Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Why change anyrhing at all, just annoys the majority who were working towards goals that keep moving
  • Wow over 750 comments in 12 hours and all but 4-5 saying that this is an awful idea.
  • Thanks @CG_Carrie I now have LONG TIME guild members threatening to quit bc of you.
  • Trokpa
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I don’t understand. We spend time building teams for their synergy. And you destroy all that. You destroy the concept of the game (we could verify this point with the 3v3 in GA) but also the time spent by the organizers who animate the guilds with the work of collective farm. I don’t think that's a good idea ...
  • Fringilla_Vigo is absolutely right. It's a great idea and I hope to have more such good changes in the game.
    And for those complaining, develop your toons, expand your roster, don't stick to those few toons you have now. Grow with the game.
  • Terrible, terrible idea. I don't understand where this idea came from. We thought the bonuses were fun (GG, Mace, etc). What makes you think that limiting rosters is even remotely a non-terrible idea? Furthermore, the groups of characters seem to exclude characters that we want, regardless which groups get chosen. How is this fun? This makes TW worse, not better.
  • Fringilla_Vigo is absolutely right. It's a great idea and I hope to have more such good changes in the game.
    And for those complaining, develop your toons, expand your roster, don't stick to those few toons you have now. Grow with the game.

Why?

Why spend time, effort, and money to develop a team that can now be excluded from the game mode I invested in it for?
  • I'm sorry but I remember before and during the bonuses to tw that everyone was so glad that it breathed a breath of fresh air into a gamemode that was quickly becoming stale. This definitely counts as a breath of fresh air. To those complaining that the bonuses won't return- there's nothing to say they won't. And though I'm repeating sentiments I've already seen (as the officer in our guild that is responsible for tw) I'm cautiously optimistic about this mode. It means a lot of new theorycrafting, and really takes away the autopilot section of the game. 'Oh there's a traya team, just chuck cls and chewie and be done', now it'll be trying to work out counters that noone has ever seen, because this is a mode that encourages creative play. Sure you'll miss out of something you've farmed, but so will everyone else, and next tw you'll be able to use it, so go you.

As I said, I'm kinda excited for these changes but I'm concerned CG will back off bc of the people that see a change to a gamemode they used to **** about and all of a sudden start start demanding a return to the olden days.

P.S those who are calling 3v3 the worst thing to happen to the game, or GA the worst thing to happen. I'm genuinely confused as to why that is- I thought it was really interesting. Could you enlighten me as to your reasons?

Most negative feedback is rationalized "It's no fun". "I don't like it". "This is the worst thing in the world", "They are dumb" - Just because they tried to do it different way this time, quite clearly stating that it COULD BE one time only...
    Just another brick in the wall of my lost faith in mankind...

nice try cg

Unfortunately or fortunately - I am not CG affiliated anyhow. But I feel for them. And I would be shocked (as I am) for the amount of negative feedback. I can go round and round that most of the rationale behind this feedback is based on emotions and fear of trying something new, but... what for?

It could be one - time thing, it puts everyboy on equal ground (it affects meta teams mostly, I am as crippled as everybody else), and it gives a playground to do something else than using meta teams all of the time. But oh, drama. because one time I have to step out of my comfort zone...

I am stepping out of my comfort zone as well. And I would have to think for my guild what to do. Adopt. Adapt. And improve my strategical reasoning. Even if t is for one time, I am glad that I have to think a bit harder and outside the box to outsmart our opponents. And I like it. If you don't - ok, I understand. But I'm glad that they forced you to step outside your comfort zone as well when you'll be facing me.
  • Trokpa wrote: »
    I don’t understand. We spend time building teams for their synergy. And you destroy all that. You destroy the concept of the game (we could verify this point with the 3v3 in GA) but also the time spent by the organizers who animate the guilds with the work of collective farm. I don’t think that's a good idea ...

You see? This is what I am talking about. No, they didn't destroy it. They changed it, possibly ONE TIME only. Yes, I know. The heaven's collapsed...
  • TW is ruined
  • Thank you CG...like that idea... So we can think out of the box with new composition squad. I like this challenge.
  • I'm curious if there are a lot other players as me that find TB are times of boredom and TW is the real fun. I do not feel a lot fun playing the sith raid either. TW is the only guild game mode where we play together somehow or mostly as a team and not against each other.

Buffing weaker toons was an idea I could live with. Was even a bit fun to find new tactics with them. Banning toons is an idea I really hate the more I think about it. Loosing several teams has the consequence of a massive remodding to get other formerly weaker leaders/toons into a good shape. I hope those few of you guys out there having the opinion this is a cool idea did consider what remodding time they will need. You won't be able to simply make 28 mod sets and switch them around. Will be a lot more effort.

Coming back to boredom -> Playing the raids, TB or remodding is NOT fun for me. I'm longing for more time again with fun in this game -> TW and GA.
  • This is so bad. I only have 3 roasters worthed it and they can be out all 3 because of a vote ?
    You want to exclude some people of TW ?
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    the voting doesn´t operate properly: @CG_SBCrumb

i can´t choose nothing, but i want.
    and for future polls, please add the question: is it a good idea? possible answers: maybe and no

Why?

Why spend time, effort, and money to develop a team that can now be excluded from the game mode I invested in it for?

Seriously, I'll stop here... So you think all of your effort is ruined because SOME of the toons you developed would be excluded in ONE TIME (assumably, given feedback) EVENT. So I may safely say, using that logic, that they RUINED my 2 years of gaming because for the upcoming OT Millenium Falcon (if rumors are right) they will require the ships I didn't develop.
    It's even worse - they locked OT Millenium Falcon from me because of my decisions! Blasphemy!!!

IT'S NOT EXCLUDED FROM THE GAME!!! ITS EXCLUDED FROM ONE EVENT!!! FOR EVERYBODY!!!

It really puzzles me what is so hard to understand that simple fact...
  • I keep seeing the same contradiction again and again. On the one hand, this game is about resource management. On the other hand, we have to g12 all the toons in the game in case cg decides to ramdomly ban 28 of them.
    What is it, one or the other? If it's resource management, this idea is terrible. If it's the other, remove the gear walls and make gear more available and cheaper.
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Alight troops, before we head out on the battlefield today, HQ has decided we are going to make the battle more "fun" this time around. Everybody put on your blindfolds, we're birdboxing this!

Random handicaping, what fun. :/

The ONLY decent comment I heard in this whole announcement is their intention to have GA be the place for true competition. It is a game mode where collus--- woops, I mean "shardmate collaboration on protecting the hilltop" --- is not possible. If they back this statement up by making GA the place to win all your gems, and arena the place where you get trivial fluff rewards, wonderful. I would love an opportunity to compete for gems in a fair and competitive environment for a change.

And to those asking for IP security to be tightened up for the survey -- lol! You mean and close their ability to blame bad actors for shifting results when they place their finger on the scale to "test" various handicapping scenarios?

Thanks for making a complex and nuanced part of the game into a nonsensical scramble devoid of serious strategy. But at least you have a larger testing environment, so there's that I guess.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I keep seeing the same contradiction again and again. On the one hand, this game is about resource management. On the other hand, we have to g12 all the toons in the game in case cg decides to ramdomly ban 28 of them.
    What is it, one or the other? If it's resource management, this idea is terrible. If it's the other, remove the gear walls and make gear more available and cheaper.

It's both.

Players resource manage to limit required spending.

CG increases requirements to provoke people into spending out of percieved neccessity.

I'm not going to criticize CG for trying something different here. I don't think this was the right point of difference, but would rather they try things than just let the game drift and get stale.
  • For weeks I have focused my gear and mod improvements for characters and squads that are good in TW. This "community style" version of Sophie's Choice makes all my effort for nothing. I want my full roster. I want to be challenged by the opponent's full rosters. I want all the guild's cumulative efforts in TW to be rewarded, not tossed aside.

Do you know how annoying it will be to populate squads with this Sophie's Choice approach? Limiting characters goes against the stated purpose of TW -- a purpose you communicated to us and we took at your word. You suddenly do a 180 and claim that now GA will fill that purpose. But why on Earth can't we mix it up in TW with full rosters? We've worked hard and you are arbitrarily deciding to negate our efforts and reduce our fun.
  • Are you kidding me??? I spend my money and invest my time to get good teams for TW, and now they are going to be flushed because of a random poll??? I get that your profits are dropping, but angering your customers with yet another bad call??? Is anyone in upper management awake over there?
  • I genuinely feel more sorry for the people playing this game that have never been on these forums and will start a TW soon and be left wondering what has happened to seemingly random parts of their roster, that are not available to use
  • @CG_Carrie
    @CG_SBCrumb

Considering the overwhelming negative response to this initiative I think the community would appreciate a response.

Please just leave things the same. We like continuity. Yes, add new things if you must but dont change what we have. We enjoy the current great content you have created.
  • i-think-we-should-read-the-comments-2-on-trending-38471247.png
    Remind you of anything?
  • I read the posts here and on Reddit and I really cannot believe my eyes. Am I really the only one that likes the changes? I think it's a great concept! (and that comes from a guy that is responsible for our guild TW tactics - and our score is 14:2, so I'm not the worst one out there...)
    Why is it good?
    1 - It forces to think outside the box
    2 - It forces to dig deeper in the roster and play the characters that you wouldn't normaly play
    3 - In contrary to GA, it promotes the wide roster of characters
    4 - It negates the attitude "I will tune down my GP, get the mods out, I'll focus on 3 meta teams"

And to deal with the common claims...
    1- OMG, I levelled / invested in character X, it's my best toon, it's useless now!!!
    - No. it is't useless. It is useless in this particular TW ONLY

2 - I cannot use my team X! It is my best team! I am useless for TW
    - No, you are not. You are exactly on the same boat that your opponent is. And you were simply caught by surprise. Like all of us. Not the first and not the last time in this game...

3 - All i did, was done having TW in mind. Now you destroy all of my work. The **** that get their Ewoks are the winners! Abomination!!
    - Look at the points above. It's one time only, applies to everybody. Moreover - wasn't it the same thing with C-3PO event? You were just cauht by surprise, not the first time in the world...

Why don't you chill and enjoy something different? Especially that it is not permanent...

I feel your position is naive. You keep saying "One Time" as if it is a fact. You should know by now not to trust CG when they make claims. One month ago they claimed TW would be back to its normal routine schedule. Obviously that was a lie. They claimed they would introduce new maps to TB over a year ago. Still waiting. They should be focused on improving TB. TB IS the most stale game mode. Leave Territory Wars alone. The most dedicated players who actually like cultivating mods and enjoy the camaraderie of competitive guilds will thank them. TW was not an auto game mode. It was a mode that required serious commitment, foresight, attention to detail to be successful in the higher levels. GA does not recreate that experience.

Allowing players not in my bracket, that I'm not facing to determine which characters I am forced to "platoon" is ridiculous. I don't want them to determine my TW experience. And as stated above "ONE TIME" is to many.

• LordGrahck wrote: »
    So this raises a challenge. Can you build a solid offense or defense without your most powerful characters you always use? I focus on bounty hunters. Can I make a defence or offense without my best hunters? I don't know, but I'm willing to take up the challenge. This is no different than building a deck for a TCG/CCG that uses a banned list.

We all are going to take on the "challenge" because we cant avoid it. The issue is that many did not ask for this "challenge". Instead of asking us which toons we want to bench for TW they could have asked us which changes to TW we would like to see. And then take the best ideas and implement them.
  • I'll keep going, because it is getting more and more humorous...
    Imgary2u wrote: »
    Are you kidding me??? I spend my money and invest my time to get good teams for TW, and now they are going to be flushed
    this one-time particular event??? Oh, how dare you!!! I wouldn't be able to play it this ONE time!!! I don't care that others w'ont be able as well!!! I like to be in my comfort zone!!! I don't want to try anything different!!! Even once!!! I'ts stupid!!! I didn't even try it, but I already know it's no fun!!! I invested a lot and now you ruined EVERYTHING!!! REEEEVEEEENGE!!!! KILL!!! AAAAAARRRRGH!!!! (curtain down)...

• Beyol
    328 posts Member
    I love it. Hey guys, my popcorn is getting too salty from all your posts. That's why I love this idea.
This discussion has been closed.