Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Kantouch wrote: »
    So I’ve been playing about a month. Just hit 65 and was excited about being able to (maybe?) help the guild in these events I just unlocked

First and foremost, I’m totally screwed if the Hera group is excluded. I literally have no other cohesive team to field but Phoenix.

I can understand the devs’ desire to breathe new life into a mode that’s become stale, but, from what I’ve gathered even prior to today’s news, that stale mode was territory battles not wars. There was always buzz in the discord about this TW thing. It didn’t seem like (much) change was needed. To choose to totally exclude 28 characters from competition is insanely over the top, imo.

Why not start with like...five? Give the community 20-25 characters and vote five off the island, IF you insist on excluding any at all.

I may be extremely new to SWGOH but I’ve been an avid gamer for over a decade and had my first video game experience over 25 years ago. When you take things away from gamers, they’re NEVER happy. Sometimes it’s necessary and understandable due to a character/item/mechanic being too powerful or not WAI.

This is not one of those understandable scenarios. This is NOT playful nor fun.

90% of the fan base is not happy about this....CG is pretty good at listening on big or new stuff when we make enough noise from the start....where they fail is listening to feedback concerning previously released content.

Btw! Now may be a good time to check out SWGOH reddit....people are raging about it over there.
  • Tautas wrote: »
    I like idea.

Who will join for voting Revan out?

Not me. And I don't have Revan.

If there is no incentive to invest money or time in levelling and gearing up for the newest meta toons the game will die.
  • DingoFnBaby
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hate to break it to you guys @CG_SBCrumb - but this is just too much kitten. Nobody wants to have to scramble and re-think their entire guild's TW strategy on a monthly basis.

This might be an ongoing effort, but the general level of life suck and effort you guys are requiring with even just the additional task loading of GA, is the worst part. And the groups are basically nonsensical, with no faction boundaries and trade offs from current TW meta with every single one. Most of the higher end players in the game.. and heavily invested ones, have lives that have allowed them to maintain high end accounts in this game, but every time you add more task loading, you basically kill off a chunk of the player base. And the #1 gripe? Time suck.

Please stop coming up with ideas to suck more time away from our real life commitments.

Dingo
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Flawed thinking here.
    Adding bonuses to existing bad characters = fun.
    Taking away characters I worked on = not fun.
  • This is a game about strategic resource management and you should be rewarded for strategically investing in a character. People who did this investment were then punished, because there is no way to “level down” a character. This doesn’t always perfectly hold up, but we do our best to hold to the spirit of that core pillar as much as we possibly can.
    @CG_SBCrumb from your paper zombie post.
    So why are we being punished now for investing in characters if we're supposed to be rewarded in your words!
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Original Swgoh toons only. Like CWC and GS.
    I like this one.
  • I like that CG is trying to improve games modes but this fell flat in my opinion.

A few ideas that may not upset the player base so much.
    1.) remove leader abilities from voted on leaders. Then create TW bonus leadership abilities for a non leaders
    2.) make TW zones platoon style were multiple players can fill teams.
  • And as far as GA goes.. leave it at 5 man squads. Stop with the stupid bonuses and restrictions in the PvP and GvG game modes and let people relax into a rhythm of regular competition. It's bad enough how much time daily is **** out of someone's life these days to play the game, to the point where people have to ignore real life commitments or simply skip over as much of the content as possible including raids.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I thought ppl would at least do it once just to see how it works

9wuleszpfftx.png

To see how it works?

OK, same logic: let’s go to a basketball game, have the starting lineup banned from playing at all during the gamethe reason you ask is to make the game fun and playful.

The game is built on limited resources and proper allocation of said resources. Banning and benching the characters that were the result of hard work and long time developing the best characters is ANTI SWGOH.

I do not care if this is just ONE time of TW— it goes against what the game is about.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Hate to break it to you guys @CG_SBCrumb - but this is just too much kitten. Nobody wants to have to scramble and re-think their entire guild's TW strategy on a monthly basis.

This might be an ongoing effort, but the general level of life suck and effort you guys are requiring with even just the additional task loading of GA, is the worst part. And the groups are basically nonsensical, with no faction boundaries and trade offs from current TW meta with every single one. Most of the higher end players in the game.. and heavily invested ones, have lives that have allowed them to maintain high end accounts in this game, but every time you add more task loading, you basically kill off a chunk of the player base. And the #1 gripe? Time suck.

Please stop coming up with ideas to suck more time away from our real life commitments.

Dingo

What time suck ??? How long dis it take to do your event today ??? How long to set or not set your GA.... xmas was great cause there was stuff to do...

Does this mean your against new content like ship raid or assault battles etc ???

I may not like this idea, maybe cause it again could have been ship content...

But unless your a guild officer (which is voluntary) almost everything is simmable or autoable.....

What time sink ????? I think you would find a lot of people kind of wish there was stuff to spend time on
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I thought ppl would at least do it once just to see how it works

9wuleszpfftx.png

To see how it works?

OK, same logic: let’s go to a basketball game, have the starting lineup banned from playing at all during the gamethe reason you ask is to make the game fun and playful.

The game is built on limited resources and proper allocation of said resources. Banning and benching the characters that were the result of hard work and long time developing the best characters is ANTI SWGOH.

I do not care if this is just ONE time of TW— it goes against what the game is about.

I think the picture went over your head... you aint gotta explain why its bad... i agreed it was 10x times already :) good analogy tho.... the xmas presents one was the beat tho
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    50 percent dodge rate to all toons

You didn't think about double yoda+gk foresight abuse under old ben lead didn't you ?
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Next tw remove all synergy

Pretty much.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Good now we can move to ship content
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    You can only vote once..... per browser🤣😉👍

or you activate anonymous surfing and vote as often as you wish to.... :p

The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Lobo21050 wrote: »

Btw! Now may be a good time to check out SWGOH reddit....people are raging about it over there.

Yeah it’s on fire there. Figured I’d express my opinion here with less trolls and a better chance of catching a dev’s eye.
  • If we liked the bonuses, dont take away characters that we have worked hard for and ruin my, and many others, favorite part of the game, give us more bonuses! This is crazy.
  • I hate it! And here is why:
    • I'm playing this game for 9 month and I have 1.2m GP. My only good team with 100k+ is my Bastilla Team. Everything else is below 80k. So if you choose my main team all my efford is meaningless and I cant participate.
    • Take it to the Guild Level. If you have a lower guild with players like me. You might be banning some main teams and make other guild a lot stronger even if there are in the same GP Level. So the fight might be extremly unfair!
    • If you are a pay2play type and you may be spend hundreds of dollars on toons you ban thats just a big finger to thoose players. Why should somebody spend a lot of money to some toons where they dont know if they can use them?

On the other hand. You made with Grand Arena a really fun experience. There is no solid strategy, its always changing and the people have to adopt. So why dont you do that to TW instead? That would shake up the game to everybody on the same level without hurting players!

Conclusion: Renounce the changes and adopt TW like GA!
  • I haven't read all 21 pages of thread so sorry id this is a repeat...

Will character excluded by the vote still contribute to guild active GP?... As this is what reward theirs and match making are based on
  • I hate it! And here is why:
    • I'm playing this game for 9 month and I have 1.2m GP. My only good team with 100k+ is my Bastilla Team. Everything else is below 80k. So if you choose my main team all my efford is meaningless and I cant participate.
    • Take it to the Guild Level. If you have a lower guild with players like me. You might be banning some main teams and make other guild a lot stronger even if there are in the same GP Level. So the fight might be extremly unfair!
    • If you are a pay2play type and you may be spend hundreds of dollars on toons you ban thats just a big finger to thoose players. Why should somebody spend a lot of money to some toons where they dont know if they can use them?

On the other hand. You made with Grand Arena a really fun experience. There is no solid strategy, its always changing and the people have to adopt. So why dont you do that to TW instead? That would shake up the game to everybody on the same level without hurting players!

Conclusion: Renounce the changes and adopt TW like GA!
  • Bring back the old TW with some bonuses on certain toons / factions. It's that simple @CG_SBCrumb

Do NOT mess up the best game mode (TW) with, sorry to say, silly ideas !
  • I get all the frustration thing going...
    However, I think it just temporary, 1 time thing only - to shake things a bit in game.

Without many important units, players will need to think the best way how to sub them. Sure it is time demanding, but still something new.

I don't agree with this happening for a longer period of time, but I don't stress if it is only 1 month thing.
  • Grand Arena should have taught everyone who didn’t already know to not inflate their roster GP just for the sake of raising it. Raise your GP and build your roster with the most useful characters first. Lesson learned. Now you want to ban the useful characters. What exactly are you wanting the community to do ? Build our rosters carefully and useful or just level everything all at once ? Make up your minds....
  • Rework grievous!

Please :3
  • @Tautas do you plan a role in planning TE strategy for your guild? I do. And I can tell you what a nightmare this is. This isn’t a 1 player vs 1 played event. It’s up to 50 vs 50. That is the issue
  • Please vote on the 28 characters you spent hard earned money and/or time on that you would like banned from the next tw. It will be fun.

CG you and I have VERY different definitions of fun.

Seriously though, how in the world did they ever think banning 28 characters would make it fun for us?? Fun is adding stuff, not taking it away.
  • OtrEbor wrote: »
    Come on guys... have you ever read ‘Who’s taken my cheese?’

Stop moaning!

The book is called "who moved my cheese" not taken and this update is horrible plain and simple! Adding a bonus is a change or something along those lines this is a total nerf to all the players who have made this game what it has become and worked hard farming toons etc...
  • Yes, this is a strange idea. But don’t forget to vote.
  • I agree and i'd rather like new content instead of changing existing (and working) content.
    Add something new instead ! Without deleting other event like you did for TW because of GA.
This discussion has been closed.