Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• So, in terms of 'playful and fun' well, the recent TW bonuses were fairly well received. Can't say I cared much but a lot of people liked them. Yet here's the big problem...they required programming and development resources to implement.

So, here's the crux of the matter....this lazy idea is ONLY a way to try an extricate more money from people by trying to get them to spend on characters that they have not yet spent on. Isn't that the truth?
  • This is the one of the dumbest things that the Dev team has done. TW is the only game mode that's kept me around for the past year, it's the only thing left for guilds to really try and get better at, new raids are only fun for 2 weeks tops before they are on farm status. TW at least could change, and your opponents could change as your guild grows for new strategies. Taking away toons that we've spent money to gear and star is just ridiculous.

I'm not sure how any **** could come up with this idea because people liked being able to beat a better team due to a bonus during a month. Always catering to the moaning multitude, it's obnoxious.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Sounds good, will be necessary new strategies besides the ones we already know.
    Well, maybe it's a problem since the people don't like to be out of their comfort zone.
    I just didn't understand where are we going to vote.
    Will be INGAME?
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Rendering characters we worked for absolutely useless is a key reason people HATE the STR. Repeating the mistake in TW just makes more of the game feel the same way. Bad move. Removing options we worked to have available is only going to anger people, not make it more "fun" to play the game. You might as well vote on which character group to nerf.

STOP UNDERMINING PLAYER EFFORT TO BUILD OUR ROSTERS!
  • Talahaukivarma
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Absolutely horrible idea. You have people working full time with this game and this is what they think the players want?

I've farmed alot to get good TW teams and now alot of those teams will be useless.
  • I hate this...whoever it was in the staff that decided to pick which toons went into which groups is probably the same person/s that decided to paywall platoons/squadrons on phase 4 of Territory Battles. Here's an idea, improve the things the players are asking for instead of introducing wild new stuff like this. Fix matchmaking or maybe the annoying "return to the top of the inventory" thing that happens when you are in the character mods viewing screen. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the temporary "God" characters that were set in the latest TWs. That was pretty cool; but now we are going to be expected to do "without" our characters that we have spent time cultivating and improving (some specifically for TW)? Maybe instead of a poll to see which characters we want in the next TW, development staff should take a poll to see if we actually want this to take place at all first. Just my opinion anyways.
  • So this feels like a punishment...... when one of my kids gets in trouble I ground them or take something away..... what did we do CG to deserve this... you are taking our toys away??????? If something is fun and playful, we get to play with it, not box it up for a month and store it in the closet until we are ungrounded 🤦🏻‍♂️

Please CG reconsider your choice for this upcoming TW and scrap this horrible idea. Make it just a normal TW and go back to the drawing board. Thanks.
  • Comet19 wrote: »
    I'll keep going, because it is getting more and more humorous...
    Imgary2u wrote: »
    Are you kidding me??? I spend my money and invest my time to get good teams for TW, and now they are going to be flushed
    this one-time particular event??? Oh, how dare you!!! I wouldn't be able to play it this ONE time!!! I don't care that others w'ont be able as well!!! I like to be in my comfort zone!!! I don't want to try anything different!!! Even once!!! I'ts stupid!!! I didn't even try it, but I already know it's no fun!!! I invested a lot and now you ruined EVERYTHING!!! REEEEVEEEENGE!!!! KILL!!! AAAAAARRRRGH!!!! (curtain down)...

I mean, if they go through with this “one time particular event,” I won’t be able to participate at all, meaning I’m out much-needed zeta mats and currency to unlock HYoda. I am not a heavy hitter in TW, but it’s still one of my favorite game modes. Also, you’re ceasing to make sense. You seem to be for this game mode but are admitting that a lot of players won’t be able to participate. Maybe some sleep is in order...

I was simply facetious... Because I think that the rage over this (assumably) temporary change deserves no more from me than sarcasm anymore... I have no more strength to explain same thing all over again... It's futile. And partially you prove me the futility of my effort - I was just making fun and exaggerated what the guy said... Of course I didn't mean that the guy wouldn't be able to play at all - he would be, but without EXCLUDED toons. Same as me. Same as his opponent. Same as everybody else. Were on as much equal ground here as any time else.
    And, of course, I can sense that you will shout - Oh, this is not fair! We need a fair and competitive playground!!!

But tell me in this case, how much it is different from normal TW? Or GA? It is based on one factor (GP) so it is tied to player decision and resource management. You are screwed? So am I, but at very least we are equally screwed (the only difference is your and mine resource allocation outside EXCLUDED toons).
    And at least it will let me (and you) try something new. And trust me, we were doing quite ok for the normal one (14:2) so in theory I should be for keeping it as it is. AND I AM FOR IT. But I don't mind the temporary changes. I welcome them. Yes, I am crazy lunatic...
  • This has to be the single worst idea in the history of the game
  • Fringilla_Vigo
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    RyanRen wrote: »
    This has to be the single worst idea in the history of the game

And I am not overreacting and exagerrating at all... MSF red orbs, 2 months ago, same style of mobile game for lack of better example. Next post should be about the end of the gaming world. And the following about the end of a known universe... Seriously - it is just doom and gloom from here...

Are you kidding me??? I spend my money and invest my time to get good teams for TW, and now they are going to be flushed
    this one-time particular event??? Oh, how dare you!!! I wouldn't be able to play it this ONE time!!! I don't care that others w'ont be able as well!!! I like to be in my comfort zone!!! I don't want to try anything different!!! Even once!!! I'ts stupid!!! I didn't even try it, but I already know it's no fun!!! I invested a lot and now you ruined EVERYTHING!!! REEEEVEEEENGE!!!! KILL!!! AAAAAARRRRGH!!!! (curtain down)...

I mean, if they go through with this “one time particular event,” I won’t be able to participate at all, meaning I’m out much-needed zeta mats and currency to unlock HYoda. I am not a heavy hitter in TW, but it’s still one of my favorite game modes. Also, you’re ceasing to make sense. You seem to be for this game mode but are admitting that a lot of players won’t be able to participate. Maybe some sleep is in order...

I was simply facetious... Because I think that the rage over this (assumably) temporary change deserves no more from me than sarcasm anymore... I have no more strength to explain same thing all over again... It's futile. And partially you prove me the futility of my effort - I was just making fun and exaggerated what the guy said... Of course I didn't mean that the guy wouldn't be able to play at all - he would be, but without EXCLUDED toons. Same as me. Same as his opponent. Same as everybody else. Were on as much equal ground here as any time else.
    And, of course, I can sense that you will shout - Oh, this is not fair! We need a fair and competitive playground!!!

But tell me in this case, how much it is different from normal TW? Or GA? It is based on one factor (GP) so it is tied to player decision and resource management. You are screwed? So am I, but at very least we are equally screwed (the only difference is your and mine resource allocation outside EXCLUDED toons).
    And at least it will let me (and you) try something new. And trust me, we were doing quite ok for the normal one (14:2) so in theory I should be for keeping it as it is. AND I AM FOR IT. But I don't mind the temporary changes. I welcome them. Yes, I am crazy lunatic...

It's just stupid, this mode. In a game where people have spent thousands, they should be ahead, they should have the advantage of some Joe Blow who hasn't spent a dime. Now we are most likely going to lose Traya, and Revan, and any other team that is "difficult" to beat in TW because the masses decided since they are stupid with their planning and resources, no one should be able to use them.

We paid for these toys, we should be able to use these toys.

Equalizing the game mode for the masses is a horrible idea. If they want everything to be equal, then they should spend the same as the people at the top.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    You should be looking to expand the playable roster in TW, not shrink it. The buffs in November received positive feedback generally and somehow the next set of TWs we go in the total opposite direction? I'm incredibly puzzled by this move, especially considering that CG's other game has been giving buffs to factions / toons for years now in PVP events. See the event links on their other game forum I've pasted below (look below the sticky notes) and you'll find that each event has unique bonuses to factions, characters, rarities, etc. Why are we not doing this in GoH and instead taking a nerf / ban approach?

This is negative change because it reduces options, it reduces the usable roster. Imagine the difference if the boxes being voted on were toons that would be getting a buff rather than possible ban!!! How many would vote for HK47 to get some sweet buff to make droids really strong again? Kit Fisto? JKA? Plo Koon? Clones? .. on and on.

http://forums.capitalgames.com/forum/heroes-of-dragon-age/the-battlefield-pvp-and-events
  • wendaav
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I rarely post on here, but this one got me. I don't see how this is a good idea. It's the opposite of FUN and PLAYFUL if I don't get to use my Chewbacca or Jedi Training Rey I spent months earning. This game is already a time killer and taking away the Heroes we spent so much time fighting to collect them and gear them is just downright wrong. There's no sense of pride and accomplishment when the characters we love to play with are banned. I hated territory wars from the get-go and this just tops it off. [insert meme of comic book guy "worst idea ever"]
    Post edited by wendaav on
  • Delusional....if you want casual game play, join a casual guild....don't screw our competition for top guilds. We said we liked mixing up the bonuses....we didnt say we want you to ban members out of the squads we have....if you farmed the meta squads then we should get to use them! If people pay to use a toon they Shouldn't be told sorry one is getting benched. Do not say the community asked for this. We gave you praise on the buffs. we liked that mixing it up...you just destroyed TW to pointless waste in competive guilds.

This.

I'm in a very competitive TW guild. We've built our guild around TW for the past year. It's very concerning to see not only this particular instance of a terrible idea, but also the statement alluding to the fact that you want to turn TW in wacky world and remove the competitive element. I'm concerned about the moral of my guild members in light of this nonsense. Every other guild activity in the game is a stale auto-fest. We had a pretty big spender who almost never chats in discord pop in last night just to express his displeasure at not being able to use the item's he's paid for in our favorite part of the game. I assure you, the outrage is much more wide spread than just this thread.

There are plenty of other ways to breathe new life into TW besides taking away people's investments, especially those who have been making investments specifically for this game mode for nearly a year. Do the monthly bonuses, shake up the map, etc.

I honestly don't know how I could even begin to get our guild members or TW officers to take this seriously and put forth an effort to participate. TW is about the only thing these days that gets our guild communicating and having fun together. The rest of time, we're all just mindlessly simming things and pressing auto in TB.

One time of this idea is too many times.
  • Cancel this idea and let us have a normal TW.

“Equally screwed.” Do you mean that you don’t have any teams built outside what they are banning? If so, then yeah, we are equally screwed. But I’m sensing when you say “equally screwed,” you really mean that you have most, if not all of the characters unlocked, and so this isn’t going to effect you as badly as it will people with leaner rosters.
    Also 14/2 in TWs? That’s cute. My guild has won 30 and we’re all pretty ticked off about this. But don’t mind me, I’m just shouting about how unfair it is.
  • CG...
    What are you thinking?
    I normally like TW, its a bit funny, and my TW officer has done some good things with strategy, even with the previous BONUS's, but this does not sound fun, does not sound entertaining, does not sound like you want money even.
    Well if this was an attempt to get the communities talking... nope... I only signed into the forum to post this. I already voted to keep the characters I liked. I do not want you or any other player, with the exception of my TW officer, to tell me what tools to use. If you pick one of those teams, you nerf another team, that's not cool. We have built these teams around our goals with the game, why are you now telling us "we’re going to continue to shake things up in Territory Wars as we move into the future" yea that's a shake-up sure, but it seems super stupid. shake it up with a zone of 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, 1v1, now that would be interesting and much harder to strategize around, or give a different toon each TW(or each month of TWs) a different set of boosts, not nerfs. your last bonuses were mini TW reworks of not so used characters, maybe give nerfs to really popular characters(just for TW). There is an almost endless list of ideas that you can do besides limiting toons, and if you want those ideas and community involvement, ask the community for ideas, not who to exclude from TW.
  • giving certain characters boosts each TW is one thing, banning groups of characters is another, this is a bad idea!
  • Wow, this is such a horrible idea. this game is going to crap with all this **** lately. First that 3v3 junk, now this. If this garbage keeps up, my new years resolutions will be to find a game that the developers are not ruining by letting monkeys come up with game modes. CG you are going to crap................

• Grimstoned wrote: »
    Cancel this idea and let us have a normal TW.

i agree 100%. doesnt seem like a good start to the new year. more horrible grand arena events and they have destroyed territory wars.

they dont seem to want people to spend and want to push out some of the casual players it seems. dividing the demographics of the player base and making it smaller because they are stubborn and want to push grand arena is not a good idea at all.

if they keep chipping away they are going destroy the golden goose
  • I'll keep going, because it is getting more and more humorous...

I find it interesting that of the handful of those supporting this idea that several are attacking other community members.

Look at the history of what they've told us. If you really think this is a one time thing I guess that's your prerogative.

There were ways of doing exactly this without royally screwing it up. Use bonuses to counter Traya teams or BH teams or Revan. Let us vote on which ones to use if you really want.

I'd been debating quitting after getting Revan next go around. I think this just finished that. I hope people learn their lesson. There have been plenty of chances. Spend $300 on a character. Well, next month we will put a counter out. Or just not let you use it. Nice dumpster fire...
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Did anyone actually ask for a ban system in TW?

In the meantime we have chars/factions that desperately need a rework (*cough* GG *cough*), bugs to fix and rewards to be revamped.

- do smth the whole community asks for
    - do smth else
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I'm so glad I'm finished farming Hyoda and Wampa shards. The guild event currency was nice but now it's just extra gear that I can also get through raids. So...if this becomes the "new normal", then I'm just not going to participate in TW's in the future.
  • obikenobi1
    113 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb First off, I love the idea of bonuses being applied like was done in Clone Wars month! definetely keep that!

Second, while i think it is interesting to have a ban on characters that are voted on by the community, I don't think that is a good way to go right now for TW. Even tho i don't like going up against opposing Trayas and Revans, I don't want to penalize other guilds members that have those from using them that they may have spent a conisiderable amount of resources on (gear/zetas/credits). the restrictions on characters tho i just feel makes for to much of a negative exsperience than i think was intended. This is coming from someone who doesn't have Revan or Traya. Yeah it sucks going against them but they aren't unbeatable and if you build the right teams you can win vs them. It may be a big disadvantage that the other guilds have 10 revan teams while your own only has 2, but that just makes guilds work together to build teams that counter revan teams. I don't want to cripple other players who have worked on characters that I personally don't have. I want to beat their characters with my own characters I built up to counter them specifically.
  • I’ve paid quite a lot of money for my inventory of characters. Limiting those choices is in no way enhancing my experience. Please chose another direction
  • You know what would be really cool?

Randomly ban characters and then offer a bonus unlock function you can charge crystals for that would remove it!

Remember folks, there are no such things as "one time" tests in games like this....only trial balloons to see how much people will pay for until they start to quit.

The main question is how this move is monetized....and I dislike all of the answers.
  • The thing that bothers me the most about it is that TBs and TWs are getting more and more diminishing, which really do give good rewards instead the GA's rewards down a whole week's work.
    In 2 TW you get 4 zetas minimum. In a TB gets currency, crystals.
    In a week of GA handle gear and some slice matters.
    THEY ARE FINISHING WITH REWARDS FOR GUILD, WAKE UP PLAYERS.
  • The bonuses for lesser used characters was a fun way to mix things up. This is bad idea. The players that have worked to build squads for this game mode should not have them neutered.
  • I think TW is awful... with that said I was wondering if people were against making a new type of TW and what CG thinks about it. Why not make it a Galactic Conquest TW. One guild is The Light Side the other guild would be The Dark Side. You can only use the toons from Light Side if your in the Light Side guild vice versa for Dark Side. Guild sides chosen by random. Just a idea CG.
This discussion has been closed.