Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• What a dumb idea.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I couldn’t agree with you more. If the best they can come up with to make the game fresh and “ exciting “ is to remove toons we have worked hard to get and gear from an event, then it’s time to get some new developers or shut the game down if it has stagnated this bad. Here’s a novel idea, make an event and stop messing with it. How about come up with something new instead of continuously changing current stuff. Shows a considerable lack of imagination

Yeah, they haven’t added anything new in years!
    Looking at you ship battles, and mods, and territory battles/war, and raids, and grand arena, and any new character in the past half year... shame...
  • We can all look forward to the 3 clone war chewie shards we’ll get when there’s a glitch in it that allows half the people to still use the banned toons.

This is a terrible idea that make me not want to even bother playing TW
  • Flush this **** of an idea back where it came from. As if it isn't time consuming enough to organize and run a guild, now leaders and officers have to come up with new teams and strategies every TW based on some random poll that locks out some of the characters that we (as leaders) have asked players to gear and level. Locking out characters IS A COMPLETELY HORRIBLE IDEA. It's like the dev's want players to say "F this" and uninstall the game.
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    When Territory Wars was introduced, it was the first opportunity players had to test their full rosters against other players. Now that the Grand Arena events are running, we believe this will be a much better fit for challenging players who have a similar collection. This will be the arena for purely competitive play.
    That frees us up to take Territory Wars in a more playful and fun direction.

Banning characters from usage does anything but make this mode more playful and fun. And changing it every TW is an even worse idea. The amount of work that this creates for guild officers to plan for and design strategy for is going to be a lot of work. And with a short time to do it since the excluded characters are only known less than a week before the event start. Work that will now need to be done for every TB?

In fact, removing characters from play does the exact opposite. It undermines the players investment of time/money/resources in pursuing these characters and then CG comes along and takes it away. That's not fun or good for players confidence. Boosting under utilized characters/factions is good, taking away content players have invested in? Horrible.

Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea? This completely ruins the game mode.
    Post edited by EgoSlayer on
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Yeah, I’m not a fan of this new direction. We’re in a top 10 guild and have focused zetas and mods towards this game mode. While it does give us an advantage in GA it takes out the fun of team play in TW for some stupid voting game mode.

If you want to change something, change TB. It’s 0 fun and 6 days of redundancy. I’d pay CG/EA $100/mo to not have to play it and get the max rewards

That defeats the purpose of a game...
    In order to get good rewards, you have to put in the time and work. Does your job pay you good money to do nothing?
  • Hate it, not impressed at all. The bonuses, ya those were fun, shook things up the right amount. But this? As a newer player, 5 months and 1 mil gp, this is garbage. Depending on how the voting goes, I could lose half my usable roster (jedi, PS, empire) might as well sit this tw out at this point.

After a month of no TW, I was really looking forward to this to try out my newest teams I've been building, but this just sux.
  • Cool, now I don't feel bad for not spending money ever again. Work forever to gear and obtain a character. Then have it taken away in the game. Genious.
  • This really is a terrible idea. It would be bad enough if everyone playing actually had all these players to begin with, but for some players, you could be eliminating one or two of the few teams they actually have. So now there are players who could contribute that now can't or can but just barely.

There are multiple players in my guild that would have close to nothing left if the Thrawn/Hera/STHan/Old Ben grouping was taken out completely. Having that grouping in there is borderline cruel. There are a few players in my guild alone who are only now able to even participate in TW, and are newer players who started by building Phoneix, then onto Thrawn/Palpatine so they could get R2 and work towards CLS. I'm sure there are a lot of newer players who started by building these 3 teams. Removing those 4 players in one fell swoop basically means these newer players can't use ANY of the teams they built up just as they're starting to actually be able to take part inTWs
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    So go play those games nothing is stopping you.

Thats exactly whats going to happen. This is a bad idea. It is not fun.

Why exactly do you believe this?
  • Lol. Who is coming up with these ideas?
    Fix the matchmaking.

You guys put resources into a new game mode only to take them away at a later time.
    Don’t run it for a month. Get it together CG. Why should I invest in toons or any type of game mode anymore?

Seriously questioning leadership and decision making.
  • This is an absolutely awful idea and I've logged in and posted after over a year absence from the forum to share this feedback.

I hope the developers understand there's a major difference between giving an underwhelming character a bonus and completely excluding characters?

We worked hard to develop our rosters. This seems like a punishment. Please don't do this.
  • @CG_SBCrumb

How about no!

Some of us might have spent money on some of the characters in there ESPECIALLY for territory wars!

Bottom line, I am not willing to accept this. If you think it's clever to take away merchandise I paid for I think it's clever to file charge backs.
  • I think something that is lost in this complete bonehead move is the limited opportunities to earn Guild Event Tokens this month. At least based on the current January Calendar. What is that supposed to be aimed at, and is this **** move an attempt to keep us distracted from that?
  • You guys continue to make bad decision after bad decision. You continue to make the game more and more and more time-consuming. To my knowledge you haven’t listened at all about how horrible the matchmaking is in GA. As someone who is spent a decent amount of money on your game, and we’re talking in the thousands, you’re about to lose one of your customers if you don’t start paying attention to what people actually want.
  • They really should take this feed back into account and save it for the future so they don’t do something like this again. Like everyone else, I’m confused as to why or how they saw lots of people liked the bonuses, and thought it’d be a great idea to take characters out. There’s kind of a difference between the two.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • I’m just shocked that you guys had meetings and discussions about this and no one said “it’s REALLY going to make players angry if we remove characters and shrink their rosters.”

Please reconsider this, it’s a very bad idea. No one in my guild chat, on Reddit or in my discord channels have said a positive word about it.
  • Horrible idea. Don’t ruin a good game mode. Make the playing field level within 2m GP and get rid of TB
  • Great idea....as I’m sure something will go wrong meaning lots of lovely crystals as compensation.
  • Do y’all not like TW anymore?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    This would have been a lot better if the poll was which factions to buff. Not which characters to remove. Lol
    id love to choose ONLY one block of 4 characters and these 4 get special TW bonuses like the clone wars one for Dooku / Mace / CUP / GG

That would have been a cool idea, then the entire past thread of 6 pages would have been a discussion on who to buff, which toons needs it or doesn't need it, how cool some of the buffs could have been, what the buffs could be.

Talking about it amongst ourselves, getting the community involved...
  • Really don't like this change one bit.....
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    This would have been a lot better if the poll was which factions to buff. Not which characters to remove. Lol
    id love to choose ONLY one block of 4 characters and these 4 get special TW bonuses like the clone wars one for Dooku / Mace / CUP / GG

That would have been a cool idea, then the entire past thread of 6 pages would have been a discussion on who to buff, which toons needs it or doesn't need it, how cool some of the buffs could have been, what the buffs could be.

Talking about it amongst ourselves, getting the community involved...

That’s what I thought it was lol.
  • This is such a terrible idea. How about fixing the things that are broken instead of breaking the parts of the game that are already working well and great. There are too many things in this game to have to make a new TW strategy for the guild. :/:/
  • This is absolutely horrendous idea!!!

Whole last year i have been focusing SOLELY upgrading known solid 5-man synergy squads for TW purpose.

Now you are going to rob that from me with these stupid shenanigans. 3vs3 GA was **** enough.
    Stop PUNISHING players who makes strick well tough out development plans for their roster.

****. Go away cg and dont touch my favourite game mode.
  • Junk concept. Stop messing around with TW, stop cancelling TW, stop making this game into a joke. First day back to work and really this is the best you are capable of?

• This is a terrible. This really punishes those with rosters developed around these group of characters, forces people to constantly remod their roster, and scrambling to make enough teams to even fill the board and clear it. This event is already annoying but adding this in makes the event that takes these most effort and the worst rewards, makes it not even worth doing.
  • Okay, so what are you going to do for those of us who already missed a month of potential tw wins for the prestigious quests? Now you're making it a happy fun goof off land, making wins even less predictable? I just want to finish these titles already.
This discussion has been closed.