The Logray problem

Replies

• Store refreshes are random, i see him disappear for awhile then show up 2-4 refreshes in a row.

He is definitely an annoying farm like other pure guild store(Jyn, Veers, Young Han, Dengar, special first order pilot and ship)
    If you save guild stoee currency you can get him but personally I'd rather get gear, ill get G11-G12 ewoks for the next run and should be good for 7* golden rod without Logray.
  • TVF wrote: »
    If you check at every store refresh, you'll be just fine.

Hopefully but it all depends on how long before 3PO returns. If hes a 2 month legendary a la Yoda or Palp I'll be in trouble. If 3 to 4 months I may be fine. I dont miss refreshes much though. Maybe once or twice a month.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I would plan on 2 to be safe but 3 is more likely.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Given that logery is a 1/6 chance of showing up and there are 4 refreshes a day. You can get an average of about 3.3shards a day with no refreshes. That's about 84 days to go from 3 star to 7 star if you have the currency and don't miss any. About the same as a hard node with no refreshes. Though slightly better since you get 3.3 shards a day rather than 2.6.

And like hard nodes, crystals can speed this up. For 200 crystals a day you can cut that in half.

So if you are at 3 stars and you want to make it, you probably have to spend some crystals. Though if you played the ewok event any, you probably have a star or two from that. So with focus it is possible.

But it's also possible to do it without logery.
  • i get logray, and TBH Dengar is in the same boat.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    We don't actually know if Logray is a 1/6 chance, different toons may have different odds of showing up.
  • I felt like the Jyn shards were never there when I was making my first Rancor solo team. They come in spurts, just always have 1K of coin on hand
    We don't actually know if Logray is a 1/6 chance, different toons may have different odds of showing up.

I think logery shares a node with 5 other toons. Some like yolo and stark get their own node so not all guild store toons are equally difficult.

But the 1/6 chance is likely since they have no reason to overly complicate it
  • If Logray is required to beat tier 7 of the C3P0 event, why is he a near impossible farm? I haven’t seen him in the guild store in two full weeks and there’s literally no way to farm him anywhere else.

Is the C3P0 event possible without Logray? My team will probably consist of Chief Chirpa, Elder, Paploo, Scout, and Teebo. Maybe Wicket but of course he’s on a 20 hard node.

I feel your pain. I think there are quite a few other toons sharing his spot so the farm will inevitably take a while. I've picked him up every time I've seen him since the start of the event and I've gone from 2 stars to 4 stars so far. I managed to get Dengar to 7* from scratch between Chewie events but I'm not feeling so confident on Logray.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • This game has always been about choices. Farm everything to 7* and gear them later when you’ll need them. Logray has been in the guild shop for a long while if I’m not mistaken.

It’s a horrible feeling to miss out or struggle on an event while your peers get toons that you’ll have to wait months for because your choices led you down a different road.

Farm everything to 7* then gear later. Do this everyday...and before you know it you’ll be glad you did. On the plus side....you’ll never miss an event when the time comes.
  • I took 9 months off from the game and never used any crystals on Logray or on any guild shop refreshes and I still had Logray at 7* before they even announced Ewoks would be needed for C3PO. There is no Logray "problem"...only people who made the choice to not farm Logray until Ewoks were announced for the C3PO event.
  • JabaDHung
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    **** No one else gets him on cantina node 7-C!??
  • I'm farming Ewoks for the C3P0 events return. I have a 7 star Logray already, but I need to get Paploo to 7 stars. Guess which character shows up at least once a day in my store? Yup, it's Logray. The past couple weeks Logray has shown up way more than Paploo. I hope things turn around for the original poster and myself.
  • I'm wondering if there's going to be some event that will explain why this character has apparently gone into the Witness Protection Program ever since the C3PO event.
  • JabaDHung wrote: »
    **** No one else gets him on cantina node 7-C!??

Isn’t cantina 7C Aurra’s node?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if there's going to be some event that will explain why this character has apparently gone into the Witness Protection Program ever since the C3PO event.

There won't because he hasn't.
  • I beat the event without Logray. Wasn't impossibly hard.
  • Another day....no Logray. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Freydwen wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat right now. I already decided to try to use scout instead of wicket because I don’t even have him unlocked yet. But if I can’t farm Logray in time for the next one I’ll be forced to use Teebo as well and that’s the worst possible team comp for this event...

I found Teebo really helpful in the event thanks to his TM removal and buff clearing

• If Logray is required to beat tier 7 of the C3P0 event, why is he a near impossible farm? I haven’t seen him in the guild store in two full weeks and there’s literally no way to farm him anywhere else.

Is the C3P0 event possible without Logray? My team will probably consist of Chief Chirpa, Elder, Paploo, Scout, and Teebo. Maybe Wicket but of course he’s on a 20 hard node.

Logray's farmable. I have him at 7* because he's been in the guild store for.... I don't even remember how long. Got to be eighteen months by now, right? If you're a fresh out of the box brand new player, then, sure, he takes patience. But if you've been around for any reasonable amount of time you should have him by now. Don't ignore characters until they're needed for something, get them when they're not needed for anything.

As for Wicket, don't forget the 10 shards a month from his event.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • c9rwfjoa7ddh.png
    Here is proof. He's back again in my store.
  • cfodder wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If you check at every store refresh, you'll be just fine.

Hopefully but it all depends on how long before 3PO returns. If hes a 2 month legendary a la Yoda or Palp I'll be in trouble. If 3 to 4 months I may be fine. I dont miss refreshes much though. Maybe once or twice a month.

I think you’ll be fine. Yoda and Palpatine are on a short rotation because they’ve been around so long. New legendaries get a longer rotation to give 1) players who got the legendary a chance to use them exclusively, and 2) players who didn’t get them to continue farming.

Keep at it and you’ll be fine!

Though I’d say a zeta Chirpa is more important than Logray. Logray doesn’t hurt in the least, but if you can’t unlock him you’ll still be okay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I buy both pablo and logray in guild store. never any other form of farming. Logray is now 6/100 pablo 61/100 there is obvius difference in spawn.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    c9rwfjoa7ddh.png

You'd better buy those Tusken Shaman shards
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • This is not to complain, but if you have one account, and you see a certain toon all the time, that doesn't mean someone else is getting the same rates. I have 2 accounts (1 guest and one login). Prior to Bossk, I was farming Dengar in both accounts for a time period. In one of my accounts I have him at 4 star + 14 shards. In the other I have yet to unlock him. Vice versa, same situation with Jyn Erso, 56 shards in one, 5 star +78 in the other.

I'm not promising I've farmed both the exact same, but both were definitely similar. I can't say that I checked both for every single refresh. I probably focus on farming the ones I wasn't making progress with. However, I 100% believe that some of us may get very different results with the same effort/focus.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Drop rates are account neutral.
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    c9rwfjoa7ddh.png

You'd better buy those Tusken Shaman shards

So what you're implying is that a Tusken rework is on the way and that it will lead to a legendary event and we should all start to panic farm Tuskens? I will do so immediately sir!

I think logery shares a node with 5 other toons. Some like yolo and stark get their own node so not all guild store toons are equally difficult.

But the 1/6 chance is likely since they have no reason to overly complicate it
    It's worth noting that the fleet store has very obvious commons and rares, Vader and his Tie Advanced for example are clearly lower drop rates than other items.

I don't think the guild store is set up that way but I have not watched it closely enough to say with the same confidence.
  • Yeah, i've been buying up Rex's arc for the past month whenever I see it. Problem is it very rarely comes up, and there's only 1 other ship on that node. There's definitely a rarity component to some nodes in fleet store, but that doesn't mean it's the same everywhere.