Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• This is crap.
    It’s different to take out some characters from a 4,5 M account than a 1 or 2 M account.
    I’m an old player it doesn’t matter to me if you take out krum. I have phasma. You take out JTR, I have zfinn. But new players doesn’t have that chance. You’re taking them their chance to play.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Don't take away our time and hard work. Add to it. Some modest bonuses for toons that haven't been reworked yet is fun. Telling people they aren't allowed to use their favorite characters is not fun.

Also, if I've spent either hundreds of dollars, or several months to a year farming and gearing a toon, then I want to... you know... USE them. This is really off putting. Don't do this.
  • LordAnubis
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What a way to restrict somthing, give bonuses to chars.... Not restrict chars that ppl worked their **** to star/lvl/skill/zeta/mod
    This game becomes more disappointing every day... And its neatly packed as comunity request.. What a sad joke

{EA_Lanna: edited to clean up language.}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • CG says that we should not ever be punished for leveling/gearing toons, etc. Now the proposal is that 28 toons are left off the TW board...so what if these are the toons you’ve worked on?

Do not do this. On Discord, since this idea was released, I have read a slew of negative feedback, and not one person has said, “Oh, this seems like a good idea.”

If you got positive feedback from bonuses, do more bonuses. Not this
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Hold on.

May I assume that you are going to do matchmaking based on which toons are available ? Cause if not, then things are going to be absolutely awful.
    Also, this can be a disaster for newer players that just don't have a wide roster, while merely an inconvenience for those with a huge account. The banning of a single character might as well be the banning of an entire team if you are dependent on that character.
    It's just a terribly bad idea.
  • This is a horrible idea! Time and resource invested for characters that I can't use because of noreason.
    What are you guys thinking? I could agree to change bonuses for specific heroes or factions from time to time, but this is nonsense! Are you trying to emulate the champion ban of League of Legends? Well it's not gonna work in this game where you invest months farming a hero... or worse money -_-
  • It seems like there are dozens upon dozens of improvements that the devs could spend their productive cycles on that would be better than this...

• Let's all just not vote, or there an auto vote build in ?!?!?!
  • Jedi_Fulbright
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    ruz1fbdakgyx.jpg
    Total farce. I don't believe them when they say "One Time". Their next idea will be banning certain toons in raids or in Squad Arena. Seriously if they need to ban certain toons from TW, remove the competitive nature from TW, do monthly gimmicks to get players to participate then maybe the health of the game is on life support. Is that what they are trying to tell us? Get out now? No need to spend more money and invest in long term assets in the game?
  • This is a stupid idea. I have spent too much time AND money to get my roster to where it is and now you want to prevent me from using part of it? No way...
  • Leytuhas wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie any chance you actually respond to the overwhelming amount of negative feedback to this horrible idea? Or are you gonna keep your ostrich costumes on?

You do realize that it is 5am on the west coast, and this was posted yesterday near the end of their day? Give them a chance to get in the office. Besides, itll be fun to theorycraft new teams that might lead to new ideas for other aspects of the game.
  • Dblade21 wrote: »
    Leytuhas wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie any chance you actually respond to the overwhelming amount of negative feedback to this horrible idea? Or are you gonna keep your ostrich costumes on?

You do realize that it is 5am on the west coast, and this was posted yesterday near the end of their day? Give them a chance to get in the office. Besides, itll be fun to theorycraft new teams that might lead to new ideas for other aspects of the game.

This is their MO. Drop a bomb and then run away and hide. I’m surprised they did it on a Wednesday’s instead of a Friday.
    Or maybe the Friday’s are reserved for releasing broken game modes?
  • I have a suggestion to everyone...don't participate. Don't join...maybe that'll send a clear message.
  • Absolutely ridiculous.
  • What. Have. You. Done. I mean, most of those characters are key to everyone's squads. This is probably not going to end well, but it will make TW interesting.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I think y'all aren't getting the idea of the character chopping block.

1) It's not a permanent thing. It's just an experiment. Your characters aren't devalued cause you can't use them for 1-2 TW's.

2) People saying "Without _________ we lose out on our best defensive team!" Yeah but so does literally everyone else, so it becomes moot.

3) Each of the boxes contains strong faction leaders. Imagine if Bastilla and Revan were banned, GMYoda might actually be the best Jedi leader, especially for those poor souls who Zeta'd him. There are other examples as well like using Phasma lead again if KRU is banned.

I think the point is to ban the leaders, to make us use older leaders that we Zeta'd a long time ago and dig deeper in our rosters. Will it work? Who knows, but it's not the worst thing they could do.
  • Tanzos wrote: »

1) It's not a permanent thing. It's just an experiment. Your characters aren't devalued cause you can't use them for 1-2 TW's.

2) People saying "Without _________ we lose out on our best defensive team!" Yeah but so does literally everyone else, so it becomes moot.

3) Each of the boxes contains strong faction leaders. Imagine if Bastilla and Revan were banned, GMYoda might actually be the best Jedi leader, especially for those poor souls who Zeta'd him. There are other examples as well like using Phasma lead again if KRU is banned.

I think the point is to ban the leaders, to make us use older leaders that we Zeta'd a long time ago and dig deeper in our rosters. Will it work? Who knows, but it's not the worst thing they could do.

I realize it will be balanced, but it does annoy me that I might not be able to use my best characters. I have focused really hard on not that many squads, BH and Rebels w/ Chewbacca mostly, and if I lose, say Chewbacca, Bossk, and Jango, my best teams fall apart.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If a crew member or fleet commander gets banned for TW, will their ship also be banned?

Could we please have an official statement / clarification, @CG_SBCrumb?

Kyno already gave his answer, but I'd prefer an official statement.
  • And here I was looking forward to normalcy with the Territory Wars only to find this craptastic idea.
  • Comet19
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'll keep going, because it is getting more and more humorous...
    Imgary2u wrote: »
    Are you kidding me??? I spend my money and invest my time to get good teams for TW, and now they are going to be flushed
    this one-time particular event??? Oh, how dare you!!! I wouldn't be able to play it this ONE time!!! I don't care that others w'ont be able as well!!! I like to be in my comfort zone!!! I don't want to try anything different!!! Even once!!! I'ts stupid!!! I didn't even try it, but I already know it's no fun!!! I invested a lot and now you ruined EVERYTHING!!! REEEEVEEEENGE!!!! KILL!!! AAAAAARRRRGH!!!! (curtain down)...

I mean, if they go through with this “one time particular event,” I won’t be able to participate at all, meaning I’m out much-needed zeta mats and currency to unlock HYoda. I am not a heavy hitter in TW, but it’s still one of my favorite game modes. Also, you’re ceasing to make sense. You seem to be for this game mode but are admitting that a lot of players won’t be able to participate. Maybe some sleep is in order...
  • You will ban 17% of entire characters roster and that including crap characters. It's going to fail. i dont like it. Revan will surely be banned. that's so unfare. Please think about it... buffing/boosting is nice. this is a negative idea.
  • Myd
    11 posts Member
    I dont like it... mainly i dont like it because it is restricting characters and not improving chars AND my guild officer who spends way too long anyways on plotting out good tw strategies which I have spent actual money to help complete is now potentially null and void. I think mobilegamer said it right, this is the opposite of playful.... i havent posted for years and got on here to tell you its a bad idea. In the business, they call that a sentinel event.... meaning its such a bad idea people are getting off the sidelines who would normally give you the benefit of the doubt, that suggests a really really bad idea. Food for thought.
  • I don't understand the logic here. They heard that we liked the bonuses that they gave underpowered toons like Mace and Grevious because they're currently useless in the game despite their importance in the Star Wars universe. Players suggested making these bonuses permanent to give these toons the place that they deserve in the game.

In reaction, they decide not only ignore the reason for the positive feedback, but also remove 25% of the useable toons in the game for the next TW? How does that make sense? I feel like there are several logical leaps that I'm missing.
  • Neither I nor anyone in my guild is a fan of this proposed change to Territory Wars. The whole principle of Territory Wars is that makes it fun is that we can dig down into the depths of our inventories to try to come up with a way to defeat a strong team. It is the one game mode where we really can use our entire inventory. No, Grand Arena is NOT filling this gap in.

The month-long buffs for GG, Dooku, CUP, and Mace were a HUGE hit...they reinvigorated TW, helped to level the playing field for guilds that were not ready for Traya (thanks, Mace!), and were just plain fun. You guys hit a home run there, and I thought we would see buffs like this rotated monthly. Instead, what we got was Grand Arena seemingly breaking the ability to run both GA and TW concurrently, and a really obvious forum post trying to gloss over this huge issue.

Rather than making Territory Wars less fun, can we just start by fixing it so that we can run GA and TW concurrently?
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Tanzos wrote: »

I had mentioned, much much much earlier in this thread - that perhaps these characters shouldn't be removed completely, but rather have their stats insanely reduced - say to 10% of what they currently are.

That way we can still use their leader abilities, but it essentially becomes ~4 v 5 with a single AOE attack. I felt like there would be less outrage if we could still use characters for their synergy, even if they are ultimately personally useless in battle.

I maintain that I can see what they're going for, just trying to find some middle ground between those enraged and the core concept - of course not many ideas that are being proposed are making it very far in between all of the pitchforks.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    This is dumb. Was it throw a dart at idea day in CG? How about spend some time re-working the 100+ useless toons....
  • I don’t like this at all. I hope they never do anything like this again. Not fun and just a bad idea all together.
  • TW was my favorite game mode....Was being the key word......this change is going to make me despise it. I am sick of gearing toons to have them sidelined or nerfed...
  • @CG_SBCrumb how about instead you have us vote whether banning certain toons from TW is a good idea in the 1st place. I'm all for shaking up TW, by adding bonuses to certain under used characters, but not by taking away character people have invested time and money into.

very bad idea, and I am pretty sure most players are going to feel that way about it
This discussion has been closed.