Retreat

I'm currently working on 7* chewie on my alt... this is not a complaint about the difficulty, however it IS a complaint about the needless mechanic that stops you from retreating from the event during the enemies turn.

I know from their opening move whether or not I have a chance of beating the event, but instead of being able to back out a restart, I'm forced to watch the entire opening barrage of attacks before I can back out.

It is actually FASTER to close the client and restart it than to wait for the sequence to finish.

Please, please, PLEASE fix this.

Replies

• Still is better now that we don’t have to watch the whole cinematic opening. Good luck!
  • Boohoo?
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    I'm currently working on 7* chewie on my alt... this is not a complaint about the difficulty, however it IS a complaint about the needless mechanic that stops you from retreating from the event during the enemies turn.

I know from their opening move whether or not I have a chance of beating the event, but instead of being able to back out a restart, I'm forced to watch the entire opening barrage of attacks before I can back out.

It is actually FASTER to close the client and restart it than to wait for the sequence to finish.

What’s the point of having an alt account? I’ve never understood this. One account is fine consuming and high maintenance enough.
  • To improve your Guild. To start off with a better farming plan. To donate gear to your main account. Plenty of reasons.
  • Closing ur client and restarting is not faster than waiting for retreat. You’re a liar, stop crying, we all had to deal with this horrible event.

What’s the point of having an alt account? I’ve never understood this. One account is fine consuming and high maintenance enough.

One guy in my guild is running 2 alts and is babysitting an old account.

Aside from Arena it isnt that time consuming. Usually multiple tabs on an emulator.

• Wow there are some angry people out there.

This mechanic effects far more than the just this event, and isn't needed. When I actually needed to participate in HSTR to finish traya, this was a literal plague in p3. Watch the sabers ability block chirrut on first move, sit and wait to restart. Watch the sabers stagger & knock out TM, sit and wait to restart. Watch the sabers debuff greedo or han, sit and wait to restart.

It really is pointless & should be removed from areas where it is.

Why are people chiming in w/ hate over something that is clearly lazy mechanics?
    This mechanic effects far more than the just this event, and isn't needed. When I actually needed to participate in HSTR to finish traya, this was a literal plague in p3. Watch the sabers ability block chirrut on first move, sit and wait to restart. Watch the sabers stagger & knock out TM, sit and wait to restart. Watch the sabers debuff greedo or han, sit and wait to restart.
    This is unbelievably frustrating. Add a 'pause' and 'restart' button. This is even worse in raids because retreats may cost you the entire phase.
  • On a brighter note, day 5 I finally beat 7* chewie w/ boba lead, greedo, cad, dengar (g11) & 88 (g9).

Complete and absolute luck... but... happy alt.

They really do need to add a way to restart w/o waiting ... not just retreat
  • Bevel_Lemelisk
    202 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Don't complain as they might find Retreating goes against the intention of the game and remove it all together.