Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• fortuitous
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Just when you thought foxnet took the title of dumbest devs ever, you go ahead and do this....do you even care anymore or are you guys content with just phoning it in? This whale is now officially f2p. Congrats CG, you win....
    Post edited by fortuitous on
  • Smoot_Raider
    89 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    But, but...I'm working on Dengar's BH quest. Zero TWs in December. And now there's a chance he may not be usable in the first of only 2 TWs for Jan?!?!?!?

3iQU.gif

https://tenor.com/3iQU.gif
  • I hope this is a January fools joke.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Worst idea ever, i hate TW and this make it even worse, which i didn't even think was possible. Just stick to bonuses for characters and/or factions.
  • Athen_Greeco
    142 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Your Stalwart Ideology: ‘we aim to reward those who level, gear up’ as it is a game of ‘resource management’

Your actions based on said ideology: paper zombie to fat zombie...etc.

Now this ill conceived game mode: how is this a reward for gearing and leveling up characters and proper resource management?

My characters are benched because they are annoying and voted off the island...

End Result: this is no longer a game about proper resource management and being rewarded for leveling and gearing— it is a cheap ploy, guised as a “choice” with a survey, to meet the whims of angry voices about certain toons and to meet the appearance of new content and gameplay when there is none.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • Maybe I overlooked it, but does this new TW apply to all guilds or just ones above a certain GP.
  • Community: “GA is the worst idea ever! You couldn’t come up with a worse game mode than this if you tried!!”

CG: “Hold my beer”
  • Syncho
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This has got to be one of the worst ideas to date. A lose-lose situation for the game. In a single stroke voting to remove characters could annoy both P2P and F2P players. People don't buy and gear up characters to then not be allowed to use them, while F2P players could have their counters removed and have no chance to win.

TW is the only competitive guild event we have. It seems taking it in a 'playful and fun' direction is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
  • Terrible idea. We have worked hard to build those teams. I don't mind extra bonuses, it's player choice to go for it or not. The poll thing will go other way around and force us to a path we don't want.
  • Is Trump running cg? Who are all these people who told you that it would be a good idea? Yeah I know there's a couple of people in here who will praise every crappy thing you do, but I want to see proof of all these people you talked to that told you this is a good idea.
  • While I appreciate the try at spicing it up, I think this is not a very good decision. While it would be interesting to shake up some teams with different toons(Like losing darth Nihilus in the traya team), outright losing an entire team because the leader is banned(Revan, Bossk, KRU) is going to be a really bad feeling because it has the potential to invalidate up to 5 toons, by just losing one leader. Maybe next time you do this do not include leaders.
  • Why do you care? The posting police on the forums are as bad as the game changes.
    I’d prefer to look at forums that contain a range of discussions, not page after page of the same discussion posted by people who don’t take the time to look before posting.
  • Kodiak01a wrote: »
    OtrEbor wrote: »
    Come on guys... have you ever read ‘Who’s taken my cheese?’

Stop moaning!

Drop dead. You can't even get the name of the book correct but you feel like you can tell people what to feel and how to react?

Glad I wasn't the only one to catch that.
  • zhtd17 wrote: »
    EA or CG or whoever is in charge, please fire 2 employees for the health of this game
    first one is the one who came up with the idea of 3v3 in GA, and second one who came up with this ban idea.

lots of bad choices lately :disappointed:

Maybe we can vote on which ones get let go?
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    I do NOT like this.

Reasonings:

1) How do we know what the votes actually are and how things swing a certain way or not? For example - people with multiple forum accounts, etc.

2) The amount of people with forum accounts are a VERY small percentage of the people that play the game. That doesn't seem fair.

3) The groupings tend to make little to no sense. I'm not even sure how those came about.

You're fixing a game mode that isn't broken and breaking it in the process.

Breaking something that isn't broken in order to fix something that is is known as the sith raid effect.
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    The funny thing is the community - judging just from the first 3 pages is VERY against this idea (with a small handful of outliers who like it) - but THAT voting will be ignored by CG.

Also - I dont believe for a minute that this poll will be legit. Either the characters that aren't going to be in are already set up that way and this is a "poll but not really a poll" or it will be twisted by "fake votes".

At least they have found a way to unite the entire community (against them).
  • Terrible, terrible idea. I don’t know what else to say. Just ignorant on CG’s part.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I don't like that we are voting with no idea which of the "dev pick" toons would be available..
    If my favorite team is Phoenix, and I vote for Hera to be included.. I'd seriously regret that if Ezra's group isn't chosen to be included.. I'd be stuck without the best dps for that team..
    That's a hypothetical, but you understand my meaning.. No matter what we pick, the devs choice could completely cripple what we picked
  • I'm willing to give it a shot guys. It'll make it interesting to be forced to use different characters in our teams.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This would have been a lot better if the poll was which factions to buff. Not which characters to remove. Lol
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Why do you care? The posting police on the forums are as bad as the game changes.
    I’d prefer to look at forums that contain a range of discussions, not page after page of the same discussion posted by people who don’t take the time to look before posting.

This guy gets it! Just take it as constructive criticism and move on. Post your thoughts on it in the mega.
  • TW is BUTCHERED.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I think it's a fun change, it rewards/gives an advantage to the "collectors" who like to level and gear up every toon, i still think bonuses were a great idea, so hopefully they will get back to that by February

Wait wait wait, if we give advantages to the collectors, are they barred from complaining about GA?

Hahahaha.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nooooooooooo!

TW is the best part of this game. Please do not implement this **** idea. TW is the single event in the game that actually gets the entire guild involved.

If you want to spice TW up then either make new map layouts and/or character bonuses.
  • @CG_SBCrumb how many days notice will we have on who banned prior to tw starting?
  • It really takes the enjoyment factor of playing certain squads away as well. I built and modded squads to work a certain way based off how YOU (the devs) created the characters and I’ve enjoyed mastering them, switching them up occasionally, and playing them. It’s fun playing with my FO with KRU lead. It’s not fun playing FO without him. The same can be said of nearly every character on that list. Im still in shock. Saying hey farm xyz character for HSR, GA, TB, but guess what, you can’t use itin TW? Maybe if it was 1-2 characters but not 28!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    hbbnhw6ej88w.jpeg

Guys let’s ban these 4 groups of teams. Cant wait for the Tusken / murder bear meta

Should move the middle circle over the CLS/KRU section, GMY doesn't do much without Bast (if they don't pick Bast) or Revan, NS already are losing Daka which makes them much easier to beat, Only strong one there that people have then is Sion. Over losing CLS lead, the entire FO faction, no Baze/Chirrut and no Dark Bast.
  • surprise surprise, why fear for the meta when we can be put on a one month TW sabbatical and come back and that which we worked gearing is now set aside.

Great idea. Pulling pieces out of the meta is ALWAYS so much fun...

It’s not like we invested time and effort and chose wisely instead of some dope who doesn’t have Raid Han zetad...

You get there are other games, right?
    And this is how you push people towards them?

This discussion has been closed.