Another terrible Legendary Event

Prev1
Long time player that has enjoyed this game since I started playing a couple months after it was released. Your decisions with the last two legendary events to make them next to impossible have been terrible. Adding that to problems with the Sith raid and subsequent nerfing and it’s a really bad trend.

It just seems like the game developers don’t actually like th players and don’t want us to have any fun. With the legendary events, they’ve decided to give the game controlled team so many turns before the player even gets to go. It’s a slap in the face.

And it isn’t at all consistent with the approach to legendary events that preceded the Chewbacca one. Very disappointing and sapping my enthusiasm for this game.

Replies

• Grrrr wrote: »
    Folks have much stronger characters now so the difficulty needs to be increased.
    It really doesn’t have to be though. That’s a decision the developers made that doesn’t actually have to be made. We have a guy in our guild with 4 Ewoks at gear 12 (the 5th at gear 10) and Chirpa zeta’d. He can’t finish Tier 7. And the worst thing about the design isn’t the difficulty of the enemies - it’s that the developers have given them so much pre-loaded turn meter that they eliminate most of a decent gear 10 team before the gear 10 even gets a chance to play at Tier 5.

It doesn’t feel “fair” when they increase the difficulty by just letting the enemy get multiple first turns. It isn’t consistent with how the rest of the game plays. It’s a game, it’s supposed to be fun. These latest design decisions simply aren’t fun.
  • @SquirtyMcFunbuns the guy in your guild is doing something wrong.

We’re up to 15 unlocks in our guild so far, all of them with lower gear than that and the same zeta.

For me, a may 2016 start, I like this event. It wasn’t a pushover, but it wasn’t unreasonable. The chewy event was crazy, but I feel they got this one right.
  • Grrrr wrote: »
    Folks have much stronger characters now so the difficulty needs to be increased.
    It really doesn’t have to be though. That’s a decision the developers made that doesn’t actually have to be made. We have a guy in our guild with 4 Ewoks at gear 12 (the 5th at gear 10) and Chirpa zeta’d. He can’t finish Tier 7. And the worst thing about the design isn’t the difficulty of the enemies - it’s that the developers have given them so much pre-loaded turn meter that they eliminate most of a decent gear 10 team before the gear 10 even gets a chance to play at Tier 5.

It doesn’t feel “fair” when they increase the difficulty by just letting the enemy get multiple first turns. It isn’t consistent with how the rest of the game plays. It’s a game, it’s supposed to be fun. These latest design decisions simply aren’t fun.

Yeah he's doing something wrong. I beat the event with g10 zchirpa, g11 zwicket, g11 scout, g12 elder, and g9 teebo. It took some effort but it's only day one and I got through without having to g12 everyone.

I would have had g11 chirpa but was short one eyeball and rng hated me today trying to farm it. But I beat it before rng let me have it so now the eyeball can go on ezra or whom everelse I choose.
  • Spoken like someone who couldn't prepare
  • Spoken like someone who couldn't prepare
    The most useless of comments. Thanks for replying.

After the Chewbacca event, I fully expected it to be an awful event. It just didn’t have to be. It saddens me that they’ve decided to go down this path of cheapening the experience of playing this game. Preloading turns for the enemy is cheap. In the highest tier of the smuggler event, they even let the enemy go before your zeta’d raid Han. It breaks the game mechanic and is cheap and “unfair”.

All in the name of creating an artificial challenge.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    From what I have read this event was not all that terrible. My ewoks aren't high enough to get past tier 2, and that was mainly a G8 Teebo nearly soloing it while 4 other level 20-30 ewoks were cannon fodder. Seems fun and a lot less RNG dependent than the chewie event.

My only issue is the difference in difficulty between Chewie/3P0 and all the other legendary events. All the other Legendary events can be obtained(5 star unlock) by a brand spanking new player by the time they are about level 65 if they focused on the characters to unlock. I feel they can leave the events as they are, but change the name. When a new player who just completed a "legendary event" to get Palpatine unlocked and sees another one in C3P0 coming up and farms ewoks they will be SOL due to levels and gear. In their eyes it should be the same type of event but nowhere close on the difficulty scale. Now, if there were two classes of Legendary events, it would make sense.

Before Chewie, legendary/hero journeys were about that first time release panic farm. If you didn't get it the first time, you could get it the second time for sure, just get those stars. The gate was always shards vs time. That gate lowered as you could obtain those shards more casually the 2nd and subsequent time the event came up. With the two most recent legendaries, the gate is now gear. Which will never be lowered.

Edit:

Pet Peeve: There is no preloaded turn meter, they are just that fast. (and Han always shoots first)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    What we need to see is a new legendary that doesn't consist of old toons, if its gear 12.5 requirements for the last tier it means all these excuses people cling to that the only reason its so, is because of old toons, will be made false.

A new player starting out, for example, doesn't have Ewoks or BH, yet they are expected to get them geared and even put zeta's on them to unlock these 2 newer toons, yet ALL the other legendaries can be completed without G9 toon or zeta's? It feels very inconsistent.

The realy gripe though is the complete lack of thought with who we up against. Chewy and Han again, same as the Chewy unlock. R2 as well. So we have Han going first again, then their entire team going, then their entire team going again and then you get to go. Hows that good development when you make people rely on RNG luck in order to win? All the strats in the world don't matter if EE is one shotted every time you reset right at the start. But eh, that's where they going with legendary events now, so I guess we just gotta put up with it.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    What we need to see is a new legendary that doesn't consist of old toons, if its gear 12.5 requirements for the last tier it means all these excuses people cling to that the only reason its so, is because of old toons, will be made false.

A new player starting out, for example, doesn't have Ewoks or BH, yet they are expected to get them geared and even put zeta's on them to unlock these 2 newer toons, yet ALL the other legendaries can be completed without G9 toon or zeta's? It feels very inconsistent.

The realy gripe though is the complete lack of thought with who we up against. Chewy and Han again, same as the Chewy unlock. R2 as well. So we have Han going first again, then their entire team going, then their entire team going again and then you get to go. Hows that good development when you make people rely on RNG luck in order to win? All the strats in the world don't matter if EE is one shotted every time you reset right at the start. But eh, that's where they going with legendary events now, so I guess we just gotta put up with it.
    I don’t think new players were expected to get Chewy or C3PO. When I was a new player I missed out on GMY and EP first time those events came around. And BB8 come to think of it.

I didn’t miss out on Chewy or C3PO because I’ve been playing long enough to have farmed and geared those factions enough to unlock.

Also, the turn meter gripe was valid for the Chewy event - that was ridiculous - but it’s not really valid for the C3PO event. Sure, Han shoots first, but there’s no way the entire enemy team goes twice before you do.
  • @SquirtyMcFunbuns Whether the event is too difficult or not is a mater of opinion of course but your specific complaint about pre-loaded turn meter is unfounded. All of the event characters in the Chewi and C3P0 events start with zero turn meter. They are just fast, although Han has his Shoot First ability which means him and Chewi get to go first of course.

For the Chewi event it's about 300 speed to cut in after Shoots first but rather than focusing on modding for speed it's better to optimise protection and defence under a zeta Bossk lead or potency under a Boba lead.

For the 3P0 event it seems you need about 240ish on Paploo to cut in after Han's shoot first which is more manageable. There may be other modding strategies but I didn't look into it at all. If you have the right TM gain omegas and some good RNG on who Han stuns in the opening then you should easily get the TM train going even if you don't have Paploo fast enough. As your first turn give TM to Logrey using Paploo then give the whole team TM. This opening should give you enough turns to start the TM train and bring the match under your control. Stealth EE using wicket and kill Han/Chewi as early as possible clearing the taunt using Logrey or the mass assist ability (forget which one has that). It'll still be dependant on if EE is successful on a few revives but certainly manageable with less than G11 ewoks and Chirpa's zeta.

Regarding event difficulty I very much like that it's hard personally. If everyone has access to these new characters first time around and they are meta defining then arena would lose all of the tiny bit of diversity it currently has. Revan for example has about 50% of the top ten placings in the meta report.... That level of "diversity" is purely there because he was "limited release" for those that crystal hoarded or paid. Arena is pretty lacking in diversity as it is but imagine if everyone had access to Revan first time out. It would be mind numbingly boring doing mirror matches continually every day.
  • I'm not a fan of the pre-loaded turn meter recently in legendaries I feel like they could find something less demoralizing and annoying to make it harder
  • I loved this event all the way down to the characters surrendering instead of vanishing. Incredibly well done with just the right mix of difficulty. Having the opposing team get off a few shots first is great because you start theory crafting mods and changing strategies. Took me about 5 attempts, but when I switched from a speed methodology to a defense methodology it became a cake walk. zChirpa, Logray, Wicket, EE, Paploo all G11
  • I dont have paploo and Logray. i tried it with my G11 ewoks, arenamods, all 230+ speed and 1 zeta on chirpa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsLmnz-rH4

In total i tried for more then 200 times, Tried variations with Teebo lead. Not a single change!!, all runs went exactly like the few runs i recorded..

@CG_SBCrumb Pls make this event a little bit less difficult and possible to achieve WITHOUT Logray and/or Paploo.

In the end of the day for the most off us this only brings us frustration.....

• BucMan55 wrote: »
    From what I have read this event was not all that terrible. My ewoks aren't high enough to get past tier 2, and that was mainly a G8 Teebo nearly soloing it while 4 other level 20-30 ewoks were cannon fodder. Seems fun and a lot less RNG dependent than the chewie event.

My only issue is the difference in difficulty between Chewie/3P0 and all the other legendary events. All the other Legendary events can be obtained(5 star unlock) by a brand spanking new player by the time they are about level 65 if they focused on the characters to unlock. I feel they can leave the events as they are, but change the name. When a new player who just completed a "legendary event" to get Palpatine unlocked and sees another one in C3P0 coming up and farms ewoks they will be SOL due to levels and gear. In their eyes it should be the same type of event but nowhere close on the difficulty scale. Now, if there were two classes of Legendary events, it would make sense.

Before Chewie, legendary/hero journeys were about that first time release panic farm. If you didn't get it the first time, you could get it the second time for sure, just get those stars. The gate was always shards vs time. That gate lowered as you could obtain those shards more casually the 2nd and subsequent time the event came up. With the two most recent legendaries, the gate is now gear. Which will never be lowered.

Edit:

Pet Peeve: There is no preloaded turn meter, they are just that fast. (and Han always shoots first)

Gear does get easier over time as they add events that give you gear. G11 and g12 are easier to get than it was a year ago. So in another year it'll be even easier and we'll have g13 to be really hard to get to.
  • I got 7* this time. Took too many tries.

A basis on whether an activity is fun is how many percent of the player base is willing to go through this painful process again?

I would say none. Unless you're a masochist.
  • I'm ok with the events being harder, I think they ramped up the difficulty a little too quickly when they released Chewie, but this one didn't seem quite as hard. It actually makes the events feel "legendary." The first two legendary events were released when g8 was the max we could have, and it was meant to be a challenge (they ended up nerfing the Yoda one a little tooooo much). But other than that, it forces you to build up a useful faction and develop a better roster to earn the toon, rather than just farming shards and more shards until you can get everyone to 5/6/7 stars. I'd rather have a useful faction, feel like I earned something and beat a challenging event than just farm shards and do nothing to the characters to get a new 7* while now those characters are just useless at g7/g8.

Also, this Ewok event was not nearly as RNG dependent as Chewie was. I did Chewie with zBoba, Dengar, Greedo, Ig88 and Cad Bane (3 g12s, g11 88, g10 cad) and it took like 600 tries. I did this ewok event with G9 Teebo Lead, g11 zWicket, g12 Elder, g11 Scout, and g11 Logray. Fewer gear levels overall, and it took like probably 10-20 tries to get a solid run in to win. Lower gear, fewer tries and a much more predictable battle than the Chewie event. And I didn't have the recommended lead for either event, but this one was far less painful.
  • I'm not a fan of the pre-loaded turn meter recently in legendaries I feel like they could find something less demoralizing and annoying to make it harder

@Boba_The_Fetter Read my comment just above yours. They didn't have pre-loaded turn meter in either the 3P0 event or the Chewi event. Complain about them being fast, having high offence/CC/CD or too much HP/amour if you think it's tuned at too high a difficulty. I just wish people would stop complaining about something that doesn't exist!
  • All of you can say whatever you want about this event and the last. The fact remains they have been absolutely garbage. They are not fun not one single bit. They are absolutely geared around being huge money sinks and investments. They are suppose to be ambushes these last two, yet we the players get beat up and destroyed before we can even take our turn on what was suppose to be us ambushing them. *Bad story/event telling worse the TLJ story* I have Elder, Zhirpa, Scout, Pap, Wicket all gs11 and i get beat to a absolute pulp. I have over 60%-100% tenacity on some and around 45%-60% armor. I seen HAN smash Pap for 45,000 crit damage. I never see them not landing a critical hit, or not landing the expose or stuns. The event is just F-ing garbage. The point of the game is to be fun, and a challenge except these two event's aren't a god **** challenge at all. They are all about not getting **** by the RNG. I personally feel like EA and the SWGOH staff really don't care about the player base. They keep making everything worse and things are not even fun. I really hope they re-evaluate how the treat the players and the game.As of now it is on a spiral downhill and I don't see a recovery unless things change.
  • All of you can say whatever you want about this event and the last. The fact remains they have been absolutely garbage. They are not fun not one single bit. They are absolutely geared around being huge money sinks and investments. They are suppose to be ambushes these last two, yet we the players get beat up and destroyed before we can even take our turn on what was suppose to be us ambushing them. *Bad story/event telling worse the TLJ story* I have Elder, Zhirpa, Scout, Pap, Wicket all gs11 and i get beat to a absolute pulp. I have over 60%-100% tenacity on some and around 45%-60% armor. I seen HAN smash Pap for 45,000 crit damage. I never see them not landing a critical hit, or not landing the expose or stuns. The event is just F-ing garbage. The point of the game is to be fun, and a challenge except these two event's aren't a god **** challenge at all. They are all about not getting **** by the RNG. I personally feel like EA and the SWGOH staff really don't care about the player base. They keep making everything worse and things are not even fun. I really hope they re-evaluate how the treat the players and the game.As of now it is on a spiral downhill and I don't see a recovery unless things change.

Check your mods then , cuz it’s not nowhere as bad as you claim.
  • jurian wrote: »
    I dont have paploo and Logray. i tried it with my G11 ewoks, arenamods, all 230+ speed and 1 zeta on chirpa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhsLmnz-rH4

In total i tried for more then 200 times, Tried variations with Teebo lead. Not a single change!!, all runs went exactly like the few runs i recorded..

@CG_SBCrumb Pls make this event a little bit less difficult and possible to achieve WITHOUT Logray and/or Paploo.

In the end of the day for the most off us this only brings us frustration.....

Sorry but your gameplay is pretty bad.
    Why when teebo die you just restart? He is not essential. You made lot of bad choices.
    Min 6:06 why out of the blue you just hit han? Maybe chewie could be killed right there...
    Other thing is sometimes you need to hide elder instead of using wicket's aoe because your elder often gets confuse and can't get stealth. Stack more tenacity.
    Sometimes you use teebo first special without need of much tm.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!

So have a peek at my swgoh.gg and give me a hand?

https://swgoh.gg/squads/128865/

That is my ewoks right now.

So have a peek at my swgoh.gg and give me a hand?

https://swgoh.gg/squads/128865/

That is my ewoks right now.

@Darth_Arefu Nice link, that’s handy lol, Just looking at that, I didn’t look at the mods themselves, you need to speed up paploo and EE, those two need to be faster,
  • I used teebo instead of scout , just what I had better built, But mine worked, took a couple tries, but tweaking the speeds up helped,
  • I been at this 528 times all of them have the same result no matter how fast they are.
  • Also EA please learn what the hell a Ambush by the player is. This is the second event you claimed our guys have the ambush on the event units. Yet they come into the battle with insane loaded turn meter and Destroy your units for 2-3 turns before you get 1. This is not us ambushing them. I think someone has dyslexia who designs these events.
  • @Darth_Arefu your wicket and Scout look modded well enough for speed, but you could do with a bit more on Elder, a good bit more on Paploo and a load more on chirpa. I’d consider speed and health sets on Elder and Chirpa. You also don’t have 3 x set bonuses on Elder with a random tenacity mod on there.

The part of the event that took me longest (using g11 zChirpa, g12 elder, g11 Paploo, g11 wicket, g11 logray) was ripping off my fastest mods from other toons and sticking them on the bears.

Once I’d done that, second attempt on full auto cleared 7* 3po.

Also, it’s been stated many times, they don’t have loaded TM. They are fast, yes, but they can only take 2/3 turns before you if yours are slow and / or get stunned / staggered.
  • Here’s the speeds I used to get it done...
    Used this team on Auto - cleared 7* on second attempt

Chirpa (zeta) g12 - Speed & Health mods, +121
    Elder g12 - Speed & Health mods, +112
    Logray g11 - Health mods, +106
    Paploo g11 - Potency and tenacity mods, +94
    Wicket g11 - CC & CD mods, +100

In the failed attempt I lost wicket early and EE was stunned, plus Chewy was stealthed.

Second attempt was easy on auto after Chewy died
  • Dropped a ton of money on Ewoks only to not come anywhere near where I need to be. Great job CG! Why pay to play when you’re just going to get the same insulting drop rates. What a joke! F2P from now on, probably on my way out. Devs too greedy and don’t even try to hid it. Shove your Christmas rewards.
  • I really enjoyed the Chewie event. No, I didn't get him first time around. But, those that did, laid the strategy. All you really need is zBossk and a good Dengar. These are both great characters and I'm glad to have them in my roster.
    On the other hand is the JTR event. Now this was terrible. All that wasted cantina energy for two toons I'll never gear.
    I can't speak to the 'woks because I don't have them. That being said, I'm farming Wicket anyway so it's good to see he'll at least have a bit of utility.
    I much prefer the new system.
  • I really enjoyed the Chewie event. No, I didn't get him first time around. But, those that did, laid the strategy. All you really need is zBossk and a good Dengar. These are both great characters and I'm glad to have them in my roster.
    On the other hand is the JTR event. Now this was terrible. All that wasted cantina energy for two toons I'll never gear.
    I can't speak to the 'woks because I don't have them. That being said, I'm farming Wicket anyway so it's good to see he'll at least have a bit of utility.
    I much prefer the new system.

Ewoks are good in tw and ga so they aren't a waste. They also do well in tb but since they aren't rebels, there are numerous non rebel teams that do the same and they don't help you field the two rebel teams plus platoons that are needed for some tb rounds.

So overall g12 muder bears aren't wasted.