Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Wow, I had no idea there were so many players suffering from Stockholm Syndrome , I’m quite amazed at the utter lack of anything resembling thought that is happening here. The utter preposterous reactions to a change on a boring game mode, for a brief moment, one event if I am not mistaken, two at the worst case. Why is that such a perceived insult that folks are literally losing their minds and threatening all kinds of nonsense over reactions?

Pretty sure the first tenet has been forgotten here in a huge way, This is a game, it is supposed to be fun, and it is supposed to provide entertainment and a challenge, using the same old same old, doing the same old same old, expecting a different result from doing the same old same old, in a rounda bout way is the definition of insanity.

TRY something new, TRY something unique, it will be a new experience that may well surprise folks by making them think outside their comfortable I’ll just use this meta squad click hit auto. .

There is no harm in trying new things, new things lead to new adventures and new ideas, break the mold, be brave in the face of the unknown. TRY new things, LIVE a little.

By "TRY".....you mean to flush down all the time/resources/ and money spent on 28 toons that are to be excluded from a game mode....you got blinders on, friend.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    And let's also not forget, they're using a forum which represents a percentage, and not even close to a majority, of the player base to vote on this. And, this forum has many F2P whiners, so I'm really glad their votes will help dictate whether or not the people that pay to improve their rosters, and thereby keep the game running, can use their full rosters. Brilliant. (if you don't pay to play at all it you're not helping the game, very important to remember that)

False.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dunedain wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea there were so many players suffering from Stockholm Syndrome , I’m quite amazed at the utter lack of anything resembling thought that is happening here. The utter preposterous reactions to a change on a boring game mode, for a brief moment, one event if I am not mistaken, two at the worst case. Why is that such a perceived insult that folks are literally losing their minds and threatening all kinds of nonsense over reactions?

Pretty sure the first tenet has been forgotten here in a huge way, This is a game, it is supposed to be fun, and it is supposed to provide entertainment and a challenge, using the same old same old, doing the same old same old, expecting a different result from doing the same old same old, in a rounda bout way is the definition of insanity.

TRY something new, TRY something unique, it will be a new experience that may well surprise folks by making them think outside their comfortable I’ll just use this meta squad click hit auto. .

There is no harm in trying new things, new things lead to new adventures and new ideas, break the mold, be brave in the face of the unknown. TRY new things, LIVE a little.

By "TRY".....you mean to flush down all the time/resources/ and money spent on 28 toons that are to be excluded from a game mode....you got blinders on, friend.

Nope, I’m not adverse to new challenges, and really, nothing’s flushed, it’s still there, and you can use them again next time. Nothing is lost, nothing is taken away etc etc, . .
  • Azryel
    149 posts Member
    @Darknesswon thats exactly what I am saying. I am really digging the variety. 5x5, 3x3, etc. I have enjoyed the little changes each time. This game is evolving and I am super happy about that.
  • All these negative comments, yikes... At any rate, it will be good to see people working around this and the theory crafting that will go with it :smile:
  • TVF wrote: »
    And let's also not forget, they're using a forum which represents a percentage, and not even close to a majority, of the player base to vote on this. And, this forum has many F2P whiners, so I'm really glad their votes will help dictate whether or not the people that pay to improve their rosters, and thereby keep the game running, can use their full rosters. Brilliant. (if you don't pay to play at all it you're not helping the game, very important to remember that)

False.

Which part is false? You think the majority of the player base is on these forums and active? Or the P2P part? Either way, neither is false.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    jbs2886 wrote: »
    Does this mean these characters get bonuses? Its very unclear what the groupings mean.
    Anyone picked will be available in the next TW. The 4 groups of characters (16 total) that don't get picked from the Community Poll, will be temporarily banned for the next TW. Plus we will pick 1 of 4 groups, which mean 3 more groups (12 characters) will not be available. That's a total of 28 characters you won't be able to use in this next TW

This is a move in the wrong direction. Can we instead vote on "No confidence in CG" like they did in Episode 1 to get rid of Chancellor Valorum?

We want bonuses to make Territory Wars more fun, not have you remove toons we worked hard and spent time and money to gear. This is the exact opposite about what we were enjoying.

Can you at least let us do a survey on whether or not we want this as the TW bonus this time since you cant seem to make guild events that can run at the time and screwed us down to 1 TB this month?
  • Azryel wrote: »
    @Darknesswon thats exactly what I am saying. I am really digging the variety. 5x5, 3x3, etc. I have enjoyed the little changes each time. This game is evolving and I am super happy about that.

Again what variety. Outside the 3x3 its the same teams as tw , just 3 times a week, what variety do you speak of?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

False.

Which part is false? You think the majority of the player base is on these forums and active? Or the P2P part? Either way, neither is false.

Without f2p, no one would pay for the advantage that they get by paying, and the game would die.
  • this is sooo Dumb just wont be playing it ...what happens if allt he main characters you have been investing in get banned .........i guess you dont get to play and dont get to have fun. Theres nothing playful or fun about having characters that you were investing in Banned ...it feels bad ....buffing characters is fun .........banning characters is crap.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Azryel wrote: »

Again what variety. Outside the 3x3 its the same teams as tw , just 3 times a week, what variety do you speak of?

I saw a team that was a Dooku lead, three bugs, and Visas.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Wanna keep game fresh do something with ships ANYTHING..... im not for or against the TE nonsense but sick of utter lack of ship content
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Azryel wrote: »

3v3 was some nice variety, gotta admit I enjoyed that. But nothing was excluded in that scenario.
    On the same note, all the TW buffs were fun, that route would prolly be better and more fun than exclusions.
  • TVF wrote: »

False.

Without f2p, no one would pay for the advantage that they get by paying, and the game would die.

I respect your opinion, as that's probably true for players that are newer to the game. I don't consider myself competing with any F2P players at this point.

If they don't make money, they don't develop new content. When they develop new content, they should consider the people that fund their little adventure. But, maybe they did. With only F2P, the game would die much faster than without. If it were only P2P, the game would certainly live on, because there would be revenue. F2P boost their usage stats which boosts ad revenue, so I can see that being a +1 for F2P. BUT, the bottom line is the bottom line, and always will (and should) be, and to that point, it's important to hear from the people that contribute to that bottom line.
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2019

and Count Dooku feeling like

k9nztl74u4cq.jpg

Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • ZoeyMara wrote: »
    this is sooo Dumb just wont be playing it ...what happens if allt he main characters you have been investing in get banned .........i guess you dont get to play and dont get to have fun. Theres nothing playful or fun about having characters that you were investing in Banned ...it feels bad ....buffing characters is fun .........banning characters is crap.
    I totally agree with you. I would personally have been much more excited if we got to vote on which group of four characters got special buffs, and thought that was what the announcement was going to be at first.

• This is very stupid .
    talk about sucking the fun out of it
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    I just don’t even know how an idea like this didn’t have a single person within your organization look at anyone else and tell them how stupid of an idea this is. Your leadership is awful, or this is a toxic work environment where people can’t challange superiors when they come out with crap like this. Glad to see my money is being well spent over there, thanks....
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    crumb read all 17 pages here and prob like “they LOVE it” lolz
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Remember this when your on the other side of the coin
  • I’ve just created an account, so I can make a desperate attempt to get you to reconsider. We want TW with no restrictions. For many of us, it’s the only part of the game that keeps us playing. We are very proud of our winning TW records. We’ve worked hard to achieve those squads. Some of us even spent a little money making them. Don’t take them away from us.
  • Is this bait to further fluff our rosters yet get our hands cut off during GA? This does not compute, but practice will show.
  • Prepare to merge this post lol
  • This is ridiculous. I've spent over two year, countless hours and no small amount of money farming my inventory and gear and they are going to keep me from being able to to use a huge chunk of them in the next TW? Ridiculous. I won't play it and am advising my guide members not to either.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    this is sooo Dumb just wont be playing it ...what happens if allt he main characters you have been investing in get banned .........i guess you dont get to play and dont get to have fun. Theres nothing playful or fun about having characters that you were investing in Banned ...it feels bad ....buffing characters is fun .........banning characters is crap.
    I totally agree with you. I would personally have been much more excited if we got to vote on which group of four characters got special buffs, and thought that was what the announcement was going to be at first.

totally they should of been doing a vote on which group of 4 to BUFF not which groups to ban ....taking characters away that you have been investing in , in no way shape or form fun! Buff characters is fun ....no use in playing if half of the characters you were investing time and money into are banned.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lets vote out 28 ships oh wait.... prob could not field a team then....
  • WORST.IDEA.EVER.

Seriously...either you people drank WAY TOO MUCH at your holiday party, or are still on a holiday drug bender, but regardless...this has to be one of the ****, most p*sspoor decisions EVER.

Lay down the crack pipes and try again CG.
  • Dunedain wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea there were so many players suffering from Stockholm Syndrome , I’m quite amazed at the utter lack of anything resembling thought that is happening here. The utter preposterous reactions to a change on a boring game mode, for a brief moment, one event if I am not mistaken, two at the worst case. Why is that such a perceived insult that folks are literally losing their minds and threatening all kinds of nonsense over reactions?

Nope, I’m not adverse to new challenges, and really, nothing’s flushed, it’s still there, and you can use them again next time. Nothing is lost, nothing is taken away etc etc, . .

What's with you being content about "use them again next time"? Why is there a "next time" in the 1st place?People didnt invest and pay for toons just so they could be used "next time" Every day that you are not allowed to play the toons you worked on is being taken away...you dont get that day back. Otherwise, why should anyone bother paying for a toon when its going to be banned in a game mode for 1-2 months?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    WORST.IDEA.EVER.

Seriously...either you people drank WAY TOO MUCH at your holiday party, or are still on a holiday drug bender, but regardless...this has to be one of the ****, most p*sspoor decisions EVER.

Lay down the crack pipes and try again CG.

You heard crumb everyone loves everything
This discussion has been closed.