Nightsister Acolyte/zombie

When doing galactic i always get stuck with a Night sister team that a crush quick i kill the Daku and talzin and Asajj but i get stuck with the Acolyte and Zombie in a never ending 30 minute cycle of the Acolyte staying stealth the whole time and the zombie rezzing a million times the Acolyte by her self picks off my full 5 man team at full health because i can not attack her my aoes dont do enough damage to take her down before she self heals so i sit there just getting picked off one by one for 30 mins ... Is this a bug or do we honestly have to kill 100 night sisters from rezzes to win i mean its no longer 5 on 5 its 5 on 100. They basicly get a win from a cheese mechanic that allows the Acolyte to stay stealth the whole time with only the zombie alive keeping you taunted, and you sit there on a never ending loop till the acolyte picks you off one by one, its already hard enough that you have to kill Daku basically 3 times to kill her.

Replies

• It's a cheese mechanic for sure, but still beatable with some strategy (and the right toons ofc). If you can't beat them in 5min, you can't beat them in 500min unless you change your strategy.
  • There are many strategies to beat the Zombie/Acolyte cheese. I find the most effective is using emperor Palpatine lead with Sion on your team - Sion can dispel buffs then you can use palpatine to shock acolyte so she can't gain stealth.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • yea i think i will have to reverse the order i fight them with sucks i have to use two teams to beat them , i used my emp team first and got wasted fast without being able to kill a single one cause of the constant rezzes , then i switched to my jedi team of Bastila, Yoda, ezra, obwon, and the jedi tank from phoenix , was able to get them all down with no problems till just the zombie and acolyte was left. So next time ill use jedi first till i get killed , then blast it with my emp team which is Emp, Vadar, tarkin, tie fighter, and trawn.
  • its just stupid with the constent rezzing from the zombie you basically not fighting 5 on 5 but like 5 on 10 or more.
  • dont have scion yet so thats not in my line of statagies ...one day ill have him but i just unlocked the ability to farm him today. but first working on finishing bastila only need 30 more shards. then i can work the rest of kotor toons , then back to scion
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    my strategy for beating them in arena is just not to fight them i skip them by fighting all the jedi bastila lead teams that dont have her zeta'd ..to me its kinda unfair advantage fighting them cause you practically arent fighting 5 on 5 but more 5 on 10 if not more. At least at my power level and the toons i have at my disposal even a low level sister team with a fat zombie ends up winning against me , maybe one day ill be able to beat them but even with my current teams my strategy doesn't work. With my emp team gear 10 Vader gear 10 emp , and gear 9 tarkin , trawn and tie fighter they end up killing me before i can get one down , because of the taunts from the zombie keeping me locked and the rezes , i use the common strat of daku first (3 kills) while trying to lock the zombie at -200 but assja is just going to unlock it and i end up having to race to get daku down if i can but i mostly fail and get wiped ...my Jedi team can get through daku talsin, and assja easy but gets stuck behind the zombie/steath acolyte combo and losses i win about 10% of the time if for some odd reason her basic doesnt stealth her but 90% of the time she just stays stealth while i bang my head on the zombie watching her take out my team one by one . if for some odd reason the sister team doesnt have the acolyte then i win.
  • If you're losing with your emp team, retreat and try to use different moves, or slightly different line-up untill you get a favourable result.
    B2 works wonders if you're facing zombi+acolyte, due to the buff immunity acolyte can't go into stealth and you're not forced to keep hitting zombi who will revive indefinately as long as acolyte is alive.
  • Same goes for TFP on an Empire Team, mass buff immunity works great against those two.
  • i dont have B2 so will have to figure it out with TFP might just have to increase my gear level more before i stand a chance
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    ... my aoes dont do enough damage to take her down before she self heals ...

You obviously know what the shortcoming of your team is. It's obviously here, you need to improve to beat the NS team (or make sure that the acolyte doesn't stealth)
  • Correct me if I am wrong, but if the only two left are zombie and acolyte, won't killing the zombie after she has the -2 undispellable debuff kill her for good? So at worst if she has the +2 undispellable buff you kill her 5 times and she is gone permanently.
  • No she's just frozen at 0 speed. Can kill her a hundred times.
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong, but if the only two left are zombie and acolyte, won't killing the zombie after she has the -2 undispellable debuff kill her for good? So at worst if she has the +2 undispellable buff you kill her 5 times and she is gone permanently.

nope like vendi says can kill her 100 times and shes there at 0 speed and with acolyte stealth thats the only one you can attack , you have to hope that the acolyte stealth chance fails which is almost never cause it has a 90% chance of success or that the team you where using in galatic war has the AOE to down her while shes stealth which my jedi team didnt only Master Yoda had the aoe to target her and when he did she just healed back up before his next AOE became available. I literally sat for 30 mins beating my head on the zombie with her sitting in stealth the whole time picking me off 1 by 1.

• ZoeyMara wrote: »
    I literally sat for 30 mins beating my head on the zombie with her sitting in stealth the whole time picking me off 1 by 1.
    Never sit for 30 mins beating your Zombie. It's not healthy. :D
  • I ran into this problem for the first time, and it's super annoying. This was in Galactic War, so there was no timer to run out, and GoH has no way to quit a match. Gave up after letting it sit for over 10 minutes.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    mrbofus wrote: »
    I ran into this problem for the first time, and it's super annoying. This was in Galactic War, so there was no timer to run out, and GoH has no way to quit a match. Gave up after letting it sit for over 10 minutes.

You can retreat from battle. Many players do this in GW, if the battle begins to go bad for them. Press that cog wheel in the upper left corner of your screen to access the feature.
  • stupid mechanic is stupid.
    ... way to make the game un-fun
  • Reviving this thread for question - I faced a 3v3 with Ventress lead and Acolyte/Zombie. Failed to win because ACOLYTE revived twice (and of course Zombie it’s multiple times). I skimmed thru kits and didn’t see why Acolyte revived - did I miss something or bug?
  • NaFakCha wrote: »
    Reviving this thread for question - I faced a 3v3 with Ventress lead and Acolyte/Zombie. Failed to win because ACOLYTE revived twice (and of course Zombie it’s multiple times). I skimmed thru kits and didn’t see why Acolyte revived - did I miss something or bug?

Zombie's Undying Sacrice unique. First two times you kill another NS, Zombie dies instead and that NS is revived.
  • Take another look at zombie’s kit.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    vl4iguem78iw.jpg
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    NaFakCha wrote: »
    Reviving this thread

Well played.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    You missed the part where zombie will die twice instead of the defeated NS. You have to kill someone else beside zombie for the death to stick, best to kill old Daka at this point to prevent rezzes.

ETA: I realize you're not facing OD, just wanted to point it out for those times when you will.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.