Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Ppl always complain about the TW is "which side has more revan/traya mode". Now you can temporary make them disappear, ppl complains again.

For me, as a player...seems fun.
    As an officer...still have to chase ppl all over the world, hey you need to set defences hey we need you attack....

Valid. But I think it’s a Terrible strategy to take things away. Improve matchmaking.

Improve matchmaking...huh?
    There's no balance, and will never be.

Like I said before, a meta chaser's arena team on defense can stop a same gp player who spread his/her resources all over the roster.
  • Dumpster fire. I built my roster. Them saying they are going to hold out characters I build is srupid. It's not fun. It's not quirky. It's not even smart. I hope it blows up in their face. Dumb dumb dumb.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    TW themes: this weeks TW will try to echo the events of Geonosis.

Jedi will do 1.5x as much damage to droids and have 25% more defense to their attacks. Droids will be able to fire twice with each basic attack and always call an assist dealing 50% less damage when using a non-basic. Each Clone will have order 66 as an extra unique attack that call all other Clones and droids to assist dealing 2x damage. Geonosians will gain advantage and speed up with each critical hit and droids will always taunt for them

Stay tuned for our next theme- Battle of the Forest Moon!

I don’t like your new idea.
  • I’ll see how this goes but on the surface I really don’t like it. It’s particularly negative to newer players who only have one decent squad and suddenly find a key member (eg, Ezra) unusable.
  • Please Developers, go on vacation and let us play the game. Want to give bonuses to any character? Okay, but make 28 characters unavailable? They'll ruin the fun of the event.
  • fortuitous
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Taking away revan isn’t going to all of a sudden make your guild better. And all the other toons that get banned will be banned on both sides. If your guild hasn’t been focusing on TW teams you will still lose. All this does is create headaches for the ones organizing and destroy any value of “tw only” meta squads. All you that think this levels the playing field, let me know how your TW goes. (Here’s a hint, your still going to suck)
  • Diminishing returns mean anything to this company? It works both ways. This game is going south with this idea. I think my time and money will be best spent elsewhere.
  • I don’t mind the missing toons so much as I do the fact that I have to remod lesser toons. Make the switching of mods free and I will be happy but to spend the credits to remod for this TW seems not worth it.
  • Perro wrote: »
    #makelobotgreatagain

I have my lobot at G9, why not.
  • Fellow swgoh players, it's time to fight back..... This new TW proposition serves only to neutre hard earned teams by eliminating key toons from teams that we all worked hard to level and gear up..... Unlike the 3v3 GA format that I loved, and made me think outside the box, this is a blatant slap in the face to players that have put in the time and money to level up and gear toons like zombie that are key to actually make a faction work.....

I propose we vote out the following....

Anakin
    Qui ton
    St han
    Hk47
    Jango
    Fallen Bastila

I apologize to a time who worked hard in the toons above, but it feels like the best of all evils at this.point......

This is an absolutely ridiculous play by CG
  • This ensures NS will not be used. They are a synergistic squad. They do not sub well.
  • This is lazy game design, incredibly STUPID and it will not end well. This is the equivalent of taking everyone who plays Uno and nerfing the deck to force you to play the Kappa Sigma Chi Epsilon drunken beer pong version of Uno. It’s great for those guys, but detracts from the otherwhile theorycrafting and direction for the endgame player.

The nice thing about the Clone Wars anniversary map was it was a change to the map. Something that should have happened probably 25 Territory Wars in. Minor temporary reworks to toons that made them useful is a lot more fun for the player. More of that would be nice, but I guess that programming and game theory is just TOO hard on a dev end.

If you are an end game player, you’ve conquered the maps, raids and arena. GA, TW and TB (which is stale and needs to be changed up) are the challenge now. Given the amount of time players spend gearing and grinding characters AND for some money spent, to say “here pick which toon/team you’ve spent hundreds of hours on to break,” is just insulting.
  • The posts says: “We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!” It doesn’t say this is the format forever. It doesn’t even say this format will happen beyond this next TW. In fact, the post specifically says there will be many new types of TWs in the future....so we know this upcoming format is only temporary. But at least no one has overreacted, lol.
  • Or.. Or.. We vote to have them just scrap this idea all together. Character bonuses in TW made it fun and exciting without us, the players, having to sacrifice anything. Making it so that we can't use a 5th of our roster, the majority of which are meta toons doesn't nearly provide the same level of intrigue that the character bonuses did.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes totally agree push back on this **** idea. The response by cg makes no sense. "Oh you guys like it when irrelevant characters get bonuses to make them viable?". "Ok now we are going to completely remove characters you've spent months working and spending on, so you're forced to use irrelevant toons.... with no bonuses"
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • This is just dumb. There's already so many lesser players in guilds without many viable squads. This pretty much removes the characters they do have in an attempt to get you to farm replacements. Just get rid of TW and replace it with Grand arena in my opinion.

Or do a guild vs guild grand arena style where you each match up against 1 opponent on the other side.
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Fellow swgoh players, it's time to fight back..... This new TW proposition serves only to neutre hard earned teams by eliminating key toons from teams that we all worked hard to level and gear up..... Unlike the 3v3 GA format that I loved, and made me think outside the box, this is a blatant slap in the face to players that have put in the time and money to level up and gear toons like zombie that are key to actually make a faction work.....

Anakin
    Qui ton
    St han
    Hk47
    Jango
    Fallen Bastila

I apologize to a time who worked hard in the toons above, but it feels like the best of all evils at this.point......

If you do that half the people wont care , vote their previous revan traya, jtr and cls. and you can have more support
    In terms of forum outrage. otherwise half the forum wont care , cause it doesnt affect them now. Even if it will going forward. Just a thought
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It's really hard to comprehend how stupid this response is. The first tw bonuses allowed weaker players to contribute more, while this new idea will make them 10x more useless. These guys have worse logic than the underpants gnomes...🤯
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I really don't get why they decided to do this to TW.. I always thought everyone loved TW the way it was. Yes, there were some matchmaking issues, but it was always my favorite for sure.
    Keep the weird fluctuating stuff like this in GA where nobody cares.
  • It's already hard enough to get folks to use synergistic teams on defense without restricting their rosters. I don't think I'm going to be a fan of this one. The bonuses were good. Preventing us from using characters we've invested resources in (aren't we supposed to be rewarded for that?) seems bad.

I'm open to bring surprised but skeptical about it...
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    The posts says: “We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!” It doesn’t say this is the format forever. It doesn’t even say this format will happen beyond this next TW. In fact, the post specifically says there will be many new types of TWs in the future....so we know this upcoming format is only temporary. But at least no one has overreacted, lol.

Yeah, I already tried pointing this out but it fell on deaf ears. I suspect that, unfortunately, your post will too.
    I guess people just like being angry. :smile:
  • Your Stalwart Ideology: ‘we aim to reward those who level, gear up’ as it is a game of ‘resource management’

Your actions based on said ideology: paper zombie to fat zombie...etc.

Now this ill conceived game mode: how is this a reward for gearing and leveling up characters and proper resource management?

My characters are benched because they are annoying and voted off the island...

End Result: this is no longer a game about proper resource management and being rewarded for leveling and gearing— it is a cheap ploy, guised as a “choice” with a survey, to meet the whims of angry voices about certain toons and to meet the appearance of new content and gameplay when there is none.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie

THIS. This is such a ridiculously awful idea, you are literally punishing people who happen who have spent the time and resources on powering up the characters that are temp. banned, and are trying to sell the idea by giving us an illusion of choice. 16/28 banned toons we pick from a pool of 40, and then you guys ban 12 from a pool of 16... this is such an absurdly bad idea. Not to mention you are screwing people harder the lower the GP is - at lower GPs folks won't have large expansive developed rosters, they will have likely focused on a few key squads if they are smart. by dismantling any key groups, you are leaving them with garbage.
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Fellow swgoh players, it's time to fight back..... This new TW proposition serves only to neutre hard earned teams by eliminating key toons from teams that we all worked hard to level and gear up..... Unlike the 3v3 GA format that I loved, and made me think outside the box, this is a blatant slap in the face to players that have put in the time and money to level up and gear toons like zombie that are key to actually make a faction work.....

Anakin
    Qui ton
    St han
    Hk47
    Jango
    Fallen Bastila

If you do that half the people wont care , vote their previous revan traya, jtr and cls, and you can have more support , otherwise half the forum wont care , cause it doesnt affect them now. Even if it will going firward. Just a thougt

I care about what is right...... I don't have Revan or Traya..... Those that do worked hard or paid for them...... (Especially Revan), now their whole team falls apart?..... Run a Nightsister team without zombie and see how you do.... Set a resistance team on defence without rjt.....

I was all for shaking things up with 3v3 in GA, but this is absolutely ridiculous...... It just encourages people to vote off teams that give them trouble instead of actually working on the key toons.....
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    The posts says: “We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!” It doesn’t say this is the format forever. It doesn’t even say this format will happen beyond this next TW. In fact, the post specifically says there will be many new types of TWs in the future....so we know this upcoming format is only temporary. But at least no one has overreacted, lol.

Yeah, I already tried pointing this out but it fell on deaf ears. I suspect that, unfortunately, your post will too.

Because no one wants this not even once and if people didn’t voice their opinion on the forum it would be blank.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Can I vote for new devs? Like give me the names of 6 of them and I may keep a couple at best.
  • Here is another example that they did NOT think this through.... how will this affect fleet?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Welcome to the new forums posters! Whole bunch of new faces here it seems! Great to see the community banding together over this! Which was there plan right, to come out with an idea so terrible it gets everyone together in harmony?

its Code Gueass!
  • I love TW and GA, I want to put that out there very clearly. And I also loved the bonuses for CW Anniversary. But I don’t like this new path and I’m worried about where it will lead. Limiting toons/ teams to offense or defense is one thing, but removing content is a dangerous and unpopular path. This is a mode that still has quests associated with it, and as shown with how GA has dealt with inactivity (read: it hasn’t) it gets irritating and detracts from the enjoyment and sense of progression that currently exists.

Tl;Dr: please reconsider the approach to TW, bonuses are fun, removing stuff isn’t

-me, someone who enjoys the game
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Stenun wrote: »

There are some ideas that are so incredibly stupid they shouldn't even be tried once. This one falls somewhere between sticking your head in a ceiling fan on the highest setting and sticking your hand in a blender set on puree. :#
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • I vote for tw!
This discussion has been closed.