Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• I voted off Revan and the whole Triumvirate and it felt great.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Oh, I know: Ban Revan from the Arena (PvP). The players will love that! [Sarcam]

I do not have Revan.
    -=| Phloydius |=-

Looking for a Good Family Friendly Guild? We have over 40 members, Do Heroic Rancor Raids, have several 80-85 Players - but accept new players who are active & friendly. We love to help each other & grow as a team. Interested? Send Me a PM, or if you currently have no guild just send me an ally request, and I'll accept and invite you to the guild.

Ally Code: 653-141-869
    Guild: Boyos
    My Facebook Profile
  • Pathetic. Honestly the most pathetic move I’ve seen made in this game in the past two years. If you think you’ll make money by destroying the meta teams by these forced restrictions, and so pressuring folks to spend $$$ to gear obscure or more toons, you’re wrong. This is a joke, and you know it @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @CG_CapGaSP @ everyone else at CG
  • MangKanor
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    HORRIBLE IDEA! CG is like... hey guys, spend crystals/money on developing your toons... but you cant use it on TW because it's a nice change! are you guys giving back the crystals spent on those toons? my guess is a big fat no! so fire the person who came up with this insanity!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    This would have been a lot better if the poll was which factions to buff. Not which characters to remove. Lol
    id love to choose ONLY one block of 4 characters and these 4 get special TW bonuses like the clone wars one for Dooku / Mace / CUP / GG

That would have been a cool idea, then the entire past thread of 6 pages would have been a discussion on who to buff, which toons needs it or doesn't need it, how cool some of the buffs could have been, what the buffs could be.

Talking about it amongst ourselves, getting the community involved...

That’s what I thought it was lol.

I love how my first comment here I was all for it, but then I realised what was going on and instantly changed my mind about the whole thing, lol. And I bet many others thought it was that at first going into this, before they realised "hang on, this idea is terrible".

So guys, we've apparently lost 4-5 posts so far into the abyss, are people deleting their posts or? :p
  • What is equally concerning is how out of touch CG is with their player base. I INSTANTLY knew what the community’s reaction would be when I read the changes. How did CG not realize what the reaction would be? Or did they know and just not care? You could have asked virtually anyone, from F2P, P2P, high gp, low gp, new player or old player and they would have said the player base is not going to like this. That’s what concerns me most for the future of the game. How in the world did they think we were going to like this?
  • Terrible idea. I want to take a vote on only one thing. To fire a man who proposed that.
    But have one more question. How it influence ships? For example, bossk will be banned. Are we gonna lose him as a pilot too?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Anyone picked will be available in the next TW. The 4 groups of characters (16 total) that don't get picked from the Community Poll, will be temporarily banned for the next TW. Plus we will pick 1 of 4 groups, which mean 3 more groups (12 characters) will not be available. That's a total of 28 characters you won't be able to use in this next TW

Excluding 28 toons is bad idea and not player friendly. Let us use the toons we spent time and resources gearing up. Adding toon bonuses is one thing but excluding toons is unwarranted.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    This would have been a lot better if the poll was which factions to buff. Not which characters to remove. Lol
    id love to choose ONLY one block of 4 characters and these 4 get special TW bonuses like the clone wars one for Dooku / Mace / CUP / GG

That would have been a cool idea, then the entire past thread of 6 pages would have been a discussion on who to buff, which toons needs it or doesn't need it, how cool some of the buffs could have been, what the buffs could be.

Talking about it amongst ourselves, getting the community involved...

That’s what I thought it was lol.

I love how my first comment here I was all for it, but then I realised what was going on and instantly changed my mind about the whole thing, lol. And I bet many others thought it was that at first going into this, before they realised "hang on, this idea is terrible".

So guys, we've apparently lost 4-5 posts so far into the abyss, are people deleting their posts or? :p

Hah right??? I was like why are people flipping now? And then I was like oooohhhh they are taking these toons away!
  • As a player who started just under 8 months ago, and who has been working hard to build solid teams, this has the potential to neuter my entire roster. I'm likely to lose key members of my Jedi, Bounty Hunters, Empire, Nightsisters, First Order, and Phoenix teams. Even if I don't lose the faction leads, it's not like I've had time to develop replacements for the other faction members I'm almost certain to lose.

So my entire contribution will probably be a bunch of mismatched crap on the back row for defense. Wow, that sounds like fun. Said no one ever.
  • This is my first message only to say it is the worst idea i have ever seen this two years i have been playing SWGOH. And you had some terrible ideas.

Will put defense squads and no attack, and so will suggest to my guild.

Coming soon Guilds on strike in TW
  • They do say they "are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future" which implies this might be a one off. If so, OK. But if this idea becomes the norm, that would be bad.
  • cfodder
    85 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    So we get 28 toons to use next TW or don't get to use 28? No fleets? What about the 100 or so toons not on the poll?

So did they decide the easiest way to make GA the best part of the game is by killing every other facet to the game?

I havent voted. The right options aren't there. I couldn't find the this idea is the worst one we've ever come up with and only should have been released on April fools day
  • Instead of this let’s vote on characters to exclude from Grand Arena. Here are the choices:

1. Traya
    2. Revan

To be clear, TW is the funnest part of the game and GA is the sandbox. It’s frustrating enough that I’m in GA brackets where opponents have Traya and Revan but at least I have my whole roster to experiment with to face the challenge.

TW is great because we have different level rosters amongst our group and it unifies the team like only the Sith Raid can...remember not all guilds can beat Heroic and TW is a great achievement and motivator.

This is terrible. If you want to hear what the community thinks then first take a poll of our favorite game modes...then figure out what to change.
  • Ikey
    48 posts Member
    Thanks for messing with the only decent game mode left in this game.
    GA is fun. 5v5 only. Ya'know. What some have been practising with for 3 years. Not 3v3.
    R.I.P TW
  • Really? I don't understand how this can make TW more fun. We work hard to farm and gear toons so you can just make some of them unavailable during a war. This is a joke right?
  • I absolutely hate this idea. And I have voted. I'll keep doing random pool votes in order to make the next TW a random randomness.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Terrible idea.
  • Huh 3v3 is fun, new tactics.
    Can't believe any one would dislike 3v3
  • I agree with the sentiment here. Locking toons that we worked hard on building doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t have revan but I’d be very salty if I did and then couldn’t use him in a game mode.
  • DaveKenobi wrote: »
    This is my first message only to say it is the worst idea i have ever seen this two years i have been playing SWGOH. And you had some terrible ideas.

Will put defense squads and no attack, and so will suggest to my guild.

Coming soon Guilds on strike in TW

As we can see, complaints fall on deaf ears. Vote or don’t vote, it won’t change anything. Play tw or “boycott” it, no difference.

There is only ONE way to make your vote heard on thi$ game...if you aren’t happy about thi$ then $ee if you can figure out a way to expre$$ your di$plea$ure somehow.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    fortuitous wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Yeah, I’m not a fan of this new direction. We’re in a top 10 guild and have focused zetas and mods towards this game mode. While it does give us an advantage in GA it takes out the fun of team play in TW for some stupid voting game mode.

If you want to change something, change TB. It’s 0 fun and 6 days of redundancy. I’d pay CG/EA $100/mo to not have to play it and get the max rewards

That defeats the purpose of a game...
    In order to get good rewards, you have to put in the time and work. Does your job pay you good money to do nothing?

My boss doesn’t have a meeting where my fellow employees vote in order for me not to use certain things at my desk that I need to accomplish my job. Horrible logic. “They voted for me to not have access to my laptop, guess my office is just spicing things up to make it more fun for me....”

Your comment doesn’t apply at all to my argument. The original poster was vouching for free stuff. That’s what I responded to.
    And about the voting, the consumer votes on what they like by buying things. That’s what we are doing here. My four dollars can’t buy me chips and soda, so I bought chips because I like them more. Simple
  • zhtd17 wrote: »
    EA or CG or whoever is in charge, please fire 2 employees for the health of this game
    first one is the one who came up with the idea of 3v3 in GA, and second one who came up with this ban idea.

lots of bad choices lately :disappointed:

I think 3v3 ga idea is good even though it might be stressful for someone. It brought more action to the game.

But I'm very dissatisfied with this tw "nerf".
    That's a very bad idea even from the point of game business. Some people spent their money on some of the listed characters and now they will get "sorry you can't use them in tw". I'm sure this change will make some people spend less money for the game. On the other hand giving some temporary tw bonuces can make players invest into these characters and slightly increase your revenue.
  • I see a lot of people here who’ve never posted anywhere else, in fact, they just posted their first response on here! That should say something to the devs, this is bad.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    We are being trolled by CG on this one...possibly the dumbest idea ever to come out of anyone's head
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Agree with OP. This is a really bad idea
  • TankBuster01
    26 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Wow great idea CG. I really enjoy spending tons of real cash ( paying your salaries) to develop my roster just to have " you tell me that content that ive paid for i cant use ". How about you go buy a car and then the dealer tells you that you can only drive it 3 days this week. If ive paid for it what right do you have to tell me i cant use it?

Why do you bother to take the time to create some really good content like tw just to mess with it.

We play this game because we like and enjoy it. Heres a novel idea. Stop changing stuff thats in place. If you want something new then create something new. People as a whole like continuity.

This is the worse idea you guys have ever come up with.

I will be expressing my displeasure by no longer funding this game
    Post edited by TankBuster01 on
  • I know me and my guild worked hard on unlocking traya now your telling me we may not be able to use a toon we've worked so hard on in TW? Also I don't have Revan but he's on the list of toons that may be banned and if I was one of the ppl that spent $400 or more to get him just to not be able to use him I'd be burning with rage. Stop this ridiculous idea and just come up with new TW bonuses. This really seems like your just trying to get back at the data miners that broke news of the bonuses you had planned
This discussion has been closed.