Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Can there be an alternative vote where we vote not to ban any characters and just enjoy the game mode as it is supposed to be played?
  • Banning characters is not the same as bonus. This is a very bad idea, and a lot of players and guilds who think TW is the most enjoyable part of the game will react very negatively to this. Can we please play with the characters that we have spent a lot of time and, for some - money, to aquire?

Bonuses are fine, and as long as they alternate some it helps keep it fresh - this is not that ...
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie this is definitely not the direction the game should move to!!! I’ve been playing since the release and this is extremely irritating. I understand some do not spend money but those who do this is an insult. TW “old style” was the only reason I continue to play. You will lose a long term player if you limit characters.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    😂 it just occurred to me.. this won't hurt me at all!!!
    We will just continue sandbagging!

If I'm matched against a guild 20m lower, whatever we get stuck with will still destroy them lmfao!
  • Folks that invested time and $ into specific characters to be extremely competitive with their peers are essentially randomly nerfed. You realize the votes to remove certain characters are by those who didn’t spend the $ you desire as a business to attain them? Who had the bright idea to NOT just give a few characters a TW buff to shake things up, but cut the legs out from under a good deal of your playerbase? GA, shook things up, the select few buffed toons, shook things up... this seems like just a targeted nerf against folks who invest time and $ into building toons they want to actually play the game with. Who exactly is this making happy? Not the $ that keeps this game rolling that’s for sure.
  • I like the idea of being made to adapt to a situation where you can’t just use your usual characters so that you have to come up with a new strategy to face your opponent with. Strategizing and experimentation are what I enjoy in the game.
  • Hate this idea Soooooooo much.

I have not logged into the forums in a very long time that I had forgotten my login info... but hate this sooooo much that I had to reset it to login to express it.

Hate it even more that the survey doesn’t offer the option of “I hate this idea, cancel the TW with NO rewards instead!” Any option I pick in the survey seems like an endorsement of the idea.

Maybe I’ll just sit out TW’s that have this feature in the future. Who am I kidding, that is probably just me being dramatic - who leave rewards on the table... but really, I probably will join & deploy, but not bother fighting — the reward difference between winning & loosing are not enough to overcome the hate of this idea.

To be clear: Loved the past different bonuses to mix up TW a bit. Would love to vote on future bonuses (with a ‘None of the Above’ option). But hate this.

Hate.

Hate.

Hate.
    -=| Phloydius |=-

Looking for a Good Family Friendly Guild? We have over 40 members, Do Heroic Rancor Raids, have several 80-85 Players - but accept new players who are active & friendly. We love to help each other & grow as a team. Interested? Send Me a PM, or if you currently have no guild just send me an ally request, and I'll accept and invite you to the guild.

Ally Code: 653-141-869
    Guild: Boyos
    My Facebook Profile
  • I'm very disappointed in this. As a guild officer, when you are coordinating 50 people in TW, the last thing you need is for arbitrary rule changes every time to make it harder to organise people. TW is normally a good community building event, but not if everyone is confused. I didn't mind the strange bonuses for toons for a month, but limiting the available toons to deliberately break viable teams is going to be chaotic and lead to disengagement. I'd suggest reconsidering this experiment.
  • Might be beneficial for someone to do a write up on how to request a refund from iTunes/Google play store if they ban characters like Revan from use in a major game mode....I shall think upon this.
  • One other point is that TW has (for guilds centered around it) a very important function in having the players bond together over a competitive team effort - I know with TW being possibly marginalized it will negatively effect the athmosphere of the guild. It is this statement that I find very troubling:

When Territory Wars was introduced, it was the first opportunity players had to test their full rosters against other players. Now that the Grand Arena events are running, we believe this will be a much better fit for challenging players who have a similar collection. This will be the arena for purely competitive play.
  • This is a horrible idea.. why are you messing with something that has so little complaints about it, except being mad that it has not been available for the last month and a half. If you had good feedback then why do something completely different?
  • r2ang573ozdk.jpg
    iff1j3v153xr.jpg
  • @CG_SBCrumb This is a fantastic idea the possibilities are endless. Been talking to friends of mine on how to make TW fun again for some time now. Some of the wacky ideas we had we're 3v3 TW, No mods, setting your opponents defenses and vice versa, all G12 toons, auto random defense. Looking forward to what you have planned this year! :smile:
  • This may be the worst idea you’ve ever had. Which is a saying a lot.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    So go play those games nothing is stopping you.

Thats exactly whats going to happen. This is a bad idea. It is not fun.
    Que la Fuerza os acompañe!

Kakaka

Telegram @Kakakawakaka
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kakakawakaka/
    Código aliado 192-195-873
    https://swgoh.gg/g/516/global-elite-games/
  • Just. So. Lame.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I think it’s a good idea.

And, the argument begins.
  • This is dumb. Just another way to get people to gear up otherwise unnecessary toons, but the real slap in the face is you spend all this time gearing and working up a team just to have them not be used? It’s the same problem with platoons in TB that CG has never been aware of. Why work so hard/spend $ to build up a toon you can’t use? Talk about deflating.
  • RoxasXion
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    This was my favourite part of the game
    thanks
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I couldn’t agree with you more. If the best they can come up with to make the game fresh and “ exciting “ is to remove toons we have worked hard to get and gear from an event, then it’s time to get some new developers or shut the game down if it has stagnated this bad. Here’s a novel idea, make an event and stop messing with it. How about come up with something new instead of continuously changing current stuff. Shows a considerable lack of imagination
  • This is crazy. Why not just make people vote on which group should get the tw bonus instead?
  • MilMuertes
    315 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Dumb idea
  • i only hope we can change mods for this war for free...
  • Yeah, I’m not a fan of this new direction. We’re in a top 10 guild and have focused zetas and mods towards this game mode. While it does give us an advantage in GA it takes out the fun of team play in TW for some stupid voting game mode.

If you want to change something, change TB. It’s 0 fun and 6 days of redundancy. I’d pay CG/EA $100/mo to not have to play it and get the max rewards
  • Suggestion, make this opt in/out for guilds that want a fun or normal TW. My guild has worked hard on our rosters for TW and this just invalidates all the work we have done.
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Building teams takes months. Even more so doing it with your whole guild. Now taking away one or more needed characters of ones defense teams means a lot of headaches and frustration for competitive guilds like ours and holidays are over, we are all back at work, not having time for such "grand ideas". Keeping TW fresh is one thing, but take away the competitive element from TW completely is the wrong way imho. This TW does not look like much fun to me. Please reconsider.

Bring new maps so we have to find new strategies i.g.
    Post edited by CoSrenegade on
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Geez, I don't think I've ever seen the forums blow up so fast!
    😜
    Seriously tho, locking out large portions of player's investments is likely the worst idea I've seen here so far..
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    This would have been a lot better if the poll was which factions to buff. Not which characters to remove. Lol
    id love to choose ONLY one block of 4 characters and these 4 get special TW bonuses like the clone wars one for Dooku / Mace / CUP / GG
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Now that TW is a joke, I just hope that...they at least keep the GA rolling day to day for the more competitive players.

Whatever January calendar on reddit that said , 1 GA in late January, after reading this...I truly hope that is a fake calendar

I mean....please, please keep GA rolling if TW is turning into this.
This discussion has been closed.