Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Stenun wrote: »
    The posts says: “We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!” It doesn’t say this is the format forever. It doesn’t even say this format will happen beyond this next TW. In fact, the post specifically says there will be many new types of TWs in the future....so we know this upcoming format is only temporary. But at least no one has overreacted, lol.

Yeah, I already tried pointing this out but it fell on deaf ears. I suspect that, unfortunately, your post will too.
    I guess people just like being angry. :smile:

Some people just like watching the world burn ... Alfred Pennyworth

You are missing the point - People are tired of CG playing games with the parts of the game that people actually enjoy. They added the boosts - personally I didn't like it, but didn't complain cause it was temporary, Then they took it away for an entire month, didn't complain cause it was temporary. Now that it is finally back all the toons we have been building for the event might get banned, but don't worry it's only temporary.

Eventually those of us who didn't like them using our favorite part of the game as their little sandbox were going to bring it up, this seems like the straw that broker the camel's back.

And if you look at the post it says that this is January's Options, that would lead me to believe that they plan on doing this for more than just January.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • The posts says: “We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!” It doesn’t say this is the format forever. It doesn’t even say this format will happen beyond this next TW. In fact, the post specifically says there will be many new types of TWs in the future....so we know this upcoming format is only temporary. But at least no one has overreacted, lol.

go back to when TW and TB were rolled out and that is the wording that was used to describe the maps rolled out. MORE THAN A YEAR LATER, we have the same maps and have to date had one month of variation. ONE. Oh yes, thank you for giving us a choice. Too bad the choices are the equivalent of choosing to eat a sandwich made with horse excrement or a sandwhich made with rotten meat. Both choices are awful and make
    me want to vomit
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    The posts says: “We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!” It doesn’t say this is the format forever. It doesn’t even say this format will happen beyond this next TW. In fact, the post specifically says there will be many new types of TWs in the future....so we know this upcoming format is only temporary. But at least no one has overreacted, lol.

Yeah, I already tried pointing this out but it fell on deaf ears. I suspect that, unfortunately, your post will too.

Because no one wants this not even once and if people didn’t voice their opinion on the forum it would be blank.

I think we can handle it happening once.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't like this idea at all. But if it's a Once Only thing then we can say "Ok, done that, what's next?". It's hopefully not going to permanently impact the game; people are over-reacting.

If this becomes the New Norm, however, I agree it's a bad thing. But as it appears to be Once Only, I'll roll my eyes and tut with disgust and wait for a better Territory War next time.
  • A new survey...

Who won't have a salary in CG during the week TW will run?

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    eepikins wrote: »
    Here is another example that they did NOT think this through.... how will this affect fleet?
    Yes! No pilots, less ships, less fun, less enjoyment, less good camaraderie, more money spent!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »

There are some ideas that are so incredibly stupid they shouldn't even be tried once. This one falls somewhere between sticking your head in a ceiling fan on the highest setting and sticking your hand in a blender set on puree. :#

No, because your examples would probably result in a permanent change to your hand.
    This Territory War is not a permanent change to your roster or the game. It's Once Only.
  • Well at least there's one easy choice, #2 is the most needed to go. Gets rid of three highly annoying teams all at once.
  • I really dislike this. Prefer to keep things normal and simple
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Boo hoo, said the community, I hate to have to think.
    I like it, especially if it makes others have fits. This thread is going to be fun. I'll make the popcorn.
  • This is quite possibly the dumbest thing CG has done yet. This is basically like platoons for TW. Lazy concept that does nothing to improve the game. Please reconsider this.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You really thing there's zero ftp in your top 100...ok, have a nice day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Because no one wants this not even once and if people didn’t voice their opinion on the forum it would be blank.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like this idea at all. But if it's a Once Only thing then we can say "Ok, done that, what's next?". It's hopefully not going to permanently impact the game; people are over-reacting.

If this becomes the New Norm, however, I agree it's a bad thing. But as it appears to be Once Only, I'll roll my eyes and tut with disgust and wait for a better Territory War next time.

The problem is we haven't had a 'normal' TW in a very long time. If this is a once and only once thing, they should've done a couple normal ones first.
  • Padas
    52 posts Member
    This is a terrible idea. The Nov. Bonus were fun because they made useless characters usable and expanded our options. So CG in their wisdom decides that because people enjoyed that they should limit rosters....

This is on to of removing 1 TB and 2 TW this months!? That's a ton of rewards we are used to that they just want us to be ok with not getting.
  • I like this idea a lot. Shakes up TW, adding more strategy and outside the box thinking. But will this affect the total GP of the guild when matchmaking?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

Some people just like watching the world burn ... Alfred Pennyworth

You are missing the point - People are tired of CG playing games with the parts of the game that people actually enjoy. They added the boosts - personally I didn't like it, but didn't complain cause it was temporary, Then they took it away for an entire month, didn't complain cause it was temporary. Now that it is finally back all the toons we have been building for the event might get banned, but don't worry it's only temporary.

Eventually those of us who didn't like them using our favorite part of the game as their little sandbox were going to bring it up, this seems like the straw that broker the camel's back.

And if you look at the post it says that this is January's Options, that would lead me to believe that they plan on doing this for more than just January.

They're always changing things. That's the nature of the beast. Not just Territory War.
  • The entire original post that was made is confusing. Over half the people that read it have no idea what you are talking about. Do we vote on who to remove from the territory war or do we vote on who we get to use? Either way, it’s a horrible idea. As far as the bonuses go, if the characters performed in-game according to how they perform in the canon/legends you wouldn’t NEED bonuses i.e. Mace Windu, General Grievous, Count Dooku, etc..
  • The only way this becomes a “one time” thing is if we pitch a huge fit and threaten the revenue stream.

Oh and this isn’t a “boo hoo we don’t like to think” gripe. Look at the theorycraft that went into Clone Wars bonus squads. I’d rather have an ugnaught and mob enforcer TW month than this steaming pile of gelatinous excrement
  • FTP doesn’t even spend, why should they get catered to? It’s absurd!
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

The problem is we haven't had a 'normal' TW in a very long time. If this is a once and only once thing, they should've done a couple normal ones first.

I don't see why. If this had been a change that you thought was a good idea, would you really be saying they should have done a couple of normal ones first before doing something you liked?

REALLY?
  • giphy.gif

Seconded
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »

There are some ideas that are so incredibly stupid they shouldn't even be tried once. This one falls somewhere between sticking your head in a ceiling fan on the highest setting and sticking your hand in a blender set on puree. :#

No, because your examples would probably result in a permanent change to your hand.
    This Territory War is not a permanent change to your roster or the game. It's Once Only.

It's a bit of a face palm that you took this so literal, but I'll play along.

Head in ceiling fan = a serious headache and a lesson learned from how stupid it was.
    Hand in blender = guild member(s) uninstalling game because they are tired of this crap. (IE: permanent change).

RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Trying to start civil threads for discussion...... They seem to keep dissapearing ....
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    The only way this becomes a “one time” thing is if we pitch a huge fit and threaten the revenue stream.

No it isn't. Read the original post again.
    "We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future"

• PeldorV
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    More I think about it less I like it.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    The entire original post that was made is confusing. Over half the people that read it have no idea what you are talking about. Do we vote on who to remove from the territory war or do we vote on who we get to use? Either way, it’s a horrible idea. As far as the bonuses go, if the characters performed in-game according to how they perform in the canon/legends you wouldn’t NEED bonuses i.e. Mace Windu, General Grievous, Count Dooku, etc..

I agree bad idea
    1u921omaf634.jpeg

Vote to keep six. Your six votes are playable the other four are banned.
  • I love this idea! It's all a give and take. We could effectively eliminate any tough match ups. This can almost force different teams to be played. It's a cool concept and nothing about this is Permanent, so hey! I think group 2 will be kept by the dev team because of overall accessibility of the characters. The other 3 groups have characters only available through raids or GET.

I don't see why. If this had been a change that you thought was a good idea, would you really be saying they should have done a couple of normal ones first before doing something you liked?

REALLY?

Yes, really, I've been working on my TW teams and now the game is telling me that I can't use toons I've spent crystals, zeta's and gear on. And just so you understand, let me be clear, the ONLY reason I did this was for TW, I don't need the toons I was working on for GA or any other part of the game. And after weeks of waiting you are now going to tell me that not only might they not be able to be used, but we are only having 2 this month instead of 4 after going without them.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Trying to start civil threads for discussion...... They seem to keep dissapearing ....

Yeah, saw that🤨😕
    Beyol wrote: »
    Boo hoo, said the community, I hate to have to think.
    I like it, especially if it makes others have fits. This thread is going to be fun. I'll make the popcorn.

Make sure it’s buttered!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
This discussion has been closed.