Priority for farming.

First: https://swgoh.gg/p/437848298/

I want to farm, mod and gear up the following factions. What faction is the most important right now?

-Bounty Hunters: Jango Fett, Dengar, IG-88 and Bossk once I have him unlocked. I'm not going to get Chewie this time around, but they are a good faction and I want to be prepared for Chewbacca next time.
-Old Ben and Luke Farm boy for CLS, I will get R2 7* next time he comes around.
-First order: I am farming FOO right now. Might farm KRU in the near future
-Resistance: They all need just a bit more work, I think I'll use a team of zFinn, Poe, RT, Rey and BB8 or RP. Also who would be better in that squad, BB8 or RP?
-Rogue One: Jyn, Cassian and K-2SO. Don't think this is a high priority but I have Chaze, so seems a logical choice.

So the question is, what faction is the most important for me now? Chewie will probably be gone for some time, but CLS or BB8 might be back very soon.
Thanks for any help, it's very much appreciated.

Replies

• Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    That’s way too much - your biggest priorities should be to sort out your Arena Rank and Fleet performance to get you more free crystals.

Fleet is easier as you have some reasonable ships! Pilots gear level is key - to unlock their Omega abilities you need G11+ Focus on getting Biggs, Slave 1 and Tie Advanced in particular to 7* and pilots to G12.

I’d suggest you focus on your Rebels and Jedi
    1. Complete your Phoenix Team - Hera & Kanan to 7* —> Unlock 7* Thrawn
    2. Farm Old Ben and Farmboy Luke - Gives you the requirements for CLS and another Decent Jedi.
    3. Farm Bastila and QGJ (QGJ is easier to complete and you want 5 7* jedi to get GMY at 7* ASAP)

Your Arena team targets (pick 1)
    • CLS, R2, Old Ben + 2 Rebels
    • zBastila (Initiative Zeta is so good), zGMY (Battle Meditation), Ezra, Old Ben and Kanan*

*Kanan will be replaced eventually.

As for Darkside
    1. Thrawn at 7* will improve your Empire
    2. BHunters - start farming Dengar ASAP if you want Chewie, also Prioritise Greedo and Cad Bane ahead of IG88 (who is a liability on Chewie team). Last spot should be Bossk (Farm after Bastila if you go for Jedi).

If you are after 7* Chewie the lineup above need to be G11+, zeta on Bossk and decent mods. As you can see this is not an easy target. You should also get in a Guild that’s farming Heroic Rancor and HAAT to get Han and GK to help both teams - they will boost both teams.
  • Your farming seems a little unfocused.

It looks like you need to construct a more viable arena team at least try to stay ranked above 1000.

Wedge, Biggs, Baze, Chirrut are good for light side battles and TB but not so much for the arena.

Bounty Hunters will do better in the arena under a Jango lead, Embo and Aurra for Sith Raid. If you want Chewie he’ll probably be back in April, G12 your Bounty Hunters, zBossk, Jango, Embo Dengar and Cad Bane/Boba/Aurra will make short work of that event.

But you’ll want CLS and Raid Han to go with Chewie, pop in R2 and C3PO or Leia and GK and you gotta pretty serious squad.

First Order with zKRU, FOO, FOX FOST, and Kylo/FOTP/Phasma are good for HAAT p2 and P4, can solo Rancor.

Resistance under Finn zeta is on hold until CG figures out what they are going to do, so don’t zeta him. He may be a dead character outside of getting JTR but we will see.

Get that 7* Thrawn
  • Both opinions are absolutely correct.

The easiest way to clear the way as the Shadowscream suggested is as follows.

With the yellow energy go after Luke Farmboy and the First-Order Tie Pilot and the first-order Stormtropper
    Coins of the Cantina buy Official of the first order
    With the energy of the canteen go back in the following order Hera, Old ben and Kylo unmasked.
    In the guild coins buy Old Ben and Luke Farmboy
    Arena finishes Kanan and in sequence for Admiral Ackbar.
    At the Naves Store Accelerate the First Order Pilot.
    In the guild event currencies, accelerate all of the above characters Priority to the fenix and then the CLS characters.

This is a basic plan for tidying up and finalizing events, although the CLS for you only in April. The work to clear your account continues, but the secret is to see where you can close a team of synergy without disturbing others.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Focus on Bounty Hunters for upcoming meta and Houndstooth for fleet.
    If you follow the now traditional Phoenix to Thrawn to..... Path you will find yourself forever chasing old meta.

Go Bounty Hunters with ships. Hard and now
  • That’s way too much - your biggest priorities should be to sort out your Arena Rank and Fleet performance to get you more free crystals.

Fleet is easier as you have some reasonable ships! Pilots gear level is key - to unlock their Omega abilities you need G11+ Focus on getting Biggs, Slave 1 and Tie Advanced in particular to 7* and pilots to G12.

I’d suggest you focus on your Rebels and Jedi
    1. Complete your Phoenix Team - Hera & Kanan to 7* —> Unlock 7* Thrawn
    2. Farm Old Ben and Farmboy Luke - Gives you the requirements for CLS and another Decent Jedi.
    3. Farm Bastila and QGJ (QGJ is easier to complete and you want 5 7* jedi to get GMY at 7* ASAP)

Your Arena team targets (pick 1)
    • CLS, R2, Old Ben + 2 Rebels
    • zBastila (Initiative Zeta is so good), zGMY (Battle Meditation), Ezra, Old Ben and Kanan*

*Kanan will be replaced eventually.

As for Darkside
    1. Thrawn at 7* will improve your Empire
    2. BHunters - start farming Dengar ASAP if you want Chewie, also Prioritise Greedo and Cad Bane ahead of IG88 (who is a liability on Chewie team). Last spot should be Bossk (Farm after Bastila if you go for Jedi).

If you are after 7* Chewie the lineup above need to be G11+, zeta on Bossk and decent mods. As you can see this is not an easy target. You should also get in a Guild that’s farming Heroic Rancor and HAAT to get Han and GK to help both teams - they will boost both teams.

I quit for about a year, that's why I'm a lot behind in both arenas. I am farming Kanan right now, and I can get Hera to 7* later. I am farming Old Ben now and I will be farming Farmboy Luke. After I'm done with FOO to 6* I'm going to farm QQJ. I though of my other jedi as Ezra, Kanan, Luminara (I know she's bad but I already have her at 7* and Old Ben, since I need him for CLS too). I'm gonna start farming Bastila very soon too.

For Arena I think I'm going to stay with Light Side, but I might plug in Thrawn or DN when he's ready.

For Dark Side I'm confident I will get Thrawn 7* next time. I am farming Dengar and Bossk and Jango, I have Boba and for the 5th I thought of IG-88, but maybe I will change to Cad Bane, since I don't have that much left to farm in GW store. My guild is farming Heroic Rancor and HAAT, I have about 100 shards for both of them.

Thanks for the help!
  • I figured I won't farm Rogue One right now, and will put a hold on Resistance.
    What team would you suggest for ship arena, I don't want to farm more than 2 or 3 new pilots if possible. Should I keep the Millennium Falcon in my team, because if I do I need to gear up Finn.
  • This is NOT exhaustive and just a few ideas:

If you are farming Bossk —> Hounds Tooth.
    • Best starting Trio = HTooth, Xanadu Blood, Ghost
    • Best 1st Reinforcement = Phantom (You Need Sabine though)
    • Best “last” Reinforcement = Landos Falcon
    • Best 2nd and 3rd Reinforcements = Tie Advanced, Slave 1

Alternate viable lineups
    • Biggs with Tie Silencer and TFP/Tie Advanced (Tie Silencer to Stun & 1 Target Lock ship)
    • 3 Geos.... (Synergy + DPS)

Under-rated starter ship - Jedi Consular’s ship - keeps Biggs/Sun Fac in the fight with his Assist attack.