Tank Raid Gear

Is it just me and RNG, or do others seem to get a ton of gear that they already have and don't need from HAAT?

We have a couple heavy hitters in our guild that love the raids, so it's not likely I'll ever score top 3, but I'm consistently in the top 10, usually right around 7th. The gear box is the same for 4th-10th, so I'm getting as good as anyone who isn't in the top 3, and yet I get very little I can use.

Sure, I get about 14-16 gold component/prototype every time, and it's not like you ever have too many of them, but the purple gear has been stacking up for months and even the gold gear reward seems, well, lackluster.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just me?

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    It's not just you, this has been brought up a lot. I usually finish in the top 3 and most times it's junk. Occasionally I get something good.

Do it for the currency (and GK shards if still needed) and any gear is a bonus.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Haat raid gear rewards are pretty useless.
    1st place is suck!!

In my experience, 3rd~6th place’s gear rewards ard better than 1st. (Rancor AAT)
  • Thanks you two.

I do do the raid, and I do enough to finish top 10. It's all about the Guild Tokens right now. I'm doing okay with credits (though I never turn down more!), and I don't need any GK - he's starred, leveled and geared as of a long time ago now. So I do it for the GT, and I'm glad for the GT, I just was wondering if I was the only one who though the gear was (mostly) useless.

It feels good to know I've got company, at least.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I don't get this so much with the tank; I actually get fully crafted stuff I can actually use pretty often. I do place in top 3 most of the time, so I guess that probably helps.

Rancor, on the other hand, seems to give me MkV Fusion Furnace salvage almost every time. I have hundreds of the stupid things.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I want your luck @Jarvind as I said I mostly get junk for top 3.

I hear you on the furnaces though, right now I have almost 600 salvage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yup, I just checked the Haat rewards, and there is currently not a single piece of gear across any of the reward tiers that is needed by any of my current favorites (mostly OR toons and Sith Empire toons between T7 and T10.) GT is nice, but would love usable gear out of the raid. I actually need a lot of what drops from the Pit.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I don't get this so much with the tank; I actually get fully crafted stuff I can actually use pretty often. I do place in top 3 most of the time, so I guess that probably helps.

Rancor, on the other hand, seems to give me MkV Fusion Furnace salvage almost every time. I have hundreds of the stupid things.

Wow how can you ever get enough mk5 furnaces ???
  • @Dk_rek
    Wow how can you ever get enough mk5 furnaces ???

It happened to me for a while. Working on BH. They used a couple furnaces, but not too many. Meanwhile they used a lot of Mk6 Hypos, so when I was way down on hypos compared to furnaces, you could say I had a surplus.

I still had toons waiting for a furnace, of course, but it wasn't the furnace salvage that was holding me back. I assume that's what's Jarvind is writing about. Then again, maybe they already have 5M gp.