Made a mistake

Replies

• IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    Jamesy wrote: »
    EliteR3b3L wrote: »
    It's not awful. If you have crap squad/ ship power then make it better to compete. It's just how things are strategy what will you put your resources into.

Ive won more than ive lost so your point is invalid just trying to sort an issue

win/loss is irrelevant, cause we don’t know what kind of rosters you have been up against
  • TRanger wrote: »
    Right now the community is split on GA..most of it is matching. I have been and still am in unfair matching. and probably a great majority of the community are.
    Except when your on the winning side of an uneven match it is a great new addition. When your on the major out matched side constantly it isn't so great. I have won 2 matchs since it started that's 1/3 two times. So not so fun here. But I have been assured it will get better eventually. In the meantime..suck it up buttercup..or stop playing the feature. I'm gonna stop playing the feature. You must decide if you are to accept and play along.

You are obviously a bit dumb and not getting the point but ill still thank you for you input
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    He spotted you a couple hundred points. All you had to do was win one ship battle.

this, hardcore this
  • I disagree. I think TW is awful but enjoy GA. Different strokes for different folks.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I disagree. I think TW is awful but enjoy GA. Different strokes for different folks.

I was enjoying fair battles but the way this was done seemed unfair
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    but even if the opponent put his best fleet for def then he still had to clear the OP fleet, so give and take still, if the OP had a decent fleet maybe he could have won

yeah but it is a bit of gambling if you don't have two equal strong fleets.....you can put your best ships into defense and hope that your opponent can't kill yours but you also may not kill his fleet. And if you take the best for attacking, it means you give up this territory to win the other one.

And if the other player has a far stronger fleet rooster than you will have lost, regardless what's your choice was.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    I’ve lost 1 match in GA and it was to an opponent i had beat in every category, so i should have won, he played a better strategy and beat me, we had a good time chatting about it in the in game chat, he deserved the win and i deserved the loss, lesson learned about keeping more for offense than prioritizing defense

That’s the lesson learned here too. Keep enough offense to clear their offense and win on points. Keep enough ships to beat their fleet.
  • I would recommend saving Chimaera for offense next time if your opponent has a strong HT and that’s why you can’t win.
  • This thread is a joke right?
    If someone doesn’t set their defense, you get a much higher chance of winning right out the gate.

GA is badass. One of the greatest game additions in some time, and one can only pray that, if TW becomes a circus community side show that we get more of it for those that like building to be competitive, and don’t play “gotta have them all”.

Simple math. If they done set defense , and you can manage to clear some of their squads, and still lose....then you need to look at your inventory and shake it up in a big way
    You already have a HUGE advantage if they don’t set defense
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Look at it this way - if he had populated defensive fleets, he still would have won. If you can't beat his ships, you can't win against him.

He actually gave you a lot more points than you would have had if he'd set defenses.

If you kill a squad in combat, you get a maximum of 64 points. If he doesn't set a squad on defense, he sacrifices 90 points (that you earned by setting your defenses). That means that for every squad he didn't set, he gave you a 26 point advantage - and you still lost.

Sorry but you are mistaken. Look at the pts. You also get 30 pts per defensive slot for conquering so you can actually get 94 pts plus the conquer bonus. Wish I'd seen this sooner. I could've set a 360k fleet on defense and that's it. My opponent cant beat that with all his fleet. His best fleet would be 240k and that's pretty much 5*. Good job CG. Guess no defense is the new thing...
  • Jamesy wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    Right now the community is split on GA..most of it is matching. I have been and still am in unfair matching. and probably a great majority of the community are.
    Except when your on the winning side of an uneven match it is a great new addition. When your on the major out matched side constantly it isn't so great. I have won 2 matchs since it started that's 1/3 two times. So not so fun here. But I have been assured it will get better eventually. In the meantime..suck it up buttercup..or stop playing the feature. I'm gonna stop playing the feature. You must decide if you are to accept and play along.

You are obviously a bit dumb and not getting the point but ill still thank you for you input

So this is what you wanted to use the thread for..your attempt to belittle people taking a chance to contribute to a discussion among strangers. Hopefully you find what it is your looking for.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Did I miss what ships you have? What ships do you have? Did you attack their ships and fail?

???
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This thread is a joke right?
    If someone doesn’t set their defense, you get a much higher chance of winning right out the gate.

GA is badass. One of the greatest game additions in some time, and one can only pray that, if TW becomes a circus community side show that we get more of it for those that like building to be competitive, and don’t play “gotta have them all”.

Simple math. If they done set defense , and you can manage to clear some of their squads, and still lose....then you need to look at your inventory and shake it up in a big way

How can you clear there squads theres nothing to clear?
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    This thread is a joke right?

How can you clear there squads theres nothing to clear?

they had a def fleet set right? did you attempt it and fail?
  • You get fleets are a part of this game now, right?

It’s not Poe + Droids anymore.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I can see Jamesy's frustration.

I really like GA and have been doing really well in all my matches. It's an awesome game mode and I'm thrilled that we now have it. But not giving points for successful defenses or not penalizing players for not allocating defenses is a big mistake, in my opinion. It opens up creative ways to work the system (as Jamesy has illustrated for us here).

I lost a match where both my opponent and I each cleared each other's territories. There was nothing left standing. My BH team had withstood like 5 attempts. I cleared his teams with at most 2 attempts. Logic would suggest that I should have won since I was able to beat all of his teams with less attempts, but it wasn't the case. He had more points in the end. I don't know the specifics or how the banners were calculated, but he won. I feel I should have won that match and that successful defenses should award banners, or at least be used as a tiebreaker.
  • You do realize that if he put bad teams on D, he would have beat you by more?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    You're being very patient to some trolling here.

I've noticed you've not responded to questions about your ships though - you've not by any chance a comparatively low fleet gp have you? If so, your opponent may have noticed this upon checking out your inventory and realised they could put out a ship set you simply were never going to beat, and then took the risk of keeping all their toons back to take you on offense.

It's a legitimate tactic, albeit in the temporary absence of auto deployment. It'd also make me livid if it was done to me.
  • My best fleet was in defence yes i lost to his fleet if people think this is fair thats fine i just wanted it so all defences are set and a fair fight but i see peoples point about tactics
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    cfodder wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Look at it this way - if he had populated defensive fleets, he still would have won. If you can't beat his ships, you can't win against him.

He actually gave you a lot more points than you would have had if he'd set defenses.

If you kill a squad in combat, you get a maximum of 64 points. If he doesn't set a squad on defense, he sacrifices 90 points (that you earned by setting your defenses). That means that for every squad he didn't set, he gave you a 26 point advantage - and you still lost.

Sorry but you are mistaken. Look at the pts. You also get 30 pts per defensive slot for conquering so you can actually get 94 pts plus the conquer bonus. Wish I'd seen this sooner. I could've set a 360k fleet on defense and that's it. My opponent cant beat that with all his fleet. His best fleet would be 240k and that's pretty much 5*. Good job CG. Guess no defense is the new thing...

No, you are incorrect. The OP received the conquer bonus immediately, because he has "conquered" his opponent's zone. That's why his score is at 940 and not the 640 it was at when he set his defenses.

The OP set defenses:
    100 points for fleet + 540 points for setting 6 defensive squads = 640 points.

When the phase flipped to attack, the OP immediately got 300 points for conquering the defensive zone. He does miss out on the 16-64 points for defeating each squad, but his opponent missed out on the 90 points for setting each defensive squad. Therefore every empty spot does nothing but hurt the player who left the empty (and prevent the other player from advancing his quests).
  • I dont see a flaw in the game mode... i see a gamble of a strategy by your opponent. They gambled you couldnt beat their ships. They were right.

They sacrificed the points for setting defensive squads to increase the odds they'd win on offense. They just took the trade-off we all measure to the extreme.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Azudelphi wrote: »
    I dont see a flaw in the game mode... i see a gamble of a strategy by your opponent. They gambled you couldnt beat their ships. They were right.

They sacrificed the points for setting defensive squads to increase the odds they'd win on offense. They just took the trade-off we all measure to the extreme.

It's not a gamble, it's literally nothing but a bad decision. If that player had set his 30 weakest characters in those spots, he would have won by a much larger margin.
  • jkray622 wrote: »

No, you are incorrect. The OP received the conquer bonus immediately, because he has "conquered" his opponent's zone. That's why his score is at 940 and not the 640 it was at when he set his defenses.

The OP set defenses:

When the phase flipped to attack, the OP immediately got 300 points for conquering the defensive zone. He does miss out on the 16-64 points for defeating each squad, but his opponent missed out on the 90 points for setting each defensive squad. Therefore every empty spot does nothing but hurt the player who left the empty (and prevent the other player from advancing his quests).

You are right i should of looked into it more i put my hands up and apologise
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

The OP set defenses:

You are right i should of looked into it more i put my hands up and apologise

Kudos to you for owning the mistake
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Still would like to see your ships though.
  • TVF wrote: »

r279fg9sypl4.jpg

jt9cxu6ruuq9.jpg
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'll be completely honest, I'm surprised at 3m GP you can take first with those being your top ships. Not surprised if your having trouble fielding two good fleets (offense/defense) for GA.
    I'll be completely honest, I'm surprised at 3m GP you can take first with those being your top ships. Not surprised if your having trouble fielding two good fleets (offense/defense) for GA.

Yeah need to strengthen a second fleet
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Definitely. That's one place Ships 2.0 really helped me, I had a top fleet under the old meta and after a little while under 2.0 with the smaller version of that meta I switched to bugs (and HT eventually). Two strong fleets now.