C3P0 Nerf or not??

15678911Next

Replies

• Awesomite wrote: »
    In addition, changing threepio will just cause a wave of refunds which is not what CG/EA wants.

refunds? lol. Besides, there are ways to nerf c3p0 that would only screw over his interaction with the finn zeta lead, fixing his problem within arena, the HAAT, and the sith raid. Simply make it so that the cooldown of oh my goodness cannot be reduced.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Awesomite wrote: »
    In addition, changing threepio will just cause a wave of refunds which is not what CG/EA wants.

refunds? lol. Besides, there are ways to nerf c3p0 that would only screw over his interaction with the finn zeta lead, fixing his problem within arena, the HAAT, and the sith raid. Simply make it so that the cooldown of oh my goodness cannot be reduced.

No thank you. TopHat already said (on reddit lol) that they have no problem with him soloing the HAAT since it's older content similar to the Rancor, and they shouldn't be messing with a Revan counter in arena that is WAI. I've seen nothing from them to indicate there's anything not WAI other than in STR P3.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm sure it's been said but modify Heroic P3 Traya such that she is immune to expose when toppled. The only collateral damage would be JTR teams in P3, but I'm not sure anyone is actually running those. It's always felt like a fools errand whenever I've tried it.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    What if they just add a sim button to the P3 phase? Problem solved. P3 is overrated anyways.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »
    What if they just add a sim button to the P3 phase? Problem solved. P3 is overrated anyways.

There is one already, it's called "auto.". That's what they are going to fix.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think he will be untouched. The easiest thing to do is change Traya in the raid.

Agree. If I'm not mistaken, this is the 3rd loop associated with Phase 3. I believe originally it was ST Han, then Critolyte and now this. Plus we saw a NS nerf. I'd say the real issue is in the raid itself.

Whatever they do, I'd say do it soon.
    Stormtrooper Han loop only worked in phase 4. Unbreakable Will + Bonds of weakness gave you unlimited turns

EDIT: P4 Traya also lacked an AOE

No, Stormtrooper Han loop worked in p3. People were using Asajj, Talia, Acolyte, Tampa, and ST Han to get huge scores when the raid first came out, because of the TM removal on Traya and TM gains from ST Han taking damage each turn while taunting.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    I think he will be untouched. The easiest thing to do is change Traya in the raid.

Agree. If I'm not mistaken, this is the 3rd loop associated with Phase 3. I believe originally it was ST Han, then Critolyte and now this. Plus we saw a NS nerf. I'd say the real issue is in the raid itself.

Stormtrooper Han loop only worked in phase 4. Unbreakable Will + Bonds of weakness gave you unlimited turns

EDIT: P4 Traya also lacked an AOE

No, Stormtrooper Han loop worked in p3. People were using Asajj, Talia, Acolyte, Tampa, and ST Han to get huge scores when the raid first came out, because of the TM removal on Traya and TM gains from ST Han taking damage each turn while taunting.
    Neat. I was unaware of the loop being effective in P3, that NS or Vader lead makes sense
  • Some fix needs to be done - but zFinn has been a stable for a LONG time now. A long time, great investment in a zeta. He's a great jump start for new players to become effective quickly. I have all the new toons (except Revann) so I don't want to see any nerfs on what I invested in to get C3PO either.

I'd like to see a very light touch on this one from CG.

Sadly, they tend to come in with a giant warhammer and just smash everything up and change it wholesale.... *le sigh*
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Why wasn’t C3P0 tested better before release?
    It’s not a complicated question to answer. It’s quite easy....

Because every other time they have released broken toons/content without proper testing, we still paid for it. And we paid for the next thing, and the thing after that. Their bottom line was not affected in any noticeable way by releasing a broken toon. So why would they pour more money/energy/time into testing?

Why don’t you pay half of your own salary to someone to proof read your emails before you send them? Because doing so would cost you money and you wouldn’t get paid anymore for doing so. Your boss is ok with the occasional typo that you make, it isn’t really a problem. So it isn’t worth your money to fix a problem that doesn’t exist.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »

Critolyte was a phase 4 team, and it could take out nhilus.

Incorrect. Critolyte was a P3 team that could solo the phase with in infinite loop. This is, indeed, the third solo squad we have seen for P3.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    When they nerf/change something, then it's gone be zfinn lead (finally)

5 Month later ;)