Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• jbs2886 wrote: »
    Does this mean these characters get bonuses? Its very unclear what the groupings mean.

I'm not english native speaker.
    English is my third language.
    The instructions are very confusing.

The way this is carried, take out every non english player for the game, and there is a ton of them.

• Fatmann
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    giphy.gif

/thread
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    CG, this is a bad bad bad idea.

exactly!!
  • Notice how no one is complaining about no Revan event this month? Mission accomplished. Smoke and mirrors.
  • Kyp2010
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ORIGINAL THREAD
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    With the positive feedback we heard from the community following the limited-time character bonuses we added to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Clone Wars, as well as the recent addition of the Grand Arena events, we’re going to continue to shake things up in Territory Wars as we move into the future.

When Territory Wars was introduced, it was the first opportunity players had to test their full rosters against other players. Now that the Grand Arena events are running, we believe this will be a much better fit for challenging players who have a similar collection. This will be the arena for purely competitive play.

That frees us up to take Territory Wars in a more playful and fun direction. It also gives us as developers a ton more options to keep this mode fresh and interesting. We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future, but for the next Territory War, we’re giving the community the ability to shape what it looks like!

Here’s how it will work:
    1. The community will vote to keep 6 out of 10 groups of 4 characters that you want to see available during for next Territory War. Any groups NOT chosen will be unavailable for this Territory Wars
    2. While the community votes, the Dev team will hold their own poll and pick 1 out of 4 groups of characters to keep as well (For this Territory War, we’re publishing the groups that we’ll choose from ahead of time. See our potential picks in the Dev Poll Options below)
    3. Finally, we will post the Community’s top picks and our picks prior to the start of the event to give you time to strategize

Other Rules:
    • Any unlisted character (i.e., not in any group) will automatically be available for use
    • The poll will be open until Jan 7th
    • Results of both the Community and internal Dev poll will be posted on Jan 9th

We’d love to hear your feedback and ideas around Territory Wars - Community Style but also don’t forget to vote for January below!

THIS POLL IS FOR THE NEXT Territory Wars (1/13/2018). Click below and get picking!

January Community Poll Options:
    Choose 6 groups out of the 10
    uKpvmwg.png

January Dev Poll Options:
    We will vote internally on which 1 out of 4 groups below to keep! Who do you think we will choose?
    • GROUP 1: Han Solo, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum), Enfys Nest, First Order Stormtrooper
    • GROUP 2: Ezra Bridger, Count Dooku, Sith Trooper, Kylo Ren
    • GROUP 3: Boba Fett, Hermit Yoda, Snowtrooper, First Order Executioner
    • GROUP 4: Bastila Shan, Wampa, Resistance Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot
    ORIGINAL THREAD

Why do we continually ignore older characters that more people have? Every one of these groups has something it's nearly impossible to get without spending a ton of cash or waiting forever. That's just not fun.

Let's stop ignoring some of these older squads and quit trying to lasso people into dumping cash. The F2P people are never going to do it in large quantities. I have a budget and no matter what you release I will never break it because I keep to financial responsibility.

For what it is worth.. I didn't vote, because I couldn't find 6 squads that I had more than half of, and i've been at this game for almost 3 years now.
  • Venn
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I have literally never bothered to post in these forums but this is a step too far. TW is the favorite activity of my guild. Most of us (myself included) have not enjoyed GA very much (despite doing well on it) and we're disappointed to not have a TW in December. Now you bring it back and completely ruin it.
    Our guild focused on having lean rosters and farming specific teams for TW. Many of us spent quite a bit of money doing so to be effective as a guild and now not only are you reducing the number of TW you are letting other people tell us what we are allowed to use on the rosters we have built.
    Ridiculous. Many of my guild mates expressed their outrage at this and we very nearly unanimously agree that we will NOT be opening our wallets again with changes like this becoming more common.
    Hope you didn't just shoot yourselves in the pocketbook with this asinine move.
  • So, again, since my threads keep dissapearing and I am told they are merged only to not even be able to be accessed and my posts are gone, this is a complete slap in the face to anyone who has built a decent roster.....

No zombie = no sisters...... No.kru = no fo...... No Hera = no phoenix..... Etc etc..... And really, you want to limit Traya and Revan (I don't even have them and I feel those that do should cash in)............ This is absolutely ridiculous.....
  • I think it's great that the devs keep trying to put some fun in. The problem with this option is many players view the loss of characters they worked hard on as a punishment. You will always get some negative feedback for new things, but you get less negativity using rewards/bonuses than a perceived punishment.

There are plenty of options that could have been used instead.

Team/character X starts with full tm
    Team/character X starts heavily buffed
    When facing team/character X, team y starts debuffed.
    New character, fully levelled and geared, only useable for this tw... grants bonuses to other garbage toons.

My choice would be an uber beastly Massiff, they were used by geonosians, tuskens and clone troopers for guard and tracking purposes. Some good abilities it could have: can attack stealthed toons, inflicts dots on those attacking it... give it a guard function like chewie but it attacks any character that harms those it is guarding..
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Time for the torches and pitchforks
  • no investment is safe anymore....P-E-R-I-O-D
  • I really don't see how this is supposed to be fun at all. Let's take toons that players have farmed and geared and then not let them use them? That sounds like a Dilbert comic strip

TW is my favorite part of the game. Please scrap this idea and don't take away some of my toons. Do different buff bonuses like cup, mace, whatever...just not this
  • If they really wanted to change up TW and get the community involved the smart thing to do would have been to give us a list of say 6-8 older characters. Let the community vote and the top 4 get bonuses for a month in TW. Don't screw us over by breaking up all the factions in the game..

On a side note, this negatively affects players with a smaller roster because they are more likely to have farmed the meta teams. If you suddenly make half of their top characters useless there isn't much they can do.

For those saying "don't worry it's a one time thing..." that doesn't necessarily mean that we should still go through with this.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Time for the torches and pitchforks

I'm all out of torches, pitchforks and popcorn, but sitting at a bar with scotch and a fully charged phone battery.

What do we want - a better game!

When do we want it - August!
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • I hope that any benched toons gp’s will be taken out of the match up algorhythms also. That’s highly unfair if it remains. I for one am not happy about this. It was bad enough loosing them for a month. My guild was on a brilliant roll of wins and I fear this will mean people loose interest and go back to not bothering again.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I like the idea and agree with making TW Fun and community focused and Grand Arena competive!

Edit: I think if the community votes were on bonuses instead of removing characters from the TW, everyone might be happy! My 2 cents.
    Post edited by SNAKEMAN on
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • begem_ua
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm not very old player, just about 1,5 years in game. I'm still working on my roster and i remember how hard it was to get & upgrade some of my toons. now I will not be able to use whole TEAMS...
    so, thanks cg a lot!! and happy new year
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • This is dumb. Where can I vote for that? Game is going downhill. GA sucks if you farmed for TW and TB. Fleet sucks with the new Mace time out fleet. Now TW is going to break up proven squads. Maybe some people have all day to play this game and figure stuff out like this and GA 3v3 but I suspect most of us work many more hours in a day than we have time to play. My New Years prediction is the game goes downhill. Release a JJB as a legendary next please.
  • corranhorn78
    139 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I keep seeing innane responses that there will be variety to TW. There has not been any variety to TW other than the clone wars map despite promises to the contrary made in November 2017 when it rolled out.

CG does try to listen to us occasionally. It occasionally changes the course of the game. So if you don’t like this POST. if you think this is dumb POST. If you like to watch eat popcorn while Coruscant burns POST. Don’t go silently into the night and accept this outrage.
  • So, Imop, this new TW step is complete junk..... It allows players to neuter many of the key toons we have all worked hard on...... What is a new team worth without zombie?..... An to team without Kru, a resistance team without rjt and the list goes on......

I do tbhsve Revan or even Traya, and yet I am opposed to these toons being included In "the vote"......

I have had many posts and threads deleted claiming I was posting in the wrong area..... But I am totally in the right area now.......no reason to delete this.....
  • Maybe instead of a random list of toons, turn it into a theme instead. That way it doesn't look like you're just throwing random things and checking to see what sticks. For example, an Empire/Rebels only TW. So only toons from Rogue 1, Episode 4,5,6 and Star Wars Rebels are included. So no KOTOR, Sith that aren't in the above movies, no Revan, no Triumvirate, no clone wars toons, no FO, no Resistance. But you'd have good lineups with synergy: Rogue 1, CLS and his gang, Imperial Troopers, Phoenix, Palp, Vader, Thrawn, Maul, Krennic, other rebels such as ROLO, Capt. Han Solo, Ackbar, Leia, ST Han, Lando/Lobot, Bounty Hunters, Ewoks. You'd still have some Jedi - Hermit Yoda, GMY, Old Ben, Ahsoka. For fleet, you only have Ackbar on the rebel side but you can buff it up so it'll be comparable vs. Chimaera or Executrix.

How about that?
  • How about a poll on whether this is a good idea or not instead of the poll to limit toon usage?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    So, Imop, this new TW step is complete junk..... It allows players to neuter many of the key toons we have all worked hard on...... What is a new team worth without zombie?..... An to team without Kru, a resistance team without rjt and the list goes on......

I do tbhsve Revan or even Traya, and yet I am opposed to these toons being included In "the vote"......

I have had many posts and threads deleted claiming I was posting in the wrong area..... But I am totally in the right area now.......no reason to delete this.....

It won't be deleted it will be merged lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I dont usually post on these but this is the worst decision devs have made. I have a 4.74 million roster that i have spent time and lots of money on. So for those players like myself that have spent money getting all the best characters/gearing for TW. CG will you be also posting how to get refunds for said players? Since what we paid for we no longer get to use for the purpose we bought them... almost feels like bait and switch...

P.S.
    Just curious was CG's New Year's Resolution "get as many players to stop spending money on swgoh as we can?"
  • I don't understand how denying us the ability to play with a total of 28 characters (many of which are integral components to many defensive and offensive squads) is supposed to be fun?! A better community poll would be to have us vote on which potential buffs should be added in the next TW. For example, an option to make Tusken Shaman have a +150 offense up, another option to give another buff to Jawa Engineer, etc. CG, please reconsider this new TW setup.
  • tpizbpcp4439.jpg
  • giphy.gif

Brilliant
  • What positive feedback? Seriously who wants this stuff. CG continues to be blind as to what players actually want. Three years later and it keeps going downhill.
  • TVF wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    So, Imop, this new TW step is complete junk..... It allows players to neuter many of the key toons we have all worked hard on...... What is a new team worth without zombie?..... An to team without Kru, a resistance team without rjt and the list goes on......

It won't be deleted it will be merged lol.

I like the another two posts a d the one thread?
  • Do you actually listen to the community or simply make assumptions based on what you "think" we would enjoy?

If your own communication to us is indicative of how you listen to us, then it's no surprise you've come up with this preposterous concept.
  • I hate everything about this. Why would you restrict toons for people who worked hard to gear, zeta, mod, slice mods to make good quality teams. One of the great aspects of TW is the ability to use toons such as scoundrels who aren't arena worthy but are very important for TW. You get to use more of your roster and in more thoughtful and intriguing ways, like finding counters for Traya or Revan you wouldn't normally use in arena. It is very frustrating to limit the use of my roster.
This discussion has been closed.