Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Ally code 491-727-353
  • KahVen03 wrote: »
    In all previous GA’s, the number of slots visible from the main screen indicated the number of deployable defensive squads.
    Going off of this, I deployed 4 defensive teams. Then, come the attack phase, I notice my opponent has 5 defensive teams, leaving me at a 90-145 point deficit from the start, almost guaranteeing my loss.

Then I saw the very tiny “5/5” on the top right side of my opponent’s side.

Is there a better way to show the number of deployable slots that isn’t missleading?

olt875siuhjg.png

I did the same thing and know a lot of others that did as well.. I posted above on it also.
  • I think it’s a bug, I deployed 5 defensive squads even though it showed 4 available slots.....my opponent only deployed 4....so it was an easy and unfair round.
  • People who don’t set any defense should not be allowed to attack. My opponent didn’t set any defense because he thinks he doesn’t have a chance at beating me which means I have no chance at working on my active quests. Meanwhile he still gets to attack me and work on fulfilling his quests.
  • Anyone else always have to face a player with 20+ more gear 12 characters every single time in the grand arena? It's impossible to win.
  • BanDurr wrote: »
    Anyone else always have to face a player with 20+ more gear 12 characters every single time in the grand arena? It's impossible to win.

I am on the other end of the spectrum and am loving it!
  • ShortShaft wrote: »
    14 teams of 5? SOOOOOOOOO DUMB

The whole GA is dumb. Least favourite event ever, it’s slow and drags on for days. Match ups should be based on 80% of your best toons and ignore the dross. But most of all it’s just boring.

While I do agree with you that they may be too drawn out, that is about your only valid complaint. If you had built your roster differently you wouldn't be mad at the current matchmaking and would probably enjoy it more. Also, I like the extremely vague solution your provided as well. 80% of your best toons? how would that algorithm work? Think before you post...
  • BanDurr wrote: »
    My bug is that every opponent I face has 25 more gear 12 characters than I do. Makes no sense. Please fix.

The only thing to fix is your roster.
  • Edwardoo wrote: »
    I think it’s a bug, I deployed 5 defensive squads even though it showed 4 available slots.....my opponent only deployed 4....so it was an easy and unfair round.

The "number of available slots it shows" is not the number of holograms, but the "X/X" number at the top. It's been the same for every GA so far.

Players should only make that mistake "once" - and then after that they should naturally pay more attention to the number at the top. If they're inattentive enough to repeatedly make the same mistake, you'd probably win anyway.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Edwardoo wrote: »
    I think it’s a bug, I deployed 5 defensive squads even though it showed 4 available slots.....my opponent only deployed 4....so it was an easy and unfair round.

Not a bug, just poor visual design.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    In all previous GA’s, the number of slots visible from the main screen indicated the number of deployable defensive squads.
    Going off of this, I deployed 4 defensive teams. Then, come the attack phase, I notice my opponent has 5 defensive teams, leaving me at a 90-145 point deficit from the start, almost guaranteeing my loss.

Is there a better way to show the number of deployable slots that isn’t missleading?

At higher GP levels the number of slots visible has been fewer than the number of squads playable pretty much from the word go.

I can empathise, partially with people making this mistake. Find it weird that it’s still happening though. There are hundreds of forum posts about it.
  • At higher GP levels the number of slots visible has been fewer than the number of squads playable pretty much from the word go.

I can empathise, partially with people making this mistake. Find it weird that it’s still happening though. There are hundreds of forum posts about it. [/quote]

I hear what you’re saying. And someone else mentioned this should only happen to anyone once, and this is the first time for me. I think I’m just on the fence for moving from the lower GP’s who see equal numbers and the higher GP’s that you’re talking about. Also with the change in format every time it increases the chances that only occasionally will the slots available differ from the number of holograms seen.
    E.G. this is the first time I’ve seen 5 squads for a single zone.
  • Maybe people should carefully read first it's not hard to see 0/5 and then place 5 teams.
  • I ran into an issue... this is about GA. I set full D all 6 squads and 1 ship(940pts). . My opponent only set his ship .it gave him 100pts. I have no1 2 attack 2 gain points except his ships(which I cant beat). Now he had his whole roster 2 use agaisnt my D. He beat all my teams 1 shot except 1 , giving him 942 pts... by not setting D he beat me, only a ship squad, which kept him alive 2 attack
  • I ran into an issue... this is about GA. I set full D all 6 squads and 1 ship(940pts). . My opponent only set his ship .it gave him 100pts. I have no1 2 attack 2 gain points except his ships(which I cant beat). Now he had his whole roster 2 use agaisnt my D. He beat all my teams 1 shot except 1 , giving him 942 pts... by not setting D he beat me, only a ship squad, which kept him alive 2 attack
    Make sure you send in a ticket on this. While within the current structure, I doubt this is what they want to see happen. Fixes seem pretty easy too.

• I sent one, but they probably dont care...they keep switching the format up
  • ShortShaft wrote: »
    14 teams of 5? SOOOOOOOOO DUMB

The whole GA is dumb. Least favourite event ever, it’s slow and drags on for days. Match ups should be based on 80% of your best toons and ignore the dross. But most of all it’s just boring.

While I do agree with you that they may be too drawn out, that is about your only valid complaint. If you had built your roster differently you wouldn't be mad at the current matchmaking and would probably enjoy it more. Also, I like the extremely vague solution your provided as well. 80% of your best toons? how would that algorithm work? Think before you post...

This would be a more valid argument if you didn't immediately precede it by saying you're loving being mismatched against people who can't possibly beat you. You're also overlooking all the people who are complaining that their opponent doesn't set any defense, which they do because they can't possibly win against such a mismatched team. So there ARE people like you who are mad at the current matchmaking and aren't enjoying it.

And, frankly, it's easy to refine the matchmaking algorithm the way the person you're dismissing so snootily suggests. Only count the GP of the 75, 80, however-many-needed, highest powered characters on a player's roster.

And cut out that "fix your roster" bullcorn. We can't fix our roster. There's no way of ungearing, de-leveling, and removing ability levels for characters. We built our rosters to help our guild with territory wars and battles and now we're being punished for it. So knock it off with the "Well *I*'m doing fine" nonsense that's predicated on selfishness anyway.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

olt875siuhjg.png

I did the same thing and know a lot of others that did as well.. I posted above on it also.

Totally agree. For my last two Grand Arena events, I was allowed to place 4 defensive squads and my opponent was allowed to place 7. That meant that I began the event with 270 banner deficit. While not impossible to prevail, it is mathematically very unlikely. Even if I was able to defeat my opponent squads with very respectable high 50s-banner-wins, I would still lose if my opponent even had (pretty lame) 30-banner wins. Here is the math

My opponent starts with 7 x 90 squad banners = 630
    I start with 4 x 90 squad banners = 360

I win all 7 matches with 55 banners = 385 + my 360 banners of defense = 745
    My opponent wins all 4 matches with 30 banners = 120 + 630 banners of their defense = 750

@EA: That's a terrible player experience. Winning at 7 defensive squads nearly flawlessly seems to me to be a heck of a lot more challenging than winning 4 defensive squads with mediocre performance. Why should I even play if my opponent shows wins on my 4 defensive squads if they placed 7 squads??? There is no way I can prevail...and I don't think a lousy 100G is worth playing squads just to lose the event.

EA, you really need to let players know how many squads your opponent can place prior to the match. This is pretty important information to strategy if there can be this much disparity in how many defensive squads can be placed. Either that or simply match the opponents more fairly. My 2 cents.

• 644-699-973
    What the heck? There are 4 spots so I put 4 teams. Now I see that there should have been 5 like my opponent put down. No way I can win now.
    There were 3 spots last time so I put 3 teams. Now it changed to 4 spots but 5 teams??? That's ridiculous.

yo7upwalssaa.jpg
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    How does this keep happening to people lol
  • My opponent didn’t set any defence, I thought the game now does this automatically if they didn’t?
  • Just fought someone who only placed 1 ship fleet as D (and a 7* Hounds tooth at that), it's a load of crock and CG you need to fix this - give us the sector clear points if they don't put any D in it to stop this tactic.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • In round 1 I placed a full defence, including my best fleet. My opponent placed no defence and attacked only my fleet, killing all but 2 ships. My defence untested, I decided to leave it to auto-deploy the same defence for round 2. My squads deployed the same, but my fleet deployed completely differently. Instead of the 3 ships that I set as active from the start, I have the 2 that survived in the last round +1.

It seems that instead of auto-deploying the same fleet that I set last round, it has deployed the ships that were still active at the end of the round, and then put the rest into the remaining slots. This has resulted in my team being completely messed up and my defence being badly weakened.

3 of my best reinforcements are deployed from the start, and my best starting lineup (who don’t have upgraded reinforcement abilities) are in as reinforcements.
  • I make an attack and get a game error requiring a restart. When I come back I see that it has registered one attack against my opponents team (no first clear bonus). Even worse I see that my offense team is counted as being used.

Why punish the player for bad coding? I understand that these penalties were made to prevent people from force disconnecting during a territory war.

Is it really that difficult for you guys to tell the difference between a force disconnect by the player and a mandatory restart that was initiated by your program?

Really simple solution: If the restart is generated by the game, don't penalize the player.
  • DarkGod
    38 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I only have errors in your GrandArena. @CG_SBCrumb
    Shutdown's and Restart's after fight...
    victories did not count in the han quest.
    Does anyone care about CG? No, thank you for supporting us players!
    btw Had with JTR a fight against a Palpi / Vader team and now explain to me why his Vader without protection and health is not dying?
  • My Ally Code: 143-873-312
    Opponent has 5 defensive teams set in a 4 spot zone
    ipmys9ruynn9.png
  • The ‘spots’ are just a visual. They’re not representative of how many squads you can deploy. If your opponent set 5 then you can set 5. This is a very common mistake that people are making.
  • The GA demo showed 2 circles in a zone & 2 squads were needed, encouraging the idea that the circles are meaningful
    I now see 1 circle bottom & 1 Fleet ✅
    but top zone is 4 circles & 6 squads ❌
    This misinformation can be fixed in part by removing those circles where they don’t match the number of squads. This should encourage players to LOOK for the number of squads, now that we know where to look.
    A bigger improvement could be to have embossed on the floor of the zone a large number to show how many squads are required, this number evaporating at some time after deployment.