheek way that they can find tips that would help
    Someone says to other someone that they don’t like them
    I show up and make an unrealistic prediction about the future
    Episode 9 is released and it’s completely Rose-centric, but in such an amazing way that everyone falls in love with her
    CG releases a Rose pack that is so popular it becomes their most profitable pack
    The beat goes on...
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I figured this would just be a dry "how do I beat the last tier" thread but boy was I mistaken!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I beat it with g12 Zbossk, g10 aurra, g9 cad, g11 Zgreedo and g11 dengar. Stacked potency on aurra and cad. That’s 5 hunters each with 1 stun each and aurra stun on basic. Detonators piled up and nest barely got turns. When she did come out of stun I would get a bit of damage and then stun again.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Another vote for stuns and dets. I was having no luck until I swapped in my G8 Cad for my G11 88. I don't even have Zam usable (she dies in the wave 1 AOE lol) but having three stuns and the stacked dets from Dengar is enough to get it done with a little RNG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Didn't matter who I used, nest would instant kill everyone but bossk and dengar at the start, I threw bombs, nest beat bossk down, threw more bombs, and nest explodes right before she can kill dengar.
    Didn't get to use stuns or anything useful, mini mines did it all.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @CG_SBCrumb

Then it would be subject to other characters that are affected by buffs, making her an easy target for someone like boba or geo spy.

It may seem odd but there are reasons for mechanics like this to be the way they are.
  • HK666 wrote: »
    Another idea- build a team that can stunlock her, and include jango. Jango will bring down her max health, meaning she'll get smaller and smaller amounts of bonus protection

This worked for me. Jango was able to get in three health reductions with arena mods on him and g9. That was enough to make Nest mortal.
  • Constantly stun her, and chip away. I use bossk lead, cad, and dengar for said stuns. Nest kills boba and embo right away, which is fine.
  • Fast mods are actually not your friend here
  • I found speed and a 5th bh to be my issue tbh. Did it with 4 and focused on thermal detonators and stuns primarily.

https://youtu.be/9cZiXpWZi-A
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Best strat for GB 2 is to just farm nest heh... aurra works wonders tho
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Bossk will get you to the end intact, but a long fight is NOT what you want with Nest. The longer the battle goes, the harder she hits. I did the event with G12 zzBossk, G12 Boba, G12 zzAurra, G10 Dengar, G12 Cad Bane.

I was taking hits like a champ early, but as the fight wore on she was able to one shot pretty much anyone. I won with only Cad standing. Lots of hits and TM reduction (hello Greedo) are generally not advised. Big hits, thermal detonators, and stun are the key to taking her down. Jango health down would help too over time.

Funny thing is I didn't even need the shards - ended up with Nest shard store currency.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Just tried this today with Zam lead and it worked like a charm. Nest had 7 thermals applied straight off after my opening using only special abilities. Okay, she casually wiped out 3 with her aoe but then...BOOM. Thanks for the shards and Embo pic.
  • Zam lead for the win. TDs raining from the sky.
  • Stun her and hit her hard! The one in the movie was disney version of nest! Lol
  • Same strat as NasRegal on first page of this thread : g12 bossk (l) boba Dengar, g11 zam cad, no zetas, decent mods, 3*. With the bossk lead you can come into p4 nearly full strength and 0 cooldowns. Dengar cad bossk all stun, use that to reduce cooldowns with basics and no fear of counter. When not stunned, drop tds etc to avoid counter as much as possible.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    inbv1htiewg1.png
    2 starred with zbossk zboba greedo cad 5* aurra