Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• I still don't see the love affair with this mode. It's terrible rewards for the amount of effort it takes. It's forced if you want to keep pace every where else in the game, because it gives materials you need to keep up. And it introduces modes that are purely to have active players test their ideas so they can save on internal testing.

I mean people complained that GW ate up an hour of your life each day, but you are okay with that if it's under the guise of a Grand Arena? And this is on top of the planning your Arena payouts, keeping up with guild events, and panic farming whatever this months new content is.

Just how much time do you desire to spend glued to your phone killing the same 7-10 teams in hopes you win with slightly more hp and shields than your opponent so you can get a bit better rewards because ties would break the game and give out... to much rewards.

You want people to play fully? take away the rewards and make it purely for fun. Then you won't have to worry about the half of the players feeling forced into a dreadful recreation of TW so they can keep pace with the game.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kithryn wrote: »
    I still don't see the love affair with this mode. It's terrible rewards for the amount of effort it takes. It's forced if you want to keep pace every where else in the game, because it gives materials you need to keep up. And it introduces modes that are purely to have active players test their ideas so they can save on internal testing.

I mean people complained that GW ate up an hour of your life each day, but you are okay with that if it's under the guise of a Grand Arena? And this is on top of the planning your Arena payouts, keeping up with guild events, and panic farming whatever this months new content is.

Just how much time do you desire to spend glued to your phone killing the same 7-10 teams in hopes you win with slightly more hp and shields than your opponent so you can get a bit better rewards because ties would break the game and give out... to much rewards.

You want people to play fully? take away the rewards and make it purely for fun. Then you won't have to worry about the half of the players feeling forced into a dreadful recreation of TW so they can keep pace with the game.

It's the mod I enjoy the most despite the shortcomings like matchmaking system and reward structure (both lackluster and doesn't have tiers for different GPs). I can say I'm having a blast with it and make my all future progression converging on it. In this way I'd say all else in the game are the burden I have to endure to reach here. It's extremely subjective I guess.
  • Kithryn wrote: »
    I still don't see the love affair with this mode. It's terrible rewards for the amount of effort it takes. It's forced if you want to keep pace every where else in the game, because it gives materials you need to keep up. And it introduces modes that are purely to have active players test their ideas so they can save on internal testing.

Replace grand arena with any existing game mode in swgoh and your post is still true (except the reward part, but since i think ga rewards are awesome i ignored it).
    It’s just about what you like. I love ga, my favorite mode now with tw not far behind. On the other side i hate the str with every fiber of my being. Every run is just an horrible experience, full of frustration, disgust and overall tilt, but i feel obligated to do it (literally everyday, takes way longer than ga too) because 1 i fall behind if i don’t and 2 i owe it to my guild.

Ga is just another game mode. Some people will love it, some will hate it, most will be in the middle.
  • It’s good someone is enjoying it. To me, it’s just a lot of mismatches. Sometime it helps me, sometimes it hurts me, but the battles are pointless, as anyone can look at the rosters and see what the outcome will be.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dave12 wrote: »
    It’s good someone is enjoying it. To me, it’s just a lot of mismatches. Sometime it helps me, sometimes it hurts me, but the battles are pointless, as anyone can look at the rosters and see what the outcome will be.

What do you think will be the outcome?
    b7o7mpsikvy8.png
  • I'd love GA and the way how it's fairly matched. I meet people with revan teams which i beat not having Jrt even. Thats pure strategy and the way how you build your rooster and how you mod it. It's not problem if i meet someones better on arena, thats how life works, i even enjoy when i losing because it shows me my weak points on which i need to work. Also love this part when you can see if your opponent is wolf or sheep. Sheep who has more zetas and g12 will loose, when weaker wolf is hard opponent. Great job, not perfect but as mobile game you did something unique. GJ!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    No_Try wrote: »
    It’s good someone is enjoying it. To me, it’s just a lot of mismatches. Sometime it helps me, sometimes it hurts me, but the battles are pointless, as anyone can look at the rosters and see what the outcome will be.

b7o7mpsikvy8.png
    You have more g12 he doesn't stand a chance

what a horrible matchmaking
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Alinoe wrote: »
    Thats pure strategy and the way how you build your rooster and how you mod it.

Ah, my favorite aspect of the game.. Building a rooster.. Lol!
    🐓
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

b7o7mpsikvy8.png

Twice the amount of +10s and twice g11s don't matter, 4 more g12s will decide it? xD
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

b7o7mpsikvy8.png

Twice the amount of +10s and twice g11s don't matter, 4 more g12s will decide it? xD

Guess it all depends which rooster is better then 😆
    🐓
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah, that too. Wasn’t it active for at least one of the seasons?

I think it was active for one of the events but there were bugs so they deactivated it. Not positive on that though.

oz2ekxh97i63.png

The struggle is real
  • I’m just going to go on record as someone who came into GA extremely skeptical of the matchmaking algorithm, that I’ve been (mostly) pleasantly surprised by how it has worked out. I was worried that we were going to see matchups with people whose rosters were just all over the place in terms of development, and lots of big mismatches. In practice, in a group of 8, there’s usually 6-7 people all clustered together in terms of development, and 1-2 who are far above or far below. That could and should be improved, but I expected much worse.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gannon wrote: »

b7o7mpsikvy8.png

Guess it all depends which rooster is better then 😆
    🐓

Rosters were similar. It was by far the hardest match I made. In the end gameplay and timing strategies decided the outcome by 4 banners. I meant to say even with horrible matchmaking the outcomes may not be so obvious sometimes.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

b7o7mpsikvy8.png

That's what I've been told repeatedly
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I’m just going to go on record as someone who came into GA extremely skeptical of the matchmaking algorithm, that I’ve been (mostly) pleasantly surprised by how it has worked out. I was worried that we were going to see matchups with people whose rosters were just all over the place in terms of development, and lots of big mismatches. In practice, in a group of 8, there’s usually 6-7 people all clustered together in terms of development, and 1-2 who are far above or far below. That could and should be improved, but I expected much worse.
    O
    Your right it could be worse but 24+ G12 char difference when only using 6 teams thats absurd

I agree it could be worse tho and rewards are staggered and meh.... ( tho the 12 modulators for winning is sweet). I think ppl underestimate how much their 6* mods have come along since GA inception that the biggest positive so far for me
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I’m just going to go on record as someone who came into GA extremely skeptical of the matchmaking algorithm, that I’ve been (mostly) pleasantly surprised by how it has worked out. I was worried that we were going to see matchups with people whose rosters were just all over the place in terms of development, and lots of big mismatches. In practice, in a group of 8, there’s usually 6-7 people all clustered together in terms of development, and 1-2 who are far above or far below. That could and should be improved, but I expected much worse.
    O
    Your right it could be worse but 24+ G12 char difference when only using 6 teams thats absurd

I agree it could be worse tho and rewards are staggered and meh.... ( tho the 12 modulators for winning is sweet). I think ppl underestimate how much their 6* mods have come along since GA inception that the biggest positive so far for me

I don't underestimate my 6* mod growth. It's the only reason I actually try in GA
    3xvqukg8qabm.png
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

b7o7mpsikvy8.png

That's what I've been told repeatedly

No idea what you are talking about.
  • What just happened? What does that mean..."review 2 days 23 hours"? Is it over?
  • What just happened? What does that mean..."review 2 days 23 hours"? Is it over?

The second round just ended and you have three days to review it. Third round setup has started.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Correction...disregard my lack of patience questions...lol. Not that I was sitting there watching the GA on the edge of my seat waiting for my next match up...I wouldn't do that...😉
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Correction...disregard my lack of patience questions...lol. Not that I was sitting there watching the GA on the edge of my seat waiting for my next match up...I wouldn't do that...😉

I was waiting impatiently for those mod parts to slice another 6* tbh lol
    set9g1378vjq.png
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I got a suggestion, though I know it will be ignored since the "feedback forums" are mostly ignored, but why not change GA to be:

four day event. First day you place defences down. Next 3 days those defences are your defences for all battles.

Since our toons are locked anyway and most of the time the defences we set first are the same we set throughout the whole thing.

It would mean more actual battling, and the seven day event would only be four days for the same outcome that was going to happen regardless since matchmaking is what determines who wins this.

Though I guess it has to be five days since we need a preview day.

But can at least cut out 48 pointless hours.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    I got a suggestion, though I know it will be ignored since the "feedback forums" are mostly ignored, but why not change GA to be:

four day event. First day you place defences down. Next 3 days those defences are your defences for all battles.

Since our toons are locked anyway and most of the time the defences we set first are the same we set throughout the whole thing.

It would mean more actual battling, and the seven day event would only be four days for the same outcome that was going to happen regardless since matchmaking is what determines who wins this.

Though I guess it has to be five days since we need a preview day.

But can at least cut out 48 pointless hours.

Cool idea. But the defenses I set differs each time customed to my opponent. I would be for your suggestion to be a variety amongst other GAs, but not the norm.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I'm just glad we're finally getting back to TW
  • Definitely not liking how this sounds. TW was always my least favorite part of the game and this sounds like they may have made it even worse
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    148 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Gannon wrote: »
    Alinoe wrote: »
    Thats pure strategy and the way how you build your rooster and how you mod it.

Ah, my favorite aspect of the game.. Building a rooster.. Lol!
    🐓

ha ha ha ha....🤣
    Well my grandfather raised rosters, but not to fight.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Without any more information, the one with the far faster mods will win, the one on the right.

• Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Kind of. Revised TW is looking more GA-ish lol. I’d rather see TW be a consistent competition between guilds while GA is their creative playground.

Yup. I spoke too soon..
    😩