Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• This has to be one of the worst ideas I ever heard of! I spent the last 3 year's putting Time, effort, and money into building my roster and you are going to tell me I can't use them in a game mode... How is that supposed to be fun! Mark my words worst idea ever .. let the meme's commence
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ORIGINAL THREAD
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    With the positive feedback we heard from the community following the limited-time character bonuses we added to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Clone Wars, as well as the recent addition of the Grand Arena events, we’re going to continue to shake things up in Territory Wars as we move into the future.

Please listen to all the negative feedback in this thread and trash this idea.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    Wow. This is among some of the worst ideas I have ever seen a game try. And I was in swg when the combat revamp happened and in it when the nge killed that game.

Hey devs, this will not go how you think it will
  • Bettz
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    "That frees us up to take Territory Wars in a more playful and fun direction."

Please no....tw is fun because it is a test of our guilds strength, preparation, and teamwork. Month long bonuses are ok, but were better at the original levels, the more recent ones were OP. Please pull back on this idea it is an insult to a lot of effort put in by your most dedicated players.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Please don't let this be like the Sith raid where we posted about how terribly designed it was in the lower tiers and we got to like 60 ignored pages untill six months later.
  • Well this escalated quickly .. needed a Panamax-like entry into the battle
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • It’s a shame that the Guilds that are TW focused and the players that have spent many hours and some of us have spent money on now may not be able to use the toons and teams that we have worked so very hard on. This is very disheartening.

Yeah, it's a real shame that the guilds that are TW focused will have to do something a tiny bit different in one territory war. I mean, for real, could you IMAGINE eating paste for six months and then being told, hey, here's a different type of bland nutritionless paste that you can eat once, and then being mad that they're taking away your paste?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • specdizzle wrote: »
    4cvkvepm4a3n.jpg

Bullcorn, dude, get over yourself.

The people on this board are a small fraction of the playerbase as a whole, and they're the worst human beings on the internet. They could announce "Hello, we're giving everyone a free Wedge tomorrow!" and this board would complain that they don't like the color.

So, no, I reject your dumb meme. In literally every iteration of anything they do, the result on this boar will be "CHANGE IT IT SUCKS AND I DON'T LIKE IT AND PLEASE CHANGE MY DIAPER FOR ME BECAUSE I CAN'T REACH."
  • Nope...if anything dump the Grand Arena and just give us back our normal TW
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    It’s a shame that the Guilds that are TW focused and the players that have spent many hours and some of us have spent money on now may not be able to use the toons and teams that we have worked so very hard on. This is very disheartening.

Yeah, it's a real shame that the guilds that are TW focused will have to do something a tiny bit different in one territory war. I mean, for real, could you IMAGINE eating paste for six months and then being told, hey, here's a different type of bland nutritionless paste that you can eat once, and then being mad that they're taking away your paste?

More like eating paste and cg taking away what makes it paste.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You have got to be kidding me. You think banning characters is "fun and fresh"? Have you gotten so lazy that you have no actual creativity or ideas left to spice things up with TW?

Well, yeah, actually. It *is* fresh and fun. Fresh because you won't run into the same copy/paste deployments, and fun because you'll have to think and plan to overcome the limitation.

It's amazing how many people say they want a challenge, then when one is offered they're always, "NAH, MAN, I WANT OT KEEP DOING THE SAME THING NOW!"
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Why? Who asked for this? Terrible idea. Stop doing what nobody asked for. Switching to F2P for the foreseeable future. 3 years in and this past year is just making me regret spending money on anything at all.
  • They should rename TW to Trash Wars, since that's all most guilds will be able to field.
  • So dumb!!! People spent good money on toons and now they can't potentially use them. I hope others are mad. Give toons bonuses like they did Grevious, Mace, CUP, and Dooku, don't eliminate toons. What **** thought this one up? Give that person a pink slip please. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. And they wonder why the Whales mad. I quit spending on this game, you should too
  • I am very disappointed to see this. I spent a lot of time and money working on improving specific teams to help my guild with TW and now I won’t be able to use some of those teams. I understand that some twists can be fun and make things more interesting but this one doesn’t make sense to me. Assuming that nobody tries to rig the vote and gamers only vote 1 time each, guilds that are at 60m GP and guilds that are at 200m GP have completely different teams they focus on. These people will not be voting the same way.

If we want to exclude some characters from a TW, how about we make it part of the strategy and make it unique to each guild? What I propose (If we want characters to be omitted) is for AFTER the matchup is decided and before defense assignments are set, let each guild pick which characters their opponent is not allowed to use for the match. The number of characters could be based on guild GP (example, 50m GP guild would pick 1 character while a 200m GP guild might pick 4 characters).
    This would add an extra layer of strategy because you would scout out your opponents and decide which characters they would miss the most. It would also allow guilds to still be able to prepare a strategy ahead of time because we know our own strengths, so we can take a good educated guess on which of our characters will be blocked by our opponents so we can plan around it. Example, we might take a chance that Revan will be picked as a non-usable character so we would assign our good mods to someone else before the matchup is locked.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Hahaha give me all my money back because I can't use every one of my toons in one game mode for one week.

The human race is doomed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This post was way too clear. Can you make it more confusing please? Thanks!
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    I've planned defensive lines on this mode since the start and the devs have finally pushed me to want to resign and walk away. It was bad enough that you took them off the calendar for a month, then you cut the amount of them down and what little we have left you crap out one of the worst ideas ever
  • TVF wrote: »
    Hahaha give me all my money back because I can't use every one of my toons in one game mode for one week.

The human race is doomed.

I know. So many tantrums all the time about all the things. At least when the world ends, my last words can be, "At least I didn't get mad about a video game."
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Well they definitely brought the community together on this one...I see about 2,345,321 nays to 3 yes votes on this one
  • Dumb dumb dumb dumb.....
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kokie wrote: »
    Well they definitely brought the community together on this one...I see about 2,345,321 nays to 3 yes votes on this one

Not sure if I missed any yes votes but mine is like every other change, which is "I withhold judgement until I actually play the event, and until I know what the frequency is, and how it changes each time."

The community overreacts to everything before they even know what will happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I feel that instead of fixing matchmaking by including revan and traya etc into the algorithm they decided to place the blame on the players. The main thing people hated about TWs was the pisspoor matchmaking.
  • Al486
    10 posts Member
    I really liked the different character bonuses that were applied to TW back in November.

I don't like this idea of banning characters though.

Some more variety of character bonuses would be the way to go for TW in my opinion, not banning characters.
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    "Hey all that money you've spent? A quarter of it will be negated by the whims of the masses."

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Azryel
    149 posts Member
    I think we all need to put the pitch forks down and actually let it play out in these next TWs before we pass judgement. As a high end (5 million GP) player I must admit I live Grand Arena. It is a fresh and exciting game mode. As for TW, it had become super stale. It’s the same defensive and offensive teams over and over. Only a handful of guilds can buy all the new toons and utilize them right away. TW suffers from not having too many high end elite guilds. Once you leave the top 5ish, the other guilds don’t stand a chance at beating them. I say embrace the change and lets see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.