Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• I love GA, but it is being tempered by the amount of non attacks or non defense.

In this GA my first opponent didn't attack while my second only put a fleet defense in.

I'm one of those players who would rather play and lose by a point (which i have) than win by forfeit.

Please cg, stop the fleet only defence by giving the sector clear points if your opponent doesn't set any defense in that sector.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah, that too. Wasn’t it active for at least one of the seasons?

I think it was active for one of the events but there were bugs so they deactivated it. Not positive on that though.

oz2ekxh97i63.png

The struggle is real

If you could stop posting obvious photoshopped images that are also completely unrelated to my posts that would be great, thank you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Between hurting TB via GP suppression and recent TW changes, it seems CG is hell bent on making GA relevant by ruining guild coordinated events.

Yea, maybe so. It's a dumb idea tho. Most players I know don't even bother with GA at this point. Ruining TW will mean they'll care even less about the game, and possibly stop playing altogether
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Every change results in a bunch of people claiming they are quitting the game because it's ruined. And then the same people are back a few months later to complain about the next new thing and say they're quitting all over again.

If people actually followed through this place would be much more chill.
  • I was really looking forward to the Territory Wars. I have enjoyed 3v3 and 5v5 GA. Many of you know that I have been quite positive with my comments.
    But...restricting the toons we are allowed to use? My guild had a cool strategy we were going to try in the next TW that I am quite sure could have allowed us to have our very first win. I have been building specific toons quite aggressively to help my guild. If certain toons are cut this will blow our plan out of the water. Not good. This does not feel very playful to me.
  • Al486
    10 posts Member
    I just want to say that I really like Grand Arena - particularly the latest mixed character (5v5) and ships format. Great work CG :)
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Grand arena is fun. Grand arena at the expense of TW and TB is stupid. I'd rather have TW and TB offered at the old rate of 2 TB and 4 TW per month than have ANY kind of grand arena.
  • Just noticed that in the event of a tie in banners, the player with the higher GP wins. Which is stupid. The player with the higher GP already had an advantage with more/better characters, why should he win in the event that someone with less than he has managed to tie with him?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    Just noticed that in the event of a tie in banners, the player with the higher GP wins. Which is stupid. The player with the higher GP already had an advantage with more/better characters, why should he win in the event that someone with less than he has managed to tie with him?

Higher GP doesn't necessarily have any advantage as the matchmaking makes sure we are all within a few hundreds of the same GP range. The matchmaking can be very lopsided but that has nothing to do with who has the most GP in a given league (and rather how GP is calculated itself) At this point it's no different than Raid seeds we get the moment we register for it...i.e. as random as possible.
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    I still haven't heard why I took every single toon to min level 50, G6/G7, and level 3 abilities, and yet I've had favorable matchups (or at worst even matchups) in all my rounds, and yet somehow matchmaking is broken.

Why is that?

Guess I'm the luckiest person in the world.

I also got 7* Chewbacca first time round. Weird.

It's because they lost their match and now don't like it.
  • Just my 2 cents worth for feedback.
    1. While I don't mind GA, its well worth noting that rewards are not worth the time involved and it takes way too much time. I prefer TW / TB to GA by far, it's not even a close contest.
    2. I will not be signing up for further GA's and while I don't mind them implementing GA however they see fit, I don't appreciate it being at the expense of the current TB / TW format and I don't like the direction they are taking with TW either.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Can we get longer ga please. We've come to the final and I've gotten another weak matchup.

He won his first few rounds because opposition didn't make an effort probably.

If we have a 64 man bracket with 6 rounds by the final few rounds top performers should see people that are more competitive and lower performers should see people that can competitive for them.
  • I dislike so much the way that GA do the matching.
    I have always prioritized raising the power of all the characters in my inventory, both in gear and in rarity. I have 3.9 million GP. But I did not agree with what they did with Revan and I did not want to pay the price to have it, besides my guild recently managed to conquer the heroic level of the Sith Raid, so I do not have Traya available either.
    In the three GA I have been paired with players who have Revan and Traya, I have not been able to win one of these battles.
    This make me feel like I should not have raise my GP, but before GA the game encouraged you to increase as much as you can your GP, so I feel cheated.

I must ask to CG to improve the matching algorithm to take into account certain toons that make a big difference in GA tournaments.
  • thewhitegift
    294 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I absolutely love GA, however it does seem silly that we get punished for having a developed roster from a to z. I would think this needs to be addressed somehow.

The whole "he has revan and traya and i dont" doesnt bother me, good on him for having them, i will try to beat him anyways, but the issue addressed in my first paragraph does bother me. It does seem comparable to the paper zombie issue.

@CG_SBCrumb
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I absolutely love GA, however it does seem silly that we get punished for having a developed roster from a to z. I would think this needs to be addressed somehow.

The whole "he has revan and traya and i dont" doesnt bother me, good on him for having them, i will try to beat him anyways, but the issue addressed in my first paragraph does bother me. It does seem comparable to the paper zombie issue.

@CG_SBCrumb

It's not comparable to paper zombie issue. If it was you should promptly take all your toons to max.

It's comparable to the note given at ailing the situation where the developer states where their priorities and core pillar lies.
  • Most I know are loving GA. Very nice rewards and fun gameplay. Let’s give some credit where due. Thanks
  • thewhitegift
    294 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    jga0i1jemkic.png
    ea09pjk2ru6i.png
    4dm7nlqq9y05.png
    e5h9gp6b27ib.png
    wq9vopf1oapk.png
    This seems comparable to paper zombie to me
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    This seems comparable to paper zombie to me

How is it comparable? Those toons unstarred/ungeared provide no usage potential. Those that are geared/leveled low also provides extremely little usage potential unlike a paper zombie.

Remember I'm totally with you on this needs to change as it's seriously bad for game/community health. I just find it absurd to compare it to Paper Zombie (and not the change statement after that).

• I just want a fair fight, and i think that it is comparable to the paper zombie thing because of the whole "spirit of the game" argument. Obviously i do not disapprove of ppl leaving a bunch of toons at lvl 1, to each their own, ppl may choose to play the way they want. But when a person goes a different route and they essentially get punished, that seems a tad wrong. It almost seems anti TW, where having a bunch of useful toons is what u strive for.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019

I think it was active for one of the events but there were bugs so they deactivated it. Not positive on that though.

oz2ekxh97i63.png

The struggle is real

If you could stop posting obvious photoshopped images that are also completely unrelated to my posts that would be great, thank you.

Its not photoshopped there you go being wrong again.... oh well

In fact somewhere around 80 i got 5 zetas and some ship omegass for so
    Enquest so i guess it was beneficial in some way...
  • Kithryn
    82 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Even in TW it's been about streamlining yourselves and not leveling anything except what you intend to use. It too punished you for GP bloat, it was just less noticeable as you were had 49 other players to possibly offset the way you inflated your GP by being more hyper focused on only viable squads.

It's not really a new punishment, it's just more visible now.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Kithryn wrote: »
    Even in TW it's been about streamlining yourselves and not leveling anything except what you intend to use. It too punished you for GP bloat, it was just less noticeable as you were had 49 other players to possibly offset the way you inflated your GP by being more hyper focused on only viable squads.

That's exactly the point tho, it balanced out with the other 49. And since most guilds had fluff, especially higher tier guilds, it wasn't ever even an issue, and wasn't really punishing.
    It's only in a one on one scenario that it really appears.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Kithryn wrote: »

That's exactly the point tho, it balanced out with the other 49. And since most guilds had fluff, especially higher tier guilds, it wasn't ever even an issue, and wasn't really punishing.
    It's only in a one on one scenario that it really appears.

Sandbagging was never even an issue in tw ?
    ?...? ??
    ?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited January 2019

oz2ekxh97i63.png

The struggle is real

Its not photoshopped there you go being wrong again.... oh well

Someone bothered to send one or two toon squads to battle your Vader team 99 times in GA.

Sure.