Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I don’t like the idea of disabling a single toon but this was the idea that the community wanted “Can we ban Traya from TW she just got released two months ago and only 1% have it”

“Can we ban Revan? No point in playing since other guild has 10 Revans and we have none”

CG went ridiculously over the top with the idea

I hope both sides can now shut up about banning specific toons after this
  • Hey CG.....

hjeof5q1hkax.gif
  • Ok so just so I am clear - We get an entire month of Tw shenanigans with ridiculous buffs- followed by a month of no TWs. Then as a reward for all of that we get a month of TWs where we can't use half of the toons we've been farming for the last year?

Not to he crass- but this is a kitten slap in the face to every TW focused guild playing at a high level. We have been doing nothing but farm specific toons for TW for the last year (between the panic farms every 2 weeks anyway) and now we won't be able to field most of the teams we've farmed.

I rarely get riled up enough to post here but this complete bull-kitten. Tw is the only reason I play this game and you are turning it into a kitten-fest.

How about you fix raid rewards or matchmaking instead of messing with the good end game content you have.

PS- Sunnie I pre-kittened the swearing for you, I hope you appreciate it.
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    This is weird. I hope it turns out well, but right now looks like it will just rip out lots of potential teams, making our lineups for def/off way worse.
    agreed!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    We all know the dead people in Florida are going to be the deciding factor.
  • Not a fan on this idea, here's why:

While I like the idea of shaking things up and requiring players to think outside the box, as someone who has financially supported the game I can't get behind the idea of losing access to a character I've invested in because someone else voted on it.

In my opinion, a better approach would be having us vote on a selection of buffs to be available for the next war.

THIS! Please this and not voting on what characters to exclude.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don’t like the idea of disabling a single toon but this was the idea that the community wanted “Can we ban Traya from TW she just got released two months ago and only 1% have it”

“Can we ban Revan? No point in playing since other guild has 10 Revans and we have none”

CG went ridiculously over the top with the idea

I hope both sides can now shut up about banning specific toons after this

You just trigger the complaining from the other side.
  • This is a terrible idea in my opinion, how can you have a vote on what to leave out on terrority wars. Why would some people not want part of their roster available when it’s a guild effort to use everything we have to beat the opponent. I personally don’t have revan but I’d imagine a lot of people will vote to leave out revan and I’d imagine treya is also on the chopping list. Just don’t know why you couldn’t bring back the toon bonus’s instead of this drunk idea you thought up at the New Year’s Eve party
  • @Ultra
    Cant wait for the Tusken / murder bear meta

Yes!

TW is so predictable. If Threepio/HK/T3/R2/BB-8 takes over TW with Tuskens & murder bears right behind them, I think that would be soooo fun, just because of the completely new challenge.
  • I like the idea. TW is boring. I don’t know whether this makes it better or worse in the long run, but in the short run it will at least be interesting for a while.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • If this change had been made last week, it would have been the worst change of 2018. Let’s hope it’s the worst change of 2019, otherwise I seriously dislike the direction the game is taking.
  • I was a big fan of the ADDITIONAL buffs in the previous TWs, but the idea that these proposed changes of blocking toons are in keeping with the spirit and positive feedback you received there makes no sense. It's like I went into my favorite restaurant and ordered nachos. In November the owner said, here's some extra guacamole to make those nachos taste extra good. I go back in January and because of the positive response to the extra guac promotion the restaurant was like, here have some nachos with 30% less cheese, no salsa, and some stale chips. 'Just like you asked for, we are shaking up the menu.'
  • Iwan
    336 posts Member
    Great Job at changing things that should not be changed....

worst game change since 3 years...

can we vote somewhere to not change anything???

OMG stop pushing the old playerbase away... already somany ppl have quit the game...
    this is unwanted , no1 aksed for this.. total crap....
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Shimrra wrote: »
    I don't know where you saw positive feedback...and what you want to do is probably the worst idea ever...
    If you want to see more people leave the game you probably go in the right direction...

What I seen people asking for:

More even HSTR rewards that are not so top heavy!
    Better matchmaking systems for better fights!
    Some help on the stun gun gear grinds!

What CG hears:

GA is awesome and the best idea we ever had!
    Sith Raid is perfect the way it is and must be made relevant even today by nerfing anything that makes it easier.
    People loved that Mace dominated TW for an entire month (This was more 50/50, some people loved, some people hated).

So their next logical step is to make us ban toons in TW so we can neuter entire squads. And that was based on the positive feedback. lol.
  • Trolled and kept out revan and traya. Lol
  • Positive feedback from the clone wars era bonuses? Hmmm new to me, my guild, other guilds, most players and others had nothing good to say about the bonuses
  • Man y’all need to lighten up in a big way.
  • Terrible terrible idea, you now have given power to the players to decide ultimately that they don’t want to face revan and treya in tw. I don’t have revan but this seems massively unfair. We work on our toons to use all of them not just the ones that the majority vote on. Bring back toon bonus’s instead of this drunk idea at your New Year’s Eve bash
  • Bad idea, punishing people for investing in characters that the whims of the masses don't vote for.
  • Removing the competitive nature of TW by making it a gimmick will undermine the whole game mode and the guild structure and focus you have meant to build over the last year.

Surely some more explanation is needed here. When did the community give the impression the didn’t like tw as it was?

Awful change.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Palanthian wrote: »
    If this change had been made last week, it would have been the worst change of 2018. Let’s hope it’s the worst change of 2019, otherwise I seriously dislike the direction the game is taking.
    Yeah, investing on toons is no longer good.
  • I feel like having the voting be based on a survey that takes place outside of the actual game could make it so that your average player won't end up voting, and the 'community feedback' will only capture a percentage of the player base.

My fear is that the more serious players will vote to save the highest tier characters (Revan,Traya) and leave out pools of characters that are typically farmed by the F2P player base.

The randomly boosted characters seemed to be a fun and fair change to the TW format that the community has embraced - I am curious why that model was abonded so quickly, especially if it received such great feedback.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Here's a much, much better idea.

Take each of those groups you want people to vote on. Come up with unique tweaks for the characters in that group. Maybe add a couple more groups, even.

These tweaks don't necessarily have to be overtly positive or negative. They could be trade-offs that dramatically affect how the character is used or the benefit they offer. For example, Bossk's leadership could be changed to add 150% Protection instead of 50%, but subtracts 50% Tenacity instead of adding it. Now your BH squad is full of tanky monstrosities that will be impossible to beat with brute force, but a debuff-heavy squad will roll over them.

Here's another, slightly simpler example: instead of gaining Taunt when his conditions are met, Baze Malbus gains 50% Turn Meter, Offense Up, Speed Up, Critical Damage Up, and Advantage (he keeps Retribution). This switches his role from a traditional taunting tank to something more like the B2 Droid that punishes you for ignoring it.

Anyway, do these for everyone. Every TW event, 2 or 3 groups get their tweaks activated. Presto, you've made TW more interesting without this goofy "Vote for how unpleasant you want this event to be! Community! Engagement!" nonsense.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    Hey CG will you look at taking Hera off that list? Without her, you negate an entire faction from working (Phoenix) whereas others will only be slightly handicapped by the lack of certain characters.
  • CHF
    105 posts Member
    Thanks again to CG for making me want to now quit the game for a second time now. Territory Wars was the best thing they came out with until now... what’s the point of not being able to use every bit of your roster you invest in? To eliminate 24 characters or so is pointless. Bring the bonuses back instead. This is not the answer. I’m not the only one who is extremely upset by this either. CG please get some common sense and fix this.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I love this game, but I strongly dislike this idea - I'd say it's one of the worst ideas I've heard.

I develop toons so I can use them, not so they can sit gathering dust because the community has voted to use CUP instead this month. How are players supposed to decide how to develop their rosters now? And with some toons you're not just removing that toon, you're removing an entire squad that hinges on them.

Also, if TW is now going to be the 'fun' mode and GA the competitive one, then the rewards need to be reviewed. You expect the competitive players to focus all of their efforts on winning 3 omegas a month versus 6 zetas a month (going off the January chalendar)?

I can't think of a single way this makes the game more fun. If we were voting on toons/factions to give bonuses to I could get behind that.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • They are clueless....color me shocked.
  • Removing the competitive nature of TW by making it a gimmick will undermine the whole game mode and the guild structure and focus you have meant to build over the last year.

Surely some more explanation is needed here. When did the community give the impression the didn’t like tw as it was?

Awful change.

This. I’ve invested in gearing up specific characters to build synergistic squads, I’ve modded them accordingly, and now that’s all out of the window.

TW was one of the few areas of the game that worked perfectly as it was, so now they’ve gone and ruined it.
This discussion has been closed.