What is YOUR bottleneck to progression?

Prev1345
Hello Holotables Heroes!

I am curious about what other players in the community feel is their most specific hinderance to progression. Is it credits? Ability mats/zetas? Gear? Crystals? Energy? God Mods? META-Character paywalls?

I personally feel that CG has done a GREAT job with opening up bottlenecks over the past year. The increased shops, along with ability to use alternate currencies in some shops, and increased events have allowed for versatility in resource management and allocation and allowed for proper progression.

With the exception, of course, of Mk V Stun Guns.

For me, at least. I can use allllll the currencies to get all the Carbantis my heart requires, but it seems like the stun guns RARELY show up in the shops. My resource allocation for energy is farming character shards at the moment, but even if I spent ALL my energy farming stun guns, it would still fall short of purchasable gear from shops.

G12 and G12+ are coming at an acceptable rate, especially now that my guild is completing HSTR. All I need is a *little* more stun gun love and I’ll be oh-so happy!

How about everybody else? Where do you find yourself getting frustrated with your roster progression?

Replies

• I find it easier to get g12 gear than gear 9 - 10 - 11 gear because too many toons need the same stuff at the same time. I guess that is the only thing keeping me where I am now.
  • Stun guns, golden balls, carbs in that order.
  • Farming Tusken Shaman.
    You'd think with two shop locations it'd be easy.
    You're wrong.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Stun guns. Always stun guns.

I've got 11 toons favourited, 8 of them are waiting purely on stun guns and the other 3 I just added to favourites so I could work on something while waiting for stun guns.
  • I do alright with Stun Guns, I'm usually pretty close to one if it turns out I need it.

For me the bottleneck has become characters. I have a wide selection of characters to pick from, so I can make any team, but I'm missing some key ones--specifically Revan, which I will probably get on the third go-around (T3-M4 and Mission will be ready for sure, Bastila almost certainly, but Jolee's 4* and Zaalbar's only 3*), and Treya. I'm probably just not going to get Treya because I'm in a guild with friends and don't want to leave them over a video game.

The trouble with having a raid character as the strongest character as opposed to a legendary/hero's journey is that the period of exclusivity for a legendary or hero's journey is longer, but only applies to a few people who spend a lot and are mostly competing with one another, so it's fine on the whole. But when it's a raid character like Treya, that exclusivity period is short--but the gap between people who have her and those who don't is insurmountable and grows all the time.

So while when Luke first came out I dropped from 50th to 60th place, when Traya came out I dropped from 50th (I'd regained ground with better teams and mods) to being lucky to finish 100th, and usually 150th. Moreover, if a Traya is on defense in Grand Arena I know I just can't get through her.

There are counters to Traya, for sure, but C3-P0 is legendary (and I've got him at 6*, working on gearing) and Revan is a journey.

So other than that, I'd say I'm doing alright. It's just very frustrating to see one character I know I just can't hope to beat until at least one and maybe even two more Journeys pop up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Stun Guns then Gold balls then Arakyd Raid Gear

There is other stuff like the purple ball that you need with carbs for health steal but they can be farmed via guild store without being expensive
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Stun guns, golden eyeballs, carbantis. Seems that lately my rng for getting them in shard shop/guild even currency store has just gone away. Be lucky to get 18-24 a week from there, and i check every 6hrs.

My personal pet peeve are events that require 2 cantina node characters that also need a toon thats only farmable in guild store, yet all require high gear > Yes, you ewoks. It became a pet peeve after JTR veterans and Revans Old Republic farms.

And of course STR/Traya.
  • It depends on the faction and where you are in the process:

- Rebels, many of my lower level ones need a bunch of Mk3 Holos. Hate wasting precious Guild or Shard Shop currency on them.
    - BH eat Stun Cuffs like candy
    - Empire need Mk5 Salt Shakers like they're on life support
    - Everyone needs Stun Guns, which coincidentally need the equally frustrating Mk3 Carbanti...
  • @NicWester you know there are more then two ways to beat Traya,
  • Stun guns then carbs. Golden eyes are easy to get in crystal store and are very cheap.
  • Gear of course. Stun gun, stun cuff and carbanti.
  • Right now it's the golden eyeballs for me. I've been doing OK for stun guns because I'm farming wicket pretty hard and I've just been gearing bounty hunters who don't really need any. Looking at the next few toons I plan to gear though (resistance and Nest) is painful. Nest and Scav Rey each need 3 golden eyeballs and 3 stun guns, PLUS some other gear just to get from g11 to G12!

Also today I ran out of the challenge piece for the golden eyeballs, which I hadn't anticipated ever doing - I just assumed I'd have hundreds forever. Now it's looking like it'll be a huge slog.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Going on 3 years in this game, gear is easily the most frustrating bottleneck, especially being F2P trying to get through G9. I understand the reasoning behind it, just wish it wasn't SO long and excruciating a process. It's all a part of the game though..
  • I'm really heistant to say this out loud, but the "Goldballs" are one of the most affordable easiest to obtain pieces of gear that I've seen. 375 crystals for 25 balls, and they show up regularly. Ignore fully crafted, and ignore the challenge gear component, but the main important piece is readily available at a very reasonable price
  • Omegas and stun guns mostly. I never seem to have enough of either.
  • Mission vao the grind is real! 1 shard a day.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Omegas for me too. I'm buying the weeklies, 2500 cry. That takes most of my f2p earnings.
  • Stun guns across the board..
  • You know there are more then two ways to beat Traya,

I know of Revan and zeta Finn with C3-P0. My C3-P0 is still being geared, and in the meantime my other Resistance isn’t fast enough to get rolling. What other ways are there? (That might sound confrontational, sorry, it’s not meant to—I’m genuinely asking if I missed a team)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • yuuzhanron wrote: »
    I'm really heistant to say this out loud, but the "Goldballs" are one of the most affordable easiest to obtain pieces of gear that I've seen. 375 crystals for 25 balls, and they show up regularly. Ignore fully crafted, and ignore the challenge gear component, but the main important piece is readily available at a very reasonable price

It's quite affordable until you run out of the challenge gear, which absolutely WILL happen if you're buying the 375 components. Once that happens and you're staring at Ewoks, Nest, and the other dozen+ toons that all want gold stun guns, you'll hate those gold eyeballs, too.

Carbantis, gold eyeballs, and stun guns here. Carbs are the most immediately obnoxious at the moment.
  • bl66i53iukfq.jpg
    And to a lesser extent, mk6 dets which are needed by a lot or heroes, aren't farmable, and are expensive in stores.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Multiple characters on 20 energy hard nodes....
  • Mk 3 ability mats
    ARGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!
  • I could zeta at will if I had enough
    Spend all my crystals trying to get some, I have about 40 Omega materials but first I need the ability mats
  • Carbantis, eyeballs and omegas
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    You know there are more then two ways to beat Traya,

I know of Revan and zeta Finn with C3-P0. My C3-P0 is still being geared, and in the meantime my other Resistance isn’t fast enough to get rolling. What other ways are there? (That might sound confrontational, sorry, it’s not meant to—I’m genuinely asking if I missed a team)

CLS Han Chewie is a great foundation for blasting right through Traya, the other two spots can vary with R2, Thrawn, Old Ben, GK....my personal favorite was L3. Chewie loses a lot of health because Traya punishes assists that way, but L3 restores his health, not to mention a very tough to bring down tank. Swap in C3 into one of the last two spots and you'll never lose to Traya again.

There's also the offense-only team of Thrawn lead, Magmatrooper, Deathtrooper, EP, and IPD.

EDIT: You're almost 4m and have neither Chewie or IPD?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stun Guns
  • DavieJG wrote: »
    Stun guns, golden balls, carbs in that order.

Preach!